Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,973 members, 7,873,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8895288 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11507) (11508) (11509) (11510) (11511) (11512) (11513) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
MRTA7:

He's been playing for ivory coast for about 5 years.

On paper their team looks good but they don't seem to click well for some reason.
Not gonna lie, this is like the first AFCON game I'm watching in 4 to 5 years.

Ivory Coast have been decent this game. Only minus in that front 3 is Pepe but he's been causing problems for Sierra Leone

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
codedguy1:

I like to give about 3 months to a new coach to stamp his signature or at least give a hint as to what he intends to achieve and I will still give RR that time but to be honest its not looking good from what am seeing.

As per CL we can't survive with individual brilliance of the players. We need to play like a team that has a purpose and we are are not foing that.

We know the MF especially the DM is useless. But other players are not exactly living up to expectations. Bruno, Ronaldo and De gea I can exonerate.

I just tire.

RR has given more than hint on what he intends to achieve (as per press conference talks), it just doesn’t seem to translate to what we see on the pitch.

I have this belief that we can jungle our way through UCL, our attackers just have to tone down on the selfishness. At worse, we outscore the opponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ellexy:
Na big disgrace we dey face so for CL, even CR7 no go fit do anything if we keep playing laidis undecided

Atletico most likely won’t understand the kind of football we’ll play against them which, fingers crossed, will be in our favor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
1-1. Of course it was Bailly they deleted like that grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... I don't know you to be quitting halfway oo.

You must complete your support for this season oo grin
Not this year grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
ChristoBam:

Why're you even comparing Lukaku and Ronaldo?

They are both new signings.

From the same league.

One in his prime...

One at retirement age.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
Lana1:
Not gonna lie, this is like the first AFCON game I'm watching in 4 to 5 years.

Ivory Coast have been decent this game. Only minus in that front 3 is Pepe but he's been causing problems for Sierra Leone

Both defense are playing well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
Which kind equalizer be this one? grin grin
Just let it go for a corner
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
Very painful goal to conceed..

Keeper burst cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mrviktor:

Keeper burst cry
E reach for the keeper to form serious injury. He fúcked up there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mrviktor:

Keeper burst cry

Na the pitch actually Bleep the keeper up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
I hope Ronaldo misses the next 5 games, i don't want him spoiling our play cos he is United problem. See how well we played yesterday without him, looking forward to more performance like yesterday. GGMU

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
Lana1:
Very bad pitch plus village people.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
nitrogen:

I think we both had this conversation about a week or so ago. Rauf is not helping himself at all. His actions don’t make sense. I believe he’s lost the dressing room, also he has been doing the things we castigated Ole for. Except maybe benching Maguire.

Your tiredness no reach my own.

Las las na only 6months him go use. Make e no be say na that time him go come dey get sense and we go start see improvements for field. Then he now leaves and a new coach go come start all over again.

As per the players, I don't even know what to say. This time I actually feel like sacking our players instead of the coach. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
GloryIsaac:

RR has given more than hint on what he intends to achieve (as per press conference talks), it just doesn’t seem to translate to what we see on the pitch.

I have this belief that we can jungle our way through UCL, our attackers just have to tone down on the selfishness. At worse, we outscore the opponent.

Hint for interview different from wetin we dey see for pitch.

I no know whether the players are useless or the coaches no know wetin dem dey do or both.

How cab you lose a 2 goal lead like that in this time wey everyone dey scrutinize una play.

I tire no be here.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Okay, just to be sure; did you mean footy during SAF's time was an Art and now it's science?

And could you please distinguish the artistic aspect of football from the scientific?

Please somebody should tell hensben that my question is still pending shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Trevor012:
We sacked my darling manager for a tactical talkative with zero sense. We are sorry Sir Ole.

You are a big problem grin grin grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
Telles sent in some very good crosses yesterday one of which resulted in a shot from Greenwood which Martinez did well to save.

Dalot not bombing forward looks like a tactical decision because I noticed that Fred was instead given the license to press forward and that contributed to our midfield being dominated because Fred couldn't fall back into position as quickly as Aston Villa attacked thus Matic was left isolated most times.
Oh and the game before? and the one before that? How many crosses, assists, goals from both? Or its now tactical decisions?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 12:15am On Jan 17, 2022
Lana1:

Big time.

Looks like something Fred nd degea will do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 12:18am On Jan 17, 2022
This man dey try..

He should go to everton.

England just dey punish derby County anyhow.

21 point deduction.

Still hit dem with transfer ban too.

If they survive e go emotional die

They have won 4 of their last 5 games

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2022
eph12:

Oh and the game before? and the one before that? How many crosses, assists, goals from both? Or its now tactical decisions?
You asked a question and I explained what I observed to you and now you're back with another question as if you didn't see some of those games to know that Shaw and AWB were preferred and even when Telles and Dalot played, we opted for 4 2 2 2 which saw the whole team struggling...We only reverted to 4 2 3 1 in the Fa Cup game and the game on Saturday and in those games, for some reason, Rangnick rather instructed Fred to press forward meaning Dalot can't bomb forward as usual as we will be open to counters...Maybe you should go back and watch our game again to understand my earlier reply...

The essence of 4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3 is to give the full backs the license to bomb forward while the wingers play as inverted forwards but here, we rather see Fred pressing high up the pitch meaning Dalot has to be cautious in his offensive play.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:46am On Jan 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
You asked a question and I explained what I observed to you and now you're back with another question as if you didn't see some of those games to know that Shaw and AWB were preferred and even when Telles and Dalot played, we opted for 4 2 2 2 which saw the whole team struggling...We only reverted to 4 2 3 1 in the Fa Cup game and the game on Saturday and in those games, for some reason, Rangnick rather instructed Fred to press forward meaning Dalot can't bomb forward as usual as we will be open to counters...Maybe you should go back and watch our game again to understand my earlier reply...

The essence of 4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3 is to give the full backs the license to bomb forward while the wingers play as inverted forwards but here, we rather see Fred pressing high up the pitch meaning Dalot has to be cautious in his offensive play.
Shaw has crosses in him. In fact, he crossed to Ronaldo recently that Ronaldo made a mess of. For the same tactical reason, or lack of tactics, Shaw has not been doing enough of that. That's the same excuse you're making for Telles now.

But my post was not particularly about last match. I'm still waiting for the crosses, assists and goals that was promised if Shaw and AWB were benched for Dalot and Telles.

And yes I understand your point, and you should understand mine too. We were promised crosses, and that's it. Last match was not the only match they have played
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2022
eph12:

Shaw has crosses in him. In fact, he crossed to Ronaldo recently that Ronaldo made a mess of. For the same tactical reason, or lack of tactics, Shaw has not been doing enough of that. That's the same excuse you're making for Telles now.

But my post was not particularly about last match. I'm still waiting for the crosses, assists and goals that was promised if Shaw and AWB were benched for Dalot and Telles.

And yes I understand your point, and you should understand mine too. We were promised crosses, and that's it. Last match was not the only match they have played
Telles has a better cross in him than Shaw and with him, you are sure of 2-3 good crosses per game. One thing is certain, not every good cross leads to a goal...I have no qualms with Shaw as he has 8t in him but AWB is not just it...

I am not judging our players using whatever happened during Ole's reign but from when Rangnick took over and even then, RR opted for a strange 4-2-2-2 that had the whole team struggling. I just hope he reverts to a proper 4-2-3-1 that has 2 DMs or a DM and CM who can help us retain possession. The idea of Fred pressing forward especially when he is paired with Matic is one tweak that is not sustainable as Matic just doesn't have the legs to over when we are attacked through the middle and Fred is out of position.

I rather have us play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 where our full backs have the license to bomb forward and we have our wing men tucking in to see us have more bodies in the box...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 9:41am On Jan 17, 2022
"Greenwood over Cavani and Ronaldo"

8:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVTeR-L18-Q
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:58am On Jan 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
Telles has a better cross in him than Shaw and with him, you are sure of 2-3 good crosses per game. One thing is certain, not every good cross leads to a goal...I have no qualms with Shaw as he has 8t in him but AWB is not just it...

I am not judging our players using whatever happened during Ole's reign but from when Rangnick took over and even then, RR opted for a strange 4-2-2-2 that had the whole team struggling. I just hope he reverts to a proper 4-2-3-1 that has 2 DMs or a DM and CM who can help us retain possession. The idea of Fred pressing forward especially when he is paired with Matic is one tweak that is not sustainable as Matic just doesn't have the legs to over when we are attacked through the middle and Fred is out of position.

I rather have us play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 where our full backs have the license to bomb forward and we have our wing men tucking in to see us have more bodies in the box...
I think Fred is pressing forward because our attackers don't have it in them., they can't press, they can't close down passing channels, they won't pass/create chances for each other. This is a big problem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:09am On Jan 17, 2022
eph12:

I think Fred is pressing forward because our attackers don't have it in them., they can't press, they can't close down passing channels, they won't pass/create chances for each other. This is a big problem
If we can't press up front, isn't it sensible to remain compact in the midfield and defense rather than risk recovering the ball up front only to be exposed defensively?

Another mistake over the weekend was RR's poor reading of the game hence delayed subs...Gerrard in a bid to exert more control and attacking output brought in ball players in the midfield and attack but RR didn't respond and on time. Cavani should have been replaced by VDB while Lingard come in for Elanga with Greenwood moved up front. With VDB and Lingard (especially) you are sure of more pressing and control in the midfield...We totally surrendered possession to Villa after the hour mark or thereabout which left me wondering what the control RR talks about so often in his pressers is all about...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
If we can't press up front, isn't it sensible to remain compact in the midfield and defense rather than risk recovering the ball up front only to be exposed defensively?

Another mistake over the weekend was RR's poor reading of the game hence delayed subs...Gerrard in a bid to exert more control and attacking poor brought in ball players in the midfield and attack but RR didn't respond and on time. Cavani should have been replaced by VDB while Lingard come in for Elanga with Greenwood moved up front. With VDB and Lingard (especially) you are sure of more pressing and control in the midfield...We totally surrendered possession to Villa after the hour mark or thereabout which left me wondering what the control RR talks about so often in his pressers is all about...
I was also expecting RR to take off Cavani and bring in VDB. Lingard has some energy, bring him too for Elanga. Looks like RR became lost and confused
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:20am On Jan 17, 2022
At a point, I saw Bruno and Fred pressing forward LMAO. Leaving just Matic in the midfield. I'm not sure what the attackers were doing sef. They should just request to exit all competitions and start afresh. Ole killed this club

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:07am On Jan 17, 2022
eph12:

I was also expecting RR to take off Cavani and bring in VDB. Lingard has some energy, bring him too for Elanga. Looks like RR became lost and confused
The man reacted late...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 17, 2022
Mrviktor:
This man dey try..

He should go to everton.

England just dey punish derby County anyhow.

21 point deduction.

Still hit dem with transfer ban too.

If they survive e go emotional die

They have won 4 of their last 5 games
Why Everton?
I think he would be good for United and a perfect replacement for Rauf. Considering what he has done for Derby county and traces of United DNA in his blood.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kodded(m): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2022
Man United have three games in hand.

smiley The hand:

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2022
kodded:
Man United have three games in hand.

smiley The hand:
Ha! You got the whole house laughing

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11507) (11508) (11509) (11510) (11511) (11512) (11513) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.