Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,704 members, 7,918,183 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:42 AM

Cat 966C - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cat 966C (3494 Views)

Get Diagnostic Software and Tool For Perkins, Cat & Cummins Generator / Mack Truck With Cat Engine 3406 / Cat 966c, 1972 Model, Front-end Wheel Mounted Loader For Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cat 966C by group507(m): 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2012
Caterpillar Wheel Loader:  Model 966C

Can any person in the house kindly let me know the important things to look for/check when buying Cat Wheel Loader and the average selling price in Nigeria for 1978-1981 Model 966C - like the below pictures

I am about to buy one ------ for resale or renting

Email: onvisglobal@gmail.com

Re: Cat 966C by group507(m): 7:21pm On Feb 11, 2012
more pics

Re: Cat 966C by KunleA2(m): 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2012
[b]Nice clean machine you have there. Based on my limited experience, these are what you should look for when buying a wheel loader:

1. Centerpins: This is the joint that between the front and back half. where the loader twist and turn. they tend to wear out over time.

2. Engine Blowback: Happens when the cylinder linings are wearing out. Lesser engine output

3. Boom pins: The joints between the bucket and the arm that raises it. its wears out over time.

4. Hydraulics: The bucket is raised by hydraulics. Hydraulic pump should be examined.

5. Injector/Injector pump: Supply fuel to the injectors. Proper checks in advisable

If you are buying an equipment like this, the best thing is to get a CAT certified technician to do all the aforementioned inspection for you. Typically runs around $500 thereabout and can take anywhere between 2 to 4 hrs to complete. It is a safer bet that trying to guess by yourself. Don't skimp on the cost especially if you have decided to get the machine. Spending $500 to guard against a $20,000 plus investment is worth it if you ask me.

The technician will also do a oil sample on the transmission to determine if its in good condition or not. You don't wanna be in nigeria with a loader and a broken transmission in 3 months. That $500 investment will pale in comparison with what it will cost you.

The good thing is that you can find the closest CAT dealer in the area you wanna buy the equipment and see if they can do the inspection for you. They will have a reference if they cannot.

Good luck out there.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Cat 966C by group507(m): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2012
Thank you very much Kunle. I'll go with your advise and have CAT Cert Tech do inspection.

Re: Cat 966C by ngochindo(m): 11:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
am interested can i get cat 950 c from you?
email me asap @festus18ng@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

2003 Honda Accord Leather @ 1.8 M (NOW 1.7 M) SOLD SOLD SOLD !! / Registered Toyota Camry 1999 Tiny @ 600k With Factory Fitted A/c / MDX Acura 4x4 Jeep 2005 Model Tokunbo For Sale New Arrival (Very Clean)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.