Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,397 members, 7,897,766 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 07:31 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8976801 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) (1765) ... (14268) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pataki:

Stop quoting me you this e-nuisance! In real life, you should be in one corner serving punishment on your knees, raising your hands, closing your eyes for that silly gaffe of yours that Ferguson tried to sell Rooney.

Doesn't matter how far you deny it, SAF's words are on this thread. Go read them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Only Ed can instigate this.
imagine being angry that people are happy about signing new players"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pataki:

Stop quoting me you this e-nuisance! In real life, you should be in one corner serving punishment on your knees, raising your hands, closing your eyes for that silly gaffe of yours that Ferguson tried to sell Rooney.

You have time for that tosser.... Walahi!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

that is just newspaper talk....
SAF wasn't ever going to replace rooney with RVP. what made rooney have a rethink was the money he was going to lose for initiating a move. rooney didn't want to lose money & on the other hand, rooney was never going to replace RVP as the lead striker under SAF.

It wasn't just paper talk. SAF said it himself. He announced it over a loud speaker.

RVP wasn't getting in Rooney's way. There was no conflict. RVP said Rooney was one of his major reasons he came to Manchester United. Moreover, Rooney best position is playing off another striker, or one of a fluid front men.

As for Rooney not wanting to lose money, you are not helping your argument. If SAF wanted to sell Rooney, he didn't need him to write. A verbal request from Rooney would have been a big escape opportunity to settle the exit amicably.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Alex Ferguson: Wayne Rooney will not be sold - 'you have my word'

Friday 08 March 2013
"He will be here next year, you have my word on that," he said. "There is no issue between myself and Wayne Rooney. To suggest we don't talk is nonsense.

"He understood the reasons completely. Tactically we got it right. We don't always but we did then. "There are no issues with the player and he will be involved on Sunday.

"I left out Shinji Kagawa after he scored a hat-trick. I thought I would get more stick for that."
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alex-ferguson-wayne-rooney-will-not-be-sold--you-have-my-word-8526003.html

Wayne Rooney: Sir Alex Ferguson says
striker was not keen to play
13 May 2013
"I don't think Wayne was keen to play, simply
because he has asked for a transfer," Ferguson
added.
Asked whether the England international will stay
at the club, Ferguson told the BBC: "It's not my
decision now."
However Ferguson earlier told Sky Sports: "We
are not going to let him go."

Ferguson added: "I think he should go away and
think it over again.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/22502958

You are bring in two different scenarios:

The first was when Rooney was dropped for Madrid game and he hadn't asked to leave.

The second was when he had asked to leave.

Rooney himself confirmed that he was ready to leave at the end of that season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ed the Knight...
Because of Ed's stance on De Gea madrid are disgracing themself getting linked to anybody who stands between the sticks... Even Ben Forster
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
^ ^ ^

Thanks for that Elampiro.

That troglodyte called Coogar will still come here and rubbish the above!

His hatred for Rooney has be-clouded his judgement and tarred his sense of reasoning and objectivity! grin

Argument here is mostly a waste of man hour. Some people have taken a stance no matter what. They have formed an eternal opinion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
tess1:

You are bring in two different scenarios:

The first was when Rooney was dropped for Madrid game and he hadn't asked to leave.

The second was when he had asked to leave.

Rooney himself confirmed that he was ready to leave at the end of that season.

Exactly. SAF at two different times said Rooney must stay. If he were drunk once, he couldn't have been drunk twice while speaking on same topic - the future of his key player.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
Wait.......United fans really think they were getting Ramos...... hahaha Side chick treatment, Using a girl to make bar jealous......
Hahahahahaha,Its a sorry case.....Next time,know your class.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ed Lannister..
With the help of ED, We've got Madrid by the balls. They get De Gea we get Ramos, we keep De Gea we get Otamendi. Ed Woodward must be a Lannister
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigkesh:
Wait.......United fans really think they were getting Ramos...... hahaha
Side chick treatment, Using a girl to make bar jealous......

Hahahahahaha,Its a sorry case.....Next time,know your class.....
If Ed sees this BS^^^
He'll sign Ramos and two of your clubs best players and still keep De Gea....... All in the next 24hrs.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Exactly. SAF at two different times said Rooney must stay. If he were drunk once, he couldn't have been drunk twice while speaking on same topic - the future of his key player.

The fact is that he had asked to leave in the second scenario which is quite different from the first when he hasn't. In the second scenario Rooney would have continued being displeased and continue throwing tantrums at SAF because he had made up his mind then. This will eventually make SAF sell him off.

Showing your displeasure over non-selection in a match is quite understandable at times but verbally saying you want to leave with such displeasure will always lead to his exit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Tess1 you can read the full version here as Skysports reported it when Rooney asked for a transfer.

.... "I don't think Wayne was keen to play, simply
because he's asked for a transfer," the Scot
told Sky Sports.
"I think he wants to think things through in his
own mind. I think that's a good idea. We're not
going to let him go.
"I think he's maybe a bit frustrated at being
taken off once or twice in the past few weeks."
This is the second time that Rooney has asked
to leave Old Trafford, also requesting a move in
October 2010 before agreeing a new deal with
the club.
Sky Sports' Gary Neville says the striker needs
to sort himself out.
"Wayne is an emotional lad and you can see in
the last couple of months he hasn't quite been
himself," said Neville.
"Wayne Rooney wears his heart on his sleeve.
He fights every refereeing decision. But he has
been a bit vacant on the pitch. You can see
something is wrong.
"But there is nowhere to go from here. I have
seen players join Real Madrid and other great
clubs in Europe. But they always want to come
back.
"If you play for this club for 20 years it is not a
bed of roses. You struggle mentally at times.
He will be going through a difficult moment.
"But in a couple of weeks he will be coming
away with England. Then he needs to have the
summer off and hopefully get his head back to
being a Manchester United player."
Neville feels Rooney's family, and agent Paul
Stretford, have a crucial role to play over the
next few weeks.
"This is a good kid," said Neville. "He needs to
surround himself with his family and his
players. The ones who have been here for a
long time will bring him round.
"He is not someone who will make rash
decisions but he needs people around him to
give him good advice. He has an agent and
friends. They need to be giving him the right
advice.
"This is the only club he should be playing at."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8709526/wayne-rooney-has-put-in-a-transfer-request-to-leave-manchester-united
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
UniqueGem:
If Ed sees this BS^^^

U mean if i have a 30year old 2nd choice midfielder in my team and an unproven 25 year old rb......ok when i do,i will contact you.....and of course m not soton........

But if you wanna buy a Depay- like signing ,Traore is up for €90m....m.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
Its Eds way or....... the Highway.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
tess1:

The fact is that he had asked to leave in the second scenario which is quite different from the first when he hasn't. In the second scenario Rooney would have continued being displeased and continue throwing tantrums at SAF because he had made up his mind then. This will eventually make SAF sell him off.

Showing your displeasure over non-selection in a match is quite understandable at times but verbally saying you want to leave with such displeasure will always lead to his exit.

Rooney returned to the starting eleven after Madrid's game.

If the transfer request was turned down, it only meant the coach would subsequently avoid the Madrid saga. Don't look at it from one angle.

Just leave it as it is, SAF didnt want Rooney to go. Chikena.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigkesh:

U mean if i have a 30year old 2nd choice midfielder in my team and an unproven 25 year old rb......ok when i do,i will contact you.....and of course m not soton........

I'm sorry But even Ed the genie won't understand a thing you've written up there.^^

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigkesh:

unproven RB who made the serie A team of the season 2013/2014 ?? I like the way you don't even try to reason... keep being you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
leggo:

unproven RB who made the serie A team of the season 2013/2014 ?? I like the way you don't even try to reason... keep being you!
why you dey give am audience na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
Thok:
Four down, 3 more to go. Remains Otamendi (the Bully), Jan Oblak, and a Proven Striker.
I'll prefer a S/American striker. A combination of aggression and Sublime poaching skills.
But my fears for Oblak is that he's still young 22, we no wan help anoda club develop player.
With Oblak it's gonna be different, he isn't spanish so i'm sure if we get him he's gonna be here for a long while

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
Intruders Beware....
We all must understand that this is Ed Woodward's world and we're just living in it."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
leggo:

with all these world class players arsenal got , they surely must have won the league that year?!

lmfao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Valdez reject an opportunity to move to Turkey believing he can fight for the first choice keeper at Old Trafford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney returned to the starting eleven after Madrid's game.

If the transfer request was turned down, it only meant the coach would subsequently avoid the Madrid saga. Don't look at it from one angle.

Just leave it as it is, SAF didnt want Rooney to go. Chikena.

How will they avoid Madrid saga when the crux of the matter was not only being left out of the most important match of the season but mostly because he's being used in the midfield according to Rooney himself.

SAF wasn't ready to drop RVP who was performing for Rooney upfront and Rooney wasn't ready to continue being used in the midfield. So, who do you think will get his wish? If SAF had stayed, he'll never succumb to Rooney so far RVP was still performing in his striking role. This is what will eventually lead to his exit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
leggo:
I like the way you don't even try to reason... keep being you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigkesh:

This one is trying to troll, not realizing he is raving like a lun.atic.

Learn from Tval.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

that picture doesn't say where iniesta played predominantly. it just listed the number of positions he played that season. i have the OPTA positions of barca's games in that season & more than half of iniesta's games that season were in the midfield.

I think that picture says it all. I think it's correct, every time I saw Barca Iniester was in front not centre. However, I think the major thing is Fab fell out of starting eleven when Neymar joined Barca. He managed to start just 7 games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You have time for that tosser.... Walahi!

I thought he knew better. My bad!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
^ ^ ^

Thanks for that Elampiro.

That troglodyte called Coogar will still come here and rubbish the above!

His hatred for Rooney has be-clouded his judgement and tarred his sense of reasoning and objectivity! grin

you are an idiöt!
those 2 comments had nothing to do with the interview fergie had with geoff shreeves.

the first comment - rooney hadn't even asked to leave in march 2013. he started kicking off in april.

the second comment - fergie had already announced his retirement & moyes was already locked in to takeover. moyes must have told fergie he needed rooney since he's a gutless morön!

even fergie said the decision was no longer in his hands as moyes inherited the problem. i don't see how those 2 comments nullified what fergie told shreeves that he left rooney out of the CF position because rooney wasn't performing on the pitch!

elampiro:

I think that picture says it all. I think it's correct, every time I saw Barca Iniester was in front not centre. However, I think the major thing is Fab fell out of starting eleven when Neymar joined Barca. He managed to start just 7 games.

what you saw was different from what actually transpired. each time you saw barca isn't a true evidence.

these are some of the games barca played that year, iniesta was in the midfield in more than 50% of the games....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pataki:
Put Rooney on the transfer market today and see if EPL teams will not take loans to buy him off your club!

I really pray nevertheless that Real Madrid truly comes for De Gea. Even the deaf and dumb knows ManU will be utterly useless when De Gea leaves.

Continue sqquirting on each other over your new players. grin The game changer is coming soon. Scumtwats! cool
Aren't there equally good keepers around? Lloris, Jan Oblak, Diego Alves, Muslera etc Stop making a fool of yourself
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
tess1:

How will they avoid Madrid saga when the crux of the matter was not only being left out of the most important match of the season but mostly because he's being used in the midfield according to Rooney himself.

SAF wasn't ready to drop RVP who was performing for Rooney upfront and Rooney wasn't ready to continue being used in the midfield. So, who do you think will get his wish? If SAF had stayed, he'll never succumb to Rooney so far RVP was still performing in his striking role. This is what will eventually lead to his exit.

Rooney never complained about not paying the number 9. He was angry when he didnt play the number 10 against Madrid.

Rooney was assigned defensive duty in Madrid. Rooney has the best record in UCL knockout games for the club, but was assigned to assist Rafael to stop Ronaldo and Di Maria. When it didnt go down well with Rooney, SAF had to prove a point by playing Giggs.

Madrid was not going to be the most important game if Nani was not sent off. There would have been more important games for sure.

Lastly most of you guys posts are assumptions. Same assumptions that Rooney would be sold by Van Gaal. This is two years on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

these are some of the games barca played that year, iniesta was in the midfield in more than 50% of the games....

these opta presumed starting formation are mostly wrong when tested with the actual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) (1765) ... (14268) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kizolo(m), LMDyaya(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.