Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,693 members, 7,926,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 06:12 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9075929 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) ... (14308) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:

elampiro, you are a bush man!
you keep disgracing the respectable united fans with your poor english comprehension. what brought us here is rooney's poor first touch - not the number of touches he gets per game. first touch = his command of the ball when he receives a pass.

I guess the over head kick against Man City was from a second touch. Goals against Necastle from across, goal against Liverpool in the preseason were from seond toches. My guy, it is harder to score from first time shot than to make a pass. My pont.

In our last game, if he had a poor touch to Mata's pass, he woudn't have been able to send Di Maria free. Rooney has great first touches like ayone else.

coogar:

head, leg, chest, knee, bütt can all qualify as touches. rooney's poor first touch has nothing to do with number of touches he makes per game. don't colour the argument with your poor use of english language.

Number of touches in a game has a direct correlation with the number of poor touches and unsuccessful touches. The more you are invoved, the more you make mistakes. If RVP drops to midfield, his number of poor and unsuccessful touches will increase.

coogar:

we had to literally tutor you yesterday when you were confusing shot on target with first touch. first touch is not the same as number of touches so your stats have no bearing with the argument. only a fool would argue that rooney has a better control of the ball than berbatov, RVP or mata.

You need education. You told this house that number of saves a goalkeeper makes in a match is dependent on the number of attempts the opposition have on him. Same way, if Rooney stays idle in a match like RVP does, you woudnt notice any error, or the errors will be minimal.

Now back to Berbatov
2011/2012
Macheda unseccesful touches was every 14.7 mins.
Welbeck unseccesful touches was every 32 mins. Dispossessed every 30 mins.
Nani unseccesful touches was every 39 mins. Dispossessed every 33 mins.
Hernadez unseccesful touches was every 41 mins. Dispossessed every 49 mins.
Cleverley unseccesful touches was every 43 mins. Dispossessed every 145 mins.
JS parkunseccesful touches was every 48 mins. Dispossessed every 51 mins.
Berbatov unseccesful touches was every 51.3 mins. Dispossessed every 36.6 mins.
Rooney unseccesful touches was every 55.7 mins. Dispossessed every 38.9 mins.

Note: Rooney made a pass every 1.7 mins (avaerage of 53 passes per match) while Berba made a pass every 2.2 minutes( 41 passes per match). Hernadez was making 24 passes per match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
The way they hyped Berbatov, one would think he never had unsuccessful touch all his life. grin

When he succeeded in doing one magic in 10 matches, that would end up as the life time highlight for soccer 'kids'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
grin elampiro just dey argue with himself i swear...he has missed d whole point of discussion

In other news,Luke Shaw expected to be fit to face Southampton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Odunharry:
grin elampiro just dey argue with himself i swear...he has missed d whole point of discussion

that's what you get when you are arguing with an illiterate. we are discussing first touch that controls a ball & makes the ball stick to the feet and this dork thinks we are talking about shot on target.

i dunno if he's trolling or he has reached the zenith of his little intelligence. what has the control of a ball gotta do with the number of touches a player makes?

that berbatov gif that had him killing a ball is an example of first touch. if he then decides to dribble after that touch and he gets dispossessed, does that have anything to do with the first touch that controlled the ball?

when they likened him to a toothless illiterate, he gets angry & yet he keeps disgracing himself in public. how can anyone argue in the 21st century that first touch = number of touches a player make? cheesy grin

some mothers do have them......

he'd better be fit!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
Odunharry:

Be guided:

02 October 2013

Touches

A sum of all events where a player touches the ball, so excludes things like Aerial challenge lost or Challenge lost

Touch/Unsuccessful touch

When the ball bounces off a player and there is no intentional pass, we award a touch. Where there is a mis-control we award an Unsuccessful touch.

Rooney has control than Berbatov: fact:
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
"Winston Reid has refused to sign a new contract with us" ...Sam Alladayce

Should we swoop in for d deal? at least he will provide temporary options until summer... n according to big Sam ,he might have signed a pre contract with "another club" ,as we know, arsenal r also interested
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:

that's what you get when you are arguing with an illiterate. we are discussing first touch that controls a ball & makes the ball stick to the feet and this dork thinks we are talking about shot on target.

i dunno if he's trolling or he has reached the zenith of his little intelligence. what has the control of a ball gotta do with the number of touches a player makes?

that berbatov gif that had him killing a ball is an example of first touch. if he then decides to dribble after that touch and he gets dispossessed, does that have anything to do with the first touch that controlled the ball?

when they likened him to a toothless illiterate, he gets angry & yet he keeps disgracing himself in public. how can anyone argue in the 21st century that first touch = number of touches a player make? cheesy grin

some mothers do have them......

he'd better be fit!

' Where there is a mis-control we award an Unsuccessful touch.' - OPTA

And Berbatov have more miscontrols per minutes payed than Rooney.
Same with Falcao and RVP. They have more miscontrols than Rooney in every parameter.

Stats are facts. Remember. Yori yori.

OdunHarry, just agree you didn't e0xpect this outcome.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

Be guided:

02 October 2013

Touches

A sum of all events where a player touches the ball, so excludes things like Aerial challenge lost or Challenge lost

Touch/Unsuccessful touch

When the ball bounces off a player and there is no intentional pass, we award a touch. Where there is a mis-control we award an Unsuccessful touch.

Rooney has control than Berbatov: fact:
i gifff up....*faint*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Odunharry:

i gifff up....*faint*

You have no option. We are talking undeniable facts from stat.

Opta states clearly what a touch is. it excludes ball contests.

It states what an unsuccessful touch is= miscontrol.

The worst of all is the irony that Rooney who touches the ball most has less micontrols per minutes as against Berbatov, RVP and Falcao.

Mata and Di Maria are slighly above Rooney. But Valencia is Oga of good control.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

' Where there is a mis-control we award an Unsuccessful touch.' - OPTA

so is that miscontrol the first touch? illiteracy is a disease. van persie would have been awarded an unsuccessful touch when he failed to score against lloris......but his first touch before he miscontrolled the ball with the 3rd touch was 100% perfect.

so elampawa - is the first touch the same as the miscontrol?

illiteracy is a disease. cheesy

And Berbatov have more miscontrols per minutes payed than Rooney. Same with Falcao and RVP. They have more miscontrols than Rooney in every parameter.
Stats are facts. Remember. Yori yori.

on which planet is berbatov more erroneous than rooney in ball control? cheesy grin rooney plays deep, runs into areas where he can get away with his atrocious first touch - berba/RVP/falcao play in areas where they are more heavily marked. rooney has more passes closer to de gea than any of our striker - how would he miscontrol in that area of the pitch when there's no marker breathing down his neck.

this is the 12th time you have been exposed - you don't have the IQ to draw conclusions from data and statistics.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

You have no option. We are talking undeniable facts from stat.

Opta states clearly what a touch is. it excludes ball contests.

It states what an unsuccessful touch is= miscontrol.

The worst of all is the irony that Rooney who touches the ball most has less micontrols per minutes as against Berbatov, RVP and Falcao.

Mata and Di Maria are slighly above Rooney. But Valencia is Oga of good control.

Oga first touch is different to the subsequent touches.

1st touch is the initial control when a player gets the ball, the other touches you're talking about are related to dribbles

Berbatov can trap a 50 yard cross field ball dead 10 out of 10 times, but may also subsequently give the ball away 10 out 10 times with his second touch.

2 different things bro

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nihilist:

1st touch is the initial control when a player gets the ball, the other touches you're talking about are related to dribbles

Berbatov can trap a 50 yard cross field ball dead 10 out of 10 times, but may also subsequently give the ball away 10 out 10 times with his second touch.

2 different things bro

The argument is about possession lost. That was the genesis. They said Rooney losses possession any how.

The unsuccessful touch is the best to measure our argument. I includes first touch and other touches.

This is a flawless victory for me. Coogar needs education.

Everything you guys are saying is theory. I.have seen. Berbatov miss many first touches in Minute United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nihilist:

2 different things bro

i cannot believe elampawa doesn't know the diffeeeence between the first touch & the subsequent touches.

this is a classic example of what we are talking about. van persie's first touch here was 100% but he got dispossessed cos of the subsequent touches he made after the excellent first touch.

how's this difficult to understand?
when rooney was put through in the same game with a similar pass, his first control had the ball behind him & forced rooney to face our goal. that's a poor first touch!

elampiro:

The argument is about possession lost. That was the genesis. They said Rooney losses possession any how.
The unsuccessful touch is the best to measure our argument. I includes first touch and other touches.
This is a flawless victory for me. Coogar needs education.

flawless victory? grin

a pundit that has no common sense to differentiate between the first touch that controls the ball and subsequent touches is claiming victory? if you have any shame, you will log out. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:

flawless victory? grin

a pundit that has no common sense to differentiate between the first touch that controls the ball and subsequent touches is claiming victory? if you have any shame, you will log out. grin

It's a flawless victory. You told us Rooney gets dispossessed more than anyone in the world. I brought stats to defea you.

You said Rooney has no first touch, I brought unsuccessful touches to defeat. You are here sending gif and theory.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
10/11 season.

berbatov - top striker
rooney - number 10.

berbatov got dispossessed 45 times
rooney got dispossessed 56 times

elampiro's conclusion - berba loses possession more than rooney?? grin grin

elampiro:

It's a flawless victory. You told us Rooney gets dispossessed more than anyone in the world. I brought stats to defea you.
You said Rooney has no first touch, I brought unsuccessful touches to defeat. You are here sending gif and theory.

you know your own don finish when nihilist(your attorney) opposed you publicly in this debate. there's nothing more to say than you have cooked your goose. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nihilist:

2 different things bro

Opta's Event Definitions
02 October 2013

Touches

Touch/Unsuccessful touch

Do the above definition exclude first touches?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:
10/11 season.

berbatov - top striker
rooney - number 10.

berbatov got dispossessed 45 times
rooney got dispossessed 56 times

elampiro's conclusion - berba loses possession more than rooney?? grin grin

you know your own don finish when nihilist(your attorney) opposes you publicly in this debate. there's nothing more to say than you have cooked your goose. grin

Toroise

I gave you two seasons. You manage to bring one.

Rooney won again.

Nihiist is on his own defending his earlier comments
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

Toroise
I gave you two seasons. You manage to bring one. Rooney won again.

so how come you didn't include the one rooney was found wanting even from a deep position in your analysis?

i will be back with more stats....

Nihiist is on his own defending his earlier comments

so you need nihilist to tell you that first touch is a completely different stat from dispossession stats? cheesy grin

shame on you, elampawa!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

Opta's Event Definitions
02 October 2013

Touches

Touch/Unsuccessful touch

Do the above definition exclude first touches?

Your definition is inadequate in this case because it fails to recognise that First Touch is a unique skill on its own.

Short pass and Long pass are both passes but they are defined separately.

First touch is a touch yes, but it's also an individual skill.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
11/12 season(passing stats)
berbatov - 83.5%
rooney - 80.7%

10/11
berbatov - 80.3%
rooney - 76.9%

09/10
berbatov - 77.9%
rooney - 73.6%

whether rooney plays deep or plays as the arrowhead, he consistently gave the ball away far more than berbatov.

elampawa, ask yourself - what was rooney doing with the ball? grin

Nihilist:

Your definition is inadequate in this case because it fails to recognise that First Touch is a unique skill on its own.
Short pass and Long pass are both passes but they are defined separately.
First touch is a touch yes, but it's also an individual skill.

first touch is a subset of touches. someone like fellaini can excellently control a missile with his chest(first touch) but he would then miscue his pass(2nd or 3rd touch).

as far as elampawa is concerned - that first touch means nothing cos the 2nd/3rd touch gave the ball away. how can one argue so blindly? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:

so how come you didn't include the one rooney was found wanting even from a deep position in your analysis?

i will be back with more stats....

so you need nihilist to tell you that first touch is a completely different stat from dispossession stats? cheesy grin

shame on you, elampawa!

Unsuccessful touches is not the same as dispossessed.

I will also bring more stats tomorrow. I want to rest for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:
11/12 season(passing stats)
berbatov - 83.5%
rooney - 80.7%

10/11
berbatov - 80.3%
rooney - 76.9%

09/10
berbatov - 77.9%
rooney - 73.6%

whether rooney plays deep or plays as the arrowhead, he consistently gave the ball away far more than berbatov.

elampawa, ask yourself - what was rooney doing with the ball? grin

Safe passes. Yeye pases.

Bebrbaov was hiding from the ball in heat zone. That's why he had less number of passes than Rooney. Yet he was having poor control of the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

Bebrbaov was hiding from the ball in heat zone. That's why he had less number of passes than Rooney. Yet he was having poor control of the ball.

yeah right!
berbatov hid from the ball & won the golden boot without a single penalty. rooney never hid from the ball and he has failed to win the golden boot for 11 seasons. grin

tell us another lie. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nihilist:

The closest the home side came to a real chance was from Pajtim Kasami's early through-ball to Berbatov.

The Bulgaria striker looked well-placed to control and sneak through for a one-on-one with Spurs goalkeeper Lloris.

But his first touch let him down at the crucial moment, and the half-chance evaporated on the icy autumn air.

Andre Villas Boas believes his Tottenham side are back to winning ways after the 2-1 win over Fulham.

.http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287425/report

Marseille offered little evidence of how they won the French title last season. It eventually came at the start of the second period, when Lucho Gonzalez seized on Dimitar Berbatov's failure to control deep inside the United half and whipped over a curling cross for Brandao, whose firm header was directed straight at Edwin Van der Sar.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/latestsport/178307/United-held-in-Marseille

How come this? There are many countless out there.

See you tomorrow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:

yeah right!
berbatov hid from the ball & won the golden boot without a single penalty. rooney never hid from the ball and he has failed to win the golden boot for 11 seasons. grin

tell us another lie. grin

How many UCL goals did Berba score for us in 4 years?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ball control:
Rooney >>> Berbatov, Falcao and RVP. - OPTA

I will be back much later.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

How many UCL goals did Berba score for us in 4 years?

how many did he play?
fergie's tactics in europe is to use a lone striker - absorb pressure for long periods and counter attack with pace.

berbatov ain't suited to such pre-historic football. square peg in a round hole for the kinda football we play in europe. in the premier league, in his 3rd season, berbatov achieved what rooney hasn't been able to cop in his entire career. cheesy

elampiro:
Ball control:
Rooney >>> Berbatov, Falcao and RVP. - OPTA
I will be back much later.

rooney is the worst striker we have had in the last 11 years as far as controlling the ball is concerned. even welbeck, chicharito & wilson have a better first touch than rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:

how many did he play?
fergie's tactics in europe is to use a lone striker - absorb pressure for long periods and counter attack with pace.

berbatov ain't suited to such pre-historic football. square peg in a round hole for the kinda football we play in europe. in the premier league, in his 3rd season, berbatov achieved what rooney hasn't been able to cop in his entire career. cheesy

Did Berba win EPL player of the season?
Did he win UCL trophy?
Has he played UCL final?
Has he won golden boot in world club cup?
Has he won golden ball in world club bal?
Has he was UCL highest Assist of the season?

Rooney is king.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
coogar:

rooney is the worst striker we have had in the last 11 years as far as controlling the ball is concerned. even welbeck, chicharito & wilson have a better first touch than rooney.

From your dream and imagination.

OPTA has spoken. Rooney is above all of them in ball control. Only Mata and Di Maria are better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

OPTA has spoken. Rooney is above all of them in ball control. Only Mata and Di Maria are better.

opta said rooney has the worst possession stats - berbatov consistently destroyed him.

Did Berba win EPL player of the season?
Did he win UCL trophy?
Has he played UCL final?
Has he won golden boot in world club cup?
Has he won golden ball in world club bal?
Has he was UCL highest Assist of the season?

•berbatov was the best striker in the premier league in his debut season in england

•berbatov won the golden boot in england(excluding cheap penalties to boost his stats)

•berbatov has scored more international goals than rooney in spite of his retirement few seasons ago.

•rooney had no hand in our european glory. anderson, nani, contributed more as substitutes than wayne rooney.

•lastly, berbatov looks better than rooney - rooney looks like shrek.....the cross between a gibbon and a congolese pig. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
elampiro:

everywhere on the planet, rooney's first touch is a global cause for concern. grin

and more.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2002323_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

still more....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2002324_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

and......

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2002322_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

yet more.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2002325_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

even united fans agree his first touch is poor.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2002329_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
No need for this long talk, coogar, bring a gif of our game against tottenham, where rooney wasted that sublime pass

That's a very clear example

(1) (2) (3) ... (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) ... (14308) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Khaytunechi and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.