Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,808 members, 7,905,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8997987 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12161) (12162) (12163) (12164) (12165) (12166) (12167) ... (14274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2022
eph12:

Because it's much easier to. That's the easy way out. But we really should be calling out those who can make the tough decisions.

I see. Let’s assume that transfer decisions are tough, are they made by the board?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

How much has City made since 2013 and how much has United made in the same period?

What percentage of City’s turnover is spent on players in that same period in comparison to Man Utd?

Loool, so your definition of spending is how much spent on transfers as a percentage of revenues? cheesy

Oya, add Chelsea, tell me what percentage of their turnover is spent on transfers?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
nitrogen:

Loool, so your definition of spending is how much spent on transfers as a percentage of revenues? cheesy

Oya, add Chelsea, tell me what percentage of their turnover is spent on transfers?

They have all outspent Man Utd in comparison to their turnovers.

All those time Ferguson was covering up for the Glazers that there was no value in the market, City was spending good money on Yaya Toure, Aguero, Kompany, Balotelli, etc.

By the time Ferguson sauntered into his retirement, Man City were ripe to start reaping their benefits. It’s not a surprise they have now won more PL titles than Chelsea and Arsenal in such a short period of time.

That is ambition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

How much has City made since 2013 and how much has United made in the same period?

What percentage of City’s turnover is spent on players in that same period in comparison to Man Utd?

Because we are a big club
Because we won’t be bothered by FFP
Because we want to win
Because we have to win
Because we are the richest club in Europe

Should I go on?

Average revenue in the last 10 years was 550m for City and 600m for Utd, and both clubs have spent over a billion in the same period. So tell me why we should spend 500m per transfer window?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
nitrogen:

Average revenue in the last 10 years was 550m for City and 600m for Utd, and both clubs have spent over a billion in the same period. So tell me why we should spend 500m per transfer window?

Average revenue in the last 10 years was £550m for City? How?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
This was the PL clubs’ revenue in 2014/15.

United were by far raking in the most money and signing the most useless players among the top clubs in the PL.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
postdigger:

cheesy
Omo, this life sha.
I remember how na us dey receive this same exact joke last year grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

So it’s the fans that will sell players, not the board?

Whenever you people are cornered with your daft logic, you quickly jump into another issue.

After 2 seasons, Pep had signed 22 players at Man City. That is a board and a club that has ambition to ensure Pep succeeds. They got him the players that fit into his philosophy.

Pep inherited Joe Hart(England’s #1), he said he didn’t want him and signed Claudio Bravo. Bravo didn’t work after few months and Pep signed Ederson in the next summer window. That’s ambition and it can only come from the board.
It’s you who’s not getting the logic, I’ll break it down for you.
Your transfer model is totally different from City’s. The latter has a more efficient model.

They don’t buy overpriced players and don’t dish out bumper pay any how+ they don’t run their players dry before selling, Hence the players are easier to offload, look at the sales of Sterling to Chelsea and Jesus to Arsenal for example. They get some money from these sales and only need to add small change to get better quality and sometimes pay these guys lower wages than the outgoing players. That’s good business if you ask me.

You guys on the other hand pay way above market rate for average players or players that have passed their prime and you expect such players to leave, coupled with the bogus wage, you expect a club to inherit such. Imagine Pogba had to leave for free, a record signing for that matter, that’s a huge loss.

Players most times won’t want to leave for less. There lies your issue and reason for low turn over as you pointed.

I still remember how Bastian Schweinsteiger and Rooney had to be forced out.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2022
kokaneprodigy:

It’s you who’s not getting the logic, I’ll break it down for you.
Your transfer model is totally different from City’s. The latter has a more efficient model.

They don’t buy overpriced players and don’t dish out bumper pay any how+ they don’t run their players dry before selling, Hence the players are easier to offload, look at the sales of Sterling to Chelsea and Jesus to Arsenal for example. They get some money from these sales and only need to add small change to get better quality and sometimes pay these guys lower wages than the outgoing players. That’s good business if you ask me.

You guys on the other hand pay way above market rate for average players or players that have passed their prime and you expect such players to leave, coupled with the bogus wage, you expect a club to inherit such. Imagine Pogba had to leave for free, a record signing for that matter, that’s a huge loss.

Players most times won’t want to leave for less. There lies your issue and reason for low turn over as you pointed.

I still remember how Bastian Schweinsteiger and Rooney had to be forced out.

So you have gone back full circle to put the blame on the board. The same thing I did when you jumped out of nowhere to attack my comment.

You people are just hilarious. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

Just get Casemiro.

Rabiot is worse than McTominay.
Just get Casemiro? Is this a joke or what grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
postdigger:

cheesy
Our academy boys don score so that goes your theory... cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ellexy:
Just get Casemiro? Is this a joke or what grin

Dybala and Wijndalum forfeited champions league status to join Europa bound Mourinho’s Roma.

Don’t let the Glazers pocket the De Jong money or use it to buy Sean Longstaff.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

So you have gone back full circle to put the blame on the board. The same thing I did when you jumped out of nowhere to attack my comment.

You people are just hilarious. cheesy grin
The argument was the club is not spending?

It wasn’t about its spending strategy, that is argument for another day.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2022
kokaneprodigy:

The argument was the club is not spending?

It wasn’t about its spending strategy, that is argument for day.

The club isn’t spending.

For the club to spend, they have to replace the old bags and they aren’t doing that. If they were replacing at a quicker rate like the other clubs do, they would be forced to spend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

The club isn’t spending.

For the club to spend, they have to replace the old bags and they aren’t doing that. If they were replacing at a quicker rate like the other clubs do, they would be forced to spend.
Bro I just told you why it’s difficult to replace those guys na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
nitrogen:

I want to know why you find it easy to blame Maguire, Ronaldo and ETH for our problems.
Don't get what you're saying. You're quoting the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2022
kokaneprodigy:

Bro I just told you why it’s difficult to replace those guys na.

And whose fault is that? The fans?

If the board is incompetent and cannot get rid of the players that don’t suit the current manager’s philosophy, how is that the fault of the fans?

If the board is also idiotíc that they are giving mediocre players a fat contract, how is that the fault of the fans? I don’t understand the basis of your argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
We still never sign player. And we have Liverpool next. It is well with those that will watch the match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
nitrogen:

How much has City spent since 2013? How much has Utd spent in the same period?
City has spent silly money every year on a single manager till their aim was achieved. We tell our manager to fvck off and manage what he has after a year or two.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
nitrogen:

Lol, son of man is tired. They want us to spend 2billion on transfers.

I know you love the Glazers to a fault but this is to let you know the Glazers experiment has cost Man Utd £1.6 billion.

Without them, that amount would have gone into squad investment and fixing the deplorable state of the stadium.

And back to the topic that United have been competitive or matching their immediate rivals in the transfer market, this is the true picture of the last 5 years(which is more relevant than the last 10 years).

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

They have all outspent Man Utd in comparison to their turnovers.

All those time Ferguson was covering up for the Glazers that there was no value in the market, City was spending good money on Yaya Toure, Aguero, Kompany, Balotelli, etc.

By the time Ferguson sauntered into his retirement, Man City were ripe to start reaping their benefits. It’s not a surprise they have now won more PL titles than Chelsea and Arsenal in such a short period of time.

That is ambition.
We literally brought scholes back from retirement cuz we didn't invest in the team. Few injuries and our team looked like something else. Ferguson was shuffling around and covering for the parasites.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
Oasis007:
cool
They're slaughtering him though. This one probably wants him physically attacked or something cuz I don't understand. Na only Sancho dey escape presently.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
This thing is simple. Appoint a competent DOF with a certain strategy and philosophy. Let him have the major say on the football structures, appointments , including the manager and scouts and everything.

The most important thing is make money available to him every year.

But they won't do this, guess why?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
ChristoBam:

We literally brought scholes back from retirement cuz we didn't invest in the team. Few injuries and our team looked like something else. Ferguson was shuffling around and covering for the parasites.

Kroos, Modric, David Silva, Yaya Toure, etc and so many other talents were available in the summer of 2011. Alex Ferguson told us there was no value in the market and brought back a 38 year-old Scholes in January 2012. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
It's because of good structures, Madrid brought in Tchoameni and Camavinga as ready replacement for the ageing guys. Meanwhile these old guys are still performing at the highest level.

This is how we should be operating. We're looking for strikers seriously now when we discovered Ronaldo will probably leave. Something fans have been saying since we lost out on the UCL. That Ronaldo will definitely leave. Meanwhile City signed Haaland and Alavarez at once.

Incompetent people are always reactive. No planning because they're not even sure what to go for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hatakekakashi: 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
Illimitable:

So when Varane joined, United were on their way into winning a Treble in Europe?

Footballers are mercenaries and Madrid have already replaced Casemiro with 2 French monsters(Camavinga and Tchouameni).

If the price is right, Casemiro can be persuaded to come and get a starting position. It would benefit both parties.

[b]United have already withdrawn their De Jong bid[/b]It’s very important they invest in a player of similar quality and Casemiro fits that role. Rabiot is a French McTominay. He will not improve the midfield.
I pray it works out. Trade deal with players like VDB, Rashford might make them consider.

I'm very happy about this bolded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2022
hatakekakashi:

I pray it works out. Trade deal with players like VDB, Rashford might make them consider.

I'm very happy about this bolded.
Stop living in fairytale land na. Are you drunk or what

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2022
Oasis007:
cool
Bruno Pernandes the fraud. Gospel I have been preaching for two years now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hatakekakashi: 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2022
Trevor012:

Stop living in fairytale land na. Are you drunk or what
Hope
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
hatakekakashi:
Hope
You better stop deceiving yourself. Casemiro ko Camel ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (12161) (12162) (12163) (12164) (12165) (12166) (12167) ... (14274) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: melodyogonna(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.