Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,201 members, 7,925,726 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:22 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9070199 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10600) (10601) (10602) (10603) (10604) (10605) (10606) ... (14306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2021
Oasis007:
Solskjær: "To be able to spread the goals across more forwards is going to be important for us. An attacking midfielder should not be the only player reaching 15 or 20 goals for us, no."

This is Trevor012's mind undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2021
handelex:
"Is there a club/organization/etc who are better than Arsenal at just continually destroying your will to support them? It's almost like this is some fucking test of the human spirit to see how much shit can be dumped on a group of supporters before they tap out"

undecided undecided undecided

Mehn, true words grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2021
CrystalTiger:

Low key, you've got to be the most troublesome person here grin cheesy lol
That's not true o. I don't like trouble
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Person talk say you like wahala, and tbvh, na true
cheesy cheesy
Not true o. I don't even drag anything with anybody here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2021
adebayo201:

I'm not sure you understand that statement

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2021
eph12:

I'm not sure you understand that statement

Kindly explain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2021
Illimitable:

I am not your pastor.

Do the research yourself and tell me what you found.

Fact remains Rooney is a striker, started out as a striker before he was deemed not good enough and he was moved back a little to accommodate those that have a natural ability for scoring.

Rooney was not Everton striker, so how did he start as a striker? Even for the three lions at that time, he was not the striker. He always played as a number 10 behind another striker. Rooney himself did not see himself as a striker to begin with. He was being forced to play close to the goal because of his scoring ability. Rooney has confirmed he played as a number 9 in only two seasons. This has been my argument since joining this sports section in 2013.
"Them two seasons (2008-09, 2009-10) were the two seasons I played as a number nine on my own," Rooney said on BT Sport.

"I played there in and out in different games but I played for the whole season in them two years.

"I actually didn't enjoy the games as much. I've always been a player that wants to get involved in the game and it is something which Marcus will learn over next few years.

"It took me seven or eight years to learn how to play there and to learn to play with your back to goal. It's the hardest position to play. You've got big centre-backs coming through back of you and you're on your own.

"I weren't enjoying it, but it was my best two years of scoring. I remember coming off the pitch and scoring two goals and saying, 'I was awful. I didn't play that well today. I didn't have that many touches of the ball.

In 2009/10, Rooney hit an impressive 26 goals in the Premier League and won the PFA Player of the Year. Only Didier Drogba notched more in the top flight that season, but Rooney wasn't best-pleased.

Ferdinand recalled his long-time teammate asking Sir Alex Ferguson to change his position going into the next campaign.

Ferdinand added: "We spoke when we came back to pre-season. I remember speaking to you and you said, 'I'm going to speak to the manager and say I want to play as a number ten.'

"I was sitting there going, 'But you scored 30-odd goals this season Wazza.' But you weren't enjoying your football and I couldn't get my head around that."

Rooney did end up moving further back at United, before going on to return to boyhood club Everton in 2017.

After a spell stateside with D.C United, he finished his career at Derby County, who he has just kept in the Championship on the final day after being appointed manager in January.
'"

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:15am On Aug 14, 2021
adebayo201:

Kindly explain
Ole is not saying Bruno should stop scoring or getting in positions. He's saying others should step up and do same too. There's space for everyone. One person don't have to draw back for the other to shine

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2021
adebayo201:

I'm not sure Ole wants to bench or sell Bruno undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:43am On Aug 14, 2021
eph12:

Ole is not saying Bruno should stop scoring or getting in positions. He's saying others should step up and do same too. There's space for everyone. One person don't have to draw back for the other to shine

Okay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2021
handelex:
I'm not sure Ole wants to bench or sell Bruno undecided

Gotten
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:59am On Aug 14, 2021
Solskjær: “I’m impressed by his (Jones) resilience in training. We have to manage the workload early on.

“I’ve been part of that myself after being out for the best part of a year and a little bit more than that. He’s been so determined and worked so hard.

“Now is not the time to rush things, now is the time to really do the last bit perfectly. As I said, Reserve games, Under-23s, maybe behind closed doors.

“He’s already had in-house games against the 23s so it’s looking good.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2021
Solskjær: “Jesse should be [doing a] test to release very soon, hopefully he’s got rid of the virus. Dean is still feeling a little bit the after effects, so we’ve had to shut him down a little bit and he’ll get going very soon.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2021
Solskjær: "Tim (Heaton) has done well. Jadon [Sancho] has come in and done very good this week. Maybe a little bit too early, I’ll see how he is. I’d say you’ll see him. He’s definitely involved in the squad.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:31am On Aug 14, 2021
Lineup

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2021
McFred again. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:34am On Aug 14, 2021
grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2021
Back to MacFred again? We no get choice chai
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2021
Solskjær on Jadon Sancho: "It is too soon to start, he has had a holiday after the Euros, been ill and training with us for four days which is not really enough for 90 mins against Leeds. He is ready to come on and make a difference."

- BT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2021
grin

Pro McFred

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2021
grin

Anti McFred

2 Likes

grin

Deckers/Fencists

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 96forever: 11:47am On Aug 14, 2021
VdB finds himself on the bench once again, despite all the pre season fitness games and all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2021
grin

Both Teams' List.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:51am On Aug 14, 2021
Solskjær on the lineup: "They're [Leeds] physically very strong and you need to have players who are fit ourselves. Scott [McTominay] hasn't played a lot in pre-season because of slight niggles but he's raring to go. We'll need his physical presence."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:51am On Aug 14, 2021
Solskjær on if Jadon Sancho will feature: "Yeah, of course. Depending on how the game goes and if there's injuries and stuff. He's trained for a week, he's looking sharp and ready to go."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2021
Make Pogba no serve us Wetin he served for that Leeds match sha

Or can bruno just play 9 and pogba slot in to his position?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2021
Why Pogba on d wing..

Not loving this oh..

Pius ikedia on d left..

But martial for play this match oh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2021
Ahhhhh shit here we go again..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2021
[b][/b]Sky Sports’ Gary Neville:

"I'm comfortable with Aaron Wan-Bissaka. The reasoning being, if you look at the back four, United have an outstanding attacking left-back. We've got two excellent centre-backs in Harry Maguire and Raphael Varane.

"If you look at Chelsea or Liverpool's back four, they've both got someone who's not perfect. You can't have world-class across the field. I think Wan-Bissaka is improving and he's a good defender. He's not had a consistent partner down that right since he joined so I'm hopeful Jadon Sancho will provide that for him.

"I do share the concern in midfield but they're not going to spend another £70m on a world-class holding midfielder. Their business is done but it is a problem. United have signed Sancho and Varane who are good signings but I still don't think it's enough.

"I'd still want to sign a centre forward and I'd be going all out to sign Harry Kane. If City can get Kane, why can't we? We can compete with them. If United bought Kane, they'd have a great chance.

"Kane would provide five years of absolute gold. You could then hold the likes of Wan-Bissaka and McTominay as they've got the right spirit and they've got guts.

"When I was playing, we had personalities such as Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea, the list goes on. We had great players around us which enabled us to win titles."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Respect Mr jones

(1) (2) (3) ... (10600) (10601) (10602) (10603) (10604) (10605) (10606) ... (14306) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.