Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,583 members, 7,929,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9091059 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14176) (14177) (14178) (14179) (14180) (14181) (14182) ... (14312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:40pm On May 19
- Finishing dead last in a CL group that has Galatasary and Copenhagen.
- Finishing the Premier league with a negative goal difference.
- Worst Chelsea side in years finishing above us.
- Missing out on European football.
- Record breaking goals conceded by a United goalkeeper.
- Rubbish uninspiring football.

ETH fully deserves the sack.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Uniquisite: 6:47pm On May 19
Ellexy:
- Finishing dead last in a CL group that has Galatasary and Copenhagen.
- Finishing the Premier league with a negative goal difference.
- Worst Chelsea side in years finishing above us.
- Missing out on European football.
- Record breaking goals conceded by a United goalkeeper.
- Rubbish uninspiring football.

ETH fully deserves the sack.

🤡

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:58pm On May 19
afrodoc2:
Under-14s have also won the national title. Kai Rooney with one of the goals in the final. If the seniors are shaming us, we can use Under-18 and Under-14 to console ourselves. cheesy

They should’ve hosted that awards party for those guys- women’s team and the academy players. Or at least compensate them in another way. They have been exceptional this season

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:01pm On May 19
Ellexy:
Just glad Hoijlund didn't pass to Garnacho for his goal, would have been a wasted chance.

Same feeling here. Garnacho had numerous chances to give Hojlund a tap in goal but each time he decided to shoot instead.

The last two goals he scored, Hojlund had to take his man on (sometimes they are two sef), find space, and shoot. Ko ni da fun pass to winger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 7:03pm On May 19
Goal Difference: -1

Choi!

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 7:13pm On May 19
#TrashHagOUT
#TrashfordOUT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 8:07pm On May 19
Leyqute:

Same feeling here. Garnacho had numerous chances to give Hojlund a tap in goal but each time he decided to shoot instead.

The last two goals he scored, Hojlund had to take his man on (sometimes they are two sef), find space, and shoot. Ko ni da fun pass to winger.
If he passes more he'll have better end product but nah, he wants to be the hero always. Look at Madrid's forward line, as talented as they are, they know when to pass to each other instead of being greedy. But like Rashford like Garnacho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Onkoolos: 8:07pm On May 19
Ellexy:
Just glad Hoijlund didn't pass to Garnacho for his goal, would have been a wasted chance.

Gernacho is an average player. Na man u no get sense!!! I don't want to see likes of gernacho and rashford leading our front squad next season. We need experience players if we want to compete!!! Gernacho that cant dribble one person successfully..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 8:15pm On May 19
Onkoolos:

Gernacho is an average player. Na man u no get sense!!! I don't want to see likes of gernacho and rashford leading our front squad next season. We need experience players if we want to compete!!!
He started the season brightly but lost his x-factor and regressed badly as the season progressed. He had the most appearances in the team this season, maybe that took a toll and affected him mentally.

This season was generally bad, we'll see how he does next season under a different manager maybe.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:28pm On May 19
Ellexy:
If he passes more he'll have better end product but nah, he wants to be the hero always. Look at Madrid's forward line, as talented as they are, they know when to pass to each other instead of being greedy. But like Rashford like Garnacho.

This forward line still has a long way to go. If we don’t get rid of these selfish forwards, the attack will not improve.

It was good to see Rashford eating his nails while sitting on the bench today. No automatic stats for anybody. Perform and gel with the team or sit your ass down on the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:20pm On May 19
Leyqute:

This forward line still has a long way to go. If we don’t get rid of these selfish forwards, the attack will not improve.

It was good to see Rashford eating his nails while sitting on the bench today. No automatic stats for anybody. Perform and gel with the team or sit your ass down on the bench.
They don't play as a team with close bond and friendship yet. Those attackers need to be friends and each other's buddy. The coach needs to make them spend time together off the field so they look out for each other on the field. We don't want any hero mentality next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 10:24pm On May 19
Well well well.

The first season without De Gea, guess where we ended up?

A midtable club with no European football.

Funny how things work out. 🤔

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:47pm On May 19
Jokerman:
Well well well.

The first season without De Gea, guess where we ended up?

A midtable club with no European football.

Funny how things work out. 🤔

3 of those who ensured his golden glove were injured for major parts of the year.

De Gea won’t do any better than Onana this season even though the later had a torrid start himself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:06am On May 20
Leyqute:

3 of those who ensured his golden glove were injured for major parts of the year.

De Gea won’t do any better than Onana this season even though the later had a torrid start himself.

Nawa o. DDG won’t do any better? Seriously? DDG was making game winning saves. No now. Sleep and death no dey the same level. God keep us alive for many decades.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:48am On May 20
nitrogen:

Nawa o. DDG won’t do any better? Seriously? DDG was making game winning saves. No now. Sleep and death no dey the same level. God keep us alive for many decades.

How many game winning saves did he make when Watford piped us 4 goals when things went south for Ole?

Let me refresh your memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35anUS80x8U&feature=youtu.be

That was when we still had a somewhat compact midfield and defence.

With the amount of shots we faced this bad season due to a leaky midfield and mediocre defense there’s every tendency DDG concede the same or even more goals.

Give me a break. You’ve forgotten how terrible he was.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:44am On May 20
Hehehe. Reactionary forces want to rewrite history. cheesy

This is like Ole-In coming now to say we should not have sacked Ole because ETH is struggling.

Offloading DDG was not the problem, the choice of his successor was where the club got it wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:50am On May 20
Onana is still a good buy. He took some time to settle, and that's understandable considering he just came in and hasn't gotten a constant defensive partnership because of the injuries. ETH's weird tactics also exposed him to a lot of shots. Most goal keepers will struggle under these conditions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 10:09am On May 20
afrodoc2:
Hehehe. Reactionary forces want to rewrite history. cheesy

This is like Ole-In coming now to say we should not have sacked Ole because ETH is struggling.

Offloading DDG was not the problem, the choice of his successor was where the club got it wrong.

How please??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 10:11am On May 20
eph12:
Onana is still a good buy. He took some time to settle, and that's understandable considering he just came in and hasn't gotten a constant defensive partnership because of the injuries. ETH's weird tactics also exposed him to a lot of shots. Most goal keepers will struggle under these conditions.

100%. Put Onana in Man city and he would have been among the best keepers this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:16am On May 20
eph12:

I think it remains to be seen if he's a good buy. He can still be a good buy but I'm not sure you can say that with chest after this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:23am On May 20
main24:

How please??

I don’t think he is consistent and reliable enough as a shot stopper and I voiced my concerns before he was bought.

If I wanted to give a critical analysis I would say his reflexes are not the best and his hand is not the strongest. I am also not sure of his aerial prowess.

He will perform better behind a settled defence but let’s not pretend like Onana has not had his shortcomings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:34am On May 20
MRTA7:

I think it remains to be seen if he's a good buy. He can still be a good buy but I'm not sure you can say that with chest after this season.
He will come good. Probably a little above average. The amount of shots he faced this season is crazy. Nobody deserves that no matter their offense cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:42am On May 20
eph12:

He will come good. Probably a little above average. The amount of shots he faced this season is crazy. Nobody deserves that no matter their offense cheesy

Do you think "above average" is good enough for where we want to be?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:54am On May 20
eph12:

United faced around 600 shots this season alone.

We conceded an average of 17 shots per game. Multiplying that by the 50 odd games we played this season and you’d be close to 600. There’s no way a GK won’t concede loads of goals if they’re exposed to 600 shots.

I’m not saying Onana is the best GK for United , but I’m certain he’s miles ahead of the De Gea that left in several departments.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:55am On May 20
ETH will probably still be sacked sha.

Might be De Zerbi taking over.

Jokerman, you can start praying. your wish might come true.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:35am On May 20
MRTA7:

Do you think "above average" is good enough for where we want to be?
If we're looking at what we want to change in the team in the next 3 years, where do you rank the keeper, considering the needs we have?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:37am On May 20
Leyqute:

United faced around 600 shots this season alone.

We conceded an average of 17 shots per game. Multiplying that by the 50 odd games we played this season and you’d be close to 600. There’s no way a GK won’t concede loads of goals if they’re exposed to 600 shots.

I’m not saying Onana is the best GK for United , but I’m certain he’s miles ahead of the De Gea that left in several departments.
Other departments like passing abi? That should be the only department sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:45am On May 20
eph12:

If we're looking at what we want to change in the team in the next 3 years, where do you rank the keeper, considering the needs we have?

I think Onana is a good keeper but I dont think he'll be a great one. I dont think he's commanding enough even though he's probably more commanding that DDG who wasnt commanding at all. Onana's shot stopping probably not as good as DDG but honestly I think they're roughly the same level. Onana does seem like he might have more space to improve while DDG isnt going to get any better.
I think Onana's 1 v1 is pretty good but again room for improvement for the level we need. I dont think we're in a position to change keeper again considering what we invested so maybe we have to find a way to make it work. I also dont think Raya is special but he's good enough for Arsenal so maybe Onana can get to that level.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:50am On May 20
MRTA7:

I think Onana is a good keeper but I dont think he'll be a great one. I dont think he's commanding enough even though he's probably more commanding that DDG who wasnt commanding at all. Onana's shot stopping probably not as good as DDG but honestly I think they're roughly the same level. Onana does seem like he might have more space to improve while DDG isnt going to get any better.
I think Onana's 1 v1 is pretty good but again room for improvement for the level we need. I dont think we're in a position to change keeper again considering what we invested so maybe we have to find a way to make it work. I also dont think Raya is special but he's good enough for Arsenal so maybe Onana can get to that level.
Hopefully we get a new coach that can organize the team better so we can fully access Onana next season. He is not at Ederson and Allison level but not many more are better than him

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:12pm On May 20
eph12:

Other departments like passing abi? That should be the only department sef

Claiming aerial balls as well, but that’s not as important as distribution.

Onana is outstanding in passing ability and distribution. No top team has a keeper who can’t distribute.

De Gea has better reflexes and shot stopping ability. Onana isn’t very much behind him in that regard but you can make the argument that there’s still a difference.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 12:26pm On May 20
Onana with his playstyle will have crazy off days but with a stable defence in front of him, he has shown he's capable of holding his own. One thing he has going is his mentality. He has shown that during his Ajax days, he showed that at Inter as well. He was very instrumental in their run to the CL final.

Even if you pit prime Neuer between the sticks with the way the team defended this season, there won't be much difference in the number of goals conceded. As a matter of fact Onana had the highest goal prevention of any keeper this season in the league.

Let's give him a stable defense and see how far. Same applies to Hoijlund, he was the least passed to from teammates among strikers in the PL this season. Imagine that. They were barely creating anything for him and he was feeding on scraps. Oga turned to a wrestler out of frustration. I pray whoever is in charge next season addresses these issues.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:04pm On May 20
Leyqute:

Claiming aerial balls as well, but that’s not as important as distribution.

Onana is outstanding in passing ability and distribution. No top team has a keeper who can’t distribute.

De Gea has better reflexes and shot stopping ability. Onana isn’t very much behind him in that regard but you can make the argument that there’s still a difference.
I don't want to turn this to DDG vs Onana.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14176) (14177) (14178) (14179) (14180) (14181) (14182) ... (14312) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: lekkie073(m), Colson(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.