Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,953 members, 7,915,795 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:36 AM

Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition (2963 Views)

Governors In Abuja To Persuade Buhari To Share Excess Crude Funds / What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) / Auditor General Queries N2.3rr Excess Crude Account Deductions- Nations Newspape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by ak47mann(m): 5:43am On Feb 10, 2012
Another indication that the country’s oil sector is deep in corruption emerged on Thursday with a petition by the Liberian government alleging that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation supplied one million barrels of crude in excess of its request in 2009.

The petition tendered by a member of the House of Representatives Ad Hoc Committee on the Subsidy Regime, Mr. James Faleke, indicates that while the Liberian government requested 10,000 barrels of crude, the NNPC allegedly used a Nigerian firm to supply one million barrels in excess of the request.

The petition was sent by the Office of the Auditor-General of Liberia.

The petitioners claimed that the corporation collected full payment for the excess supply but did not remit the money to the Federal Government.

“The petition is here with us; it has not been addressed. We just feel that we should bring it to your notice”, Faleke told the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr. Austin Oniwon, who appeared before the panel.

Oniwon dismissed the matter, saying that he was not aware of the allegation but he promised to investigate the allegation and report back to the committee.

Meanwhile, Total Nigeria Plc (Downstream) has denied that it collected excess subsidy payment of N2.6bn in 2011.

The company claimed that what was recorded as overpayment against it came as a result of “time-lag effect between submission of claims and the effective date of payments.”

The panel had accused Total last week of receiving N18.8bn in 2011 as subsidy on petrol instead of the N16.1bn due to it.

The Panel said the company’s Managing Director, Mr. Francis Bussagol, did not give satisfactory answers when the allegation was made last week.

However, Bussagol returned on Thursday with documents to explain what the panel said was overpayment.

He told the committee that in 2010, the company imported seven cargoes with a subsidy value of N11.3bn.

However, he said Total was paid only N8.7bn, representing claims for five cargoes.

The MD added, “The outstanding balance of N2.6bn was paid in March 2011 for the remaining two cargoes of PMS received in November and December 2010 respectively.”

The panel also summoned Trafigura Oil and Duke Oil to appear before it on Monday next week to clarify allegations against them.

The committee had directed Oniwon to bring the two companies or they could be barred from operating in Nigeria.

Referring to Trafigura in particular, Lawan said, “We have issues with Trafigura; they must come on Monday unfailingly. The NNPC GMD must bring the company.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nnpc-supplied-liberia-1-million-barrel-excess-crude-petition/
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 10, 2012
cry cry cry cry cry

billions! billions! where else throughout my eighteen going to ninteen years i grew up in Nigeria i have never touch a ten thousand cash and call it mine! but in a week/month a fellow Nigerian has gotten billions into his account.

God thank you for western countries like usa, My country is cursed! ( i wish i know a worst word)
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 10, 2012
LONG LIVE GEJ!

Every can of worms must be opened. This is a silent revolution.
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by Demdem(m): 9:03am On Feb 10, 2012
^^^^

The retardeen has nothing to do with the probe. The initiative came from members of the house of Assembly. Besides i doubt if anything will come out of this probe. Business as usual so rejoice not yet.
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by GeneralGEJ: 10:55am On Feb 10, 2012
if are looking for subsidy thieves - look no further than NNPC , NNPC accounts for at least 50 to 60 percents of imports of petrol and almost 85% of kerosine. I have been following the subsidy committie - when you hear the amounts paid to private marketers in subsidy - The amount is relatively small. so far a private importers collects an average of 3 to 10 billion per year 6 billon X 100 private importers is just 600 billion and not all the importer have been able to execute their allocations.

Search NNPC - you will easily find where 1.7trillion has gone.
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by KnowAll(m): 11:01am On Feb 10, 2012
The petition is here with us; it has not been addressed. We just feel that we should bring it to your notice”, Faleke told the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr. Austin Oniwon, who appeared before the panel.

Oniwon dismissed the matter, saying that he was not aware of the allegation but he promised to investigate the allegation and report back to the committee

[size=16pt]This man is a bloooody blatant liar!!!!!sure, corruption has killed this country pata-pata, no wonder Boko Haram are running riot all over the place maiming and killing people.[/size]
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by splashbaby(m): 11:38am On Feb 10, 2012
I dey laff, NNPC wey no fit import PMS dey oversee the payment of subsidy. What we are suffering in Nigeria is the failure of NNPC. With so many fraud in the downstream, you can imagine what will be happening upstream
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by ziccoit: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^^^^ no no no . I called that a failed system. A system so poor that it is full of loopholes and not self-activated to expose and possibly curd this absurd level of destructing corruption.
This system must crumble and get replaced with a working one. Mind you, GEJ is part of the system.
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
ONIWON is from where, This man lie more than the devil itself, even after being caught red handed in the act.
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by ektbear: 1:17am On Feb 11, 2012
Na wa o

it is time for me to move back home and collect my own share of the national cake.

1 million barrels disappearing like that?

Let me just have 100,000 and I'll be content. I am not a greedy man cheesy
Re: Nnpc Supplied Liberia 1 Million Barrel Excess Crude – Petition by lastpage: 7:32am On Feb 11, 2012
Until we adopt the "China Initiative" : Shoot all Economic Saboteurs on a Drum at Bar Beach!

We will continue to go in circles.

Lastpage!

(1) (Reply)

FG To Spend N1.5bn On Zik’s Mausoleum In Onitsha- Anambra State / PDP Chieftains Ask Jonathan To Prepare For 2019, Want NWC Sacked Immediately / Photo: Ali Modu Sheriff, His Wife And Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.