Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,856 members, 7,909,213 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:56 PM

Bank Loan Repayment Advise Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Loan Repayment Advise Needed (902 Views)

Bank Loan Repayment Assistance / How To Re-Negotiate A Bad Bank Loan / Would You Buy A Car With A Bank Loan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Loan Repayment Advise Needed by salvaman: 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2012
Please I need advise from our financial consultants in the house to help me out in this loan dellma I found my self.
My bank financed some items for me worth N500,000.I was asked to be paying N47,500 every month.I have paid for four months and deviated for three months now.
I approached the bank to reschedule the repayment so that I can be paying N20,000 every month.My bank refused ,instead they are threatening to come and take possessions of the items they financed form me.
Please brother and sisters,what do I do?
The worst part of the thing is that most of the things have damaged.Is there any way I can approach their head office to make them see reason with me?
Please,I need good advise and suggestions from you members of this forum.
Thanks
Re: Bank Loan Repayment Advise Needed by alienkind: 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2012
Well,it will be a hard thing for them to do.You have defaulted before.You
can look for a lump sum say 20% of the money,then ask for refinance for the balance.
There should be a loan default agency and helpline in Nigeria like you have in developed nations.
Debt is a bad thing that can give hypertension and even death.If government can
create AMCON,they should also do this too.The debt agency can help spread the payment
at your convenience.This is what happens in developed countries.If there is default,then your
things can be sold to recover the loan.
Re: Bank Loan Repayment Advise Needed by owunmi: 12:34am On Feb 25, 2012
'
Please get a lawyer immediately!!!

You might be surprised to find that the loan has been structured in such a way as to make things very difficult for you.

I'm in a similar situation and my lawyer has been able to uncover a lot of anomalies in the way my bank has been dealing with my business. He has written them and now they are more reasonable.

Please dont hesitate to look for a lawyer that would at least look at your contract with them.
Re: Bank Loan Repayment Advise Needed by 3RNEST(m): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2012
I second that, go get your a lawyer cuz they are nt above the law, but next time be careful hw u handle loan.
Re: Bank Loan Repayment Advise Needed by stagger: 11:04am On Feb 25, 2012
Hmm. Better get a lawyer otherwise you will be repossessed!

(1) (Reply)

I Need N800k Loan To Pay N1million After 2months / Boost Babies Immune System With Honey / Banks For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.