Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,879 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8894608 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11295) (11296) (11297) (11298) (11299) (11300) (11301) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
donstan18:

Perfect time for Usain Bolt to sign for ManU.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
slimghost:

Let’s revisit this topic after the game. None is the 3 midfielders is comfortable with the ball or able to dictate the tempo or control a game.
I wish them goodluck but I am not convinced
I haven't said we will win with this formation and the players the coach has chosen. It's a bold move and I see the logic here. We may not win but it makes sense to line up the team this way against this opponent.

Ronaldo can come in and sneak in some damage
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
We're excited for Rangnick, don't be shocked when he drops any of your favorite

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
slimghost:
This Carrick seems to be a bigger loser than Ole. Hope this parking of trailer works for the Imp.

I read that the new coach has been calling him and helping to prepare for today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Oasis007:
Lineup

This lineup is a steaming pile of pure fuvcking sewage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
The lineup is tailored for a physical play. I can still see Jones in the bench
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
elampiro:

I read that the new coach has been calling him and helping to prepare for today
Are you saying this lineup is basically from Sir Ragnick Abi Ragnarok?
Hemebelembe!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
This lineup looks like Rangnick though, not Carrick.

Pressing FC. We hope it works.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
Joezinho:

We are now 10th On the log table..

We would have genuinely finished bottom third if stuck with Ole Gollum the entire season..
na normal thing till Ole revival happen, and na around this time Ole revival dey occur but as una don sack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
slimghost:

Hemebelembe!

Comrade cheesy grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
elampiro:
The lineup is tailored for a physical play. I can still see Jones in the bench

I see no intelligence around that decision really. More or less to just gets legs around to stiffen Chelsea’s attack and transition.
We are basically playing 3 holding midfielders who can barely contribute anything going forward.
I support the team though. GGMU!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
CrystalTiger:

The only problem na Matic really..Does he have the legs to cover more ground?..

VDB for dey there and alow Mctom to sit deep..

That’s why he’s surrounded by McFred and Bruno.

His role is more of bringing stability to the defense, especially when you realize that Bailly and Lindelof are the defenders.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Lineup

Even Rashford looks confused in d photo.

No Ronaldo shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
Lol Matic to press, them for start Mata instead na, or Lingard instead of Rashford, even greenwood would have been better starting instead of Sancho

This match fit just end goaless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
slimghost:

Hemebelembe!

I saw the below tweet been spread around
Ralf Rangnick is working alongside Michael Carrick virtually in order to prepare the #MUFC players for the game against Chelsea. He offered his expertise on Thursday and has advised the staff on how they should set up against the league leaders.
1:49 PM · Nov 27, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
GloryIsaac:
This lineup looks like Rangnick though, not Carrick.

Pressing FC. We hope it works.

We should stop doing test practice pressing against big teams.

See versus Liverpool we chop 4-0 for first half..

Pressing destroyed in the first 20 minutes..

I don't understand..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
andrewbaba44:
See As Carrick get guts wey ole no get

Ronaldo Suppose Dey rest for some games make we no lie ,he can’t be playing all games

Some Man U fans will rant here as usual grin
But Mctominay no need rest?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
Carrick press conference

Still feels like a player.. Not ready to coach at all judging from press conference
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
Just a quick reminder: Fred and McTom are naturally occurring number 8s

Playing both as DMs na out of their natural position

Let's have faith for it might werk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
slimghost:

Let’s revisit this topic after the game. None of the 3 midfielders is comfortable with the ball or able to dictate the tempo or control a game.
I wish them goodluck but I am not convinced

It's a sensible decision.

Ronaldo scores goals.

But if you watch him closely, you'll notice he offers nothing else apart from that.

The thing is that scoring goals, if it comes at the expense of a thin, easily exposed midfield, is futile.

That's why playing Ronaldo with Bruno is like suicide.

That being said, it being a sensible decision, doesn't mean it will avoid defeat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
eph12:

I haven't said we will win with this formation and the players the coach has chosen. It's a bold move and I see the logic here. We may not win but it makes sense to line up the team this way against this opponent.

Ronaldo can come in and sneak in some damage

Exactly.

There's Greenwood too.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
Bruno actually replaced Ronaldo.

Why did Carrick bench Ronaldo? Why now?

Such a wise Manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
GloryIsaac:

That’s why he’s surrounded by McFred and Bruno.

His role is more of bringing stability to the defense, especially when you realize that Bailly and Lindelof are the defenders.

In this game, Matic is the DM while the other 2 are b2b midfielders.

Helps with pressing though buildup may suffer.

I suspect De Gea will hoof it upfield for most of the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
Complaints just full ground. Wetin don spoil don spoil. There is no formation or line-up that would guarantee success in the match so siddon look mode should be activated.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mrviktor:

I don't understand..

That's because it was an uncoordinated effort.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mrviktor:

I don't understand..

Well, if things were done right, the team would have had at least a month to prepare for today’s match.

At this point, no one is sure of what will actually work. We’re however fortunate to have all the tools we need bar a young defensive midfielder.

Fred might just turn out a key player if this gengenpress thing works, especially now that he’s being pushed up the field. Can’t say same for some big boys.

As Leyqute mentioned, we used to press by roster before. This looks like it’ll be more coordinated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Lol Matic to press, them for start Maya instead na, or Lingard instead of Rashford, even greenwood would have been better starting instead of Sancho

This match fit just end goaless

Lingard ahead of sancho swears.

Rudiger go dey form agbero with sancho now cuz of inexperience
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mrviktor:

Lingard ahead of sancho swears.

Rudiger go dey form agbero with sancho now cuz of inexperience

Rudiger Mr. corporate shoe cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
andrewbaba44:
See As Carrick get guts wey ole no get

Ronaldo Suppose Dey rest for some games make we no lie ,he can’t be playing all games

Some Man U fans will rant here as usual grin

Ole did get tons of abuse from resting CR against Villa. So lets keep the same energy. Carrick I don't believe is doing anything different to Ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
TheLequte:

In this game, Matic is the DM while the other 2 are b2b midfielders.

Helps with pressing though buildup may suffer.

I suspect De Gea will hoof it upfield for most of the game.

Anything to curb Chelsea’s midfield and wingbacks is highly welcomed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
TheLequte:

It's a sensible decision.

Ronaldo scores goals.

But if you watch him closely, you'll notice he offers nothing else apart from that.

The thing is that scoring goals, if it comes at the expense of a thin, easily exposed midfield, is futile.

That's why playing Ronaldo with Bruno is like suicide.

That being said, it being a sensible decision, doesn't mean it will avoid defeat.

This team is set up to keep Chelsea at bay and not to win a game. I will never be down with such mindset.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
adebayo201:

Comrade cheesy grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11295) (11296) (11297) (11298) (11299) (11300) (11301) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.