Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,947 members, 7,949,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9143943 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14241) (14242) (14243) (14244) (14245) (14246) (14247) ... (14369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:05pm On Jul 11
patrickmuf:
This is the part I am sceptical about. Sometimes, in a bid to develop muscles and all that, players lose their agility. As he ages, his physique and defending will improve.

Hopefully. I am especially interested in how he develops in terms of acceleration and speed.

The speed required at senior level is way more than that at the academy level.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:22pm On Jul 11
afrodoc2:

Hopefully. I am especially interested in how he develops in terms of acceleration and speed.

The speed required at senior level is way more than that at the academy level.
Doc what do you know about this lads? Can they make it here?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:16pm On Jul 11
TrebleChamp:
Doc what do you know about this lads? Can they make it here?

Ashton Missin I would say no. He is pacy but I don’t think he has the X-factor and he isn’t the biggest lad. Leyqute and I have discussed him here. We like his speed, work rate, and application but ultimately I don’t think he has enough quality.

I really like Ethan Williams. Probably not as fast as Missin but he is a dominant winger when he feels like it. He is G/A king who takes free kicks and corner kicks with both feet, and scores from outside the box with both feet. Because he can shoot and cross with both feet he finds it easy scoring for himself and creating for others.
My 2 concerns with him are that he does not take his marker on 1v1 enough the way Garnacho did (or that even Missin does), and that he does not seem to possess elite speed. Also, he is sometimes nonchalant with his touch.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11
afrodoc2:

Ashton Missin I would say no. He is pacy but I don’t think he has the X-factor and he isn’t the biggest lad. Leyqute and I have discussed him here. We like his speed, work rate, and application but ultimately I don’t think he has enough quality.

I really like Ethan Williams. Probably not as fast as Missin but he is a dominant winger when he feels like it. He is G/A king who takes free kicks and corner kicks with both feet, and scores from outside the box with both feet. Because he can shoot and cross with both feet he finds it easy scoring for himself and creating for others.
My 2 concerns with him are that he does not take his marker in 1v1 enough the way Garnacho did (or that even Missin does), and that he does not seem to possess elite speed. Also he is sometimes nonchalant with his touch.

Ah. Ethan Williams. Im still in awe of that lad’s talent. He did come to live towards the end of last season. Him and oga Wheatley. Hopefully they kick on from there next season.

Reckon any of the youngins would get a debut next season? (Wheatley already played for the first team last season). I’m hoping my boy Harrison gets a good season. Maybe a loan deal sef. Cos that U-21 level, I don’t like how some of the talents that graduated there didn’t go on up from there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:12pm On Jul 11
afrodoc2:

My 2 concerns with him are that he does not take his marker on 1v1 enough the way Garnacho did (or that even Missin does), and that he does not seem to possess elite speed. Also, he is sometimes nonchalant with his touch.
Very good analysis 👍. We will see how well they progress, thanks Doc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:22pm On Jul 11
Leyqute:

Ah. Ethan Williams. Im still in awe of that lad’s talent. He did come to live towards the end of last season. Him and oga Wheatley. Hopefully they kick on from there next season.

Reckon any of the youngins would get a debut next season? (Wheatley already played for the first team last season). I’m hoping my boy Harrison gets a good season. Maybe a loan deal sef. Cos that U-21 level, I don’t like how some of the talents that graduated there didn’t go on up from there.

Harrison grew taller like you wished last season, and he still kept his reflexes and agility, so your jazz worked. Yeah, i think he needs a League One loan this season. but i selfishly want him to stay behind for our UEFA Youth League games. The guy has real potential.

The ones i suspect have a chance of making the first team this season are Collyer, Williams, and Amass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pegasus01: 3:47pm On Jul 11
Welcome to Manchester United

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 3:47pm On Jul 11
Zirkzee first INEOS signing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11
🚨🔴 Matthijs de Ligt told his agent Rafaela Pimenta two weeks ago: only Man United, no negotiations with other clubs.

The contract agreed is valid until June 2029, five years. De Ligt only wants United.

Negotiations between Man United and Bayern are also proceeding well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 4:10pm On Jul 11
🚨🚨| OFFICIAL: Mitchell van der Gaag and Benni McCarthy have left Manchester United.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 4:12pm On Jul 11
Rene Hake and RVN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pegasus01: 4:12pm On Jul 11
New Additions to Coaching staff

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11
Ah Ruud boy ye.

We the PS1 and PS2 early players then.

Ruud van nistelrooy... Welcome back to the club.

Even after the Fergie fallout, no one slandered you, and you went to Madrid and won laliga and pichichi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11
🚨🔵⚪️ Olympique Marseille keep working on Mason Greenwood personal terms agreement.

Discussions underway about the salary structure after €30m package deal agreed with Man United.

OM board and Roberto de Zerbi want to make it happen, talks continue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 4:21pm On Jul 11
🚨🔵 Como are optimistic to get Raphael Varane deal done by next week as negotiations are progressing well.

Cesc Fabregas wants Varane and he’s keen on the move, with final details being clarified.

Exclusive story, to be confirmed soon. 👀🇫🇷
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lannyjoe4u: 4:22pm On Jul 11
Ellexy:
Rene Hake and RVN

Sheybi RVN na coach for 1 Dutch club before
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11
🚨🇳🇱 More details on Zirkzee deal done for Manchester United.

🩺 Medical tests will take place on Friday, then face to face meeting with Erik ten Hag.

📑 Contract until June 2029 + option for further year.

🤝🏻 €42.5m fee paid over three years instead of €40m in one solution.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 4:31pm On Jul 11
Lannyjoe4u:

Sheybi RVN na coach for 1 Dutch club before
Yes PSV
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:50pm On Jul 11
Fingers crossed Zirkzee develops into what we need.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11
Ellexy:
Rene Hake and RVN
From unlocking Pogba to unlocking ETH. Let's sha hope he can perform with his new coaching staff

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kingofcasting(m): 4:59pm On Jul 11
Lana1:
From unlocking Pogba to unlocking ETH. Let's sha hope he can perform with his new coaching staff
Fingers crossed on the matter embarassed embarassed smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:12pm On Jul 11
afrodoc2:

Harrison grew taller like you wished last season, and he still kept his reflexes and agility, so your jazz worked. Yeah, i think he needs a League One loan this season. but i selfishly want him to stay behind for our UEFA Youth League games. The guy has real potential.

The ones i suspect have a chance of making the first team this season are Collyer, Williams, and Amass.

Really happy for Elyh. Has he started training with the first team yet? I hope so.

Amass came very close to making his debut like season but I’m kinda happy he didn’t. The environment should be less toxic this coming season so the remainder of his transition into the first team should be smoother.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 5:13pm On Jul 11
Lana1:
Lmaooo, so they're here to unlock ETH....hope they won't be needing unlocking soon themselves

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jamiuokolaa: 5:15pm On Jul 11
obonujoker:
🚨🇳🇱 More details on Zirkzee deal done for Manchester United.

🩺 Medical tests will take place on Friday, then face to face meeting with Erik ten Hag.

📑 Contract until June 2029 + option for further year.

🤝🏻 €42.5m fee paid over three years instead of €40m in one solution.

Is he a winger or a CF?

His numbers are not looking too good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11
Pegasus01:
Welcome to Manchester United

So, Man Utd can sign players in July? Ah! Richard Arnold, you do this one o. The shege wey you show us, you go suffer for am o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:28pm On Jul 11
Let's get our transfer in early before pre-season starts and then we move from there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 6:00pm On Jul 11
obonujoker:
🚨🔴 Matthijs de Ligt told his agent Rafaela Pimenta two weeks ago: only Man United, no negotiations with other clubs.

The contract agreed is valid until June 2029, five years. De Ligt only wants United.

Negotiations between Man United and Bayern are also proceeding well.
This will be a low key good signing

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 6:03pm On Jul 11
INEOS moving fast in their transfer dealings... things we love to see.

Welcome to the best club in the world Super Segzy Zirkz
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obonujoker(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11
Jamiuokolaa:

Is he a winger or a CF?

CF.

He's still young, and he has good ball movement.

About his numbers, na SerieA e bin dey play o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jamiuokolaa: 6:43pm On Jul 11
obonujoker:

CF.

He's still young, and he has good ball movement.

About his numbers, na SerieA e bin dey play o

INEOS subtly telling us to lower our expectations for next season, unless we are still looking to sign a more reputable striker.....

Few clips I saw, fella seems to be in the same WhatsApp group with Hojlund in terms of development.

E be like say that serie A dey one kind sad

With the imminent departure of Sancho, our unwillingness to accept Greenwood back into the team, Antony's indifferent form plus Rashford's lacklustre performances/attitude, I think we also need a decent winger ASAP

Let's hope for the best sha

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 8:46pm On Jul 11
Jamiuokolaa:

Is he a winger or a CF?

The only strikers out there right now are those in the “developing” phase
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 9:26pm On Jul 11
#TrashHagOUT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14241) (14242) (14243) (14244) (14245) (14246) (14247) ... (14369) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.