Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,029 members, 7,980,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 07:48 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9247150 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12445) (12446) (12447) (12448) (12449) (12450) (12451) ... (14421) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:46am On Oct 19, 2022
ChristineC:
I'm still not sure why people always say counter attacks like it's now a taboo.
Real Madrid have won a lot of trophies in recent years scoring from counters, basically being a counter attacking force.
we conceded 3 solid goals against City via counters.
Liverpool won their last game scoring straight out of route one football. who cares?
I don't understand United fans especially. it's filled with swinging pendulums.
Ten Hag is not a counter attack Manager, maybe this is why United fans are demanding possession football. Unless he decides to change it now and make it effective, since he doesn't have all the players needed to play his possession style footy..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Observe.

What do y'all think we'd need to do better in order to sustain pressure in the final third?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Bruno this , Ronaldo that if man utd don’t let go some players kna same results we go dey get. Players like maguire, Fred, rashford, c.Ron , shaw , Scottish tree among them nothing go change. The problem with man utd b say dem dey find ham hard to comot eye for player body if not wetin jones still dey do for man utd. Ino blame ten hag one bit this season so far. See last opportunity rashford see many ones against omonia to. That rashford kna headless chicken e go just play ball with shot without placing it same with his headers no b today e dey do ham no sign of improvement.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 6:57am On Oct 19, 2022
We’re lucky maximin n isak was out of the castle game we could have lost. Shey kna tenhag go comot him sit cm convert all chances wey those wey dey front dey lose.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 7:02am On Oct 19, 2022
Na ten hag i dey fear for cos british media dey wait make dem chop off him head if eno dey careful na ole feat e go achieve this season cos as things dey go like this we fit no make top 4 make e get players wey fit play him style comot eyes for this otu players wey no believe in dem self. E need a goal poacher no b grandpa wey e dey use n headless rashford or else we go draw tonight again

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 7:04am On Oct 19, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Exactly what I'm saying. Nobody is saying Bruno is not good but they don't want to accept fact. Even right now Bruno is our best midfielder since we no get replacement wey fit challenge aam. Dvd na short one. Bruno should try to be moving ball and making dribbles. It will really help the team. On this thread they will just jump the conclusion that person dey talk say Bruno no good. Anyone that watch modric and debruyne and dosent see what Bruno is lacking dosent know anything about football.

Bruno is not a dribbler and unfortunately, he does not have the speed to drive with the ball and he does not know how to glue the ball to his legs(this was what we expected from Pogba but inconsistency was his problem). He's best at, get the ball and pass. Any attempt to hold on to the ball, he might be dispossessed.
If we can get an Iniesta-like CM or AM that can beat opponent players, drive the ball. And our wingers can take on players. We'll be able to break teams.

But it seems our wingers are scared of injury, everybody wan go world cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2022
melodyogonna:

Have you ever seen Bruno drop deep? and why should Bruno be effectively made useless in the game while Ronaldo was also as terrible as Fred if not more?
He always drops deep.
Fred was worse.
Can't control the ball

Horrible first touch.

No passing range.

Ronaldo scored twice.. It would have given him a boost. Nd he definitely scores that chance Rashford missed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 19, 2022
Searchingvictor:

Bruno is not a dribbler and unfortunately, he does not have the speed to drive with the ball and he does not know how to glue the ball to his legs(this was what we expected from Pogba but inconsistency was his problem). He's best at, get the ball and pass. Any attempt to hold on to the ball, he might be dispossessed.
If we can get an Iniesta-like CM or AM that can beat opponent players, drive the ball. And our wingers can take on players. We'll be able to break teams.

But it seems our wingers are scared of injury, everybody wan go world cup

You have said it all bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:14am On Oct 19, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Ten Hag is not a counter attack Manager, maybe this is why United fans are demanding possession football. Unless he decides to change it now and make it effective, since he doesn't have all the players needed to play his possession style footy..

Counter doesn't work.. We have seen that time nd time this month.
Against city.
Omonia
Everton
Omonia
Newcastle.

If u can't break a team down.. U can't finish top 4.

D only teams that will play a high line against us are d big 5.
The rest will sit deep.. And we would be clueless looking for one goal for 90 minutes..

Our corner na zero.
Square play na zero
Crossing na zero.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 19, 2022
Pogba is back grin grin. I don miss pogba like mad. The entertainer

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2022
kozmicity:

Modric is bossing the midfield because he's an AM/SS right?

Even for man city, na KDB dey control the midfield abi??
Bro leave this people with their agenda, Bruno has been very poor of recently but saying he should boss United midfield from his position up front is just laughable. You signed an AM and you want him to be Modric or Xavi grin grin....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2022
Jodera:
I think the biggest issue have been you guys attackers if I'm being honest with what I see. Sancho doesn't do enough especially in beating his man and making darting runs. Antony aside the goals he's scored hardly makes penetrating dribbles too(and he's too one trick pony imho). If those two can work on those abilities, Man u might be more deadlier cos I've seen that Bruno you guys Midfield have improved (Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno). Those two wingers not deadly enough is what's making man u lacking that ruthlessness
You sabi ball....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2022
Mrviktor:

Counter doesn't work.. We have seen that time nd time this month.
Against city.
Omonia
Everton
Omonia
Newcastle.

If u can't break a team down.. U can't finish top 4.

D only teams that will play a high line against us are d big 5.
The rest will sit deep.. And we would be clueless looking for one goal for 90 minutes..

Our corner na zero.
Square play na zero
Crossing na zero.

Since United don't have the players to play his prefered style, we should make do with counter or any means this season. I hope he get more of his kind of players in next season, two very good CM, two good LW and two proper attacker in needed in the team..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2022
Mrviktor:

He always drops deep.
Fred was worse.
Can't control the ball

Horrible first touch.

No passing range.

Ronaldo scored twice.. It would have given him a boost. Nd he definitely scores that chance Rashford missed
How did Ronaldo score twice, didn't the match finish as a goalless draw?
Ronaldo was terrible chief, I no sabi match wey u dey match. Why didn't he score the chance Rashford missed the whole time he played, didn't he play more minutes?

Bruno does not play as a central midfielder, some of you people here will make very terrible managers.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Exactly what I'm saying. Nobody is saying Bruno is not good but they don't want to accept fact. Even right now Bruno is our best midfielder since we no get replacement wey fit challenge aam. Dvd na short one. Bruno should try to be moving ball and making dribbles. It will really help the team. On this thread they will just jump the conclusion that person dey talk say Bruno no good. Anyone that watch modric and debruyne and dosent see what Bruno is lacking dosent know anything about football.
Bruno is not a dribbler, u can't give what you don't have. Eriksen is actually the person that plays in the position where you dribble, Eriksen and McTom. At least now it's really obvious why ETH really wanted De Jong, we need a player that is dominant on the ball inside the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:51am On Oct 19, 2022
ChristineC:
I'm still not sure why people always say counter attacks like it's now a taboo.
Real Madrid have won a lot of trophies in recent years scoring from counters, basically being a counter attacking force.
we conceded 3 solid goals against City via counters.
Liverpool won their last game scoring straight out of route one football. who cares?
I don't understand United fans especially. it's filled with swinging pendulums.
Like... Counter attack no be football?

That's the problem we have. They can't even define what beautiful football is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
Jodera:
I think the biggest issue have been you guys attackers if I'm being honest with what I see. Sancho doesn't do enough especially in beating his man and making darting runs. Antony aside the goals he's scored hardly makes penetrating dribbles too(and he's too one trick pony imho). If those two can work on those abilities, Man u might be more deadlier cos I've seen that Bruno you guys Midfield have improved (Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno). Those two wingers not deadly enough is what's making man u lacking that ruthlessness
I've always been defending Bruno here for months but I'll say again, he's been very poor for a while and needs to rest. He makes so many bad decisions, some even go unnoticed.

For example you look at this smart run Sancho made here and guess what Bruno did?
He gave it to Ronaldo on the left. Ignoring an unmarked Sancho in free space up front.

Look at Antony at the right also...

Do you know how many times we get to this phase of play and always end up doing the wrong thing?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

I've always been defending Bruno here for months but I'll say again, he's been very poor for a while and needs to rest. He makes so many bad decisions, some even go unnoticed.

For example you look at this smart run Sancho made here and guess what Bruno did?
He gave it to Ronaldo on the left. Ignoring an unmarked Sancho in free space up front.

Look at Antony at the right also...

Do you know how many times we get to this phase of play and always end up doing the wrong thing?
watch that in real time, and you will see that pass was never on.. stop carrying screenshots of moments to define games.. if he plays the pass to sancho or Antony an it's intercepted.. haters will come here and cry Holywood pass instead of the simple ball to ronaldo.. if he passed that ball to sancho(if it even gets to him)..Pope was already off his line, and would have intercepted that ball.. watch the video.. saw it on twitter also.. where half of United fans have an agenda against some players..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
ovoP:
watch that in real time, and you will see that pass was never on.. stop carrying screenshots of moments to define games.. if he plays the pass to sancho or Antony an it's intercepted.. haters will come here and cry Holywood pass instead of the simple ball to ronaldo.. if he passed that ball to sancho(if it even gets to him)..Pope was already off his line, and would have intercepted that ball.. watch the video.. saw it on twitter also.. where half of United fans have an agenda against some players..
This pass wasn't on lol? If that pass was never on for Bruno then we've got a huge problem.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2022
Expert17:
BenArfa bossing midfield? Is there another Ben Arfa? grin

Man Utd fans won't kill me.

The same Coutinho that flopped in big clubs - Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Already at a mid-level club at 29. so we should sell Bruno and sign Coutinho?

Ozil bossed which midfield? or was creating chances and assisting? Again the job of an AM/SS is not midfield control. Hold your CMs responsible for the lack of control.

There is a reason why the players you guys stan always end up as a BIG time flop.

You must be a joke

So Attacking midfielders don't boss the midfield?!

And who the hell told you and your delusions that the only job of an AM is to create chances?

So, Ozil, Ben Arfa and Coutinho didn't boss the midfield in their prime?

Please tell me you're fvckin joking

I don't even want to add Eden Hazard because at some point he was considered in same bracket as Cr7 and Leeyo.. . Yes, he was that good.

If dribbling midfielders whose task is to track your movements isn't bossing of midfield, abeg tell us what bossing the midfield entails.

Bruno that can't even lace Cabaye's boots... Lmao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
Botfuss:
Bruno doesn’t move the ball. He collects the ball and makes a champagne pass from there. Just do shakara a bit and attract players to yourself mba.

As soft as odegaard is,he still drives the ball. It allows the wingers to get into the right position. Even he will be able to make more blind runs. Baba go collect ball from midfield, launch am straight. Against city, there was a moment 3 of our players were chasing KDB on the touchline, you just cry when you see things like that. Even mount drives into the box to draw a foul. Just try, draw one or two players to your side before you pass.

I doubt if he can change though.

That Idiot needs to get the fvck outta this club asap

I doubt if a serious team will bid 60m for that clown
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
ovoP:
this is a lie.. you are making it look like Bruno kills all our attack.. watch games without hate abeg.. show me his pass accuracy for the last 3 games.

You and that expert berra get your heads out your asses and stop referring people to stats

If you care to know, the days of Fernonsense are numbered

Watch how the idiot will ghost tonight and Hobjerg will render him useless.

Always struggling in big games
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
LostMyZeal:

This is why every post pointing to flaws in Bruno's game is met with massive anger.

It's either of the two extremes. Bruno is a great player or Bruno is a very terrible overhyped player.

Calm down abeg.

In the same game I'm complaining about, Bruno made about 7 recoveries. I think the 2nd most in that match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2022
LostMyZeal:

You and that expert berra get your heads out your asses and stop referring people to stats

If you care to know, the days of Fernonsense are numbered

Watch how the idiot will ghost tonight and Hobjerg will render him useless.

Always struggling in big games
Dropped two beautiful passes that won us the game against Arsenal. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2022
Botfuss:
Bruno doesn’t move the ball. He collects the ball and makes a champagne pass from there. Just do shakara a bit and attract players to yourself mba.

As soft as odegaard is,he still drives the ball. It allows the wingers to get into the right position. Even he will be able to make more blind runs. Baba go collect ball from midfield, launch am straight. Against city, there was a moment 3 of our players were chasing KDB on the touchline, you just cry when you see things like that. Even mount drives into the box to draw a foul. Just try, draw one or two players to your side before you pass.

I doubt if he can change though.

Someone is talking true here and one person is telling me Bruno dosent need to dribble or drive ball. grin grin. No wonder we have been trophyless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Guy u really hate bruno sote grin grin grin. Give him time he can still improve
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
Imagine this ITK yarning okpata and trying to ridicule Coutinho, Ben Arfa and Ozil grin

These were artists whose names will forever be remembered by the world of football oh. Like they made their marks!

Ben Arfa didn't even last like that, but he made his mark on football despite his challenges during his career.

Who the fvck is fvcking Bruno when they're mentioning the likes of Ben Arfa

Them dey call special players you dey call Bruno wey be say na only stats he dey rely on

Better not kid me!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
ovoP:

You can't please United fans.

Pope already saw the run from Sancho and the space, any pass to Sancho there will either be intercepted by Pope or result to a 50/50. Passing to CR7 was a plan B which can also result to goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
Hidden Ikebe in the same bracket as Messi and CR7?

Ben Arfa bossing midfield and made his mark?

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

Dropped two beautiful passes that won us the game against Arsenal. undecided

Oh... Even my grandmother is aware of Bruno's Inclinations to Counter attack and hitting opponents on transition

Other than that, he is useless

For years we have lacked artists in our midfield

We need an artist and that unrepentant Bruno isn't gonna change. Simple!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
That moment when you realize the people who hates Bruno stans/value midfielders like VDB and Ben Arfa.

Abeg which midfield Ben Arfa boss? cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Someone is talking true here and one person is telling me Bruno dosent need to dribble or drive ball. grin grin. No wonder we have been trophyless.

You seff see am abii

Too much emotion whenever it comes to Bruno grin

And I wonder why

The ITK for this thread is mind-blowing omo

(1) (2) (3) ... (12445) (12446) (12447) (12448) (12449) (12450) (12451) ... (14421) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.