Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,581 members, 7,929,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:29 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9090906 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) ... (14312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
grin
airmark:

It amazes me how the f00l is their respected leader on this thread. Them mumu for here. grin grin grin

I think it would make a lot more sense if you changed your name to "SKID MARK"!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
coogar:

he's the best centre-half in the premier league. he's been a beast since the end of last season. smalling has now come of age and debarring carrick's own goal in the mid-week, smalling is racking up clean sheets like it's going out of business. he's a top top player, i hope he doesn't get injured.
I totally agree. He could very much mke PFA team of the year at this rate. If only we could ve signed an equally good centre back and we could pretty much ve a concrete wall in front of the goal racking up those clean sheets as they come....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
We need Chicharito to lead the attack line!
Period!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
Another clean sheet for our overpaid captain today! Elampiro, wat say u in his defence?? The season just dey start abi?? Iss still too early in the season to judge abi?? He hasn't kicked into top form yet abi??
Pls from one united fan to another, i dey await ur reply o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nathaniel007(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
coogar:

lacazette would destroy this league.
wenger is actually a tool for not getting him this season. he has everything. he's young, pacy, strong, can dribble and his movement on and off the ball is almost better than chicharito. if we get lacazette, he would score 30 goals easily in this league. the key to scoring in this league is pace, sheer abundance of pace and lacazette has got it in buckets.

for £60m, bayern would sell muller and his mom to us.
did u just say lacazette will easily score 30 goals in the EPL tell me u are joking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
Last time Rooney scored a goal, Caitlyn Jenner was still a man. The dude has like 7 clean sheets now and some pple say he'll score 20 goals this season. I just dey here dey laff...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Meanwhile LVG is using his own hand to tear down wat he's trying to build. Playing Mata on the wings, Janzaj as 10, benching Herrera, starting Carrick and/or Schweinsteiger

When Herrera was starting last season, we had our best form in 2 seasons since Fergie left and destroyed Spurs, Liverpool, City, Villa on the bounce. Coincidence?? I think not...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Another clean sheet for our overpaid captain today! Elampiro, wat say u in his defence?? The season just dey start abi?? Iss still too early in the season to judge abi?? He hasn't kicked into top form yet abi??
Pls from one united fan to another, i dey await ur reply o

Haba! No be you first mention my name. Must you force me to comment?

Part of the fault is from our attackers behind Rooney. The only one time Rooney went to the wing to cross, he looked up and gave a telling pass to Mata in the box within 8 yards of the goal. But Memphis and Januzaj were competing to see who could cause more individual havoc to the opposition.

Even when the young boys cross, they put it in the position of the defender even though the striker is moving steps away to gain positional advantage.

Another problem, we are playing deep in defence this season, which is good because it makes us stable. But we don't have the experience fast legs to carry the ball forward quickly. Counter attacks are killed on arrival. Oppositions regroup to crowd the striker before we get to the final third.

If Mata had pace, he would have got to the box with good great counters with just one or two defenders left. Januzaj also killed one, not that he didn't have the legs, but because he decided to dribble at the wrong time.

If I would suggest, Valencia and Young should play the right wing. Valencia' s quick legs will help us carry the ball forward faster and the oppositions would be less adventurous with his presence. If we bring a right wing forward with pace, fine. But we are shooting our legs trying to play a craft man there, it can work if our defence play a high line.

In the last few minutes we played a higher defence and with Valencia`s presence we gained the advantage to pressure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
You mean the Valencia that moves forward and returns the ball to the fullback
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
chrisley024:

Which match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
elampiro:

Part of the fault is from our attackers behind Rooney. The only one time Rooney went to the wing to cross, he looked up and gave a telling pass to Mata in the box within 8 yards of the goal. But Memphis and Januzaj were competing to see who could cause more individual havoc to the opposition.

Even when the young boys cross, they put it in the position of the defender even though the striker is moving steps away to gain positional advantage.

Another problem, we are playing deep in defence this season, which is good because it makes us stable. But we don't have the experience legs to carry the ball forward quickly. Counter attacks are killed on arrival. Oppositions regroup to crowd the striker before we get to the final third.

If Mata had pace, he would have got to the box with good great counters with just one or two defenders left. Januzaj also killed one, not that he didn't have the legs, but because he decided to dribble at the wrong time.

If I would suggest, Valencia and Young should play the right wing. Valencia' s quick legs will help us carry the ball forward faster and the oppositions would be less adventurous with his presence. If we bring a right wing forward with pace, fine. But we are shooting our legs trying to play a craft man there, it can work if our defence play a high line.

In the last few minutes we played a higher defence and with Valencia`s presence we gained the advantage to pressure.

Elampiro, shey you no dey see as the aggressive centre -forwad play in likes of aguero, suarez etc??

Isnt always so obvious these guys are always looking to make things happen in the final third?

As we both know, Rooney isnt the "hyena" kinda CF, So why does he look soo disinterested & Laid-back whenever he recieves the ball in a vantage position?

Just Admit that Rooney seems to be too fat to lead the lines bros!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
elampiro:

Part of the fault is from our attackers behind Rooney. The only one time Rooney went to the wing to cross, he looked up and gave a telling pass to Mata in the box within 8 yards of the goal. But Memphis and Januzaj were competing to see who could cause more individual havoc.

Another problem, we are playing deep in defence this season, which is good because it makes us stable. But we don't have the experience legs to carry the ball forward quickly. Counter attacks are killed on arrival. Oppositions regroup to crowd the striker before we get to the final third.

Rooney was serviced well by the midfield today. At least in the 1st half. He was unfortunate to be ruled offside wen he wasn't and the other chance he had, he played it straight to Krul.

The bolded is the only part i agree wit u. Baba shiuld move Mata to 10 and play Valencia on the wings. Januzaj is just not cut out to be in the starting 11 right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
chrisley024:
Lool! At least he's a better option dan Mata on the wings. Or better still, we play Young
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Rooney was serviced well by the midfield today. At least in the 1st half. He was unfortunate to be ruled offside wen he wasn't and the other chance he had, he played it straight to Krul.

The bolded is the only part i agree wit u. Baba shiuld move Mata to 10 and play Valencia on the wings. Januzaj is just not cut out to be in the starting 11 right now.

Which other chance did he have? I had a 5 minutes distraction in the first half. Was there a chance? The one I saw was a shot from outside of the box. That no one can blame him.

Rooney was not serviced at all. At a point he was not happy with Memphis when he shot from tight angle even though Rooney was well positioned for a close range shot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
funlord:
shocked

This van gaal sure knows how to leave a brother speechless? WTF

www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Aug/louis-van-gaal-reacts-to-manchester-united-v-newcastle.aspx
what did you expect him to say?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool! At least he's a better option dan Mata on the wings. Or better still, we play Young
Valencia is useless on that flank. Don't know why fans forget easily.

Btw, he should be played on that RW against Swansea cos of that Montero.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
"It’s also luck. I think it was a great dribble by Chicharito after getting the ball. I think you also need luck in football and it’s not only what you say about quality. I think the quality in the third phase in the crossing positions, we didn’t do so good, we didn’t make the right choices. Also we can do better with the speed of the ball and, of course, we had open chances,] alone with the goalkeeper, and we have to score there normally. But I think we were very unlucky. But we played fantastic as a team and we have fought until the end and that’s fantastic to see. I like this type of game, only the result was bad."

Gaal and I are not far apart.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
chrisley024:
Valencia is useless on that flank. Don't know why fans forget easily.

Btw, he should be played on that RW against Swansea cos of that Montero.

Valencia would have murdered Newcastle in the first half today. The amount of space left to sprint into the opposition box was shocking. We wasted so much would be counters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
angry
chrisley024:
what did you expect him to say?

Did you read what he had to say about transfers at all? Are you satisfied with his stance?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
elampiro:

Valencia would have murdered Newcastle in the first half today. The amount of space left to sprint into the opposition box was shocking. He wasted so much would be counters.
Valencia murder motor. The one every LB in EPL makes clueless just by staying on his(Valencia) right side. Abeg!

Unto da next game. A tall CB needed to pair Smalling against that Gomis while Valencia/Young plays in front of Darmian.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
funlord:
angry

Did you read what he had to say about transfers at all? Are you satisfied with his stance?
doesn't mean he's not after an attacker/striker. You don't expect him to say otherwise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
chrisley024:
Valencia murder motor. The one every LB in EPL makes clueless just by staying on his(Valencia) right side. Abeg!

Unto da next game. A tall CB needed to pair Smalling against that Gomis while Valencia/Young plays in front of Darmian.

That was when our team was not balanced. Now the defence is better, Val would do better. Valencia or Young should play the right wing with Januzaj an option to come into either wings as substitute. We cannot afford two young players in the team. The last time we had that was when Rooney and Ronaldo were in our team before 2006/7 season.

Valencia's ability to carry the ball with so much balance straight down the line is needed in this play with a deep sitting defence. Our major problem right now is the slow transition of the ball into the final third. Just look at Leicester, when they gain possession in their defence , within a blink of an eye, they are in the opposition third.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
Same player that would destroy EPL and score 30 goals, hmmmmmmmm.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
elampiro:
" I think the quality in the third phase in the crossing positions, we didn’t do so good, we didn’t make the right choices. Also we can do better with the speed of the ball and, of course, we had open chances"

Gaal and I are not far apart.

I am happy Gaal recognizes we need to transit the ball faster and make better decisions in the final third. Even if we are buying a new striker, this ones need to be fixed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
elampiro:

That was when our team was not balanced. Valencia or Young should play the right wing with Januzaj an option to come into either wings as substitute. We cannot afford two young players in the team. The last time we had that was when Rooney and Ronaldo were in our team before 2006/7 season.

Valencia's ability to carry the ball with so much balance straight down the line is needed in this play with a deep sitting defence. Our major problem right now is the slow transition of the ball into the final third. Just look at Leicester, when they gain possession in their defence , within a blink of an eye, they are in the opposition third.
that's the price of using young players. You need patience and we can't afford that now.

I don't know whose fault it's in our slow build up, the manager or players lacking the ability. This is what LvG said: "... also we can do better with the speed of the ball and,... " He has also talked about the need for a player with pace and creativity. I still give him the blame.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
Overall we played well ...

The positives

Another clean sheet today with Smalling's continued beast growth n Romero had barely nothing to do in d match ,blind was also comfortable in defense with Shaw n Darmian continuing their impressive start to the season.

We created a lot of chances in this match than we did in the last two PL matches ,we just couldn't converted it.

You might not have seen a lot of him but Morgan Schneiderlin was a beast in midfield today.

The Negatives

Juan Mata is not suited to the right wing position; we saw him drifting in midfield n leaving Darmian with all the work to do on the right wing,against a bigger opposition ,we will suffer. LVG should move him in field to his normal position.

Memphis Depay dribbles too much; In his bid to out shine his previous performance against brugge ,Memphis was trying all sorts of fancy tricks n against a defensive team like Newcastle today ,it wasn't necessary all the time as in some cases all he needed to do was to pass or cross.

Adnan Januzaj should start in cup games only; just like Depay he too was over doing things n failed to impact in the match. He should be moved to the wings if he is to continue in the 1st eleven.

We need another striker; As Wazza continued struggling in front of goal n chicharito still not given the nod ahead the captain, we need one more striker to complement the attack force. We were blunt in attack today n even though Wazza received little help from the midfield (he eventually dropped back into midfield) ,the Newcastle defenders had a field day.

We should be able to finish up our chances; In the first 20 minutes of the match, we had chances to finish off Newcastle n we didn't take them. This could cost us dearly in some situations.

Our Slow buildup play is worrisome; As the time reached the 85th minute ,We were still passing the ball at the back n this gives teams that came to defend ample time to cover all possible outlets n channels n we end up trying to pass the into the box. There should be a sense of urgency in our plays as the clock winds down. Crosses n shots should come in play so as to give the defenders a tough time n who knows a goal might pop in.

Up next Club Brugge!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
chrisley024:
that's the price of using young players. You need patience and we can't afford that now.

I don't know whose fault it's in our slow build up, the manager or players lacking the ability. This is what LvG said: "... also we can do better with the speed of the ball and,... " He has also talked about the need for a player with pace and creativity. I still give him the blame.

If we qualified for the UCL group stage, we might finally be able to bring a big singing. I still think we might get a surprise after our game on Wednesday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Maroune "Afro man" Fellaini has served his 3 match suspension n will be available next week against Swansea. At least he will bring another dimension to our attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nihilist:

Yes Valencia could have broken Colocinni's ankles with his poor crosses so that Rooney could profit.

lol... i knew we will draw today..
funlord and pataki smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
grin
Odunharry:

lol... i knew we will draw today..
funlord and pataki smh

Bros wetin na? How you go dey call my name along side a member of the animal kingdom own in the same sentence! Abi na the draw cause am? Abeg I don free una resident butt pirate for una!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) ... (14312) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.