Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,062 members, 7,966,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 07:02 AM

Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan (1239 Views)

Man Commits Suicide In Gombe After Parents Refuse Choice Of Wife (graphic Pic) / Vulcanizer Commits Suicide In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 10:50am On Feb 13, 2012
A 38-year-old hunter and blacksmith, Amidu Olajire at the weekend committed suicide by shooting himself with a locally made single barrel gun.
The man was said to have committed the act around 6.30am on Saturday in front of an uncompleted bungalow building at Condemned Road, Bakari Area of Ibadan, Oyo State, shortly after visiting his grandmother.

Though, nobody could actually confirm why the man decided to an end his own life but a family source said the late Olajire might have killed himself because of family and health challenges. Sympathizers trooped to the scene to watch the lifeless body of the hunter and father of six, lying in the pool of his own blood.
The hunter’s lifeless body, a long locally made gun, a bottle of gun powder and his handset were yet to be evacuated when journalists visited the scene.
A team of policemen from Apata Division later arrived the scene at about 12.20pm to remove the body.

The deceased’s grandmother popularly known as Iya Osun was said to have fainted on hearing the death of her grandson. She was, however, revived by sympathizers. Iya Osun recalling how the deceased had visited her house at about 6.30am to report his wife who he alleged, had disappeared with his four children since last Thursday.

“He came to me to express his bitterness about the way his wife packed out of the house, and that I should also accompany him to get his medication from his doctor. But I told him that the whole matter would be resolved. I tried to appeal to him against taking laws into his hand. I told him that we cannot get any treatment from the doctor because we are still indebted to the hospital. After all my explanations, something told me he was not satisfied. I remember him telling me that I will not be happy with the next line of action.”

“That was how he left my house in annoyance as he took Okada and sped off. I don’t know that he was coming here to take his life.” Iya Osun said. The Chairman, of the Landlord Association in the area, Mr. Mathew Bolaji who was busy consoling members of the deceased’s family, described the incident as very shocking and unfortunate, especially to a man like Olajire who was very popular in the area.

A community leader at Bakari, Chief Mukaila Adebayo a.k.a. Mokas while speaking on the incident said “I was in my house this morning at about 7am when I heard a deafening sound of gunshot. few minutes later I heard people crying and when I inquired to know what really happened they confirmed to me that it was Amidu, the blacksmith, that shot himself to death. This is very strange in this area.”

A source at Apata Police Station said the body of the late hunter had been deposited at Adeoyo Hospital mortuary, adding that preliminary investigation showned that Amidu committed suicide out of frustration.
Re: Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 10:54am On Feb 13, 2012
RIP BROTHER.

Taking your own life wouldn't have been the best option.Challenges are there before we were born will also remain after we left.This is why my father told me that there is no life without challenges and every man should always be ready for it,and there is no short cut in issue of life all we need is to apply strategies to overcome and still be ready for more because the more you grown the more you see things.
Re: Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by DuduNegro: 11:18am On Feb 13, 2012
May his soul rest in peace, Amen.
Re: Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by Vuprax: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2012
Sad story. When this suicide trend start in Naija sef?
Re: Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by seenoevil1: 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2012
Vuprax:

Sad story. When this suicide trend start in Naija sef?

My brother It didn't just start today Ohhh ,  One of the founding fathers of Nigeria actually committed suicide , some people believe he drank rat poison . I am not sure if that's true or False but its a well known fact that he committed suicide  . But Anyway this is very sad .
Re: Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
Didn't finish reading the story, as it's just too sad to stomach. Honestly, the wrong people (for the most part) are holding positions of trust and leadership in this country; and stupendous (mostly stolen) wealth is in the hands of a greedy few as well.

A part of me dies anytime i read a story of someone killing themselves b'cos of money issues, especially when the person involved is young and in the 'spring' of their life. I've always believed that if there's a concerted/planned effort by all Nigerians -with a massive surplus in the Bank- to help the less fortunate, then we'd be able to get a handle on this feeling of hopelessness and gloom that pervades the lifes of our youth; a feeling that leads them to see no light at the end of the tunnel and think ending it all is the best option.

That's why it's important to be kind to all you meet every day, as you never know what people are going through in their private lifes, and if God may want to use you to prevent another statistic.
Re: Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by Tyche(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

That's why it's important to be kind to all you meet every day, as you never know what people are going through in their private lifes, and if God may want to use you to prevent another statistic.

True talk
Re: Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 3:49pm On Feb 13, 2012
see*noevil:

My brother It didn't just start today Ohhh ,  One of the founding fathers of Nigeria actually committed suicide , some people believe he drank rat poison . I am not sure if that's true or False but its a well known fact that he committed suicide  . But Anyway this is very sad .

see*noevil:

[size=14pt][b]@seanet and dayokanu . WHAT DO YOU WANT THE MODERATORS TO DO ? they are doing there best . Advise people like Eko ile , Aigbofa , bluetooth (if he is still here) , ileke idi , lasinoh , ak47man to stop all this tribalistic BS , I am no saint myself BUT i have decided to change PLUS i never went over the edge with this tribal thing . but isn't it time to change ?. @DAYOKANU i believe you want to set up an e-library or something for Africa and i hate to say this but i think you need to change your ways if you are going to be doing something of that magnitude for Africa . The last thing Nigeria and Africa needs is a tribalist representing the country or continent , We don't want a situation where someone acts like a saint in the presence of sponsors and in fund raisers only for him to be a deceitful snake and tribalist in reality , in my opinion i would say that is fraud . So DAYOKANU should either stop being a tribalist or discard your idea totally because i would not have a tribalist represent Nigeria or Africa . PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE IMAGE BELOW  , SPREAD THE MESSAGE  grin

[/b][/size]

You see an example of what I said about people who start and later go and complain.

Well I am soon coming out of my 48hrs break and it would be bloody, Only that we dont go to open threads and complain like cowards do
Re: Hunter Commits Suicide In Ibadan by sheyguy: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2012
dayokanu:

You see an example of what I said about people who start and later go and complain.

Well I am soon coming out of my 48hrs break and it would be bloody, Only that we dont go to open threads and complain like cowards do
Oga dayokanu pls forgive them, for they know not what they are doing.

(1) (Reply)

At 9 I'm A Burglar And An Indian Hemp Smoker / A Final Year Student Of Madonna University, Assaulted By The Institution’s Dean / See How These Hausa Speaking Men Are Defiling Young Girls [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.