Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,321 members, 7,881,180 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:57 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8917956 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) ... (14230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2015
cry
elampiro:

I was just about posting this.

But were you imressed with Pedro's game yesterday or recently? Although the season is new.

He is a fighter no doubt but the final moment....

What do U expect his game to be like? The guy is also tired of barca! Probably wants 2 get himself and his family settled in jand quickly! Start gelling with his new team mates! He just wants to leave abeg! He does not care about how he plays @ this point in time! This man uniteds new way of transfers is just _fucked to death! He could have made a difference tonite sef!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:46am On Aug 18, 2015
"Since the last ten months, since Michael Carrick came back into the team last November, they’ve been the best defensive team in the league. People are asking the question about whether United can win the league and I do believe at this moment in time they’re short. But this is a really good foundation to build on,” Neville claimed on the show.

“The football going forward, when would you ever say at Manchester United the football going forward is more concerning than the defending?”

“This moment in time they’ve got the foundation they just need to get the front bit right. They’re not creating as many chances as they should, but they can go a long way if they keep keeping clean sheets like they are.”

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:53am On Aug 18, 2015
What do you guys think of Laporte?

It seems Utd are in for him, since LVG need a LCB and he fits so well... 21 years old. ... Has a buyout clause of £36.5M
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Benteke 1 - 0 Rooney
go and buy benteke then, my grand mum would score the goal he scored.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2015
funlord:
cry

What do U expect his game to be like? The guy is also tired of barca! Probably wants 2 get himself and his family settled in jand quickly! Start gelling with his new team mates! He just wants to leave abeg! He does not care about how he plays @ this point in time! This man uniteds new way of transfers is just _fucked to death! He could have made a difference tonite sef!

It is Barca delaying the transfer. Not us. Just like the way we delay DDG.

I agree we should have tried getting him for this game. UCL a stage he is used to and can boss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
What do you guys think of Laporte?

It seems Utd are in for him, since LVG need a LCB and he fits so well... 21 years old. ... Has a buyout clause of £36.5M

21 is too young.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 18, 2015
elampiro:

21 is too young.
Not sure you're correct sir,
Age is nothing but a number.
If he's good, his age will not matter.

Your man Rooney started like a house on fire at age 18. That didn't stop him from being the most expensive teenager back then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2015
raumdeuter:

Prosinecki represented Yugoslavia and Croatia

Yeah but stankovic represented 3 countries.

Luis Monti as far back as the 1930s represented Argentina and Italy in the world cup as one of the Oriundi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2015
elampiro:

You never give answer?

Okay let me guess. Rio Ferdinand.

Carlos Gamarra of Paraguay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2015
nyabinghi:

Anything to make Rooney look poor.

It's a shame United fans can come down this low to rubbishing a club legend.

If I joined Arsenal, Chelsea and other fans to use their players to rubbish ours, they would say someone is not loyal. They have used all the players in the world to try to rubbish Rooney.

Na only Emenike, Opannunmi remain way them never say them better pass Rooney. If Emenike should score a great goal today, be sure to see such comments `can the fatso do that`? Yet this same people will argue pages upon pages how Sneinederlin who hadn't kicked a ball for us is better than Matic. How a supposed incoming Clyne is better than Zabeleta. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2015
StarBoard:

Not sure you're correct sir,
Age is nothing but a number.
If he's good, his age will not matter.

Your man Rooney started like a house on fire at age 18. That didn't stop him from being the most expensive teenager back then.

Defenders don't attain consistency until they reach 25. The best defenders are between 25/26 and 32.

Even Verane that is overhyped is highly inconsistent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
"Since the last ten months, since Michael Carrick came back into the team last November, they’ve been the best defensive team in the league. People are asking the question about whether United can win the league and I do believe at this moment in time they’re short. But this is a really good foundation to build on,” Neville claimed on the show.

“The football going forward, when would you ever say at Manchester United the football going forward is more concerning than the defending?”

“This moment in time they’ve got the foundation they just need to get the front bit right. They’re not creating as many chances as they should, but they can go a long way if they keep keeping clean sheets like they are.”
I think he should be used mostly for league games while Bastian for European games
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2015
elampiro:

Defenders don't attain consistency until they reach 25. The best defenders are between 25/26 and 32.

Even Verane that is overhyped is highly inconsistent.

Please provide proof to back up your claim. Chelsea is running after a certain John Stones who is outside that range.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
StarBoard:

Please provide proof to back up your claim. Chelsea is running after a certain John Stones who is outside that range.

How many defenders can you list who attained world commando status at age 24?

All the Lucio, Thiago Silva, Otamendi, Ramos etc of football world didn't become defensive leaders at 24. Not to mention 21 years of age.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
chrisley024:
Hehe! Una don dey question Pedro abilities before he arrival? grin

I'm not interested in him though. We need an attacker that can carry this team (just like LvG City has Aguero, Barca has theirs, Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea while we've what) which he's not.

We have Rooney grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
That reminds me, there was a certain young defender that was so highly, Nastasic. He couldn't cope in Man City and his inexperience cost them some points.

Even Mangala, his young age is a problem. But at 24 he is playing better this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
"Since the last ten months, since Michwit Carrick came back into the team last November, they’ve been the best defensive team in the league. People are asking the question about whether United can win the league and I do believe at this moment in time they’re short. But this is a really good foundation to build on,” Neville claimed on the show.

I agree. We seem to be a little solid in defence. That dont mean i'm comfortable wit Blind as a CB
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
nyabinghi:
Lool. U wanna bet?? Benteke and Giroud ll outscore Rooney this season in the EPL.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
elampiro:

How many defenders can you list who attained world commando status at age 24?

All the Lucio, Thiago Silva, Otamendi, Ramos etc of football world didn't become defensive leaders at 24. Not to mention 21 years of age.

Paolo Maldini was how old before he became a regular at Milan?
Same for Franco Baresi and Claudio Gentile for their clubsides?
What about Franz Beckenbauer?

Even Thiago Silva started playing for Brazil at 22. Otamendi at 20/21.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
elampiro:

Anything to make Rooney look poor.

It's a shame United fans can come down this low to rubbishing a club legend.

If I joined Arsenal, Chelsea and other fans to use their players to rubbish ours, they would say someone is not loyal. They have used all the players in the world to try to rubbish Rooney.

Na only Emenike, Opannunmi remain way them never say them better pass Rooney. If Emenike should score a great goal today, be sure to see such comments `can the fatso do that`? Yet this same people will argue pages upon pages how Sneinederlin who hadn't kicked a ball for us is better than Matic. How a supposed incoming Clyne is better than Zabeleta. grin

My friend shush there....

My Rooney-Benteke post was just a joke! And no one is disputing the fact that he's a club legend. To me he's still the best striker to have come out of United. And soon, he's going to be the highest goal scorer for the three lions.

No matter wat u think, i still like d guy. But he's no longer the kind of player we can move forward with. U'll see for urself tonight....wen he fvcks up again!!

But between me and you, shey u agree dat both Giroud and Benteke ll outscore Rooney in the league this season??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
My friend shush there....

My Rooney-Benteke post was just a joke! And no one is disputing the fact that he's a club legend. To me he's still the best striker to have come out of United. And soon, he's going to be the highest goal scorer for the three lions.

No matter wat u think, i still like d guy. But he's no longer the kind of player we can move forward with. U'll see for urself tonight....wen he fvcks up again!!

But between me and you, shey u agree dat both Giroud and Benteke ll outscore Rooney in the league this season??

Please pause, before you yab me.

What happened to Ruud van nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Eric Cantona et al?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
I'm not unhappy that we failed to meet up with otamendi's buyout clause.. . It was ridiculous considering how much he was worth only barely a year ago. .. The lack of defensive quality in the market didn't help either... Every Tom díck and Harry these days have 30+million on them...

Ed is clearly trying to pass a message
The days of reckless spending are over
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
StarBoard:

Please pause, before you yab me.

What happened to Ruud van nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Eric Cantona et al?
I knew dat line would cause wahala! I said striker o. Van Nistelrooy is the only striker on dat ur list but IMO Rooney has done better Nistelrooy for United. Cantona was not a striker at United neither was C.Ro.
But if i'm missing something here, feel free to lecture me. We learn new things everyday!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I knew dat line would cause wahala! I said striker o. Van Nistelrooy is the only striker on dat ur list but IMO Rooney has done better Nistelrooy for United. Cantona was not a striker at United neither was C.Ro.
But if i'm missing something here, feel free to lecture me. We learn new things everyday!!

But Ronaldo was deployed as a striker in his latter days at United. He scored 42 in 2007/08.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

I thought you were going to take your argument from the line of home growin talents. But even at that, Rooney ain't home grown. Bros, Ruud boi and Ronaldo shits all over Rooney. If you say CR7 was a midfielder, how come he's outscored Rooney the striker?

Guy park well oo grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
elampiro:

21 is too young.
He'll be long term prospect and the guy is good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
bigkesh:

A defeat might force Jose in the market, m sure u know what that means when Jose goes into the market..... The defeat might be a turning point
He signed Baba cheesy.

How hath the mighty fallen. The real Mourinho would be thinking of Alaba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
Leyqute:

We have Rooney grin
just like aguero carried city to the league title lasts eason in the absence of yaya toure, the much maligned Rooney is United's all time scorer, this implies that all our past top scorers like bobby charlton, nistelrooy et al were shyte.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
Emperoh:

I thought you were going to take your argument from the line of home growin talents. But even at that, Rooney ain't home grown. Bros, Ruud boi and Ronaldo shits all over Rooney. If you say CR7 was a midfielder, how come he's outscored Rooney the striker?

Guy park well oo grin grin
when Ronaldo was here, in his first three seasons, did he outscore wazza

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool. U wanna bet?? Benteke and Giroud ll outscore Rooney this season in the EPL.....
it is not a new thing if they outscored him at least ivanovic outscored falcao that played for us last season, or has falcao flopped all his life.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Benteke 1 - 0 Rooney
Benteke 1 Costa 0 Benteke 1 Sanchez 0 Ayew 2 costa 0 Ayew 2 Giroud 1, Mahrez 3 Costa 0 Mahrez 3 Giroud 1 so your point is ?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
elampiro:

I was just about posting this.

But were you imressed with Pedro's game yesterday or recently? Although the season is new.

He is a fighter no doubt but the final moment....

Pedro was more impressive than Suarez yesterday. I'm not saying Vampire is not better than Pedro though. Pedro is pacey and helps close down opponents, a trait he hasn't lost. The most important reason for me why i want Pedro to come is so that LvG can finally remove Mata from the wings. With Pedro coming, it's either Gaal plays Mata at the hole or bench him. Either way, I'm pleased.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) ... (14230) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.