Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,360 members, 7,937,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9113901 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) ... (14338) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
dis is manutd!!! we get linked to every player in d world ,until dia is concrete bid for him ,all na rumor
Concrete? ESPN reported about our purported interest in him... They were quite confident in their source...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
patrickmuf:
Concrete? ESPN reported about our purported interest in him... They were quite confident in their source...
if d source is not d player's agent or any of d club's officials or a former player or even d player himself ,then it's just rumors ... remember sky sports told us dat Hummels to united was a done deal yet Dortmund's' sporting director put to bed dat rumor ,not saying dat rumors can't materialize to reality but u shouldn't take any of it serious
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Firmino's ambidextrous talents have helped developed his adaptability. Leading the line as a detached striker has been a regular position for his club as well as country, but he is naturally a No 10, while wide forward or even deeper in midfield can also bring out the best
in him.

www1.skysports.com/football/news/15115/9883812/roberto-firmino-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-manchester-united-target

If this happens to be true, we shouldn't waste time Abeg!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
Dadehmola:
Firmino's ambidextrous talents have helped developed his adaptability. Leading the line as a detached striker has been a regular position for his club as well as country, but he is naturally a No 10, while wide forward or even deeper in midfield can also bring out the best
in him.

www1.skysports.com/football/news/15115/9883812/roberto-firmino-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-manchester-united-target

If this happens to be true, we shouldn't waste time Abeg!!
how many 10 are we gonna have? Even LvG said we've enough

We should get a DM abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
chrisley024:
He is aware of the article's content and talked on the issue of our youth.

Fergie's "no value in the market" and the desire of most ready-made players to move to Spain led to this.

Parrotibaba didnt comprehend the article content. Anyone who comprehended the article content wouldn't reply that way.

See the bold part below and draw a conclusion for yourself. grin What Barca did by buying Suarez and Rakiti is exactly the approach the article suggested for Man United. The article is suggesting if we must spend (heavily), it should be on the experienced and tested players. The players in our academy should be hoping to break into the main team with gradual maturity of their games by understudying the experienced senior players and with some game time. But when rookies are bought in from other clubs, it destroys any hope of our academy players getting some playing time to mature.

parrotibaba:
.d difference between dis current barca team n dat of last season is d cash de spent on Suarez n rakitic ,according to dis guy's logic de should hv gone with d likes of sergi Roberto n munir n see if instant success would follow ,youth integration is not bad at all ,but u can't expect all youth players to make it to d first team by default ,de hv to prove dem selves first ,only den can de become regulars in d first team ,scholes ,giggs ,Neville ,butt worked hard b4 de got to d first team
..Youth doesn't always translate to success

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
chrisley024:
how many 10 are we gonna have? Even LvG said we've enough

We should get a DM abeg

I don't see how the acquisition of a 13m rated attacking player would affect our quest to sign a DM. Besides, the fact that he can play upfront and out wide is, na im be the major incentive here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
Dadehmola:
I don't see how the acquisition of a 13m rated attacking player would affect our quest to sign a DM. Besides, the fact that he can play upfront and out wide is, na im be the major incentive here.
i have seen him a couple of times for Brazil, what i like about him is his work rate. he will make a fine addition for the quoted price, even if its to spice up competition in various positions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
The guy can't cost less than 20-18mil
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:13am On Jun 15, 2015
elampiro:

Parrotibaba didnt comprehend the article content. Anyone who comprehended the article content wouldn't reply that way.

See the bold part below and draw a conclusion for yourself. grin What Barca did by buying Suarez and Rakiti is exactly the approach the article suggested for Man United. The article is suggesting if we must spend (heavily), it should be on the experienced and tested players. The players in our academy should be hoping to break into the main team with gradual maturity of their games by understudying the experienced senior players and with some game time. But when rookies are bought in from other clubs, it destroys any hope of our academy players getting some playing time to mature.

elampiro is more daft. dan. a 2 year old ...I began my post with "the guy. made some good points but d rest are balderdash" any 10 year old would immediately comprehend dat I am responding to d other points he made regarding youth integration. n not about d failures of potentials when bought at a high price grin common english u can't grasp ,no wonder u argue like a tyke ,when u comprehend d article first n den my post ,den I go believe say ur case don d come down grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by EddyBlingzz(m): 9:49am On Jun 15, 2015
elrony:
We should just go n get back CR7 na....

£60m + DDG cheesy grin

lol
great deal iteyu grin that's exactly what a mourinho would do given the situation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
MAN UTD NEWS

Forgotten midfielder ,Nick Powell steps up injury comeback. The midfielder who has been injured since coming back from an unsuccessful loan at Leicester is stepping up his injury comeback as he hopes to feature in LVG's plan next season

Wish him well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
parrotibaba:
elampiro is more daft. dan. a 2 year old ...I began my post with "the guy. made some good points but d rest are balderdash" any 10 year old would immediately comprehend dat I am responding to d other points he made regarding youth integration. n not about d failures of potentials when bought at a high price grin common english u can't grasp ,no wonder u argue like a tyke ,when u comprehend d article first n den my post ,den I go believe say ur case don d come down grin grin grin

I wanted to ignore you but you are going deeper into your pit of outright cluelessness and ignorance.

That post has only one meaning. It doesn't have subsidiaries. Your reply was an outright out of point because the guy never said 'don't buy established players, instead play the academy players'. The summary of the guy's article is 'spend heavily only on established players and bring the club's academy players through the ranks to try to break into the senior team.

I don't get exactly what you were replying to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
elampiro:

I wanted to ignore you but you are going deeper into your pit of outright cluelessness and ignorance.

That post has only one meaning. It doesn't have subsidiaries. Your reply was an outright out of point because the guy never said 'don't buy established players, instead play the academy players'. The summary of the guy's article is 'spend heavily only on established players and bring the club's academy players through the ranks to try to break into the senior team.

I don't get exactly what you were replying to.
in ur quest to ridicule me u goofed up big time ,if u hv read d article n comprehended it ,you would h seen d part he talked about youth integration in d team n my post conspicuously stated at d beginning dat he made good points but d rest r crap ,n den I proceeded to tackle d points he made about youths not getting enough playing time or not being allowed to mature into d team hence my welbeck point ,dis is an article dat has different points n I'm not going to school u on d art to picking out points from articles n tackling it if d writer is wrong or less informed ... someone on dis thread was able to understand d point dat I was making but u continued to show ur ignorance n daftness by trying to mk me look Iike I hv no idea what I posted as u pushed frantically to start a baseless argument ...next time try to think n comprehend b4 publicly disgracing ur self
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
TRANSFER NEWS

@patrickmuf

Roberto firmino's agent confirms epl move ...

The player who has been linked to man utd n Liverpool is moving to d premier league according to his agent ,Roger Wittmann .. "all I can say is dat he will go to England" roger said
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
parrotibaba:
TRANSFER NEWS

@patrickmuf

Roberto firmino's agent confirms epl move ...

The player who has been linked to man utd n Liverpool is moving to d premier league according to his agent ,Roger Wittmann .. "all I can say is dat he will go to England" roger said
I think it's us not Liverpool... Hope he signs up ASAP
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
No United bid for Otamendi
--Valencia club

Can't United solve this defence and defensive midfield issues for once

In other news, Jones is injured as usual.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
chrisley024:
No United bid for Otamendi --Valencia club

while he was getting or giving head
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
chrisley024:
No United bid for Otamendi
--Valencia club

@bolded,

Cc: Coogar. What's ya say on this?

I won't mind donating a trailer to be use to ship Jones and other deadwoods outta the club!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
the less said about Jones the better for us all, honestly.

if this boy still can't learn how to stay fit I wonder how he's going to be of any use to us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
StarBoard:
the less said about Jones the better for us all, honestly.

if this boy still can't learn how to stay fit I wonder how he's going to be of any use to us.
I think if he repeats the careless injuries next season, it will certainly be curtains for him. he has to organize his medulla & calculate better. he was seen as the brighter prospect when he & Smalling arrived, it'll be a shame if he gets sold while Smalling pins down a regular shirt!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
parrotibaba:
in ur quest to ridicule me u goofed up big time ,if u hv read d article n comprehended it ,you would h seen d part he talked about youth integration in d team n my post conspicuously stated at d beginning dat he made good points but d rest r crap ,n den I proceeded to tackle d points he made about youths not getting enough playing time or not being allowed to mature into d team hence my welbeck point ,dis is an article dat has different points n I'm not going to school u on d art to picking out points from articles n tackling it if d writer is wrong or less informed ... someone on dis thread was able to understand d point dat I was making but u continued to show ur ignorance n daftness by trying to mk me look Iike I hv no idea what I posted as u pushed frantically to start a baseless argument ...next time try to think n comprehend b4 publicly disgracing ur self

You no know book. True!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
elampiro:
You no know book. True!
*tumbles from tenth floor*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
SailorXY:
I think if he repeats the careless injuries next season, it will certainly be curtains for him. he has to organize his medulla & calculate better. he was seen as the brighter prospect when he & Smalling arrived, it'll be a shame if he gets sold while Smalling pins down a regular shirt!
funny that Smalling has a new contract and nobody is saying same about our resident gorilla.
its sickening that a chap in his early 20s still keeps getting injured on a regular basis as a result of rash decision making after 4 years at old trafford.
can never forget how he split open Rooneys skull in training that forced shrek to don a headband.
the boy is a hazard to himself,his teammates and united supporters/fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
Jones injuries over the years is the best among the young players. Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Shaw, etc have spent more time out with injuries than Jones. It's something common in our club. The bad thing is that Jones own is happening in a time that it will backfire badly on him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
Jones
2011/12- 2125 minutes
2012/13- 1205 minutes
2013/14- 2174 minutes
2014/15- 1879 minutes
Total playing time for Man United = 7383

Jones highest played time (2177) was his season in Blackburn b4 he joined us 2010/2011.

Smalling
2010/11- 1082 minutes
2011/12- 1293 minutes
2012/13- 1013 minutes
2013/14- 1938 minutes
2014/15- 1879 minutes
Total minutes played for Man United 7205

Smalling never got a high playing time in Fulham. His highest was 870 before he joined us.

Rafael Da Silva
2008/2009- 1056 minutes
2009/2010- 683 minutes
2010/2011- 1202 minutes
2011/2012- 916 minutes
2012/2013- 2316 minutes
2013/2014- 1418 minutes
2014/2015- 590 minutes
Total= 8181 minutes played for Manchester United

A young defender getting 2,000 minutes is trying. Centre Defenders don't peak until they turn 25 years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
doesnt explain why an £18 million rated defender as if 2011 is spending lots of time on the treatment table especially when his mates in other teams are getting more minutes and valuable experience. or the way he keeps injuring himself on a regular basis in training,during games or brushing his teeth.

Phil Jones should be the bedrock of Uniteds defence. we shouldnt be looking for a cb to buy given that he and smalling have played at United for 4 years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
It's a pity Ferdinand and Vidic got tired the same time.

Two verane wouldn't hold Madrid central defence comfortably. Young centre defenders must mature playing consistently under the supervision of an established defender. Otherwise they will have to learn the hard way.

Jones and Smalling, particularly, Jones has been played in several positions which has affected his ability to gain command of the centre back position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
SailorXY:

while he was getting or giving head
Hodgson on Jones taken off" "He was injured. He fell clearing a ball *smh*, his ankle became swollen. He wanted to play on but the pain too much"

Funny you hardly hear he was injured by a player; either he injured himself or a fellow player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
elampiro:
It's a pity Ferdinand and Vidic got tired the same time.

Two verane wouldn't hold Madrid central defence comfortably. Young centre defenders must mature playing consistently under the supervision of an established defender. Otherwise they will have to learn the hard way.

Jones and Smalling, particularly, Jones has been played in several positions which has affected his ability to gain command of the centre back position.
Well, he said he prefers the RB position which he also played for England in their last game.

Truth is that we need an experienced CB to guide them. Though they preferred the sick bed when Rio and Vidic were still here to give them that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
elampiro:

You no know book. True!
abeg in order to end dis argument I think I will let u wallow in ur stupidity for a while ,when ur thinking n intelligence level reaches k den I might start seeing reasons with u but for now u r still in level Q where ppl like u think like moRons ...c'est fini
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
chrisley024:
Well, he said he prefers the RB position which he also played for England in their last game.

Truth is that we need an experienced CB to guide them. Though they preferred the sick bed when Rio and Vidic were still here to give them that.
so he now prefers the RB position cuz he believes there may be vacancy there? after being touted as Duncan Edwards? Sir Alex must be shaking his head vigorously angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
Zidane; Madrid are interested in pogba ... angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) ... (14338) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lannyjoe4u, Kimbeast, Oasis007(m), daharry(m), andrewbaba44 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.