Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,738 members, 7,895,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:25 PM

What Would You Do If It Were You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If It Were You? (1011 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If It Were You? by Godwin7(m): 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2012
When we moved into this compound some few years back ,i was very friendly with every one in the compound both old and young but i noticed this couple would not bulge they were not friendly at all . it got to a point when one night while i was parking my car i personally had to call out to the wife and she gave a feeble reply . So i decided to retreat back into my shell. And so we have been leaving since with every one minding his or her own business. This was how we were living until sometime last year the wife put to bed , i was very happy for them because it was their first baby, but i was very careful i sent my wife to go and greet them . From what my wife said when she came back they were surprised to se her. i did not allow my kids to play towards their flat cause i don't want their trouble.Now the question is did i do any thing wrong in not going to greet the young couple but sending my wife and not allowing my kid to play towards their flat. Fellow Nlders i am waiting for your response.
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 13, 2012
No, stay away from them.
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by ronkebp(f): 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2012
You did not do anything wrong, it is right to want to protect your family, because what on earth will make them have a cold attitude towards you in the first place?
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by feminineA: 4:21pm On Feb 13, 2012
I support ur decision. Some co tanant can just b very funny. Continue to mind ur family n b careful when they come back to their senses they will b d ones comin over. However what u all shouild do like wat I did to a similar cotenant was to always greet her even if she doesn't reply and dats d only thing u shld owe them.
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by Godwin7(m): 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2012
Thanks for all ur comments. I just needed to know if probably i was wrong in my approach so far.
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by Roland17(m): 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2012
Its the birth of a new child OP, you are going to pay homage to the new baby and not the man or the woman, i personally feel you would have gone with your family to welcome the new baby and after then keep your distance from them since the relationship between both have not improved,

My humble Opinion,
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by Fhemmmy: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2012
Yes, you were wrong . . . Is it by force that yu have to be talking to them? They dont want your friendship for reasons best known to them, so why shoving it down their throat?
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by tpia5: 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2012
if they're not friendly then just leave them alone.

personally, i prefer such types to the ones who pretend to be friendly even when they dont like you.

the latter are far more dangerous.

its good your wife greeted them and the baby. You've done your part and thats what matters.
Re: What Would You Do If It Were You? by taryour(f): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2012
@op,excatly just as kennykadry has said,stay away from them.

(1) (Reply)

Any Only Children Out Here On NL ? / Extra Marital Affairs, Yes Or No / Are You Externalizing Your Problems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.