Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,578 members, 7,905,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8996014 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12260) (12261) (12262) (12263) (12264) (12265) (12266) ... (14274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlaqFaze: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Karleb:

I will personally take Haaland over Mbappe. That's what I said.
You'd rather not have Haaland at all than have him for just 2 years.
You dey amaze me. cheesy
lol cheesy this your people ehn cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
patrickmuf:

Will Haaland ask Madrid to insert a buyout clause or will Madrid accept to include one justso they can sign him, I think not...The buyout clause makes it easier for him to leave but it still depends on what the price is and City's ability to compete for top trophies.

The only time we stood a chanceto sign Haaland was when he left for Dortmund as at now, the only way Haaland would have signed for Man Utd is if we decided to make him the highest earning footballer in the world because that's the only thing he can look back on and smile after we struggle each match day. When we start winning and competing for big trophies, we won't have to overpay players...

What if I tell you Vinicius, Asensio and Courtois have release clauses? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YeahYeah001: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
Illimitable:

Every Laliga player has a release clause. Some ones even have one going to a billion.
Haaland and Riola wouldn't have accepted a high release clause because the plan is to move after a while.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by perfecta1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
Oasis007:

He's backup bro.

Lol

I legit didn't see the bad between the not and backup

Site men can drain you.

Enjoy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by perfecta1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
patrickmuf:
I still don't get why illimi.table and Christob.am are arguing when they're both right. Antony is overpriced and is a Brazilian who is most likely going to have his head turned should Barca or Madrid come calling in the near future so, there's no guarantees there but the good thing is that we didn't include a buyout clause (at least no one has reported of any buyout clause) in the deal unlike what Haaland has in his deal. I think City were desperate to land Haaland so ahead of other top teams so they accepted that a buyout clause be inserted into the deal which can be triggered once met in a couple of seasons.

Will Haaland ask Madrid to insert a buyout clause or will Madrid accept to include one justso they can sign him, I think not...The buyout clause makes it easier for him to leave but it still depends on what the price is and City's ability to compete for top trophies.

The only time we stood a chanceto sign Haaland was when he left for Dortmund as at now, the only way Haaland would have signed for Man Utd is if we decided to make him the highest earning footballer in the world because that's the only thing he can look back on and smile after we struggle each match day. When we start winning and competing for big trophies, we won't have to overpay players...
Exactly, I don’t know what the argument was about… Haaland would never choose a Europa and struggling United over city any day
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
YeahYeah001:

Every Laliga player has a release clause. Some ones even have one going to a billion.
Haaland and Riola wouldn't have accepted a high release clause because the plan is to move after a while.

Don’t let the Glazers cover your eyes with wool over release clause. They messed up not signing Haaland.

The same United signed pensioners like Cavani, Ronaldo, Larsson, etc on short term deals and placed them on high wages.

Any deal palatable to City is palatable to United. If City could find a way around Raiola, United should have found a way too.

City are 5 years ahead of us in squad development and this stupid board allowed them to sign Haaland - which will now make United’s title push longer than it should have been.

I would have Haaland for a month over what United currently have.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
perfecta1:

Exactly, I don’t know what the argument was about… Haaland would never choose a Europa and struggling United over city any day

When money talks, bullshit will keep shut.

Offer Haaland that salary and he will play Conference league.

Anthony was crying to leave a UCL team and current champion of Dutch league to come play at united where he might not win anything for the next 3 years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Karleb:

When money talks, bullshit will keep shut.

Offer Haaland that salary and he will play Conference league.

Anthony was crying to leave a UCL team and current champion of Dutch league to come play at united where he might not win anything for the next 3 years.

Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan forfeited CL football for Europa.

When United put Ole on a private jet to speak to Haaland, United were in the CL. That was in January 2020 before Erling moved to Dortmund.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
No excuse this time. Enough of excuse Glazers have tried haba.
Chelsea won ucl with Mount and co, What’s your excuse.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
zeusis:

y'all say this to stop people from giving their honest opinion about signings.
we are all lovers of the game and we all have to right to air our thoughts as regards the game.
All arguments here r for entertainment purposes.Or maybe test yr understanding in terms of analysing football.Nobody give a fu..ck about it at old Trafford so everybody Shud stop unec essay hate n tension.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
ETH n Glazers Shud put icing on d cake by bringing in Oshimien n CM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by monerozi5590: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
hensben:
No excuse this time. Enough of excuse Glazers have tried haba.
Chelsea won ucl with Mount and co, What’s your excuse.

Mehn, you just have to feel for the Glazers. They have tried.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YeahYeah001: 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
Illimitable:

Don’t let the Glazers cover your eyes with wool over release clause. They messed up not signing Haaland.

The same United signed pensioners like Cavani, Ronaldo, Larsson, etc on short term deals and placed them on high wages.

Any deal palatable to City is palatable to United. If City could find a way around Raiola, United should have found a way too.

City are 5 years ahead of us in squad development and this stupid board allowed them to sign Haaland - which will now make United’s title push longer than it should have been.

I would have Haaland for a month over what United currently have.
I hate the Glaziers. But they'll always try everything if they see they have a chance to sign a big name.

I believe so many other clubs would have been interested but would be put off by the release clause. It'd have been so painful to sign him and have him walk just like that to I believe, Chelsea. Without a release clause, even if he says he wants to leave, we can decide to only sell him to Spain. Dortmund didn't care about that because they don't care about selling him to Bayern. Even though there was a risk Bayern would activate the clause.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SideshowBob: 5:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
YeahYeah001:

I hate the Glaziers. But they'll always try everything if they see they have a chance to sign a big name.

I believe so many other clubs would have been interested but would be put off by the release clause. It'd have been so painful to sign him and have him walk just like that to I believe, Chelsea. Without a release clause, even if he says he wants to leave, we can decide to only sell him to Spain. Dortmund didn't care about that because they don't care about selling him to Bayern. Even though there was a risk Bayern would activate the clause.
You see the point. It's easy to say we can have him for just six months or a year then when he performs in spite of the dysfunctional team surrounding him or his recent injury problems. He'll be gone to any club even in England. Manchester United struggling doesn't mean we'll have to descend to a development club level to groom and watch players we're attached to go for a fee we have no power to stop. Raiola won't have agreed despite everything the Glazers threw at him not to put an affordable release clause for haaland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SideshowBob: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
Illimitable:

Goalscoring got Ronaldo 5 ballon d’Or gongs.

I am wondering what else must a striker do apart from goalscoring. Haaland isn’t a midfielder or a winger. He’s a box player and he’s the best young striker in the world.

Any serious club would have signed him regardless of his release clause. It would have made a statement and i can bet all these anti-Glazer protests would have cooled down a bit.

£51m? Maguire cost £30m more and he’s useless.
I was comparing him with mbappe regarding to kaleb post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
YeahYeah001:

Can we bet right now that if Haaland leaves City, he will never join any other PL club?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Illimitable:

That's why I made reference to the amount in question...

If any of you had dropped the amount it could have made for a good argument. If the release clause is £300m or thereabout then it is worth it however if it is less than £100m it just doesn't make sense...I for one believe that £51m is too good to be true especially when you consider that Dortmund could have gotten more last season and it's not like they won titles or challenge for titles after keeping him...I think Ajax looked at the figures and decided to do business because they might not get so much in the future...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Illimitable:

Can we bet right now that if Haaland leaves City, he will never join any other PL club?

But no top team can bully City thanks to their finances which we too have and also their competitiveness on the pitch which we cannot offer...

I don't think I can remember Madrid or Barca bullying City or PSG...City will keep Haaland unless he refuses to sign a new deal and decides to leave...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
I for one I'm looking forward to the tell all interview Ronaldo promised this week. Just wondering what he'll say, how he never wanted to leave cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Expert17:

I will take Haaland for just 6 months than have Martial for 20 years.

Man Utd fans thinking about the future when we don't have a present.

Leave Martial out of the gbas gbos...The guy dey talk Mbappe vs Haaland you carry my boy put inside...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
patrickmuf:
But no top team can bully City thanks to their finances which we too have and also their competitiveness on the pitch which we cannot offer...

I don't think I can remember Madrid or Barca bullying City or PSG...City will keep Haaland unless he refuses to sign a new deal and decides to leave...

Haaland would love at some point but I am saying I can bet it wouldn’t be directly into a PL team.

It would be PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Madrid/Barca.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
afrodoc2:

Agbalagbi!

Abeg ọ grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
Odunharry:

The plastic na kpako ball. Health na double leather and e get different sizes.

Size 4 is GOAT cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
Illimitable:

Haaland would love at some point but I am saying I can bet it wouldn’t be directly into a PL team.

It would be PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Madrid/Barca.
Man City won't sell to PSG...Juve and Bayern can only get Haaland when he is slowing down that leaves Barca and Madrid...

Haaland will likely stay at City for a long time...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ellexy:
I for one I'm looking forward to the tell all interview Ronaldo promised this week. Just wondering what he'll say, how he never wanted to leave cheesy

He promised a se.x tape. Everybody dey wait wetin bàbà won cook.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
adebayo201:

He promised a se.x tape. Everybody dey wait wetin bàbà won cook.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AYNL: 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Lol...you get mind dey mention Haaland name and Brazilian Moses Simon for one sentence cheesy cheesy

The only person that can compare Haaland in the world rn is Mbappe.

no doubt haaland is bigger as of today

but you're obviously talking about talent here

Antony is more technical and talented

unless you haven't seen him play before

it's like saying Ibrahimovic or lewandowski is more talented than neymar

you see?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlaqFaze: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
AYNL:

no doubt haaland is bigger as of today
but you're obviously talking about talent here
Antony is more technical and talented
unless you haven't seen him play before
it's like saying Ibrahimovic or lewandowski is more talented than neymar
you see?
So you nor shame as you talk this thing?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AYNL: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
BlaqFaze:
So you nor shame as you talk this thing?

why should I be ashamed?

coz you think that's false?

coz of his price tag?

if you have never seen Antony play before

REST!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlaqFaze: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
AYNL:

why should I be ashamed?

coz you think that's false?

coz of his price tag?

if you have never seen Antony play before

REST!
You dey amaze me grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AYNL: 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
BlaqFaze:
You dey amaze me grin
if you can't tell me why i should be ashamed
no quote me again o I take god beg you

(1) (2) (3) ... (12260) (12261) (12262) (12263) (12264) (12265) (12266) ... (14274) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.