Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,829 members, 7,886,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 05:37 AM

After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? (831 Views)

Fatal Confession! Pastor Drops Dead On Altar After Confessing To Adultery / Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? / Nairalanders What Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? by pixel83: 8:30am On Feb 11, 2012
I've always wondered if born-again criminals get arrested or report themselves to the police station after confessing of their hideous crimes in church. If they don't, shouldn't they?? Isn't dat restitution
Re: After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? by Joagbaje(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2012
The church still hands some of them over to police but not for prosecution. Its to submit their weapons and other things. That's for self confessed. Riminals, But someone who is on "WANTED " list . If he shows up in a church. He would be led to christ quiet well but he still need to report himself and due process follow. He may be prosecuted for what he was "WANTED " except a miracle takes place.
Re: After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? by newmi(m): 11:18am On Feb 11, 2012
Joagbaje:

The church still hands some of them over to police but not for prosecution. Its to submit their weapons and other things. That's for self confessed. Riminals, But someone who is on "WANTED " list . If he shows up in a church. He would be led to christ quiet well but he still need to report himself and due process follow. He may be prosecuted for what he was "WANTED " except a miracle takes place.
I think that is fare enough but what if he or she is not willing to turn him or herself in to authority what then should the church do perhaps he or she anticipates the worse
Re: After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? by newmi(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2012
pixel83:

I've always wondered if born-again criminals get arrested or report themselves to the police station after confessing of their hideous crimes in church. If they don't, shouldn't they?? Isn't dat restitution
l think l have a concern with expression ". . . born-agian criminals . . ." possibly you ment a criminal who becomes bornagain because 2 Corinthians 5:17(Amp)
17 Therefore if any person is[ ingrafted] in Christ( the Messiah) he is a new creation( a new creature altogether); the old[ previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!
Re: After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? by Joagbaje(m): 1:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
newmi:

I think that is fare enough but what if he or she is not willing to turn him or herself in to authority what then should the church do perhaps he or she anticipates the worse

There's nothing to do about it from my point of view. Except to admonish him. If he is on wanted list, he will have better pardon turning himself in. But if he doesn't turn himself in,he will definitely be caught one day and the end will be bad.
If he want to take his chance it's left to him in my own opinion. If he is genuinely born again I don't think the its right for church to betray him . They should rather counsel him to do and ge him to see reason for turning himself in. Genuine repentance will listen.
Re: After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? by newmi(m): 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
Joagbaje:

If he is genuinely born again I don't think the its right for church to betray him . They should rather counsel him to do and ge him to see reason for turning himself in. Genuine repentance will listen.
interesting, but is it a question of BETRAYAL because the sounds very strong

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts!!!! / Tis Funny How Nigerian Atheists Feel Proud Of Following The White Mans Doctrine / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.