Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,520 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:13 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8918834 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) (1807) ... (14230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
in that phrase, I meant more academy players will gain promotion soonest considering we are about to expand SB and our academies are doing great.
How many have Mourinho transformed from academy to world beaters in chelsea?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:27am On Jul 20, 2015
UniqueGem:
How many have Mourinho transformed from academy to world beaters in chelsea?
This is mou's third season moreover, he has been doing great business so far and still won epl n carling cup. FYI, he won treble with PORTO with unknown players n academies then, he transformed them into world beaters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 10:04am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
This is mou's third season moreover, he has been doing great business so far and still won epl n carling cup. FYI, he won treble with PORTO with unknown players n academies then, he transformed them into world beaters.

Lmao....see answer abeg. Chai.........guy, I sure say u no pass english for primary school. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2015
SailorXY:

its pretty clear Bayern WILL NOT sell anyone to us again this summer, even their Chairman said so!
we ain't even in for Lacazette, there's been no remote link between both parties.

I think Benteke is @ least 2 levels above Welbeck. he's better in the air, better as a lone forward & his finishing can only be matched in Welbeck's fantasies! if LvG settles for him, I won't have much qualms considering options in the current window.

benteke isn't any 2 levels above welbeck. he has the worst finishing in the entire league. he's a route 1 football player. put it in the air for him and he would bully his marker and then score 1 goal from 25 chances. we are not suited to that kind of football. benteke is a shyte shyte player. lukaku is miles ahead. LVG is after pedro.........pedro is at least better than benteke but not the level we should be aspiring. we are extremely light in the attack department!

hensben:

this is mou's 7th season in the PL if you add his previous stint at chelsea to the equation. he never developed anyone from the academy. he just bought and bought and bought. mou cannot work with raw materials. he works with finished products!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2015
igbsam:

Na u nor pass english for primary school. if i don beat una with logic una go shift to trolling cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2015
coogar:

this is mou's 7th season in the PL if you add his previous stint at chelsea to the equation. he never developed anyone from the academy. he just bought and bought and bought. mou cannot work with raw materials. he works with finished products!
PORTO FC disagree...He bought n bought? but he was successful with it unlike LVG who spent and spent last season. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:23am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
PORTO FC disagree...He bought n bought? but he was successful with it unlike LVG who spent and spent last season. cool

who did mourinho develop at porto fc? benni mcCarthy? deco? or who? you just come here to talk nonsense. porto fc was a team of mercenaries from their goalie to whoever. jose mourinho did not develop a single youngster at porto.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Holyman3(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:

Sir Alex Ferguson's class of '92 is a classic example.
Arsene Wenger's '03/04 immortals another.
Guaduola's treble winning Barcelona of '08/09 a more recent.

Not to mention LvG's '95 Ajax UCL winners.

So Messi, Puyol, Xavi, Eto, Toure, Alves, Abidal, Pedro all came from the scratch through Guadiola?

Which of this men did Gaudiola sign or promote to the Senior team.. Say what you know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2015
coogar:

who did mourinho develop at porto fc? benni mcCarthy? deco? or who? you just come here to talk nonsense. porto fc was a team of mercenaries from their goalie to whoever. jose mourinho did not develop a single youngster at porto.
You are the one spewing nonsense if you don't know. Who was deco and benny mcarthy before the treble? you even have the guts to call them mercenaries, keep trying hard to discredit mou's success with fc porto like ferguson didn't sign players to win 1999 treble after many years of trying. Btw, go check meaning of mercenary.
Fyi, mou statue is outside fc porto stadium till eternity.
Here were the players he turned into world beaters. Players like paulo ferreira and ricardo carvalho were porto academy.Mou won europa and ucl with them. Before mou, they went trophy-less, he built them into world beaters.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 20, 2015
Latest News: Man Utd not signing any new striker

Van Gaal has confirmed that Rooney will be 1st choice with chicharito and also wilson in his 4-3-3 formation.
Two more signing will be added which may be a goalkeeper and a defender.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
Na u nor pass english for primary school. if i don beat una with logic una go shift to trolling cool

Hahahahaha.....abeg o. beat who ? The only person u beat na your imagination. abeg carry on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
igbsam:

Hahahahaha.....abeg o. beat who ? The only person u beat na your imagination. abeg carry on.
small pikin talk. Smh. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mprepz:

Van Gaal has confirmed that Rooney will be 1st choice with chicharito and also wilson in his 4-3-3 formation.
LVG dey craze then if true. His sack might be close if he depends on these strikers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
Please don't get me wrong. No coach wins without buying. But great coaches (which includes funny enough LvG) are noted for using BASICALLY what they have with just two or three additions beyond which is panic buying. And Yes LvG has lost it because he is panic buying.

Don't even mention J Mou, he ruined Porto and Inter by messing them up financially. If not for the financial strength of Madrid and the magnanimity of Abram with Chelsea, both clubs would have gone to admin long ago. Exactly what happened to Glasgow Rangers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
it only take a scammer to know one so mr attention seeker are you also a scammer? Hehehe.
At least I don't blame my grammatical errors on my "iPhone".

You still remain a fraud and a scam for blaming your phone for your multiple grammatical gaffes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mprepz:

✔ ✔ Oga from wey yhu carry dis news from✔✔?

Coogar, Elampiro, StarBoard, Sailorxy, Afrodoc2, dopeJemi, etc... Did you ghuys hear and read this news from anywhere?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:
Please don't get me wrong. No coach wins without buying. But great coaches (which includes funny enough LvG) are noted for using BASICALLY what they have with just two or three additions beyond which is panic buying. And Yes LvG has lost it because he is panic buying.

Don't even mention J Mou, he ruined Porto and Inter by messing them up financially. If not for the financial strength of Madrid and the magnanimity of Abram with Chelsea, both clubs would have gone to admin long ago. Exactly what happened to Glasgow Rangers.
Again you fail to realize that the era of promoting youth en masses to the first team to win titles is over.
Guardiola met a squad molded by Rijkaard. Most of the 09 squad promoted to the it's team was done by other managers including van Gaal.The only exception was Pedro.

Van Gaal realized that during his spells at Barca and Bayern. He did promote the odd player every season but not on the scale of the Ajax 95. The Bosman ruling effectively killed that template for youth development.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
sinizia:
grin
him no get preek ni?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

Coogar, Elampiro, StarBoard, Sailorxy, Afrodoc2, dopeJemi, etc... Did you ghuys hear and read this news from anywhere?
ł
I heard o.
About to dissociate myself from van Gaal o.
The other day he was talking about a surprise signing in the striking department. Wonder what this. U-turn is about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
StarBoard:
ł
I heard o.
The other day he was talking about a surprise signing in the striking department. Wonder what this. U-turn is about.
✔ ✔ What i read now from sky sports is that he'll be no. 1 if we can't get a better striker than him.

LvG said that already.... he'll only sign a better player than what he has
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
StarBoard:
ł
I heard o.
I don't think we'll go into the season with only two senior strikers & a rookie.
unless he really means to convert Depay to a CF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
SailorXY:

I don't think we'll go into the season with only two senior strikers & a rookie.
✔ ✔ That's one of the reason he bought Depay

I think he's getting Pedro

For those silly bloggers saying ADM is headed to PSG are funny... The manager reiterated that him, Rojo, and Chicha are coming over for the tour on the 25th

If he was to leave, he wouldn't travel for the tour

Woody left the tour stuff on the 18th for further signings
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:

mou ruined Porto and inter? Nothing wey we nor go hear from these wailing wailers. The beef is real. Mou wasn't the one that sign cr7, bale and James.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
You are the one spewing nonsense if you don't know. Who was deco and benny mcarthy before the treble? you even have the guts to call them mercenaries, keep trying hard to discredit mou's success with fc porto like ferguson didn't sign players to win 1999 treble after many years of trying. Btw, go check meaning of mercenary.
Fyi, mou statue is outside fc porto stadium till eternity.
Here were the players he turned into world beaters. Players like paulo ferreira and ricardo carvalho were porto academy.Mou won europa and ucl with them. Before mou, they went trophy-less, he built them into world beaters.
I took the liberty of researching on the Porto side of 2003/04 because I know you'll talk rubbish as usual, and you did not fail to disappoint in your usual garrulous manner.

The following were key players in the said Porto side.
1.Vitor Baia-began his career at Porto in 1988, left for a short spell in Barcelona in 1996 and returned to Porto in 1999.
2.Jorge Costa-began his career at Porto in 1990.
3Pedro Emmanuel-Signed from rivals Boavista in 2002 by Jose Mourinho.
4.Ricardo Carvalho-began his career at Porto in 1996
5.Ricardo Costa-began his career at Porto B,handed debut by Mourinho in 2002, but was not a regular
6.carlos secretario-signed from Braga in 1993. left the club and returned from Real Madrid in 1998
7.Costinha- signed from Nacional in 1997
8.nuno Valente-signed from Uniao Leiria in 2002 by Mourinho
9.Deco-signed from Benfica in 1999
10.Derlei-signed Uniao Leiria in 2002 by Jose Mourinho
11.Sergio Concenciao-bought from Lazio in January 04
13.Dmitri Alenichev-bought from Roma in 2000
14.Bosingwa-Bought from Boavista in 2003 by Jose Mourinho
15.Maniche- bought from Benfica in 2002 by Jose Mourinho
16.Carlos Alberto-bought from Fluminense in 2003 by Jose Mourinho
17.Paulo Ferreira-bought from Vitoria Setubl in 2002 by Jose Mourinho
18.Pedro Mendes-bought from Guimaraes in 2003 by Jose Mourinho
19.Benni McCarthy-bought from Celta Vigo in 2003 by Jose Mourinho.

If you take into consideration that Jose arrived Porto in 2002, it's pretty clear that his treble winning side was largely assembled with the exception of a few mainstays that were in the squad years before and formed the spine of the side.
The only person promoted in the list above by Jose is Ricardo Costa.

Making a side into winners is different from your bogus claim that Mourinho promoted from within.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
✔ ✔ What i read now from sky sports is that he'll be no. 1 if we can't get a better striker than him.

LvG said that already.... he'll only sign a better player than what he has
Why is he flip-flopping?
He shouldn't be resigning himself to Rooney.He needs every reinforcement in the striking department. We won't achieve anything if we settle for Rooney as lead striker.
see how Costa was used to solve Chelsea's striking problems after years of relying on Torres and Eto'o.

SailorXY:

I sincerely hope not.
depay as a striker is a gamble. He adds more dynamism to our forward play but expecting him to be deployed as a striker is stretching it especially in his first season in a new league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

I haven't heard anything yet oh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
coogar:

God will bless you for this, a Lotta guys don't know Fc Porto then and so they assumed it was just filled with youngsters which isn't actually true. Yes Mou did fantastically well to win the UCL with them but he didn't bring up any youngster to limelight from the academy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
So Pato is just 25?? And I was thinking he retired last year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
Jose mourhino's 2004 FC Porto.

You even named wenger who couldn't win treble or rather ucl but excluded Jose mourhino..lol.. The beef is real.

How many players did Mourinho promote from the youth team in porto?

Throughout Mourinho career from porto to chelsea to inter to Madrid back to chelsea tell me one player he took from the youth team and made a star.

I am waiting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
StarBoard:

I took the liberty of researching on the Porto side of 2003/04 because I know you'll talk rubbish as usual, and you did not fail to disappoint in your usual garrulous manner.

The following were key players in the said Porto side.
1.Vitor Baia-began his career at Porto in 1988, left for a short spell in Barcelona in 1996 and returned to Porto in 1999.
2.Jorge Costa-began his career at Porto in 1990.
3Pedro Emmanuel-Signed from rivals Boavista in 2002 by Jose Mourinho.
4.Ricardo Carvalho-began his career at Porto in 1996
5.Ricardo Costa-began his career at Porto B,handed debut by Mourinho in 2002, but was not a regular
6.carlos secretario-signed from Braga in 1993. left the club and returned from Real Madrid in 1998
7.Costinha- signed from Nacional in 1997
8.nuno Valente-signed from Uniao Leiria in 2002 by Mourinho
9.Deco-signed from Benfica in 1999
10.Derlei-signed Uniao Leiria in 2002 by Jose Mourinho
11.Sergio Concenciao-bought from Lazio in January 04
13.Dmitri Alenichev-bought from Roma in 2000
14.Bosingwa-Bought from Boavista in 2003 by Jose Mourinho
15.Maniche- bought from Benfica in 2002 by Jose Mourinho
16.Carlos Alberto-bought from Fluminense in 2003 by Jose Mourinho
17.Paulo Ferreira-bought from Vitoria Setubl in 2002 by Jose Mourinho
18.Pedro Mendes-bought from Guimaraes in 2003 by Jose Mourinho
19.Benni McCarthy-bought from Celta Vigo in 2003 by Jose Mourinho.

If you take into consideration that Jose arrived Porto in 2002, it's pretty clear that his treble winning side was largely assembled with the exception of a few mainstays that were in the squad years before and formed the spine of the side.
The only person promoted in the list above by Jose is Ricardo Costa.

Making a side into winners is different from your bogus claim that Mourinho promoted from within.

God bless you sir... wheres that liar called hen whatever..... come and defend your merc merchant of a coach.. They just believe anything they read from complete sports then come here to tell us mourinho promoted everyone in the Porto team of 2004.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
why our new signings dey collect high numbers when 15, 19 & 20 dey vacant na?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
raumdeuter:

How many players did Mourinho promote from the youth team in porto?
how many players did Arsene wenger promote from academy? Did ferguson or pep not sign players to win treble? The answer is yes. how about LVG's Ajax?(finidi George n kanu). Mou signed most of those players as an unknown from lowly clubs in Portugal with peanut while some of them were from the club's academy. Ferguson signed Andy cole and co too to win treble same with pep and LVG why trying very hard to discredit mou's success huh. One even said mou ruined inter and Porto..lol the beef is real.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) (1807) ... (14230) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m), obonujoker(m), odizeey(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.