Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,164 members, 7,877,323 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 04:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8908027 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
coogar:

until vermaelen/mascherano marshal the barca defence single-handedly in a cup final like pique has done on 3 occasions, they should never be mentioned in the same breath as pique!

your propensity to stretch the borders of insanity is peerless. you first argued pique has never bossed an el clasico......now you are asking how many he's bossed?

how can you have a bad game & keep clean sheet at the top level? you think this is norwich vs bournemouth? cheesy grin so are you saying boateng had a bad game in 2014 world cup final in spite of his clean sheet?

unless he is scoring awoof penalties - something i constantly deride hazard, lampard, gerrard, etc for. they would stink the whole joint for 90 mins & still manage to score cos an opponent handled the ball in the area.

however, i have not seen a game where ronaldo scored from open play & not perform. hell, even if ronaldo did not score in a game, you can be assured he has peppered the opponents goal with at least half a dozen shots!
No argument from me concerning vermaleen and Company.
The fact that barca bought an injury prone Vermaleen that can't start over the corpse of Mertesacker tells you how much barcelona values defence.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
Still on this Pique matter?? U guys should keep it up jare wink

Who knows. This thread night just reach 3000 pages by the new year cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
coogar:

just count the blocks, clearances, interceptions and tackles. when united kept a clean sheet for 1000+ mins, how many shots did VDS handle? it was vidic that stood between the ball & our goal. in many of those games, VDS had no single save to make....

What about casillas?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
airmark:

Ronaldo has never disgraced Terry like this before grin grin grin

grin grin

See as Pique dey slide go wit his hands above his head.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
homesteady:

I'm surely not going to indulge you in this your fetish for posting silly gifs and videos!
Every player has moments of shame!

Shey it was Terry that was nutmegged 3 times in less than 13 minutes against liverpool?

Yes it will be a silly gif as it exposed your silly defender completely erased by ronaldo without even raising his leg. His whole body got ferried away by the grass. I don't rate defenders who could not stand on their foot when an attacker sold a mild dummy to them, especially when they have not yet crossed 30 years of age. Though, i rate him higher than boatank , who at the sight of messi's boot will be rolling on the ground like an epileptic patient. I have seen greater defenders at their peaks, i can differentiate black from white, so bounce.

AdeLaNa1:
grin grin
See as Pique dey slide go wit his hands above his head.

I dont know if he was carried away by ronaldo's well-polished boots or by the grass. grin grin grin Meanwhile, Pique confirmed that it was puyol always correcting him of his blunders. Sometimes shouting at him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
Mourinholic:
Sometimes I think Coogar just tag along with DAYO to avoid facing him and in return ramdueter stay clear United players.....

Lampard and Gerrard won nothing for England ,so therefore they aren't world class.....but Scholes is world class because he won England the WWE,UCL,LA liga,Moto GP and Headies.....

If only you know that I've never argued with anyone as much as half of what I've done with coogar

Go and ask ppl here. They've created threads for us specially in the past.

A poster the owner of nairabet even placed monetary rewards as incentive on who would win between us to analyze champions league matches.

Coogar has earned his stripes here like no one has
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
Lemme just drop this here lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Martial: "I think we can win the Premier League and the Champions League this season. We are among the top five clubs in Europe." #MUFC

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
airmark:

Yes it will be a silly gif as it exposed your silly defender completely erased by ronaldo without even raising his leg. His whole body got ferried away by the grass. I don't rate defenders who could not stand on their foot when an attacker sold a mild dummy to them, especially when they have not yet crossed 30 years of age. Though, i rate him higher than boatank , who at the sight of messi's boot will be rolling on the ground like an epileptic patient. I have seen greater defenders at their peaks, i can differentiate black from white, so bounce.

And I don't rate defenders who can't keep their legs shut even to save their careers!
After opening his legs to sleep with his teammate girlfriend, he still opened his legs to be rapped by Suarez and Andy Carroll 3 times in 13 minutes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
homesteady:

And I don't rate defenders who can't keep their legs shut even to save their careers!
After opening his legs to sleep with his teammate girlfriend, he still opened his legs to be rapped by Suarez and Andy Carroll 3 times in 13 minutes

I think terry has a fetish for average footballers

At least pique is getting disgraced by ronaldo the best player in the world and not by Rondon Ayew and Andy Carroll

Terry is a fraud who hides behind capable partners
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
angry

Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
O ga o. You leave NL for 24 hours and you meet a ton of comments by the time you check back. Kilode?

P.ike Teri Boteng...all of them are otu undecided OTU Yamayama
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
Since joining Man United, Mata has the best chance conversion rate (32%) of any Premier League player to have scored 10+ goals. - Squawka
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
SIRcumalot:

No argument from me concerning vermaleen and Company.
The fact that barca bought an injury prone Vermaleen that can't start over the corpse of Mertesacker tells you how much barcelona values defence.

the same vermaelen that dumped man utd for barcelona. it must mean we don't value our defence as well.....

Leyqute:
Since joining Man United, Mata has the best chance conversion rate (32%) of any Premier League player to have scored 10+ goals. - Squawka

mata has the best finishing of all the attacking midfielders in the prem. david silva is the emperor of through balls, ozil is the king of cushioned passes, fabregas owns the land when it comes to long raking balls. hazard is the king of padding the stats with penalty kicks. grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
homesteady:

Mr man, El classico is the biggest league game in the world, so its not just any game!

Clap for yourself!

homesteady:

Chelsea park the bus system is also used to cover the deficiencies of their defenders, agreed?

what sort of moronic question is this?? whats the primary objective of a team that employs clearly defensive tactics? How exactly does chelsea's tactics correlate with Pique's Uselessness as a CB?

since it's apparent you fail to pay attention to details, lemme post this again for the last time..

PepGuardiola:
We play in the other team's half as much as possible because I get worried when the ball is in my half," he says. "We're a horrible team without the ball so I want us to get it back as soon as possible and I'd rather give away fouls and the ball in their half than ours.

If the manager himself said this, how else do you want us to force it into your brain that Pique (and other useless players in Barca's defensive unit) benefited from the system that clearly masked their weaknesses?

homesteady:

[s]During Roma vs Barcelona match, Roma parked a double decker bus, their defenders looked so good and were bringing back memories of Maldini, but during their match against ordinary Bate, they played a normal game and they were flogged 3-0 before half time, it was a comedy of errors, their was no bus to cover up their deficiencies! They were exposed like how Chelsea was been exposed during AVB's tenure![/s]

And of what relevance is this meaningless epistle?

It isnt by force to post, oga..

homesteady:

Na wa ohh!
Didn't you read were I said he had the 2nd highest no of clean sheets and 2nd least goals conceded in Bundesliga immediately after saving the club from relegation the previous season?
Is this one moment of brilliance? undecided undecided

You are painfully idiotic (No offence)....
Lukasz Fabianski & Simon Mignolet had more clean sheets than De Gea last season. By your warped reasoning, we should say that **********

homesteady:

[s]Stop displaying your ignorance about players you don't know, it's not a crime not to know all footballers! This guy was arguably the best keeper in UCL last season, he even saved a PK against man city!
Apart from his sharp reflex, his distribution of the ball is world class, many players in your team will blush at his passing skills, he is a sweeper keeper!
He has made some mistakes this early season, coupled with the series of injuries that has been blighting barcelona defense, he is a young keeper and still learning[/s]!

spare us the redundant Ph.d thesis, Signore....

Ter Stergen is wack as furk, QED!!

homesteady:

Your defense is very useless, Arsenal annihilated it in less than 19 minutes, since barcelona defensive technique can be used to cover for 'useless' defenders, why has your Van gaal not yet adopted the system? Should I tell you why?

Because he knows even Lobi stars will scatter them if he tries it with this current crop of defenders. He knows only special defenders can cope with the system and not every tom, dićk and Harry can cope!

This has to be the daftest piece of bollocks i have read in a while....

By your retarded logic, since the likes of Mascherano & Abidal have thrived in this system, they are "special" Defenders

I have really over-estimated your IQ...

homesteady:

The question is as simple as ABC! When Barcelona won bayern, people blamed his highline defense, because he was playing against the best trio in the world, and he was expected to tell his tell his defense line to drop deep! it was trending on twitter.
That shows you how risky and difficult it is to play in a highline defense, yet Piqué made his name in such a system! He played against the former best attacking trio(BBC) with the same highline and still bossed many games

Made a name in a system that saw Yaya Toure Boss a UCL final? In the same system where Abidal also "bossed" at CB - The system that has seen the seamless conversion of Mascherano to a CB?

homesteady:

You are a very confused person ohh, a keeper has shined in worldcup, copa America, and la liga, what more are you asking for? is it until he saves your girlfriend from dumping you before you know he is a good keeper? SMH

Its pretty evident the uselessness and cluelessness synonymous with Barcelona goalies over the past 10 years is beginning to manifest in that shallow mind of yours...

how can any sane mind rate Bravo in the comity of good goalies? Guy.. Football Punditry isnt by force. Go and look for a thread where Ludo or Drafts is the main subject of discourse & stop constituting a nuisance here!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
airmark:

Ronaldo has never disgraced Terry like this before grin grin grin

Dissallowed goal.

Nani got his head on it on the line and he was offside. Nani na Falconet's Ayila.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
elampiro:

Dissallowed goal.

Nani got his head on it on the line and he was offside. Nani na Falconet's Ayila.

Nani was a goat. That would have been one of ronaldo's best goals of his career. He was so angry that he immediately dropped the captain's band on the ground. That drama involved 3 actors, ronaldo, nani and pique who was swimming without water.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
Anyone seen the Herrera to Barcelona rumours?
Time to get worried?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
coogar:

RVP, yakubu, ronaldinho(all of them are ronaldo's inferiors) and they sodomised terry in a worse way.
How can u call ronaldinho Ronaldo's inferior especially in terms of dribbling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
airmark:

Nani was a goat. That would have been one of ronaldo's best goals of his career. He was so angry that he immediately dropped the captain's band on the ground. That drama involved 3 actors, ronaldo, nani and pique who was swimming without water.
Bwahaha swimming without water...

You beautiful legend!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
PietroRico:
Time to get worried?
when Oga Philosopher no wan use am nko he's the single man who want a United rise but doesn't see Herrera's skill set as exactly what the team should employ.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
Dadehmola:

Clap for yourself!

what sort of moronic question is this?? whats the primary objective of a team that employs clearly defensive tactics? How exactly does chelsea's tactics correlate with Pique's Uselessness as a CB?

since it's apparent you fail to pay attention to details, lemme post this again for the last time..

And of what relevance is this meaningless epistle?

It isnt by force to post, oga..

My man you are not a pregnant woman, you are just behaving like your hormones are high!
Get a grip of yourself and argue like a sane person.

You are trying to belittle Pique's achievement by saying it's the system that is helping him, and I'm countering your points by saying Defensive systems is what makes chelsea defenders look good!
I have given valid reference points - AVB's era and I also gave a very recent example of Roma! Instead of you to also reasonably counter my points, you are asking me silly questions!

If the manager himself said this, how else do you want us to force it into your brain that Pique (and other useless players in Barca's defensive unit) benefited from the system that clearly masked their weaknesses?

Jeezzz.... is this rocket science? if you can't understand this simple comment he made, then I shouldn't be surprised that you've been giving rubbish, off replies to my posts
Which sensible coach would be happy for his team to lose the ball especially when all his players are attack-minded, small players? the Full backs are always bombing forward, all the players are so high up the pitch, even the goalkeeper is high up his 18-box....... They don't have the luxury of forming 2 defensive lines of 4's when they lose the ball like every other team, and thats what every team is taking advantage of.

You are painfully idiotic (No offence)....
Lukasz Fabianski & Simon Mignolet had more clean sheets than De Gea last season. By your warped reasoning, we should say that **********

spare us the redundant Ph.d thesis, Signore....

Ter Stergen is wack as furk, QED!!

And you are painfully moronic! For petes sake I gave 3 points
1) 2nd highest clean sheets
2) 2nd least conceeded goals
3) Save the club from relegation the previous season
And all you could do was muster this mixture of garbage?

This has to be the daftest piece of bollocks i have read in a while....

By your retarded logic, since the likes of Mascherano & Abidal have thrived in this system, they are "special" Defenders

I have really over-estimated your IQ...

Made a name in a system that saw Yaya Toure Boss a UCL final? In the same system where Abidal also "bossed" at CB - The system that has seen the seamless conversion of Mascherano to a CB?
There is no need for this beating around the bush!
Your team defense is very useless, why hasn't your coach adopted the barcelona system of covering the deficiencies of average defenders? after all, the system has won barcelona 2 trebles - tested and trusted

pretty evident the uselessness and cluelessness synonymous with Barcelona goalies over the past 10 years is beginning to manifest in that shallow mind of yours...

how can any sane mind rate Bravo in the comity of good goalies? Guy.. Football Punditry isnt by force. Go and look for a thread where Ludo or Drafts is the main subject of discourse & stop constituting a nuisance here!!
You can keep your sad opinion to yourself! Sensible people have acknowledged Bravo's bravado, he has made the best 11 of all competitions he played last season! You can keep your unknown -Dadehmola 'comity' of good goalies to yourself!

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
SailorXY:

when Oga Philosopher no wan use am nko he's the single man who want a United rise but doesn't see Herrera's skill set as exactly what the team should employ.
It's really frustrating watching how he's trying to frustrate the poor guy..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
PietroRico:
Time to get worried?
After frustrating him on the bench.....
Even without that,Barca to a Spaniard will always be heaven
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
Airmark is already my NL moniker of the year!!!!
So much class that he cant stop schooling them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
Mourinholic:
Airmark is already my NL moniker of the year!!!!
So much class that he cant stop schooling them

Bredrin tell me about it. Homesteady is running a close second. I was moaning the other day about how the sports section is dying, but these boys are bringing some solid punditry and wittiness.

I'm a fan!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
homesteady:

My man you are not a pregnant woman, you are just behaving like your hormones are high!
Get a grip of yourself and argue like a sane person.

Oh shut your traps, you painfully ignorant dolt. You came here with the moronic views atypical of premature runts like yourself and you think say we go swallow am hook-line & sinker? Where you think say you dey? this isnt your regular palmwine joint where you wow drunkards like yourself with your deluded opinions so as to sound informed.

homesteady:

You are trying to belittle Pique's achievement by saying it's the system that is helping him, and I'm countering your points by saying Defensive systems is what makes chelsea defenders look good!
I have given valid reference points - AVB's era and I also gave a very recent example of Roma! Instead of you to also reasonably counter my points, you are asking me silly questions!

how does this relate to the fact that pique virtually has little or nothing to do defensively because xavi, iniesta et al are busy passing & probing the opposing team to frustration, covering up his status as a mediocre defender in the process? Dem use stuupidity swear for you?

homesteady:

Jeezzz.... is this rocket science? if you can't understand this simple comment he made, then I shouldn't be surprised that you've been giving rubbish, off replies to my posts
Which sensible coach would be happy for his team to lose the ball especially when all his players are attack-minded, small players? the Full backs are always bombing forward, all the players are so high up the pitch, even the goalkeeper is high up his 18-box....... They don't have the luxury of forming 2 defensive lines of 4's when they lose the ball like every other team, and thats what every team is taking advantage of.

In a bid to sound knowledgeable, this semi-literate Dopey hasn't failed to disappoint us with another set of dumb analysis yet again...

Stop describing the tactics pep employed to cover up the inadequacies of useless pique & the likes, you foool.

homesteady:

For petes sake I gave 3 points
[s]1) 2nd highest clean sheets
2) 2nd least conceeded goals
3) Save the club from relegation the previous season
[/s]?

e no go better for that witch wey use stupidity swear for you....

what has this gotta do with the fact that he's sure to continue the cycle of mediocre goalies that have been synonymous with Barca for close to 15years (till date)??

homesteady:

There is no need for this beating around the bush!
Your team defense is very useless, why hasn't your coach adopted the barcelona system of covering the deficiencies of average defenders? after all, the system has won barcelona 2 trebles - tested and trusted

And who said the system hasnt worked, you glorified 1diot?? Is that the issue??

I ask again ... yaya toure, Mascherano & Abidal have also thrived in this system - are they also "special" like pique??

homesteady:

You can keep your sad opinion to yourself! Sensible people have acknowledged Bravo's bravado, he has made the best 11 of all competitions he played last season! You can keep your unknown -Dadehmola 'comity' of good goalies to yourself!

Bravo's mediocrity is actually higher than the rank stupidity permanently infused into your pathetic soul. For you to have babbled your 1st words at age 15, The sky is truly the limit for your fooolishness, You fat dullard!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CapitalCee(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.