Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,260 members, 7,877,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8909815 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) ... (14227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
chrisley024:
And to replace your team in the top 4 grin
Chelsea miss the top 4 and English slot in UCL is reduced to 2.....Since the other morons will exit at the group stages.........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mourinholic:

Chelsea miss the top 4 and English slot in UCL is reduced to 2.....Since the other morons will exit at the group stages.........

No difference if una remain. Btw, I trust Klopp in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mourinholic:

Some people will start telling us about goals and assists per game.... Bleep your goals if you can't stay fit and be available

Whats your use when you are fit and cant deliver goals and assists Like Hidden Ikedia has been doing this season

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joeace3000(m): 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
klopp - .. ...''I don't want to make it too complicated and it's very important the player can understand EASILY what you want because it's a game you have to play from here ( pointing to his heart/stomach) and not from here ( pointing to his head)

That is exactly what we need at Man Utd not a coach who wants to go all mental and Robotic. If he had allowed dimaria, falcao, van persie and chicharito to play with their hearts, they'd still be with us playing exceptional football but no Van Gaal wants tactical, boring pass it among urself, don't ever loose possession football. I watched that highlight against Bolton and i saw players who were playing with their hearts first then their head. I just pray soon we will not look at Liverpool and wish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Aside Messi's and Ronaldo's tons of goals scored per season, they most of the times stay fit and start most of their respective club games, this is one of the reasons why they have both shared 8 abi na 7 Ballon D'ors between themselves.

Getting sidelined with injury for a lengthy period reduces the chances of winning the prestigious award.

Messi is currently injured and would miss up to 2 months with injury yet he is guaranteed to win next Balon D or

While Ikedia is guaranteed to be a flop as usual

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
elampiro:

This is a narrow escape. It's not a good penalty.

Pls can I see Tevez's penalty? That his movement alone was enough to confuse the goalkeeper.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
elampiro:
Sneiderlin should be the first choice. With plenty games, his passing will improve.

Gaal doesn't think of how to stop the opposition, all he wants is how to control the game.

And this is the part that vexes me the most. At some point, we'll meet oppositions who are better at possession. If we played Barca or Bayern today, would he still want to control the game or defend and hit on the counter??

Even Barca did their own fair share of defending wen they played Bayern in the 2nd Leg of dat their 7-0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
And this is the part that vexes me the most. At some point, we'll meet oppositions who are better at possession. If we played Barca or Bayern today, would he still want to control the game or defend and hit on the counter??

Even Barca did their own fair share of defending wen they played Bayern in the 2nd Leg of dat their 7-0
If you consider our weakness in defense sometimes keeping possession can be a blessing.
It worked wonders for barca.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Joeace3000:
klopp - .. ...''I don't want to make it too complicated and it's very important the player can understand EASILY what you want because it's a game you have to play from here ( pointing to his heart/stomach) and not from here ( pointing to his head)

That is exactly what we need at Man Utd not a coach who wants to go all mental and Robotic. If he had allowed dimaria, falcao, van persie and chicharito to play with their hearts, they'd still be with us playing exceptional football but no Van Gaal wants tactical, boring pass it among urself, don't ever loose possession football. I watched that highlight against Bolton and i saw players who were playing with their hearts first then their head. I just pray soon we will not look at Liverpool and wish.
lvg has done a very good job stabilizing the team thus far. it is easy to underrate the task on his hands after Moyes left. LvG himself underrated it, hence the flurry of players towards deadline last season.

if anything, we the fans should be grateful @ this stage cuz of a singular reason; there is obvious improvement whether you'ld like to admit it or not. yes, its not swashbuckling soccer & some key elements hold the team back from time to time but we should know that LvG was hired with a clear objective; to put Man United back on firm footing & he's reiterated that he will not exceed 3 years on the job. we can tear our Ralph Lauren, swear or smash something in anger when we lose, yes nobody likes that but that should be it.

we can move forward, jog or run after his task is done but for now, standing upright is the basic & he's right on track - appreciate that!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
Liverpool should've hired Carlo Ancelotti.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
SIRcumalot:
I pray he comes to United after lvg must have left
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kolade354(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
SIRcumalot:
So if they ask you to choose between young Kloop hungry to perfrom and The Successful Ancelloti who has nothing to lose you will go for ancelloti abi........Your opinion Sha.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
funlord:
undecided

Bus parker? Is it not too early for all these your drunken master posts on a hot friday afternoon? When I adviced you too reduce your "alomo featuring paraga" intake so as to preserve your sanity you refused and started screaming chelsea 4 life at me! Now look at what you have posted! Are you happy with how your logic looks to others now? Gbefun!
Liverpool might win the 21st Pl before United and he is crying like I stole his toy....

Or is it another part of my post that caused this heavy downpour of tears??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Kolade354:
So if they ask you to choose between young Kloop hungry to perfrom and The Successful Ancelloti who has nothing to lose you will go for ancelloti abi........Your opinion Sha.
You follow age na why.
Remove age from the equation who is the better coach ?
Ancelotti don win for everywhere playing different style of football + EPL experience.
Klopp is said to play a very high intensity game how that will reflect in a very athletic league is yet to be seen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
funlord:
grin

Responding to this mong above me is a waste of time and mb!

**sips ice filled henny while waiting 4 my scared homey to select his team on pro 16**!

Is there any way i can get pro 16 online?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kolade354(m): 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
SIRcumalot:

You follow age na why.
Remove age from the equation who is the better coach ?
Ancelotti don win for everywhere playing different style of football + EPL experience.
Klopp is said to play a very high intensity game how that will reflect in a very athletic league is yet to be seen.
Ancelotti is a good coach no doubt but Klopp will Perfrom better than him.....Ancelotti is more of a cheque manager like MOU,Pep and co but klopp is a man who spend less money than Rodgers and he won the league with Dortmund.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Peter325ukay(m): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
I'll always be a red D

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Joeace3000:

Sorry tor quoting you dude, cos you might not like it;
I think the mentioned Players in your comment are presently playing with the reflection of their heartbeat on their respective chests?! No wonder RVP is playing regularly at Fernerbache, Chicharito banging Goals for Leverkusen, Di-Maria becoming the Paris-Messi, and Falcao leading the Premier League Goal chart!
I'm ain't saying LVG is the best..... but it's simply the best for the Club at the moment. I'm not a Fan of his philosophy but it's working gradually like PMB leadership style!
Getting rid of the aforementioned Players was the best decision for the Club!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
chrisley024:
big lie. They're simply the best.

so, u don't agree staying fit nd playing well isn't part of why dey have been able to win these award multiple times
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
funlord:
grin

So "injuries dem dey plan am?" Have you not heard of human physiology? Michaeal owen was a perennial injury master but he still won the european golden ball even while missing parts of the 2001 season that he won it! aguero, cr7 and messi are not brothers so their injury records must differ! Even messi is out for 2 months now!

U didn't get my point very well, there was a season Messi got injured, his injury made it easy for Ronaldo to win it.

When you get injured often and miss major matches for your team while ur other contenders are playing well, except u av a really strong one over them, it will be hard for you to be crowned winner, u myt be consoled with the 1st runner up award.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Noted!
funlord:
cool

Ose baba! And next time DO NOT apologise before you are about to drop science on some ones post online!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Chelseafan1:

so, u don't agree staying fit nd playing well isn't part of why dey have been able to win these award multiple times
It is but others staying fit would bring no difference.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
SIRcumalot:

If you consider our weakness in defense sometimes keeping possession can be a blessing.
It worked wonders for barca.
Lool! Really?? U used Barca as example angry
U(We) cant even begin to compare the quality of players in Barca in the last 5 yrs to the quality of players at United in the same time period. Barca had/have players better suited to playing the possession(tiki-taka) type of football than United. And now keeping so much possession is becoming overrated if teams can defend en masse against it.
Which was d mistake LVG made against Arsenal. Going out to attack dem was a prelude for disaster. Afterall we beat dem last season wit a weaker team just by defending and playing on the counter....

Sure our possessive gameplay can come in handy against some teams. But against tougher opponents, we'd always be found out.(Swansea and Arsenal)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Liverpool vs Spurs nxt week should be a good watch. Be interesting to see how Klopp changes things for them scouses
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Liverpool vs Spurs nxt week should be a good watch. Be interesting to see how Klopp changes things for them scouses

Must-watch match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Messi is currently injured and would miss up to 2 months with injury yet he is guaranteed to win next Balon D or

While Ikedia is guaranteed to be a flop as usual

How many times have Robben and Ribery made top 3, when was the last time sef?

What about Muller? why didn't these trio make 2015 European top 10?

Don't run away, answer on a postcard or maybe dey don't derseve to make the list cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool! Really?? U used Barca as example angry
U(We) cant even begin to compare the quality of players in Barca in the last 5 yrs to the quality of players at United in the same time period. Barca had/have players better suited to playing the possession(tiki-taka) type of football than United. And now keeping so much possession is becoming overrated if teams can defend en masse against it.
Which was d mistake LVG made against Arsenal. Going out to attack dem was a prelude for disaster. Afterall we beat dem last season wit a weaker team just by defending and playing on the counter....

Sure our possessive gameplay can come in handy against some teams. But against tougher opponents, we'd always be found out.(Swansea and Arsenal)
Should've made my point clearer.
What am saying is keeping the ball is a good way of protecting our defence.
It worked for barca in the sense that Mascherano and pique aren't elite defender but the squad as whole concede less goals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) ... (14227) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.