Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8901422 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12317) (12318) (12319) (12320) (12321) (12322) (12323) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2022
Trevor012:

How can you be competing with people that have average 88 points over the last 4 seasons? cheesy cheesy

Competing with Man Utd for the league used to be a pipe dream but here we are.

Besides, winning the league does not take you out of top 4.

Put City and Liverpool on a winning streak and kiss top 4 goodbye but put them in bad form and we might be dreaming of winning the league.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2022
Karleb:

Between City and Tottenham, Tottenham is the lesser evil.
You are telling me City pose a threat to our top 4 ambitions than Tottenham?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2022
Karleb:

Competing with Man Utd for the league used to be a pipe dream but here we are.

Besides, winning the league does not take you out of top 4.

Put City and Liverpool on a winning streak and kiss top 4 goodbye but put them in bad form and we might be dreaming of winning the league.
Baba stop living in fools paradise. Man city are already guaranteed to finish top 4 going by their average point accumulated over the last 5 seasons. Teams we can realistically finish above to get top 4 are Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. I need all of those 3 teams to keep dropping points.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlackAIIDay: 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2022
Searchingvictor:

But, all the 3 except Dalot be thug now ohh.

You joking oo
There was one block Anthony made yesterday and it deflected off an Arsenal defender for our throw in, you need to see the way dalot gingered and slapped Anthony on his back.

Anthony looked at him a was kinda confused grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
So Pogba will undergo surgery and is very likely to miss the World Cup. The baba wey run that jazz for am don scam him.

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
Trevor012:

Baba stop living in fools paradise. Man city are already guaranteed to finish top 4 going by their average point accumulated over the last 5 seasons. Teams we can realistically finish above to get top 4 are Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. I need all of those 3 teams to keep dropping points.

The weaker ones should get the points because they are easier to chase.

Last time we were second, Liverpool were struggling.

Last year, Liverpool and City were clear atop the table which made it harder.

With what you are suggesting, Utd will end up competing with Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and maybe Brighton for that top 4 place by season's end.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2022
BlackAIIDay:

You joking oo
There was one block Anthony made yesterday and it deflected off an Arsenal defender for our throw in, you need to see the way dalot gingered and slapped Anthony on his back.

Anthony looked at him a was kinda confused grin

Anthony thought it was the opponent that hit him

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Wanbissaka: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2022
Searchingvictor:

Anthony thought it was the opponent that hit him
i also saw that. The kind blow Antony done prepare for the bastard thinking it was an arsenal player

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
Ellexy:
So Pogba will undergo surgery and is very likely to miss the World Cup. The baba wey run that jazz for am don scam him.
He didn't want to do the surgery before. But I guess the writing's on the wall. It was looking like he'd miss out with all the controversies surrounding him.

France's chances takes a huge hit. Kante and Griezman are past it. Pogba out now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
Searchingvictor:

But, all the 3 except Dalot be thug now ohh.
Dalot no be thug? You've been missing our last matches? The Dalot I've seen the last 4 matches will deck anyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2022
Everyone's looking like they could falter this season including City. I know it's a lot to ask, but just imagine a world we did even a bit better than 2 years ago. We could be involved in a title challenge grin

Watched some of City games and for some reason, they lack the control they had in the past. And forget about Liverpool, have you seen Salah and Arnold recently? With all the injuries again? They're not doing shiit.

So in a situation that City falters, we should definitely be in the running. Abi make we chicken out and leave it to Spurs and Chelsea?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 11:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
Trevor012:

Kozmicity apologize to Neuer and Ederson immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmEqxELyDIY

Why would I apologise for an insult not given?? You read my posts at all grin

If anything, I even insulted Ramsdale. Lets let it rest until the next game abeg... I'm stressed out biko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:40pm On Sep 05, 2022
ChristineC:
that makes the angle on the right side much more wider for the striker and it's not close enough to the GK so that tactic is 99% a free goal.
don't forget the person trying to score is a pro footballer and already has a good view of the angles available.
maybe Expert, the retired goalie, can share better insight.

Expert already agreed with me. You have a duty to protect both near and far post.

You can’t cover near post with your body and then dive near post as well. How do you protect far post?

And you can’t go and position your body to cover far post and dive near post. That would be foolish as your dive won’t make it there on time.

With the way Antony had positioned his foot he was most likely to go far post so the logical thing was for the goalie to stand near post and use his body positioning and legs to shield the near but be prepared to use his hands and dive to cover far post.

Ramsdale did the first part (covering near post with his body positioning ) right. Then he dived near post again leaving the centre and far post to Holy Michael and the hosts of heaven (awon ogun orun).

grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:18am On Sep 06, 2022
ChristineC:
that makes the angle on the right side much more wider for the striker and it's not close enough to the GK so that tactic is 99% a free goal.
don't forget the person trying to score is a pro footballer and already has a good view of the angles available.
maybe Expert, the retired goalie, can share better insight.

The near post was already covered and with Antony's body shape any ball to that side would be an easy save.

A left footed RW will target far post 8/10 in that situation.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 2:00am On Sep 06, 2022
ChristoBam:
Everyone's looking like they could falter this season including City. I know it's a lot to ask, but just imagine a world we did even a bit better than 2 years ago. We could be involved in a title challenge grin

Watched some of City games and for some reason, they lack the control they had in the past. And forget about Liverpool, have you seen Salah and Arnold recently? With all the injuries again? They're not doing shiit.

So in a situation that City falters, we should definitely be in the running. Abi make we chicken out and leave it to Spurs and Chelsea?

City are lucky to have Haalad so far.

The squad is seriously missing Sterling and Jesus.

Liverpool bad form is making the whole thing very interesting.

But then, it's too early to say. Let's see how it would be in 20 games. As long as our team don't become complacent, top 4 is guaranteed at least.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nelxxy(m): 3:37am On Sep 06, 2022
The passing accuracy for Arsenal and Manchester United was 83% and 78% respectively and only because Arsenal were just passing it around without much incision for a decent part of that. That's why they had half the shots on target, compared to United. Arsenal looked better because United wanted the high line so they could exploit it. We've all seen this team struggle to break compact teams down so they obviously weren't going to go Man City all of a sudden since they can't.

At 1:1, the momentum was with Arsenal but United didn't go from possession to counter attack from there. Thus, hitting on the break was always the idea and they executed it perfectly. Two passes cut entire assnal team apart and their fans is talking about domination grin grin.

Arsenal passed it around more. United defended better. United attacked better. The Arsenal goal was due to a mistake by United. Even the goal ruled out was against the run of play and Arsenal barely had the ball then. martinelli header is the only threating save de gea made shocked

So how were they better?
if domination is all about possession then van gal could've still be man utd coach because utd always have the ball.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:44am On Sep 06, 2022
We need to pick maximum points from the smaller teams this season to be guaranteed top 4. I'm looking forward to our next match. We need the 3 points and as many goals as possible

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2022
paafin:
[/b]� JUST IN:

#MUFC ��� squad: De Gea, Heaton, Dubravka, Dalot, Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Martinez, Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Malacia, Shaw, Casemiro, McTominay, Fred, Eriksen, Van de Beek, Fernandes, Pellistri, Antony, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Ronaldo, Garnacho. ✅�

� @Manchester_united_only[b]
No
Anthony Elanga
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:49am On Sep 06, 2022
nelxxy:
The passing accuracy for Arsenal and Manchester United was 83% and 78% respectively and only because Arsenal were just passing it around without much incision for a decent part of that. That's why they had half the shots on target, compared to United. Arsenal looked better because United wanted the high line so they could exploit it. We've all seen this team struggle to break compact teams down so they obviously weren't going to go Man City all of a sudden since they can't.

At 1:1, the momentum was with Arsenal but United didn't go from possession to counter attack from there. Thus, hitting on the break was always the idea and they executed it perfectly. Two passes cut entire assnal team apart and their fans is talking about domination grin grin.

Arsenal passed it around more. United defended better. United attacked better. The Arsenal goal was due to a mistake by United. Even the goal ruled out was against the run of play and Arsenal barely had the ball then. martinelli header is the only threating save de gea made shocked

So how were they better?
if domination is all about possession then van gal could've still be man utd coach because utd always have the ball.
I wouldn't say you guys tactics didn't work o, but please don't compare the passes and pressure we made to that of Van gaal. Arsenal created chances, we missed chances and in most situation our attackers were attempting and guilty of wanting to walk the ball into the net instead of taking a shot any time chances was created. Someone who didn't watch the match and read your analysis will think we were just doing aimless passing and possession in the midfield and defence not knowing that it was a combination of your defenders/defence having a great game and our attackers misfiring with their decision.

You'd be lying to yourself if you think that even at one goal up, you weren't at the edge of your seat.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:05am On Sep 06, 2022
Lana1:
This goal still dey funny to me. cheesy cheesy

Ramsdale na better mumu. How do you dive right when a left footer already positioned himself to go left.

It’s one of the reasons we needed a left footed right winger.

That finish will be more difficult for Rashford or Sancho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlackAIIDay: 8:28am On Sep 06, 2022
Omo, let me not lie. All Manchester United fans are missing Mason Greenwood in this team. cry

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by delkuf(m): 8:47am On Sep 06, 2022
The greatest undoing of man city will be haaland. With haaland, it means pep will change the style of play. They will have to hurriedly put the ball on the box which is a good thing. But if haaland get injured, with Jesus and sterling sold, they will really struggled up front. And the defense of city is shitty. They concede goal too much. Though it is still early. Man city will struggle if they will retain the premiership. They shouldn't have let both Jesus and sterling leave like that. Pep is too desperate to win champion league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:02am On Sep 06, 2022
delkuf:
The greatest undoing of man city will be haaland. With haaland, it means pep will change the style of play. They will have to hurriedly put the ball on the box which is a good thing. But if haaland get injured, with Jesus and sterling sold, they will really struggled up front. And the defense of city is shitty. They concede goal too much. Though it is still early. Man city will struggle if they will retain the premiership. They shouldn't have let both Jesus and sterling leave like that. Pep is too desperate to win champion league
I guess you've forgotten Alvarez is their backup striker and he's as deadly too.

Moreover, you can't even use lack of striker to point to Pep struggle. This is a coach that won the league without any recognised striker last season with both Sterling and Jesus either coming from the bench or seeing cameo roles

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2022
Jodera:
I guess you've forgotten Alvarez is their backup striker and he's as deadly too.

Moreover, you can't even use lack of striker to point to Pep struggle. This is a coach that won the league without any recognised striker last season with both Sterling and Jesus either coming from the bench or seeing cameo roles

Everybody just wants to analyze grin

We all know that Pep/Man City will win the league.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2022
Jodera:

Grealish (who was non-existent last season), Alvarez, and Haaland are more then enough to replace Jesus and Sterling.

They also have youth players that anywhere else their fans would by hyping to the heavens. Lavia for instance walked straight from Man City youth team to being a multimillion dollar starter at Southampton. And though he was a boss he wasn’t definitely the best in his group.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2022
delkuf:
The same team that have been playing together and winning the league for the majority of the last 4-5 years? Okay na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2022
Ellexy:

cheesy Juve don carry. God bless them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by delkuf(m): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2022
Jodera:

Remove the 10 goals haaland has scored this season and tell me where man city will be in the league standings presently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2022
eph12:
We need to pick maximum points from the smaller teams this season to be guaranteed top 4. I'm looking forward to our next match. We need the 3 points and as many goals as possible

We should be able to breakthrough low block teams with the creative wingers have now.

And with our pacy defenders, they should also be able to foil any counter attack.

It seems it was Dalot that chased Gabriel for that their canceled goal. He should work on his speed sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:35am On Sep 06, 2022
Expert17:

Everybody just wants to analyze grin

We all know that Pep/Man City will win the league.
I mean, it's obvious.

For every time the league gets stronger is another league trophy for Pep. Some people are thinking without Halaand 10goals in 6 games, Man city will become nothing forgetting that Pep is a master and doesn't depend on any individuality to win the league

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2022
afrodoc2:

Grealish (who was non-existent last season), Alvarez, and Haaland are more then enough to replace Jesus and Sterling.

They also have youth players that anywhere else their fans would by hyping to the heavens. Lavia for instance walked straight from Man City youth team to being a multimillion dollar starter at Southampton. And though he was a boss he wasn’t definitely the best in his group.
I mean, Gabriel Jesus wey use him hand run comot cos my guy dey hardly see shirt naim person say Man city go miss? Person wey score 7 league goals last season but 4 in one match oo. Sterling nko? I think it was only Dec time the guy had a run of games, after that e don finish

We've not even talked about that Palmer guy that Pep haven't really unleashed. I pity people wey just dey blinded by only Halaand output.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2022
delkuf:
Remove the 10 goals haaland has scored this season and tell me where man city will be in the league standings presently.
grin grin grin grin

This is a very simplistic and narrow analysis Tbh grin

So you mean Halaand is carrying Man city and guardiola? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12317) (12318) (12319) (12320) (12321) (12322) (12323) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.