Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,828 members, 7,935,562 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 11:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9108538 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10115) (10116) (10117) (10118) (10119) (10120) (10121) ... (14332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 10:16pm On May 07, 2021
GloryIsaac:

14th. An extra day for rest goes a long way.

Only one game can be shown on Friday and that game had been chosen by TV folks before United fans went to disrupt the Liverpool game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2021
handelex:
But he didn't bottle at Celtic nau, he broke all manner of records there. Maybe his bottling demons comes alive in England.

Winning at Celtic is same as beating Eintracht Frankfurt with Bayern Munich. It’s easier than ABC.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2021
Leyqute:

Winning at Celtic is same as beating Eintracht Frankfurt with Bayern Munich. It’s easier than ABC.
I think they've missed Barnes, that youngster has a bright future in front of him...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2021
maidaboi:
tongue
Well......they still lost
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 07, 2021
Illimitable:

Only one game can be shown on Friday and that game had been chosen by TV folks before United fans went to disrupt the Liverpool game.

Nothing is set in stone. If they wanted to show it on Friday, they will. Rescheduling didn’t start today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 12:17am On May 08, 2021
I think all we need do is try very hard to beat A'Villa, then Leicester shouldnt be that difficult because they should have one eye at the final with Chelshit..

For me, that's easy six points so Bruno and co can get early rest and James them gang go enjoy the remaining games abeg..But football isnt mathematics shaa..Looking forward to what OGS does anyway..I hope he realises that 4th or 2nd, na still UCL..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:55am On May 08, 2021
CrystalTiger:
I think all we need do is try very hard to beat A'Villa, then Leicester shouldnt be that difficult because they should have one eye at the final with Chelshit..

For me, that's easy six points so Bruno and co can get early rest and James them gang go enjoy the remaining games abeg..But football isnt mathematics shaa..Looking forward to what OGS does anyway..I hope he realises that 4th or 2nd, na still UCL..
@bolded

We need just 3 points to secure champs league football.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 1:14am On May 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

Neither do I like ole's own.
Bye.
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 1:17am On May 08, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:38am On May 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
I think they've missed Barnes, that youngster has a bright future in front of him...

They’ve got players with similar style or play and quality level. The difference in quality between D. Gray, Tirlemans, Barnes, Maddison, etc isn’t much, it is their form that tells how hot they are at a moment.

So if Barnes wasn’t injured, they won’t really miss him if he wasn’t in form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 2:46am On May 08, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Nothing is set in stone. If they wanted to show it on Friday, they will. Rescheduling didn’t start today.

The TV scheduling are set in stone. They cannot schedule more than 10 games on a Friday. If this happened at the start of the season, they would have moved things around a bit but the competition is almost over and all the games this month have already been distributed to the TV companies.

There’s nothing the FA can do - there’s zero room to move things around for Man Utd. 3 games in 7 days is nothing though. I have seen worse scheduling of festive fixtures some years back. Ole should be able to navigate United to safety especially when Leicester keep dropping points.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 5:21am On May 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

@bolded

We need just 3 points to secure champs league football.
We need just 7points to finish second, if not for the rivalry against Liverpool, I will suggest he used a whole second team against Liverpool. Concentrate on beating Aston villa,Fulham and wolves. Looking at the football congestion fixtures list again, I will suggest the coach goes for a wholesome change against Leicester
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 5:23am On May 08, 2021
Illimitable:

The TV scheduling are set in stone. They cannot schedule more than 10 games on a Friday. If this happened at the start of the season, they would have moved things around a bit but the competition is almost over and all the games this month have already been distributed to the TV companies.

There’s nothing the FA can do - there’s zero room to move things around for Man Utd. 3 games in 7 days is nothing though. I have seen worse scheduling of festive fixtures some years back. Ole should be able to navigate United to safety especially when Leicester keep dropping points.
Please mention teams in recent years that has to play three games within 5 days in the history of premier League.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:14am On May 08, 2021
Leyqute:

At all. We for suffer die. I expect some of our players to get injured due to that congested fixture.

Instead of complaining over spilled milk Amaka should make use of the squad. The gap between us and 5th gives him the opportunity to make some changes.

If important players get injured and miss the Europa League final because of the fixture congestion it is on him.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:55am On May 08, 2021
afrodoc:

Instead of complaining over spilled milk Amaka should make use of the squad. They gap between us and 5th gives him the opportunity to make some changes.

If important players get injured and miss the Europa League final because of the fixture congestion it is on him.

I told someone the same thing. He's the manager for something and he needs to wholesomely distribute playing time between the players.

Priority is high on Europa. I can't imagine Cavani for example playing three matches for full minutes. Some players are workaholic though.

But I wish EPL can give room to 5-man sub.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:31am On May 08, 2021
afrodoc:

Instead of complaining over spilled milk Amaka should make use of the squad. The gap between us and 5th gives him the opportunity to make some changes.

What OGS said Doc...

"Someone might not happy with my team selection for one or two games because it might affect whoever gets into CL. That’s not my problem. I don't know how you can defend playing these three games in such a short space of time.”

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:18am On May 08, 2021
handelex:
What OGS said Doc...

"Someone might not happy with my team selection for one or two games because it might affect whoever gets into CL. That’s not my problem. I don't know how you can defend playing these three games in such a short space of time.”

Maybe he is being misunderstood though. He is probably talking about the fact that if he fields weakened teams against Leicester and Liverpool, Chelshit and West Ham might not like it.

He should get on with the job. If he had not soldered Telles, Williams, Bailly and co to the bench for long periods they would not be so rusty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:22am On May 08, 2021
Leyqute:

They’ve got players with similar style or play and quality level. The difference in quality between D. Gray, Tirlemans, Barnes, Maddison, etc isn’t much, it is their form that tells how hot they are at a moment.

So if Barnes wasn’t injured, they won’t really miss him if he wasn’t in form.
Is Gray still at Leicester? Tielemans is a CM whilst Maddison is an AM who has had an injury disrupted season.

Barnes on the other hand is a left winger who drove their attack with his fearless approach...

If not for injuries, Iheanacho wouldn't have had this extended run in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by biomustry: 9:08am On May 08, 2021
Still a fraud, but Ole has tried

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:48am On May 08, 2021
biomustry:
Still a fraud, but Ole has tried
How did Spurs get worse? What position were they when Mou took over from Poch?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:49am On May 08, 2021
BARAJ92:
We need just 7points to finish second, if not for the rivalry against Liverpool, I will suggest he used a whole second team against Liverpool. Concentrate on beating Aston villa,Fulham and wolves. Looking at the football congestion fixtures list again, I will suggest the coach goes for a wholesome change against Leicester
For me let us beat what is in front of us, once we are sure of champs league footy, I don mind seeing fish in defence and elanga in attack against pool, Leicester et al.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:50am On May 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
How did Spurs get worse? What position were they when Mou took over from Poch?
How didn't they get worse?
What Happened this season?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:53am On May 08, 2021
afrodoc:

Maybe he is being misunderstood though. He is probably talking about the fact that if he fields weakened teams against Leicester and Liverpool, Chelshit and West Ham might not like it.

He should get on with the job. If he had not soldered Telles, Williams, Bailly and co to the bench for long periods they would not be so rusty.
My exact thought, he is just bluntly saying, my team selection won't be competitive.

I am sure he doesn't want loserpool in the champs for any reason. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:58am On May 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

How didn't they get worse?
What Happened this season?
Answer simple question, where was Spurs when Poch left? What position were they when Mou left? Didn't Mourinho improve their league position? Or you want to bring in the league position in other seasons before Pochetino's last season? If so, how has Ole improved Manchester United when Mourinho finish second with 81 pts whilst here and won the Caraboa cup and UEL? Has Ole improved on the 2nd place finish whilst surpassing the 81pts? Has he won the trophies Mou won with us?

This one is straight forward na!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:01am On May 08, 2021
afrodoc:

When I see how well Iheanacho has done, I realize that some of those players glued to the bench for whatever reason are actually good enough...If Barnes, Maddison and others weren't injured, Iheanacho would still be looked at as simply not good enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:03am On May 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

For me let us beat what is in front of us, once we are sure of champs league footy, I don mind seeing fish in defence and elanga in attack against pool, Leicester et al.

In addition to this I want us to end the season unbeaten away from home. Aston Villa and Wolves can put an end to that.

Top 4 is guaranteed already. We are 4 points ahead of Leicester with 2 games in hand. Chelsea and Leicester will still drop more points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
When I see how well Iheanacho has done, I realize that some of those players glued to the bench for whatever reason are actually good enough...If Barnes, Maddison and others weren't injured, Iheanacho would still be looked at as simply not good enough.

Leicester always recruit good talent with decent qualities. Chelsea too. Such that if one coach can’t get the best out of them, a new one will. Kelechi has been sitting on the bench for years, but he is still a talented player. Can play both counter and possession based football. Can shoot from outside the box and through a pack of bodies as well.

We also have players like that in our team but they’re not much- Pogba, Martial, Shaw, etc. I haven’t seen enough of VDB to fully put him in this category. Yet. Fred has a lot of energy but his other qualities fail him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 10:09am On May 08, 2021
#OleOUT

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:11am On May 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
Anser simple question, why poin was Spurs when Poch left? What position were they when Mou left? Didn't Mourinho improve their league position? Or you want to bring in the league position in other seasons before Pochetino's last season? If so, how has Ole improved Manchester United when Mourinho finish second with 81 pts whilst here and won the Caraboa cup and UEL? Has Ole improved on the 2nd place finish whilst surpassing the 81pts? Has he won the trophies Mou won with us?

This one is straight forward na!
I think he's comparing the atrocious football both played. In your own opinion which team played worse, Poch's in his last season or José's before he got sacked?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Thegamingorca(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2021
nani667:
#OleOUT

Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2021
melodyogonna:

I think he's comparing the atrocious football both played. In your own opinion which team played worse, Poch's in his last season or José's before he got sacked?
The attached pick that I first quoted talked about improvement. The best metric to judge improvement is trophies won and league position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:23am On May 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
The attached pick that I first quoted talked about improvement. The best metric to judge improvement is trophies won and league position.
No be everything you must put mouth.. you don’t have to engage in every discuss, many are bait and you willingly fall almost every time.

They are people here, that once you just type “OLE” and say nothing else, they will start jumping around and typing all sorts, it’s quite irritating to see.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10115) (10116) (10117) (10118) (10119) (10120) (10121) ... (14332) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: iamharkinwaley, Ihebu4chelsea(m), Leyqute(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.