Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,115 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1799) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8935529 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) ... (14246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 10:06am On Jul 18, 2015
seems LVG wants to convert Daley Blind to a permanent Centre Back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2015
parrotibaba:
LVG...

He certainly knows dat we need a striker ...

Who do u think d surprise striker will be?
Lewandowski
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:10am On Jul 18, 2015
igbsam:
seems LVG wants to convert Daley Blind to a permanent Centre Back.
Why do you think so ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:13am On Jul 18, 2015
Pedro wouldn't be a bad addition to the team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 10:14am On Jul 18, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Why do you think so ?

sirlaw2:
Manchester United secured a deserved 1-0
victory over Club America on Thursday
evening in the first match of Tour 2015,
presented by Aon, and in Louis van Gaal's
post-match press conference the boss had
plenty to say about his team's performance
in Seattle...
On United's display against Club America:
"It is our first 45-minute game. I wanted to
see our defensive organisation and that was
the main aspect. We didn't give a goal away,
only one or two chances, so I am satisfied
about that. We played like a team and [Club]
America was very handy with the ball, all of
the players were very aggressive and quick,
so it was not so easy. All of my players have
done the function of what they have to do in
our philosophy, so I am happy and satisfied.
We have won so in the tournament we are
still in the race."
On Morgan Schneiderlin's headed winner:
"He scored with Southampton, I believe five
goals, so it is not a coincidence but we have
practised this with him so I was very pleased
with the performance. It is also a fact that
America don’t have many good headers so
we knew in advance that our benefit was
there. Like I have said in the Premier League,
it is not our benefit as we are always small.”
On the players who did not feature: “David
De Gea and Antonio Valencia were injured,
minor injuries, but we cannot take any risks.
Marouane Fellaini is suspended for the first
three [Premier League] matches so he has a
longer time to prepare himself and I need to
see other players. Sean Goss was not
selected because I have selected other
players.”
On the playing surface at CenturyLink Field:
“The pitch was difficult. Also, the first surface
[underneath] is artificial and the grass is
always moving. You saw a lot of players
slipped. You can get more injuries, which is a
concern. But also last season against Real
Madrid we played in such circumstances.
That is the difference in the US with American
football stadiums, it is more important. In
England we have Old Trafford and it is only
for football. It is not for entertaining. There is
no One Direction. In England we live for
football but in USA they live for American
football and baseball.”
On his plans for the three remaining tour
matches: “We use this tournament for our
match rhythm, to build it up. So we play the
next match against San Jose and we will
also play 45 minutes for all of the players.
That is our philosophy and then we will play
60 minutes and 30 minutes. Maybe in the
last match we will play for 90 minutes, or use
another team to play for 60 minutes. That I
don’t know. I have to read the data of the
players. But our plan is to play the next
game with 22 players.”
On Daley Blind becoming a long-term
centre-back: “It could be. Marcos Rojo is not
here. He shall also come on 25 July. I want
to play always with a left-footed central
defender and Blind can do the job. Maybe he
shall play there but all the players can play
there. Last year it was Jones and Smalling,
and even McNair has played there. But my
preference is a left-footed defender and with
Rojo and Blind we have two.”

At the bolded
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:38am On Jul 18, 2015
there are no inferences to be drawn from the game, its just preseason & heavy experiments.

when we start lining up 4-3-3, we can start getting an idea.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2015
dopeJemi:
I don't know what he'll offer.

We're still lacking in creating of chances and scoring. Very important to address.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2015
chrisley024:
I don't know what he'll offer.

We're still lacking in creating of chances and scoring. Very important to address.

he could be converted to a number 9, what I like about him is his agility, he could also be used in two positions, so he would be a good buy IMO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2015
dopeJemi:

he could be converted to a number 9, what I like about him is his agility, he could also be used in two positions, so he would be a good buy IMO
then no need since he'd become similar to Chicha. We need striker that can move with the ball/dribble and score from anywhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2015
chrisley024:
then no need since he'd become similar to Chicha. We need striker that can move with the ball/dribble and score from anywhere.

Pedro can do that, I've watched him play a few times... he runs with the ball also and has good vision
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2015
dopeJemi:

Pedro can do that, I've watched him play a few times... he runs with the ball also and has good vision
that's when he finds the space. To me, no need. We need a striker similar to Aguero, Benzema or Lewy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:18am On Jul 18, 2015
chrisley024:
that's when he finds the space. To me, no need. We need a striker similar to Aguero, Benzema or Lewy

not disputing that fact, that's where Lacazette comes to mind, but we are not looking in his direction from the look of things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 18, 2015
Emperoh you're spotted.
Show face.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
Everton boss Roberto Martinez has dismissed reports he will be signing defender Jonny Evans, 27, from Manchester United and has reiterated his desire to keep 24-year-old James McCarthy, who has attracted interest from Manchester City and Tottenham. (Daily Star)

We are stuck with him cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joeace3000(m): 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
igbsam:
Everton boss Roberto Martinez has dismissed reports he will be signing defender Jonny Evans, 27, from Manchester United and has reiterated his desire to keep 24-year-old James McCarthy, who has attracted interest from Manchester City and Tottenham. (Daily Star)

He'll leave...other suitors will come. That guy is every manchester united fans worst nightmare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
igbsam:

This na old news naaa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
wow!!! i think pedro is the ideal striker we need and can get this season ......very thoughtful of you guys.......he is good with the ball, he can dribble, he has the eyes for goal, and we can get him at a cheap price plus he's just 27.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
igbsam:

Whether he stays or not is not our biz. He's permanently staying on the bench especially with Otamendi coming to Man Utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
Pedro, striker?
Since when? How? Where?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
Manchester United plan Pedro move Manchester United are planning on making a €31.5 million (£22m) move for Barcelona's Pedro and are hoping to beat Chelsea to the 27-year- old's signature. Source: Daily Mirror Friday, July 17, 2015 22:35

....................waiting.............
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
This na old news naaa

too bed....they better do seat belt for am for benching

sinizia:

Whether he stays or not is not our biz. He's permanently staying on the bench especially with Otamendi coming to Man Utd.

With seat belt grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
saintwill:
Manchester United plan Pedro move
Manchester United are planning on making a
€31.5 million (£22m) move for Barcelona's Pedro
and are hoping to beat Chelsea to the 27-year-
old's signature.
Source: Daily Mirror
Friday, July 17, 2015 22:35

....................waiting.............
✔ ✔ ✔ fake stories
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
✔ ✔ ✔ fake stories
you can report it to goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lolz....Don't try it....When LvG and Mourinho fight for a player, there is only one possible outcome........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
igbsam:

too bed....they better do seat belt for am for benching

With seat belt grin
With head rest & cushion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Arsenal win yet another pre-season trophy. Legends!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
Morgan is going to be our best signing this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
chrisley024:
Or Giroud even. cheesy

Wondered why LvG let RvP go. I thought he was a better striker than Rooney. Unless it is about personal issues; as he always has loads of them, Mr Philosophy could be making a great mistake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
Spy360:

Or Giroud even. cheesy

Wondered why LvG let RvP go. I thought he was a better striker than Rooney. Unless it is about personal issues; as he always has loads of them, Mr Philosophy could be making a great mistake.
abeg Giroud should remain where he is.
RVP fitness is a big concern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
Spy360:

Or Giroud even. cheesy

Gi wetin abeg o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
dopeJemi:
Oh please! Our wing positions are overpopulated!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) ... (14246) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, LORDLARGE(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.