Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,153 members, 7,887,346 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8933318 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13623) (13624) (13625) (13626) (13627) (13628) (13629) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2023
All 3 left this club.. But the one that came to united as usual is suffering.
Are we surprised?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:50am On Sep 17, 2023
Puntingnoob:
Doc, you mean our academy player is better than our 60 million English midfielder?? What is Ten hag seeing that we the fans are not seeing?

I don’t know what he sees that others can’t see but maybe that is why he is the manager and we are mere fans. Even if Mount is presently marginally better than Mejbri (which I don’t think is the case) the difference is not worth the 60m wasted on that transfer. Plus Mejbri will be the obviously better player within 6-12 months if given the opportunities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:02am On Sep 17, 2023
Puntingnoob:
Ten Hag decisions I still never understand since yesterday

Starting Bruno on the right wing

Leaving Rashford, Casemiro and Eriksen for 90 mins

Subbing off Hojlund

If Ten Hag no fit succeed in United I give up.

We have hired different mangers with different philosophy. Same sh1t year in year out.

Bruno didn’t start on the right wing.

We actually played a lopsided 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield. Case at the base, Bruno at the top, Eriksen LM (but helping Case out situationally), McTominay RM. Rashy and Rasmus played on top with Rashy slightly to the left.

The thinking was to play narrow in midfield and stop Brighton from playing in between the lines in midfield which they are incredibly good at. It worked to a large extent but the problem was that whenever they cut us open there was no resistance from our CBs, GK, and CDM. Another problem was that as a consequence we had no RW threat and all our attacks were through a Rash who was blinded by greed.

It is quite telling that even playing at home ETH was so lacking in self belief that he changed his formation to try to combat a Brighton team that was without some of its key players. Meanwhile Brighton played their usual game, home or away, missing star players or not.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Puntingnoob: 7:11am On Sep 17, 2023
afrodoc2:

We actually played a lopsided 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield. Case at the base, Bruno at the top, Eriksen LM (but helping Case out situationally), McTominay RM. Rashy and Rasmus played on top with Rashy slightly to the left.

The thinking was to play narrow in midfield and stop Brighton from playing in between the lines in midfield which they are incredibly good at. It worked to a large extent but the problem was that whenever they cut us open there was no resistance from our CBs, GK, and CDM. Another problem was that as a consequence we had no RW threat and all our attacks were through a Rash who was blinded by greed.

It is quite telling that even playing at home ETH was so lacking in self belief that he changed his formation to try to combat a Brighton team that was without some of its key players. Meanwhile Brighton played their usual game, home or away, missing star players or not.
This would be a long season. The mount transfer had no iota of sense in it. This was a player who was on the bench for the majority of last season in his former club. I watched Diaby against Liverpool, watched Doku against Westham, Luis Daiz against Aston Villa. These guys don't cost much unlike our wingers. Yet they are far better than UTD wingers. It tough been a UTD fan, so tough.

We face Bayern on Wednesday. A win wouldn't move me

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Puntingnoob: 7:11am On Sep 17, 2023
afrodoc2:

This would be a long season. The mount transfer had no iota of sense in it. This was a player who was on the bench for the majority of last season in his former club. I watched Diaby against Liverpool, watched Doku against Westham, Luis Daiz against Aston Villa. These guys don't cost much unlike our wingers. Yet they are far better than UTD wingers. It tough been a UTD fan, so tough.

We face Bayern on Wednesday. A win wouldn't move me, Walahi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YourBestWriter: 7:45am On Sep 17, 2023
I just dey laugh as I dey read comments here. No matter how you guys comment till day break, it won't change the fact that manutd players are either average, old, or without the heart of fighters. Everything now is on ten hag, but do you honestly think guardiola or even de zerbi can succeed with these players? Do you think a manager like zidane or guardiola can work with the glazers?

Manutd fans should wake up. The club will have a bad season, but it will probably be for the good. Honestly, I think going down is the only way glazers can leave the club. The culture has been polluted. You can see the greed everywhere. The problem is the glazers. Even if the glazers turn saints today, the damage has already been done. It is irreversible. That sense of being a commercial club, that greed culture, it will be there as long as the glazers are still there.

Sack ten hag today and see how he will probably win champions league in another club.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2023
YourBestWriter:
I just dey laugh as I dey read comments here. No matter how you guys comment till day break, it won't change the fact that manutd players are either average, old, or without the heart of fighters. Everything now is on ten hag, but do you honestly think guardiola or even de zerbi can succeed with these players? Do you think a manager like zidane or guardiola can work with the glazers?

Manutd fans should wake up. The club will have a bad season, but it will probably be for the good. Honestly, I think going down is the only way glazers can leave the club. The culture has been polluted. You can see the greed everywhere. The problem is the glazers. Even if the glazers turn saints today, the damage has already been done. It is irreversible. That sense of being a commercial club, that greed culture, it will be there as long as the glazers are still there.

Sack ten hag today and see how he will probably win champions league in another club.

Oh, Brighton players...including the welbeck we chased out from OT, are now better than Man utd's?

Kwantinuee grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:17am On Sep 17, 2023
ChristoBam:

Lol nah, don't play this game. We were talking of keeping things tight at that moment of the game. Nothing changed in terms of that after he came on. We conceded like 3 clear chances after sef. Probably more.

My point then was his presence on the pitch wouldn't have stopped Arsenal from scoring those goals. I guess you wan use the goal he scored today twist everything.
What do you want them to keep tight at the back after 3 goals? If the scoreline was 1-1, what do you think the instruction from the coach will be?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2023
#Binford out
#BinThony out
#BinMartial out
#Glazersout
DOF is needed not coach signing useless players
Soon Apari Hang will be hashtag if e think say e get coconut head. We look at other wingers you see them hold ball and create chances for their strikers but useless Binford just want to dribble and shoot person wey en dribble na once in a while e dey pass opponent with it. Most likely to dribble for goal kick mtcheew!
Season just start and our eyes go clear soon we just getting started. Bayern is coming, no hope for Man U

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Gambit001: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2023
afrodoc2:

If given game time Mejbri is better than Mount, Eriksen and McTominay. The only things holding him back are his temper, and a risk-averse manager with tunnel vision. If you combine his pressing ability, ball carrying ability, passing ability, speed and strength on the ball he is more complete than any of those other guys.
His temper seems to be better than last time I saw him play in the epl. I watched him play in the championship and I think the coach helped. Even though he was playing Haram footie grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DonPablo9511: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Oh, Brighton players...including the welbeck we chased out from OT, are now better than Man utd's?

Kwantinuee grin grin
how lamptey take be 1M?

you sure say error no de the rest figures so?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:30am On Sep 17, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Kwantinuee grin grin
This is how to back a manager. Spend the moneyyyy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2023
DonPablo9511:
how lamptey take be 1M?

you sure say error no de the rest figures so?

How much did he cost?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 8:32am On Sep 17, 2023
When is my team ‘Getafe’ playing today Man U fans anyone?😁
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DonPablo9511: 8:33am On Sep 17, 2023
AdisaOwala:

How much did he cost?
4 million euros
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:33am On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:

This is how to back a manager. Spend the moneyyyy

cheesy cheesy

It is well my brother
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2023
DonPablo9511:
4 million euros

Source please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2023
DonPablo9511:
4 million euros
Not according to transfermarkt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ballzproblemm: 8:57am On Sep 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
All 3 left this club.. But the one that came to united as usual is suffering.
Are we surprised?
haaland and Bellingham chose the best project those boys are very smart.

Bellingham turned down Manchester United just to move to Dortmund.

His fate would have been like that of Sancho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:06am On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:

Not according to transfermarkt

The way people try to distort the facts just to suit their personal opinions is quite worrisome... especially on these pages

And someone has also liked the post already grin

Smh

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:11am On Sep 17, 2023
Looks like Rashford day of reckoning is here. Something that has been very obvious since when? I don't understand why people can't see that we're on a bad path before things get worse. All indicators have shown that we're not improving and it's very obvious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:14am On Sep 17, 2023
AdisaOwala:

The way people try to distort the facts just to suit their personal opinions is quite worrisome... especially on these pages

And someone has also liked the post already grin

Smh
Even if it's 4m, it's still very amusing that someone will want to argue the fact that you don't need to spend 100s of millions to build a good team. It's after you have a good team, then you can start thinking of the next level which is a trophy. Now you can splash the money because you already have a good team and just need a couple of players to contest for trophies with the best teams around

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:15am On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:
Looks like Rashford day of reckoning is here. Something that has been very obvious since when? I don't understand why people can't see that we're on a bad path before things get worse. All indicators have shown that we're not improving and it's very obvious.

I think Rashford's matter has always been a case of "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed fellow is king".

Truth is that his football growth hasn't turned out the way we envisaged and it's rather unfortunate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2023
Martial has become so bad that fans booed his introduction and he proved everyone right with his shitty display..

As for ETH, I hope he's sacked at most by noon tomorrow..We have very young hungry boys who'll run their lungs out on the pitch but the balloon ETH carries on his shoulders would be telling him to rather have Eriksen play full 90mins and leave the selfish brat Rashford on the pitch too..

Five games into a new season and we've been absolute trash in all ffs..

Oh and before I forget, ANDRE ONANA is worse than average..Man would never save us points at all..Ball playing GK my black ass 😠😠

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2023
Why is it so hard for TenHag to play good football after spending over 400m?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:26am On Sep 17, 2023
AdisaOwala:

I think Rashford's matter has always been a case of "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed fellow is king".

Truth is that his football growth hasn't turned out the way we envisaged and it's rather unfortunate.
It looks like ETH just tell the players to go and enjoy themselves on the field, no strict instructions. If there are strict instructions, why do we see these things happen every match and nothing is done about it. This is so confusing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2023
Jokerman:
Why is it so hard for TenHag to play good football after spending over 400m?
They said he was not backed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 9:36am On Sep 17, 2023
Teams go just dey slice through our midfield like there's literally no midfielder playing for us ffs

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2023
Gary Neville said pre match they had to be optimistic, but they all knew the defeat was coming. We have a supposedly world class coach
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YourBestWriter: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Kwantinuee grin grin

Please let me ask you one question?

Where is Graham potter?

Apparently, he worked with this man but flopped big time at Chelsea.

There's a big difference between managing Brighton from managing clubs like manutd or Chelsea. The pressure is massive. Do you even know ten hag's record at Ajax? Do you know he was at the UEFA champions league semi final with Ajax? Mtchw.

Manutd under glazers will forever kill careers; Chelsea should have been like manutd under boehly, but at least the man is trying. He watches their matches, and he is not greedy or have bad reputation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 10:21am On Sep 17, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Please let me ask you one question?

Where is Graham potter?

Apparently, he worked with this man but flopped big time at Chelsea.

There's a big difference between managing Brighton from managing clubs like manutd or Chelsea. The pressure is massive. Do you even know ten hag's record at Ajax? Do you know he was at the UEFA champions league semi final with Ajax? Mtchw.

Manutd under glazers will forever kill careers; Chelsea should have been like manutd under boehly, but at least the man is trying. He watches their matches, and he is not greedy or have bad reputation.

But Glazers gave the coach money to buy his players... Is it Glazers that affect how the team plays football?

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:36am On Sep 17, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Kwantinuee grin grin
You'll think Ten Hag didn't buy any players.

You'll think he is working with only players he met here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13623) (13624) (13625) (13626) (13627) (13628) (13629) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.