Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,013 members, 7,980,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 06:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9246893 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2514) (2515) (2516) (2517) (2518) (2519) (2520) ... (14420) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
grin otamendi and mangaLa are not better than phiL jones and blind daley in the CB position.
.4get teeth wey i de shine, 'M damn serious. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Jose Mourinho :

Rumours dey talk say na 5 years.

May be no matter what happens now, Mourinho will replace Gaal in May the latest. My thinking based on the way things are right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
What exactly does Yaya Toure do in this City team!!? Na "names" dey kill people sometimes sha... I get am before no be property.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
RuuDie:
What exactly does Yaya Toure do in this City team!!? Na "names" dey kill people sometimes sha... I get am before no be property.
na only Yaya toure you see?? delph fernandinho silva and de bruyne wetin dem don do dis night? City defenders should take most of the blame, ArsenaL outclassed them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
@RuuDie i hope you see what yaya toure can do,
na so una de blame mata for our matches even though its very clear that the team in general ain't playing welL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yaya just dey stroll around for midfield while Arsenal were rimmimg City

Yaya is a bleeping liability
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
raumdeuter:
Yaya just dey stroll around for midfield while Arsenal were rimmimg City

Yaya is a bleeping liability

Yaya should never be given responsibility in midfield. Should be allowed to bomb forward at will considering what he gives to the attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
No team has lost 5 matches at this stage that goes ahead to win the Premier League.

History doesn't favour Man City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
MrTA:

Yaya should never be given responsibility in midfield. Should be allowed to bomb forward at will considering what he gives to the attack.

Yet some people say he would be a good DM. The number of time the camera caught him strolling while damage was going on was just outrageous
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
Mata is too slow and too soft. We have really gone back. JS Park, a squad player, was far better than this Mata.

It's a calamity having Mata, Blind, Carrick and Fellaini starting all together. If you put Val and Scherdeline, it could make sense starting these soft players together. There should be a right mix.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
Van Gaal Philosophy is not totally useless. It will work if:

1. He has the right players, particularly in the wings.

2. If he has a large squad of experience players.

3. If he's good at his selections and substitutions.

Even Ajax of 1995 had Finidi George who could sneak behind the defence with intelligent run and deliver a pin point final pass/cross.

Martial/Depay/Lingard have awful final balls as compared to our wingers under SAF. Giggs at 40 would deliver from the wings better than our current wingers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
raumdeuter:

Yet some people say he would be a good DM. The number of time the camera caught him strolling while damage was going on was just outrageous

I saw that and the whole thing about about Yaya being a holding midfielder is a fallacy and why pep picked Busi over him in that position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:05am On Dec 22, 2015
We can still rescue our season if had Rojo back quickly. Schweinsteiger should be available after next match. The returning players who played our last match should be better next match because they should have had two weeks training - better match fitness. Hopefully Val should be match fit by March.

If Shaw, Val, Jones and Rojo did not suffer injuries, there's no way we would be in this situation. We pray for no more injuries while hoping we boost our squad with 2-3 experienced hires.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:09am On Dec 22, 2015
Carragher said Toure was guilty of letting his team-mates down, despite his late strike.
[size=15pt]"I think he’s a joke to be honest[/size]. The goal is just a great goal but that’s got nothing to do with running about," Carragher told Sky Sports. "It wound me up that he got the goal at the end.

"In the commentary they said he ran the game for the last 20 minutes because it’s like he comes alive because he thinks we’ve got a goal and we have a chance of getting something.

"It’s a chance to get a goal and a bit of glory for himself. City lost the game tonight and one of the major reasons was the space Ozil had behind Toure.

"It’s nothing new, nothing we haven’t said the last two years
. It just comes back to the fact he thinks he can switch it one when he can get a goal.

"He’s a major player in the dressing room and I think it’s selfish the way he’s played tonight. At times I was laughing the way he was tracking back the only thing he needed was a walking stick and an overcoat."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 12:09am On Dec 22, 2015
MrTA:

I saw that and the whole thing about about Yaya being a holding midfielder is a fallacy and why pep picked Busi over him in that position.

Yaya's recovery was n't like this at barca. How many holding midfielders will be as active as makelele at 32 years on the field?. At 30, busquets will be using walking stick to support his movements on the field.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:32am On Dec 22, 2015
airmark:

Yaya's recovery was n't like this at barca. How many holding midfielders will be as active as makelele at 32 years on the field?. At 30, busquets will be using walking stick to support his movements on the field.

Yaya Toure is African. Add 3-5 years to his age.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 12:36am On Dec 22, 2015
elampiro:

Yaya Toure is African. Add 3-5 years to his age.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:50am On Dec 22, 2015
elampiro: Mata is too slow and too soft. We have really gone back. JS Park, a squad player, was far better than this Mata.
It's a calamity having Mata, blindt, Carrick and Fellaini starting all together. If you put Val and Scherdeline, it could make sense starting these soft players together. There should be a right mix.
i don't clearly understand what you are trying to say in dis post of urs, you are blaming mata for being too slow and soft saying park is better than him cause he (park) is fast and strong, and at dsame time saying that having mata in a team that consist of fellaini, carrick nd bling is calamity, [which means mata being poor of recent is down to our current team selection and not the other way round]
.well evrybdoy knows that mata best days in a unite d shirt is with val playing at right back.. But i'm quite sure he'll get his mojo back [weda val is playing or not] once the team start getting things go dia way.. And hey, we haven't gone back in getting rid of park and having mata..Mata is creativity, park is utility
.mayb ur love for pace n pawa grin is once again cloudin' ur judgement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:03am On Dec 22, 2015
Yaya might currently be poor as a holding midfielder, but saying he is a liability to man.City is utter rubbish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:16am On Dec 22, 2015
weedtaker:
Yaya might currently be poor as a holding midfielder, but saying he is a liability to man.City is utter rubbish.
not a liability,not an asset either, he really should be coming from the bench. But because he is Yaya toure you can't do that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:25am On Dec 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

not a liability,not an asset either, he really should be coming from the bench. But because he is Yaya toure you can't do that.
are you kidding me?? What are delph nd fernandinho doing in the field, no be fernandinho be D.M? If yaya toure is not helping in the defensive aspect of the game, he'll be doing something in the attacking aspect, yaya is top 3 when it comes to city most important players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:35am On Dec 22, 2015
-Aguero- apps 11, goals 7, assist 1. [attacker] age:27
-De bruyne- apps 13, goals 4, assist 6. [CAM] age:24
-Sterling- apps 16, goals 4, assist 2. [wing forward] age:21
-Toure- apps 15, goals 3, assist 5. [C.M] age:32
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:37am On Dec 22, 2015
weedtaker:
are you kidding me?? What are delph nd fernandinho doing in the field, no be fernandinho be D.M? If yaya toure is not helping in the defensive aspect of the game, he'll be doing something in the attacking aspect, yaya is top 3 when it comes to city most important players.
Important doesn't equal asset see Rooney's case.
You can see am not blaming him for the goal only that for most of the game he doesn't look he is trying then for 15minutes he'll show you why he is that well regarded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 22, 2015
airmark:

why are obsessed with busquests? I dont understand you.

cc dmcdad
homesteady
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:49am On Dec 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Important doesn't equal asset see Rooney's case.
You can see am not blaming him for the goal only that for most of the game he doesn't look he is trying then for 15minutes he'll show you why he is that well regarded.
as you can see with de post below, dis importance of a thing is not about being english and captain of both nationaL nd club side , its about what you give to the team.. Statistics wise, yaya is top 3 for city in the bpl with good overall play.
-Aguero- apps 11, goals 7, assist 1. [attacker] age:27
-De bruyne- apps 13, goals 4, assist 6. [CAM] age:24
-Sterling- apps 16, goals 4, assist 2. [wing forward] age:21
-Toure- apps 15, goals 3, assist 5. [C.M] age:32
maybe he was poor against arsenal, but so are delph, fernandinho, otamendi and mangala.. With dis stats, and Considering his age, its a shame to label yaya toure a liability.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2015
Today Is My Birthday, Fam

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:21am On Dec 22, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Should've waited till 25
Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 22, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
You share the same week with Jesus Christ.
grin
Happy Birthday Dude!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:28am On Dec 22, 2015
weedtaker:
as you can see with de post below, dis importance of a thing is not about being english and captain of both nationaL nd club side , its about what you give to the team.. Statistics wise, yaya is top 3 for city in the bpl with good overall play. maybe he was poor against arsenal, but so are delph, fernandinho, otamendi and mangala.. With dis stats, and Considering his age, its a shame to label yaya toure a liability.
This is where I pull the "stat don't tell the whole story comment "and my criticism of yaya (am a big fan of the guy) is he that he doesn't give enough anymore waiting till the last 2nd of the game to actually play isn't enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2015
weedtaker:
@RuuDie i hope you see what yaya toure can do,
na so una de blame mata for our matches even though its very clear that the team in general ain't playing welL.

That is the problem with people... football is played for 90mins plus and the dude shows up for the last 10 mins and expects to be hailed! How smallie from B-team no go pursue am comot Barca!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:35am On Dec 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

This is where I pull the "stat don't tell the whole story comment "and my criticism of yaya (am a big fan of the guy) is he that he doesn't give enough anymore waiting till the last 2nd of the game to actually play isn't enough.

Bless you, I think sey na only me see am!

I watched the game on NBCSN and they kept pointing out the huge gap he kept leaving for Fernandinho to cover. Delph is a far better box-to-box holding midfielder than Yaya. He may not have the skill and technique, but he definitely won't leave be "strolling" about in the field for over 80mins.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2514) (2515) (2516) (2517) (2518) (2519) (2520) ... (14420) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ballzproblem2, Lana1(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.