Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,762 members, 7,930,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9094465 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11684) (11685) (11686) (11687) (11688) (11689) (11690) ... (14322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2022
afrodoc:

Even if Pep or Klopp come in the first thing they will do is offload 1/3 to 1/2 of the team over 2 transfer windows.

This is the most important point I always stress in any arguments relating to Man utd but I think 1/2 is minimum.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:50am On Mar 21, 2022
MRTA7:

This is the most important point I always stress in any arguments relating to Man utd but I think 1/2 is minimum.

You just might be right. If you include pensioners like Mata and Matic and malcontents like Martial, Rashford, Pogba et al it might be up to half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
afrodoc:

You just might be right. If you include pensioners like Mata and Matic and malcontents like Martial, Rashford, Pogba et al it might be up to half.

One day we will have the DDG discussion but I think we have more pressing issues for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2022
MRTA7:

One day we will have the DDG discussion but I think we have more pressing issues for now.

Henderson has lost the war and will be offloaded this summer. The next confrontation might be in about 2-3 years (if DDG is still here) when Vitek might be challenging him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
Jodera:
Una and this Ten Haag ehh. grin cheesy

The way Chelsea fans dey gather receipts in case the guy come and disappoints, even here go shutdown grin grin

Mehnn...I legit prefer to take my chances on that guy than any other manager

As for Chelsea fans, las las dem go use the receipts clean their dirty nyash when Ten Haag disappoint them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2022
afrodoc:

Henderson has lost the war and will be offloaded this summer. The next confrontation might be in about 2-3 years (if DDG is still here) when Vitek might be challenging him.
It depends on the type of GK whoever the new manager is wants. DeGea's days are numbered and rightly so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
Skimpledawg:

You dey mad o Handelex grin

Kai, you dey kolo cheesy
Donstan should get his facts right before spewing what he's not sure of.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2022
Jodera:
Xavi created the system. The system was already getting nonexistent with setien and koeman in charge.

Don't make it look as if it was already in place before xavi took over

My comment wasn’t even about Xavi and Barca. It’s a general comment. And it applies to all top teams.

Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, etc.

If the players are not putting in the efforts…

If one player feels too big to do what’s asked of him…

… the system will not work.

Look at PSG and the wahala they are currently battling.
If Messi goes back to this Barcelona, is undroppable, and can’t be arsed to make an effort, they’ll crumble in no time.

This is apart from having the right players who, after putting in the effort, have the quality to play their positions well and execute their instructions correctly.

Quality has let Man Utd down too many times this season. See all the rubbish crosses they’ve been giving to Ronaldo? Ronaldo himself get for hand sef.

So, apart from having players who can’t be arsed to do their job, they also don’t have the quality to do their job well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
Leyqute:

My comment wasn’t even about Xavi and Barca. It’s a general comment. And it applies to all top teams.

Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, etc.

If the players are not putting in the efforts…

If one player feels too big to do what’s asked of him…

… the system will not work.

Look at PSG and the wahala they are currently battling.
If Messi goes back to this Barcelona, is undroppable, and can’t be arsed to make an effort, they’ll crumble in no time.

This is apart from having the right players who, after putting in the effort, have the quality to play their positions well and execute their instructions correctly.

Quality has let Man Utd down too many times this season. See all the rubbish crosses they’ve been giving to Ronaldo? Ronaldo himself get for hand sef.

So, apart from having players who can’t be arsed to do their job, they also don’t have the quality to do their job well.

One of the first comments from Ralf when he arrived was about working hard and intensity which this team has lacked for a long time. The best teams in the world show this regularly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
eph12:

Very important.

Most of our players are very lazy. I honestly didn't expect Ragnick to abandon his ghen ghen, even if it means working some of these players to death. But looks like he bowed to pressure
That night Bayern flogged Barca 8-2, me and you argued and I asked if Flick could get our players to press like other top teams. You said it was a coaching problem. I said it is because the players are rubbish.

I'm happy you and many others can now see the light with these useless players we are parading.

A couple of them have been here since the days of LVG and they are still playing rubbish.

I just hope the next manager wont come in and be forced to use these guys. He should be given full authority to bin whoever thinks they are too big to play for the badge
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
Lana1:
That night Bayern flogged Barca 8-2, me and you argued and I asked if Flick could get our players to press like other top teams. You said it was a coaching problem. I said it is because the players are rubbish.

I'm happy you and many others can now see the light with these useless players we are parading.

A couple of them have been here since the days of LVG and they are still playing rubbish.

I just hope the next manager wont come in and be forced to use these guys. He should be given full authority to bin whoever thinks they are too big to play for the badge

Many people then were so mad at Ole that criticism of the players was seen as a tacit support of Ole. They forgot that 2 things can be true, the players can be crap and the manager can be crap as well. cheesy

When one looks back the sacking of LVG was probably the 2nd biggest mistake after the appointment of Moyes. Since that sacking chaos has reigned supreme at the club.

With regards the next manager, i have confidence that whatever wrong decision can be made in terms of supporting him the club would make. Bin your hope and watch the events unfold like a Nollywood movie, "To God be the glory".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
Lana1:

The players have been spoilt. I expect coaches like Flick who are used to working with average players to not be scared of playing average players or promote youth players that are willing to fight for every ball and use the ball more intelligently. I expect to see a couple of these players benched until they get sense or disposed. The major problem I see is laziness not talent. Maybe I was wrong about those coaches
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2022
#RangnickOUT

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibukzy: 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
Movement don start grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ennyjay69(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2022
Na anthem remaingrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Na scummies dey go boutique
Lana1 good morning

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
kokanepyramid:
Na scummies dey go boutique
Lana1 good morning
Good night and gerrout undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
eph12:

The players have been spoilt. I expect coaches like Flick who are used to working with average players to not be scared of playing average players or promote youth players that are willing to fight for every ball and use the ball more intelligently. I expect to see a couple of these players benched until they get sense or disposed. The major problem I see is laziness not talent. Maybe I was wrong about those coaches
That season Rashford got upgraded to 250k p/w, I still fail to see what motivated that kind of raise in his contract. It was just another average season. Shortly after that too, they gave Martial 200k for doing nothing as well. Before that it was Lingard.

That period, Woodward gave all the players with their constant shitty performances fat contracts & bonuses and made it clear to them that United was now a club where mediocrity would be rewarded. That's why those guys would be playing as if nothing was at stake.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
afrodoc:

Many people then were so mad at Ole that criticism of the players was seen as a tacit support of Ole. They forgot that 2 things can be true, the players can be crap and the manager can be crap as well. cheesy

When one looks back the sacking of LVG was probably the 2nd biggest mistake after the appointment of Moyes. Since that sacking chaos has reigned supreme at the club.
Felt like they were doing trial and error with the club. They sacked a manager who has imbibed possession philosophy into the team and replaced him with one that parks bus for a living.

With regards the next manager, i have confidence that whatever wrong decision can be made in terms of supporting him the club would make. Bin your hope and watch the events unfold like a Nollywood movie, "To God be the glory".
Na only hope dey at this point and I can only hope that with Rangnick in an administrative role, then they can start to correct some of those poor decisions they have been taking over the years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2022
hensben:
We are talking A you entered B.

Your club could not give a top coach like mou what he wanted to build a formidable team like he did for Madrid, he was nagged and distracted by your ex players on every match day studio session but gave Ole everything including second best player in the world.
We dey talk about the effect of SAF on the present decisions of the team. You turn am to how Ole was backed but Mourinho wasn’t.

You’re the most confused fellow I’ve ever seen on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
MRTA7:

If Ten Haag is the one coming in, we actually need to address the Degea isssue asap. Degea in that Ten Haag style na huge disaster.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
afrodoc:

When a manager spends 3 years plus at a team, whatever happens with the players is on the manager. It’s his job to clear out players and buy the right ones. Man brought in players like Bissaka and Maguire. Two of the worse mistakes in our recent history. Almost 150m gone.

You can’t have plans to press and bring in Maguire and Bissaka. Na ment?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ennyjay69(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
Lana1:
That season Rashford got upgraded to 250k p/w, I still fail to see what motivated that kind of raise in his contract. It was just another average season. Shortly after that too, they gave Martial 200k for doing nothing as well. Before that it was Lingard.

That period, Woodward gave all the players with their constant shitty performances fat contracts & bonuses and made it clear to them that United was now a club where mediocrity would be rewarded. That's why those guys would be playing as if nothing was at stake.
football really has a short term memory,do you know how many goals Rashford has scored for you guys at that age?
The contract might be too high but claiming he did nothing or he is mediocre is really absurd,you guys disrespect Rashford like this cos of one bad season,imagine if you were the ones with werner,ziyech and pulisic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2022
ChristoBam:

When a manager spends 3 years plus at a team, whatever happens with the players is on the manager. It’s his job to clear out players and buy the right ones. Man brought in players like Bissaka and Maguire. Two of the worse mistakes in our recent history. Almost 150m gone.

You can’t have plans to press and bring in Maguire and Bissaka. Na ment?
Also when the players have played under different managers yet couldn't be bothered about putting in the work while being being shite, it's says a lot about them too.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ennyjay69:
football really has a short term memory,do you know how many goals Rashford has scored for you guys at that age?
The contract might be too high but claiming he did nothing or he is mediocre is really absurd,you guys disrespect Rashford like this cos of one bad season,imagine if you were the ones with werner,ziyech and pulisic
Imagine if you're the one with Wan-Bissaka and Maguire?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ennyjay69:
You mentioned his age, but there's a reason players at that age are usually not on those kinds of contracts except they're on that Mbappe level.

At that point Rashford was given that contract, he hadn't done anything spectacular. Just been a good young player that could develop to be a huge star. There's a reason you don't give players at that stage those kinds of huge contracts.

All those decisions are affecting the club today. Rashford has been shit this season and his contract is up for renewal now. We'll have to renew the bumper contract of an underperforming player. Other option is to sell him for a low price. Cuz no club will come in to pay 70m for him, then pay 250k in wages.

If Martial was on 120k-150k, we'd have sold him since. But with his present salary, we couldn't even get a loan fee.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ellexy:
Leave am make he dey drop shalaye.

Rashford has had only 2 above average seasons in 7 seasons at United but instead of criticizing his poor performances and decisions on the pitch, we should remember all those goals he scored in 2019. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
Give the young talented players, the normal baseline salary. When they get to that level they're getting real links(not speculations) with top clubs and they're playing at a high level consistently, then you can offer those huge contracts to tie them down.

Dele Alli would be stuck at this club,earning 350k weekly if he was a United played.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ellexy:
Also when players have played under different managers yet couldn't be bothered about putting in the work while being being shite, it's says a lot about them too.
I just thought about something. If Pogba decides today, he wants to stay at United. He'll be signing that new 5 years contract tonight? Even without the approval of the incoming manager?
Nothing is going to ever change at this club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
At this juncture, na to shut down the entire entity known as ManUtd undecided..E go take better miracle to get this club up again..

Nobody is just blameless..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2022
Lana1:
Leave am make he dey drop shalaye.

Rashford has had only 2 above average seasons in 7 seasons at United but instead of criticizing his poor performances and decisions on the pitch, we should remember all those goals he scored in 2019. grin grin
Woodward's time was really a mess, maybe if them Salah and KDB dey this team who knows how much they'll be collecting weekly?

Over there at Old Trafford just shake small yansh and Woodward will triple your salary. Hopefully, Murtough will correct these anomalies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ennyjay69(m): 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ellexy:
we would have coped with another method,we are currently coping with attackers that can't even score 10 league goals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11684) (11685) (11686) (11687) (11688) (11689) (11690) ... (14322) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Stivoh(m), tshabalala, Odunharry(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.