Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,820 members, 7,976,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 06:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9233481 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) ... (14417) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
No Sire.. I rarely criticize a player cos no be everyday pesin dhey do well for life, even Ronaldo & Messi sef... The best in the business dhey fvck up sometimes.... But when a player like Rooney who earns like that aforementioned can't do half of what those hoonchos do, It gets us feeling bad though..... But all the same, try as you can to avoid some Rooney's arguement here.... It doesn't change the fact that He's a good player though buh doesn't really offer what his pay check describes

No qualms. But guys forget Rooney only earns higher than RVP by a certain image right clause. Falcao's wage is no far off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:02am On Jan 09, 2015
Ahbeg, wetin dhey happen for transfer market.....? We no hear anything.... Who get clue cos we need ship Evans, Jones, Fletcher & Anderson out...... Blackett, Januzaj out for loan *SIMPLES*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:07am On Jan 09, 2015
elampiro:

No qualms. But guys forget Rooney only earns higher than RVP by a certain image right clause. Falcao's wage is no far off.
Yeah cos He's dhey biggest figure in our team
Mata earns £130k
Di Maria earns £230k
RVP earns £250k
Falcao earns £265k
Rooney earns £300k
Mehn...... Utd pay handsomely...... And Falcao is insisting he wanna stay put at Utd

Looking at that...Rooney bosses them all
Even if we sign bale today he'll still earn same with RvP or Falcao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Dadehmola:

That's because he has set the standards so high for himself. Even at that, this is a player who won the golden ball in Brazil ( debatable though), scored 41 goals in 46 appearances last season and already has 23 in 23 this season.

so how much do you think he is worth? This is messi we are talking about.. not Eden Hazard! cheesy

messi's contract expires in 2018, bale : 2019 . If i am not mistaken, the migdet's salary should even be twice that of bale's as we speak.

From the look of things, it seems that 200m being quoted na release clause which even makes it a good bargain IMO. With the recent hike in prices of players, paying that amount for the 2nd best player in the world appeals to me greatly, afterall............

THE MONEY DEY!! cheesy cheesy
I don't agree, Messi is a no. 9 false or whatever. the no. 9s or thereabouts we have are world-class players & some will have to leave.
however, Bale is a winger & we only have Angel as truely world class. we could also use the much needed pace in attack transitions, which I feel has been lacking from the pedestrian soccer we serve without di Maria or Januzaj. it is also an easier decision on who to jettison from current wingers if Bale arrives
Messi will be a great buy for any team, but at £200m, for me - no.
I know what you are trying to drive @ but its not the same thing. £200m can buy three world class (Bale, Strootman, Hummels - all around 25 prime years); £43m cannot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Strootman....World Class? cheesy

Based on?

Anyway my own opinion is that 200 mil is cheap for a player of Messi's calibre.

From a financial perspective, bringing Messi to the EPL is a guaranteed money spinner based on Shirt Sales alone.

According to Metro.co.uk, Shirt sales after the Ronaldo transfer generated the 80 million spent within A YEAR, with 1.2 million shirts bought within the city of Madrid ALONE...

So consider the potential sales numbers given that Manyoo have the largest fanbase in the world.

Note that I haven't even mentioned image rights, endorsements, etc

I haven't even gotten round to mentioning that Messi is the best player in the world, and that his talent must be snapped up if it ever becomes available.

If Bale is world class, then Messi must be galactic class.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
according to d daily star ,man united will double DDG's salary to £140,000 per week as de try to offer him a new contract

Also united r preparing another bid for BVB's defender ,Matt Humels
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nihilist:
Strootman....World Class? cheesy

Based on?

Anyway my own opinion is that 200 mil is cheap for a player of Messi's calibre.

From a financial perspective, bringing Messi to the EPL is a guaranteed money spinner based on Shirt Sales alone.

According to Metro.co.uk, Shirt sales after the Ronaldo transfer generated the 80 million spent within A YEAR, with 1.2 million shirts bought within the city of Madrid ALONE...

So consider the potential sales numbers given that Manyoo have the largest fanbase in the world.

Note that I haven't even mentioned image rights, endorsements, etc

I haven't even gotten round to mentioning that Messi is the best player in the world, and that his talent must be snapped up if it ever becomes available.

If Bale is world class, then Messi must be galactic class.

Lol. I'm actually surprised anyone would argue against the acquisition of Messi. I agree, 200 mil is quite cheap considering the potential gains on and off the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
Purist:

Lol. I'm actually surprised anyone would argue against the acquisition of Messi. I agree, 200 mil is quite cheap considering the potential gains on and off the pitch.
Chelsea, Man City can't buy Messi cos of FFP ..... So Man Utd are by far the only club in the EPL who can price him off which we all know.... But why hasn't LvG looked into Messi's angle....?? ? To be sincere, I prefer Messi to Bale Ten thousand times....Cos ah trust LvG wouldn't mind having him in our team. . The shirt sales alone in 2 years will cover our expenses considering his calibre and our global fan base strenght.... Xo what I mean is that, the rumour of him leaving Camp Nou may not be true... I trust Woodward, he's a pure business man....He wouldn't allow this opportunity to sneak by.... *I MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
Purist:

If I were incharge, I will so sanction the deal outright.... As far he's available
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
How's 200 mil cheap Who has been sold lately even @ 100 mil?
Ronaldo @ 23 and world best player didn't even cost half of that, so how's Messi @ 27(that looks like he's regressing) worth 200 mil?

150-160 max.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2015

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
chrisley024:
How's 200 mil cheap Who has been sold lately even @ 100 mil?
Ronaldo @ 23 and world best player didn't even cost half of that, so how's Messi @ 27(that looks like he's regressing) worth 200 mil?

150-160 max.

messi will cost about £500m to any team in the premier league. it's a bad investment. his buy-out clause is about £250m & there are spanish taxes attached to that. then his wages a year would be £20m(net)....which is £40m(gross in the UK). a 5-year contract means £200m on his wages alone.

it's a pipe dream......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

messi will cost about £500m to any team in the premier league. it's a bad investment. his buy-out clause is about £250m & there are spanish taxes attached to that. then his wages a year would be £20m(net)....which is £40m(gross in the UK). a 5-year contract means £200m on his wages alone.

it's a pipe dream......
How?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
How?

the taxes in england are disgusting.
rooney's £300k/week wages is only £150k/week(take home pay), the queen eats the rest as her share. cheesy if you earn more than £150k per annum in the UK, the tax eats 50% of your salary.

messi won't take a pay-cut to play in england. his take-home pay in spain is more than £200k/week......which would translate to about £400k/week in england.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

the taxes in england are disgusting.
rooney's £300k/week wages is only £150k/week(take home pay), the queen eats the rest as her share. cheesy if you earn more than £150k per annum in the UK, the tax eats 50% of your salary.

messi won't take a pay-cut to play in england. his take-home pay in spain is more than £200k/week......which would translate to about £400k/week in england.
undecided undecided lipsrsealed That's why some players don't wanna come to the EPL..... Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
undecided undecided lipsrsealed That's why some players don't wanna come to the EPL..... Mtcheeeeeeew

monaco is about the only club that can afford him but the owner is going through a bitter divorce & he's no longer interested in football. monaco is tax-free. what you get is what you take home.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Ahbeg, wetin dhey happen for transfer market.....? We no hear anything.... Who get clue cos we need ship Evans, Jones, Fletcher & Anderson out...... Blackett, Januzaj out for loan *SIMPLES*

Jones is going no where... Why would any Man Utd fan want Jones out? sad

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
SetrakusRa:

Jones is going no where... Why would any Man Utd fan want Jones out? sad

cos he's wack!
evans & jones should be shipped out. smalling is our best CB. the jury is out on blackett and paddy mcnair.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

monaco is about the only club that can afford him but the owner is going through a bitter divorce & he's no longer interested in football. monaco is tax-free. what you get is what you take home.
Yeaah i know that..... What do you think bout Falcao's deal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

cos he's wack!
evans & jones should be shipped out. smalling is our best CB. the jury is out on blackett and paddy mcnair.
Jones is stvpid & wack.... Smalling iss beta dan him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
£200m is cheap? wetin person no go see undecided

oya make una start to contribute na angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
Daley Blind, Rafael and several other previously sidelined Manchester United players have been training with the first-team squad as preparations for Sunday’s clash with Southampton continue.

Luke Shaw, who was also substituted at Huish Park with an ankle problem, Marcos Rojo, Marouane Fellaini and Antonio Valencia were pictured, along with Spanish goalkeeper Victor Valdes, who has joined United on an 18-month contract.

[Source: manutd.com]

Manchester United- official FB
There’s a lot of love between David De Gea and Víctor Valdés. Our new signing thinks our no.1 is “the best in the world”. And in turn, David says Victor “is a great keeper and a good person”.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Yeaah i know that..... What do you think bout Falcao's deal?

falcao should be signed asap!
he's worth every penny - he just came back from a long lay-off. these injuries can take up to a year before one completely recovers from them. i see him turning it up this year, i really do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
elampiro:
Daley Blind, Rafael and several other previously sidelined Manchester United players have been training with the first-team squad as preparations for Sunday’s clash with Southampton continue.

Luke Shaw, who was also substituted at Huish Park with an ankle problem, Marcos Rojo, Marouane Fellaini and Antonio Valencia were pictured, along with Spanish goalkeeper Victor Valdes, who has joined United on an 18-month contract.
does this mean we have an injury free squad now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
SailorXY:

does this mean we have an injury free squad now
Not possible yet in United. Remember Young smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

cos he's wack!

Jones ain't wack.. Infact, only Smalling has proved to be better than him. Haven't seen much of Rojo to judge him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
Thursday January 08 2015
Wayne voted by the fans as England Player of the year 2014

Wayne has been voted by the fans as the Vauxhall England Player of the Year for 2014.

The Three Lions skipper played in every game for Roy Hodgson’s side last year, top-scoring with eight goals and also reached his century of international caps.

The Manchester United forward was the clear winner, receiving the majority of votes from members of the England Supporters to be crowned Vauxhall England Player of the Year.

Wayne has now won the award three times - more than any other player - after he scooped the prize in 2008 and 2009.

Wayne said: “I’m both very happy and proud to be named the England fan’s Player of the Year.

“The fact that this award is chosen by the fans makes it even more special, so I would like to thank all those who voted.

“I would also like to thank all the England fans for their support throughout what was a mixed year.

“They have stuck by us since the World Cup, we have managed to win every game since and are in the best possible position for European qualification.

He continued: “Receiving an honour such as this from the fans is always something that fills you with personal pride.

“But it is important to point out that without the support of my team mates, coaching and backroom staff such an award would not be possible.

“I therefore accept this from the fans on behalf of every single member of the England team.”

Wayne was handed the England captaincy by boss Roy Hodgson in September, following the international retirement of Steven Gerrard.

He then went on to win his 100th cap for his country in their 3-1 victory over Slovenia in November.

But the 29-year-old says wearing the armband as England won six consecutive games is the thing he’ll remember most about 2014.

“The highlight of the year for me has to be being named captain.” said Rooney.

“It’s a huge honour just to play for your country so to be named England captain was a dream come true and something I take great pride in doing.

“Another highlight has to be walking out with my kids on my 100th cap, that was a special moment.”

He added: “For 2015 I just hope that we carry on the form we have shown in the last few games and secure qualification for the European Championship.”

Wayne will be presented with his award ahead of England’s next game against Lithuania, which is at Wembley on 27 March.
http://www.officialwaynerooney.com/news/article/wayne-voted-by-the-fans-as-england-player-of-the-year-2014

This is how the fans speak. Not a few articles trying to influence the Managers of teams to favour other players they love. For instance, Liverpool fans always writing in favour of Sterling and Sturridge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sports Editor of the Manchester Evening News @PeterSpencerMEN has tweeted saying "BALE FOR UTD...its edging closer now valdes has signed."

-Yesterday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
SetrakusRa:

Jones ain't wack.. Infact, only Smalling has proved to be better than him. Haven't seen much of Rojo to judge him.

jones is wack!
this is the player SAF had so much hope for and said he would become another duncan edward. he has not lived up to that promise and he keeps deteriorating.

he's a pretender....
from the first look, you would think he's very busy and doing a lot but whe you take a second or a 3rd look, the flaws become very obvious. jones & evans are tii lightweight to protect de gea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

jones is wack!
this is the player SAF had so much hope for and said he would become another duncan edward. he has not lived up to that promise and he keeps deteriorating.

he's a pretender....
from the first look, you would think he's very busy and doing a lot but whe you take a second or a 3rd look, the flaws become very obvious. jones & evans are tii lightweight to protect de gea.

Defenders don't peak until they are 24- 25. And Jones has never been used as a steady centre back.

Three Lions defenders:
Jagielka 32
Cahil 29
Smalling 25
Jones 22 .... Going to 23 on Feb 21.

Except when injured, Jones virtually always started for SAF, Moyes, Gaal and Hodgson. During the holiday, I reviewed how Smalling and Jones came back from injuries in 2012/13 under SAF. Jones was always sent back into the starting team on return from injuries. I think the coaches have a high opinion of him. Whether he is deteriorating, that I don't know because in my eyes he is doing well for his age. I believe he needs games to get to that level SAF expected of him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
United training..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
cheesy seems evry1 is fit..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) ... (14417) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.