Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,298 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8933186 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
I still think Moyes would have been ok only IF he built and ran the team to his own mould.

With him, we may have ended up with players like big Duncan Fergie or Jan Koller, Lee Cattermole, Distin and Titus Bramble in UTD shirt. We may have been playing "crazy don" style footie, but at the end of the day, you let a manager run his ship the way he knows how to. Isn't that what we are allowing LVG do now!?

For the record, he had a decent first season with Sociedad... Actually took them up from relegation to midtable. How convenient that y'all didn't remember that!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
coogar:

mata? may heaven bless him.

mata - 4 goals, 3 assists(949 mins)
wazza - 2 goals, 0 assist(982 mins)

mata gets £140,000 per week, rooney gets £300,000 per week. #liability
wazza 4 goals in champs league mata 0 mata should be paid in cfa franks uber useless how many epl has super mata won fabregas and hazard have won for their club
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2015

The number 9 is the victim of wingless system with slow build up. Not every 9 will thrive under this system. Poachers will fail. Only ball playing 9 can manage to thrive.

Look at when United us building, when we get the ball across the centre line even to final third, the number 9 is almost isolated in front of the box tucked between centre defenders. On the maximum we have two players there but always outnumbered greatly. The wingers are far off from the box area. Full backs and wingers marrying the touch line.

In comparison, Arsenal and City get 5 or 6 players speedily encircle the operation penalty box, with even three inside once they push forward into the final third.

This is not to mean that I am criticizing our system though. It's a good system as we have started to move the ball faster. With world class wingers we will be just fine.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=coogar post=39882143]

he agrees with that but it doesn't make bayern weak......granted, it makes their league victory easier but how do you explain the fact that bayern rammed arsēnal to almost coma? arsenal should be grateful football is only 90 mins. if it's like 150 mins, arsenal woulda conceded at least 9 goals in that game. grin

chicharito's team is placed 8th on the table. the theory that he plays for a top team is not valid. chicharito with a run of games is a deadly striker. LVG completely fücked up selling him and keeping the fat cow.

martial isn't supposed to be playing these many games. we will burn him out at this rate.....if we had a competent poacher, martial' number of minutes why is leverkusen suffering defeat here and there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2015

The number 9 is the victim of wingless system with slow build up. Not every 9 will thrive under this system. Poachers will fail. Only ball playing 9 can manage to thrive.

Look at when United us building, when we get the ball across the centre line even to final third, the number 9 is almost isolated in front of the box tucked between centre defenders. On the maximum we have two players there but always outnumbered greatly. The wingers are far off from the box area. Full backs and wingers marrying the touch line.

In comparison, Arsenal and City get 5 or 6 players speedily encircle the opposition penalty box, with even three inside once they push forward into the final third.

This is not to mean that I am criticizing our system though. It's a good system as we have started to move the ball faster. With world class wingers we will be just fine.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=elampiro post=39889112][color=#000099]

Look at when United us building, when we get the ball across the centre line even to final third, the number is almost isolated in front of the box tucked between centre defenders. On the maximum we have two players there but always outnumbered greatly. The wingers are far off from the box area. Full backs and wingers marrying the touch line.

In comparison, Arsenal and City get 5 or 6 players speedily encircle the operation penalty box, with even three inside once they push forward into the final third.

dimaria came and flopped, depay is a flop already cant wait for lvg to leave he has set united back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baritone(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
i feel nostalgic watching videoclips [size=28pt]The shy genius Scholes[/size]. A midfield with this guy would unlock the current overhyped ManUtd defence. Begs the question of how far we have fallen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
coogar:

he didn't even cover himself in any glory at everton. he won nothing in 11 seasons there........the media made us believe he was over-achieving at everton and we bought the lie.......until martinez went to everton and did much better!
what did martinez achieve in everton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
even ronaldo and messi would end up shitty lvg he is a mistake of a gaffer, spent so much to lose 3 times to swansea in a row, crash 5 3 to liecester city lose at ot to arsenal still crashed 3 0 to arsenal, raped 4 0 by mkdons, sold the spine of united only to buy wannabes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
nyabinghi:
what did martinez achieve in everton

he finished above man utd. moyes never did in 11 seasons. martinez won a league game at old trafford. moyes didn't win a single league game at OT, highbury/emirates, stamford bridge or at anfield in his 11 seasons as an everton manager.

moyes is a failure! cheesy

nyabinghi:
wazza 4 goals in champs league mata 0 mata should be paid in cfa franks uber useless how many epl has super mata won fabregas and hazard have won for their club

3 of those goals are pre-UCL that will not even count on the scorer's charts. rooney is the #9 and yet mata has outscored him in the league from a deeper position.

how useless is rooney? cheesy

nyabinghi:
even ronaldo and messi would end up shitty lvg he is a mistake of a gaffer, spent so much to lose 3 times to swansea in a row, crash 5 3 to liecester city lose at ot to arsenal still crashed 3 0 to arsenal, raped 4 0 by mkdons, sold the spine of united only to buy wannabes

but when martial led the line, the chances suddenly appeared from nowhere. our only problem is rooney - this is why united fans on twitter are appealing to rooney's wife to stop having sex with wazza until wazza bags a hatrick!

rooney = liability!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
answer these questions how many goals did mata score against city,arsenal, everton, wolfsburg liverpool,cska
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
martinez relegated wigan moyes didnt relegate his team,lvg spent 7 times that of moyes yet arsenal keeps raping his team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
nyabinghi:

Rooney has been our top scorer in the last two seasons, and he is mostly likely to end our top scorer baring injuries. Under Moyes despite being injured and playing many minutes in the deep he ended top of our scorers chart. He was also was highest in Asists.

SAF is backing him to get into gear this season. Apart from Martial he is still most likely to get us goals. A proven player is a proven player.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
nyabinghi:
answer these questions how many goals did mata score against city,arsenal, everton, wolfsburg liverpool,cska

mata isn't a striker but he's outscored our lead striker in the league. shame on rooney!

nyabinghi:
martinez relegated wigan moyes didnt relegate his team,lvg spent 7 times that of moyes yet arsenal keeps raping his team

so why did martinez get a lucrative job after wigan got relegated? martinez won the FA cup in 12/13 season. moyes won nothing in 11 seasons at everton! grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
RuuDie:
I still think Moyes would have been ok only IF he built and ran the team to his own mould.

With him, we may have ended up with players like big Duncan Fergie or Jan Koller, Lee Cattermole, Distin and Titus Bramble in UTD shirt. We may have been playing "crazy don" style footie, but at the end of the day, you let a manager run his ship the way he knows how to. Isn't that what we are allowing LVG do now!?

For the record, he had a decent first season with Sociedad... Actually took them up from relegation to midtable. How convenient that y'all didn't remember that!

I like Moyes, but he never ran a ship before, he captained a small sail boat so how do you let him bring his own team/style to run a cruise liner when he's never ran one before in his own image?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:02am On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=coogar post=39890874]

mata isn't a striker but he's outscored our lead striker in the league. shame on rooney!

so why did martinez get a lucrative job after wigan got relegated? martinez won the FA cup in 12/13 shame on mata he failed to win epl since ever something kagawa did in his debut season,fab4 and haz10 have won for chelsea, mata was seen as a liability by mou and was sold off and later chelsea got improved result let him outscore wazza in europe, is mahrez a striker, he earns lower than mata but shits on mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:06am On Nov 11, 2015
coogar so u now count penalties to back ur mata but slate hazard and wazza for same penalties, tell me how depay is beasting epl
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:09am On Nov 11, 2015
depay got united just 2 goals all season what odion ighalo achieved in just 17 minutes lvg deserved to be shot for this sham and scam
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:05am On Nov 11, 2015
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho agrees to replace Louis van Gaal at Manchester United... grin

Man Utd Would adopt Moutinho's favorite tactics: "pack the bus"... grin

Rooney - DM... grin

Even Martial - RB... grin

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/618477/Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-Manchester-United-Manager-News-Gossip

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 11, 2015
RuuDie:
I still think Moyes would have been ok only IF[s] he built and ran the team to his own mould[/s] stayed the hell at Everton.

Sorry i had to edit this.

I do not agree with the above.

He dismantled the backroom staff and appointed his lackeys.
So it's not like he didn't have the freedom to do what he wanted, but because he has nothing upstairs, he bungled that opportunity, even with a side that was league defending champions.

On the matter of him running the ship, the job of Man. United manager is NOT for all and sundry.

As per his first season with Sociedad, where did he end up? mid-table, as is his usual position.
And if he was as good as some of us think he is, why couldn't he conjure up the same magic this season?

For all we want to say about LvG,both good and bad, he has earned the right to do things any way he likes. His career resume speaks for itself. Moyes cannot and should not be allowed to do anything his way till he wins a trophy. He shouldnt even coach a sunday league team sef.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:31am On Nov 11, 2015
u guys defending Moyes have no shame.. I mean how on earth. u could bodly see in Moyes' eyes, d player's faces that they were quite struggling that season..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2015
1. "I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had. I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year (that) the fixtures have been made much more difficult. I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure. But if it is a hard start for Manchester United, it is a hard start for everyone else because they have to play us.’’
This was Moyes' reaction to the fixture list before the season even began and the first tip-off that he might be out of his depth. Yes David, the fixture computer has become sentient and it has decided that 13 Premier League titles for Man United are fine, but 14? No way. (Meanwhile, Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore recently said that Man United's struggles this season "affect the Premier League brand."wink As for that last line, well, try to stop laughing long enough to take a breath every few minutes.
2. "I don't know what we have to do to win. We played well today."
This came after a 2-1 loss at Stoke in February (Man United's eighth loss of the season). Yes, this was only a colloquialism of exasperation that followed a bit of legitimately bad luck, but does he know people (including his own players) are hearing the words he says into microphones? He knows they're not his personal voice diaries, right?
3. "Their league position suggests they are ahead of us and they possibly do come here as favorites. Liverpool are having a very good season and we will have to do everything we possibly can to beat them."
Moyes uttered this blasphemy before Liverpool went to Old Trafford . Sure, it was a correct statement, but how pathetic do you have to be to publicly state that your club's fiercest rivals are probably going to beat you in your own stadium? This even caught Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers off guard and he used to work with Jose Mourinho.
4. "I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time. I think we need to play better. We're needing to come up a couple of levels at the moment and we're not quite there."
Having already licked the boots of one rival, Moyes decided to go for the double after losing to Man City for the second time this season. As Moyes stated before the season began, Man United are the reigning league champions. They've also won 13 titles in the last 20 years. City have one won in the last 50 years. Man United established a standard under Moyes' predecessor. City are doing well. But it turns out David was only getting warmed up with his inadvertent insults of his own club.
5. "I actually think if Sir Alex was here this year it would be difficult for Sir Alex as well, and I'm sure he'd be aware of it. I think people are aware there's a squad that is a bit more aging, so I think it would have been a tough season for probably whoever was in charge of Manchester United this year."
.. https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/sports/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/david-moyes--five-most-regrettable-quotes-this-season-020145822.html?orig_host_hdr=sports.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.lang=en-US&_device=tablet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2015
chidexxy007:
1. "I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had. I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year (that) the fixtures have been made much more difficult. I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure. But if it is a hard start for Manchester United, it is a hard start for everyone else because they have to play us.’’
This was Moyes' reaction to the fixture list before the season even began and the first tip-off that he might be out of his depth. Yes David, the fixture computer has become sentient and it has decided that 13 Premier League titles for Man United are fine, but 14? No way. (Meanwhile, Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore recently said that Man United's struggles this season "affect the Premier League brand."wink As for that last line, well, try to stop laughing long enough to take a breath every few minutes.
This came after a 2-1 loss at Stoke in February (Man United's eighth loss of the season). Yes, this was only a colloquialism of exasperation that followed a bit of legitimately bad luck, but does he know people (including his own players) are hearing the words he says into microphones? He knows they're not his personal voice diaries, right?
3. "Their league position suggests they are ahead of us and they possibly do come here as favorites. Liverpool are having a very good season and we will have to do everything we possibly can to beat them."
Moyes uttered this blasphemy before Liverpool went to Old Trafford . Sure, it was a correct statement, but how pathetic do you have to be to publicly state that your club's fiercest rivals are probably going to beat you in your own stadium? This even caught Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers off guard and he used to work with Jose Mourinho.
4. "I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time. I think we need to play better. We're needing to come up a couple of levels at the moment and we're not quite there."
Having already licked the boots of one rival, Moyes decided to go for the double after losing to Man City for the second time this season. As Moyes stated before the season began, Man United are the reigning league champions. They've also won 13 titles in the last 20 years. City have one won in the last 50 years. Man United established a standard under Moyes' predecessor. City are doing well. But it turns out David was only getting warmed up with his inadvertent insults of his own club.
5. "I actually think if Sir Alex was here this year it would be difficult for Sir Alex as well, and I'm sure he'd be aware of it. I think people are aware there's a squad that is a bit more aging, so I think it would have been a tough season for probably whoever was in charge of Manchester United this year."
.. https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/sports/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/david-moyes--five-most-regrettable-quotes-this-season-020145822.html?orig_host_hdr=sports.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.lang=en-US&_device=tablet

And these near-juvenile remarks supposedly come from someone we expect to take United to the next level.

The prosecution rests.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 190theclown: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2015
coogar:

are you still @leamington spa?

No sir, im at Rugby smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2015
I gave up on Moyes after City beat us 3-0 at Old Trafford and the idîot said "City is a team United want to aspire to be like".

This was a City team we were better than by 11 points the previous season and now he says that kind of nonsense.

I remember being so pissed that day dat i almost wanted to smash my phone on the floor after watching his post match interview
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2015
chidexxy007:
I didn't even know chidex already beat me to it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2015
grin

Only 'award winning _retards' would even 'attempt' 2 defend 'miserable moyes'! _Fuck outta here with that bull_shit!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2015
190theclown:

No sir, im at Rugby smiley

Ahh black people dey rugby?

The only ones I ever saw there were at the prisons at Onley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I gave up on Moyes after City beat us 3-0 at Old Trafford and the idîot said "City is a team United want to aspire to be like".

This was a City team we were better than by 11 points the previous season and now he says that kind of nonsense.

I remember being so pissed that day dat i almost wanted to smash my phone on the floor after watching his post match interview
3matches defined Moyes reign Fulham 2v2, Liverpool and man city both 3:0 and yet some peepz gat the liver to come defend dat guy?... SMHvigorously
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 8:49am On Nov 11, 2015
Ferdinand on Moyes..
.. “Moyes’s innovations mostly led to negativity and confusion. The biggest confusion was over how he wanted us to move the ball forward. Some players felt they kicked the ball long more than at any time in their career.
“Sometimes our main tactic was the long, high, diagonal cross. It was embarrassing. In one home game against Fulham we had 81 crosses! I was thinking, why are we doing this? Andy Carroll doesn’t play for us!
“The whole approach was alien. Other times Moyes wanted lots of passing. He’d say: 'Today I want us to have 600 passes in the game. Last week it was only 400’. Who cares? I’d rather score five goals from 10 passes.”..
“He tried to impose a vision but never seemed to be completely clear what that vision should be,” Ferdinand said. “Unintentionally, he created a negative vibe where, with Fergie, it had always been positive. It was always how to stop the other side. Moyes set us up not to lose. We’d been accustomed to playing to win..
“Before every game he made a point of showing us videos of how dangerous the other team could be,” Ferdinand added. “On the morning of a game we'd spend half an hour on the training ground, drilling to stop them.
“There was so much attention to the subject it suddenly became a worry - they must be f*****g good at this to have us spend all this time on it.”..
@the last quote, how on earth? from a man utd manager?...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2015
chidexxy007:
u guys defending Moyes have no shame.. I mean how on earth. u could bodly see in Moyes' eyes, d player's faces that they were quite struggling that season..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:00am On Nov 11, 2015
chidexxy007:
Moyes isn't charismatic and a very unlucky guy
He probably should have never left Everton.
Hiring the guy was a failed attempt to continue this "long term manager" style that left once SAF retired.
LVG should retire after next season we should already have is successor in mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.