Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,493 members, 7,923,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 01:53 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2982) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9059280 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2979) (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) ... (14304) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:
Sterling isn't better than Shaun-Wright Philips!!

Na you fire that guy for BAT thread, u carry your sports section wahalla upandan grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
The chase for kante is gathering momentum. seems like united are being serious!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
GBR1:

True but England failed to take advantage. The Russians even had an injury crisis before the match and it's a travesty that England couldn't beat them.

Depends on how diff people view things. We could say the Russians did well to come out with a draw even with their injury crisis.

This is England we are talking about here, so much expectations everytime but always come short and other teams know them and will play till the last minute know it is the 3lions they are facing.

The Russian equalizer was not a fluke, the ball wass purposely crossed in and an attempt was made which lead to the goal, that Hart was in no mans land or cahil and smalling did not pick up the player that headed the ball is not Russia's biz.

Na England na, na so dem dey do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
igbsam:
The chase for kante is gathering momentum. seems like united are being serious!

Do not believe the rumours.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Diademk07:

If Roy is gonna play Sturridge, it had better be in the striker role 'cos he's just as useless as Sterling on the wing.
The problem with England is the lack of a playmaker to provide the incisive passes in the final third. They played well especially in the 1st half but then, looked clueless in the final third and could only create half chances.
I don't even know which of the players in the squad could come in to be the creative foil for the team. Barkley is an erratic ball hugger with zero intelligence, so is Wilshere.
The attack need some pace too. APart from Sterling, the other 2 are just too sluggish. If the midfield couldn't create enough, the attack should atleast be pacy enough to compensate for the lack of creativity in the midfield like Manutd team under Van gaal.

You and this creativity. Barkley is good but he won't have space in a 4-3-3. I still believe in Sterling, he probably didn't understand Kane. Some decent balls still went across the goal line from the left wing with no one to tap in.

The attack was too quiet yesterday. I think Sturridge or Vardy would have made it more busy. It's unfortunate that Welbeck is injured, he would have been the best on the left side.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
So what are Gotze's main strengths?He's clearly talented but he just seems to have stagnated or am I missing something?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ColtPython(m): 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
MrTA:
So what are Gotze's main strengths?He's clearly talented but he just seems to have stagnated or am I missing something?

Raumdeuter to the rescue grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Bastian. cheesy

Looked a like a man in his 60s during that sprint. Great cross and great finish though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 12:29am On Jun 13, 2016
The question which has been baffling me is, why is an average coach like Hodgson the England manager?

How is Capello to Hodgson an upgrade?

A top coach will be killing people with this English squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kolade354(m): 5:54am On Jun 13, 2016
Elxandre:
The question which has been baffling me is, why is an average coach like Hodgson the England manager?

How is Capello to Hodgson an upgrade?

A top coach will be killing people with this English squad.
English players are overhyped, most of them are average players.
Sterling lallana wilshere won't make germany X11 not to talk of bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 6:24am On Jun 13, 2016
Brazil is out of Cops America..... coach Dunga second coming is not yielding any thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2016
MrTA:

Do not believe the rumours.

i'm seriously trying not to
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 7:15am On Jun 13, 2016
Kolade354:
English players are overhyped, most of them are average players.
Sterling lallana wilshere won't make germany X11 not to talk of bench.
They might not be as good as Germany,, but they are quite good on paper too.

A very average team on paper is Portugal for example.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:48am On Jun 13, 2016
MrTA:

Bro, i think say na only me notice oh....

Even the Draxler wey dem dey shout no play anything.

The Germans weren't particularly impressive yesterday.....especially from an attacking POV.

Impressive Game management by the manager though. The team repelled attacks (shout out to Neuer & Alago Boateng), controlled the game when neccesary and ofcourse, converted their chances.

Maybe Dayo would explain to us better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:54am On Jun 13, 2016
MrTA:
Bastian. cheesy

Looked a like a man in his 60s during that sprint. Great cross and great finish though.
You self see am. grin grin e come de run like person wey dey avoid heart attack cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 13, 2016
On This Day In 2011, ManUtd agreed a deal with Blackburn Rovers for 19 year old defender, Phil Jones. The rest is injury.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
On This Day In 2011, ManUtd agreed a deal with Blackburn Rovers for 19 year old defender, Phil Jones. The rest is injury.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:58am On Jun 13, 2016
Verratti for £79mil

If I hear!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

This is a wrong impression about Phil Jones. Except for this last season, Phil Jones had been one of our fittest defenders. Coogar actually created the wrong impression that Phil Jones is about about injuries - injury himself with rash tackles. And dadehmola has been promoting that recently.

Last season he had a blood clot in his calf and they said it was something not easy to deal with. That was his first injury which kept reoccurig till second part of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2016
Among our young defenders:
Rafael
Fabio
Smalling
Evans
Jones

Jones has been the fittest since their arrival. Jones first miracle injury happened last year. Whenever he was not fit, it was harmsting. But Smalling, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, have all been injured from tackles - muscle injuries.

Look at playing time of individual players from 2011/12 to 2014/15

FYI: AdeLaNa1, Nihilist and dadehmola

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2016
Pjanic joining Juventus for 30M pounds, So called big EPL clubs are dulling big time...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2016
elamps I don't dislike Jones....I dislike the whole club cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2016
Nihilist:
elamps I don't dislike Jones....I dislike the whole club cheesy

If I catch you......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2016
elampiro:

This is a wrong impression about Phil Jones. Except for this last season, Phil Jones had been one of our fittest defenders. [b]Coogar actually created the wrong impression that Phil Jones is about about injuries - injury himself with rash tackles. And dadehmola has been promoting that recently.

Last season he had a blood clot in his calf and they said it was something not easy to deal with. That was his first injury which kept reoccurig till second part of the season. [/b]

Hmmmmmm......November 14,2015.....!

So sleekdot aka dayokanu, Nihilist,bimfo, adelana1, sailorXY,sircumalot,airmark, coded01,ibime and e.t.c get knowledge of how da Coogs got murdered and buried on cfc thread and another special thread created by dayokanu but refused to share. Even after my several sincere enquires to find out wetin happen to da coogs, no one gree tell me. angry

Special mention to sunlesunle aka wonlesanmi(hope I get this one) and babe... Una try o!!

God dey watch all of una o.....!

RIP Coogs!!!! NL e-warring finest. angry sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:25am On Jun 13, 2016
I saw this:

Real Madrid's option to sign David de Gea for €60m expires on Wednesday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:28am On Jun 13, 2016
Jose Mourinho is on a bumper Champions League qualification bonus.

He will earn a £1.5m bonus if he leads United back into the Champions League.

The new United boss is on at least £10m-a-year at Old Trafford but his deal is topped up by a number of bonuses for success.

And United are absolutely desperate to return to the top table in Europe, namely the money-spinning Champions League.

[Source: Daily Star] #MUFC #Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2016
elampiro:

This is a wrong impression about Phil Jones. Except for this last season, Phil Jones had been one of our fittest defenders. Coogar actually created the wrong impression that Phil Jones is about about injuries - injury himself with rash tackles. And dadehmola has been promoting that recently.

Last season he had a blood clot in his calf and they said it was something not easy to deal with. That was his first injury which kept reoccurig till second part of the season.
See ehn i dont know what ur problem is. This ur obsession of Coogar cant end well for u. U really should stop.

The first time i came to this thread, there was a Phil Jones argument going on. And i immediately made my stance about him known. So i dont understand why someone cant make his opinions known without u finding a way to blame Coogar. Abeg wetin be my own with Coogar na......

Coogar this, Coogar that. Abeg carry ur wahala and go!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
See ehn i dont know what ur problem is. This ur obsession of Coogar cant end well for u. U really should stop.

The first time i came to this thread, there was a Phil Jones argument going on. And i immediately made my stance about him known. So i dont understand why someone cant make his opinions known without u finding a way to blame Coogar. Abeg wetin be my own with Coogar na......

Coogar this, Coogar that. Abeg carry ur wahala and go!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:11am On Jun 13, 2016
elampiro:
Among our young defenders:
Rafael
Fabio
Smalling
Evans
Jones

Jones has been the fittest since their arrival. Jones first miracle injury happened last year. Whenever he was not fit, it was harmsting. But Smalling, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, have all been injured from tackles - muscle injuries.

Look at playing time of individual players from 2011/12 to 2014/15

FYI: AdeLaNa1, Nihilist and dadehmola

Stop distorting the facts - Phil jones is a hopelessly pathetic sicknote who has suffered all forms of injuries during his stay at the club!

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/3540/phil_jones_injury.html

Elampiro, isnt it obvious that jones is a liability and should be loaned out to Bolton and retire afterwards??

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:22am On Jun 13, 2016
Hmmm. Eeh remain to get malaria and typhoid injuries grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jaap Stam to be appointed New Reading Manager
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
I keep wandering why Germany or even Arsenal aren't using Ozil in a false 9 role, similar to how Cryuff/Thiago Motta was deployed for Barca and Italy respectively.
He's one of the most Intelligent player I've ever seen and I'm quite sure he would be fantastic in that role by operating in a slightly withdrawn role behind 2 wing forwards.. I could recall he played that same role during the German qualifiers for 2014 worldcup and he was German best player in those qualifiers.
Another thing is the German needs a replacement for Bastian in the holding role and the perfect player for the role is Dortmund's Weigl and not Kroos. As matter of fact, Kroos is at his best in a 3-man midfield formation that allows him the licence to roam around. Although he was quite good yesterday but he's capable of much more.
Personally, if I were to be Low, I would operate a 4-3-1-2 formation with the line-up below.
..................Back 5..............;
..................Weigl.............
............Kroos.......Khedira.........;
...................Ozil...............;
........Muller.......Schurlee.......
With this formation, both Kroos and Ozil would have the license to roam around in the midfield while the likes of Muller and Schurlee provide the finishing touches.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2979) (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) ... (14304) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: segzysexy(m), Ellexy and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.