Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8938277 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3070) (3071) (3072) (3073) (3074) (3075) (3076) ... (14248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
You guys should make fast fast and buy Pogba. grin

Even if it's just for bragging rights please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
SailorXY:
how did he flop? were we under any obligation to sell? he wasn't in the manager's plans along with a host of other good players, & he knew it.
so why the flapping of wings around David? that's exactly the bully attitude King Woody is putting paid to. the fans are loving it.

cuz they won UCL?

how convenient

repercussions of leaving the squad with not tangible investments for so long. we have to keep it up UNTIL we get it right again

slowly you are getting the memo

there's no obsession. this is a manager simply identifying his targets & going out guns blazing for them, IRRESPECTIVE of what he has to crush along the way.

there is no consolations here. if a guy ahead of you is cruising @ 100kmph & you need to catch up then you have to move faster than 100kmph to stand any chance. we are trying to catch up & its on us to move faster.
if Madrid are richer as claimed & we are after same target then they should bid more cash. this is not quantum physics.

we got Zlatan for free, what do you make of that?
again there's no tussle. we meet @ an auction & want the same Lexus, bros topple my bid & the Lexus is yours cheesy
I share your sentiments...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
dubylhover:
i honestly don't get how some united fans think that this pogba deal is one over Madrid...this is a club that has won d UCL 2 times in d last 3 seasons,it shows that the money they've been spending since is finally bringing out results..Madrid are not as desperate as manu now,I'm sure they must analysed d quality of players of players in their team and looked at pogba also,they found out that d money doesn't reflect d true worth and it would affect their balance a bit,y do you guys think barca and Madrid didn't bid the world record transfer? if Madrid actually felt they wanted him and he was worth the price,believe me he would b posing for the cameras with Perez...

pogba to manu currently is a case of a one eyed man being king in d land of d blind...
well we know zidane wanted pogba.
was bale worth the 100million transfer? remember we offered Levy more (fork that dude) but he join Madrid anyway.
this is a victory over Madrid, Barcelona,hell!! victory over everybody. that na how me dey view this thing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
dubylhover:
if Madrid actually felt they wanted him and he was worth the price,believe me he would b posing for the cameras with Perez...
YIMU. You are either interested or not.
You either pay up or fück off

pogba to manu currently is a case of a one eyed man being king in d land of d blind...
perhaps you should throw more light on this what
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:08am On Jul 22, 2016
Diademk07:

How were we under threat against Newcastle with just 16 mins into the game and a wrongly ruled out goal? Abegi! That aside, Januzaj was even invisible in that match before his late goal. You're just grasping at straw here.
And Yes, Kagawa did looked decent vs Leverkusen in the 1st leg match but it was in the 2ng leg match that he looked awesome as a no 10.
I already addressed the Norwich match in my other post and the team looked scrappy in that match. More so, Kagawa didn't look good, he was just here and there despite his assist.
And no, Welbeck was very much available when Mata played in the middle. Also, it was only against Westham, the team looked fluid for a start after several boring display with scrapping win.

I don tire for you.

You see things from one angle. Kagawa was awesome as a number 10 against Leverkusen, you said. But Nani, Rooney, Giggs were far better than Kagawa. It was Nani's night. One of those nights Nani was in his element.

Rooney had 4 Assists (although two opta Assists), Nani scored a goal. Kagawa had no attacking stats. Just check this chart, Kagawa was only rated higher than the substituted Evra. Kagawa did not score, he did not Assist, he did not provide key passes as such, he did not do well in pass accuracy. Kagawa only touched the ball 49 times while Giggs touched it 78 times. Even defensive stats, Nani, Giggs and Valencia had more defensive stats than Kagawa. Oh! Nani, six interceptions, the highest on the night, on top of a great counter attacking play, he also had to one tackle and Clearance.

Kagawa tried in interchange of passes with Rooney who was the arrow, head. But don't make it look like he was magical or one of the better players. In fact Rooney in the number 10 role in the first leg had a better outing than Kagawa in the second leg .

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:21am On Jul 22, 2016
Diademk07:

I don't even know how to respond to you. You need to watch that match again. Are you implying that Kagawa making a fantastic floated pass into the box where an unmarked Rooney headed in, is equivalent to Rooney rifling in his shot from 25 yards away.
That's very funny and ridiculous. You probably thought Rooney headed in from outside the box.
The other pass was a sure pass intended for Mata btw. Kagawa was even looking at Mata when he made that pass but some thought he meant it for Rooney because the pass was just too awesome and the only thing the Aston Villa defender could have done was to draw out a foul. Now compare that to Welbeck falling down because of a small nudge in the box. In fact, the cross to him was a poor one that was misjudged by the Norwich defenders and you're comparing that to Kagawa's awesome pass?

BBC
But the United fans continued to sing Moyes's name and saw their side level seven minutes later when Rooney expertly steered Shinji Kagawa's cross into the corner of the net.

The home side improved as the game went on, and took the lead just before half-time when Kagawa's pass, intended for Rooney, ran through to Mata inside the box. He turned inside Bacuna but was sent tumbling as the Villa defender dived in, and Rooney made no mistake from the spot.
m.bbc.com/sport/football/26694513

You can see from above that I know what I am saying. You claim Rooney effort from outside the box gave Kagawa the Assist against Norwich, so I can also claim that Rooney's expertly guided header gave Kagawa the Assist against Villa. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:50am On Jul 22, 2016
SailorXY:
how did he flop? were we under any obligation to sell? he wasn't in the manager's plans along with a host of other good players, & he knew it.

Madrid were looking to offload Di maria, his prefered club (PSG) couldnt pay up and we served as an escape route.. only for him to get his dream move a season after.

As regards his status as a flop... if you wanna debate this, you are on your own.

SailorXY:

so why the flapping of wings around David? that's exactly the bully attitude King Woody is putting paid to. the fans are loving it.

Whats there to love? from all indications, "proving stubborn to madrid" seems to be more of a priority to you.

If anything, i'd rather concern myself with our ability to keep our best players by offering them deals as early as possible.

SailorXY:

cuz they won UCL?

yes and he was a key member of the side.

SailorXY:

how convenient

which time frame i for talk?

As a matter of fact, we have outspent all other PL teams in the last 5 seasons..
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

SailorXY:

repercussions of leaving the squad with not tangible investments for so long. we have to keep it up UNTIL we get it right again

Bros - Nobody said we shouldnt spend. striving to buy the right players at the right prices (by avoiding overhyped players like pogba ) is the crux of the matter here.

SailorXY:

slowly you are getting the memo

If you didnt get the sacarsm , too bad!

SailorXY:

there's no obsession. this is a manager simply identifying his targets & going out guns blazing for them, IRRESPECTIVE of what he has to crush along the way.

oga - Pogba is an overated player we can do without. all these erections you are having about outbidding and "crushing" Madrid (even when their transfer dealings have been better and smarter than ours recently) dont cut it for me.

SailorXY:

there is no consolations here. if a guy ahead of you is cruising @ 100kmph & you need to catch up then you have to move faster than 100kmph to stand any chance. we are trying to catch up & its on us to move faster.
again there's no tussle. we meet @ an auction & want the same Lexus, bros topple my bid & the Lexus is yours cheesy

Oga, we are spending plenty of money and the results arent commensurate with the investments. Ostentatious spending hasnt neccesarily translated into the desired results - a situation that probably requires us be weary of paying premium on just any player, you are here describing F1 racing and Lexus Auctions. grin

With all the "speed" wey we don dey move for the past 2 years (in the context of transfers), where we dey presently? where has it landed us?

4th and 5th positions respectively. Embarrassing results. negative records here & there etc.

SailorXY:

if Madrid are richer as claimed & we are after same target then they should bid more cash. this is not quantum physics.

What is this?

So because they have decided not too, it means we are richer and we should celebrate it as an achievemnent even when it is so obvious Madrid feel Pogba isnt worth the price being quoted? undecided

SailorXY:

we got Zlatan for free, what do you make of that?

We got a 35year old free of charge, what's so special about it ?

Didnt Bayern get Lewandowski ( a better CF who is 7 years younger ) free of charge?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2016
SailorXY:

YIMU. You are either interested or not.
You either pay up or fück off

perhaps you should throw more light on this what

so if manu was interested in courtois and his price was 60m,so because theres a desperate party out there willing to pay means we shud pay?when we have a better keeper?that's d case with Madrid and pogba,yes they wanted him but they have kroos and modric who pogba isnt as good as,so you'd expect them to break d world record to buy a player whose position has 2 better players??

the fact is that Madrid have gotten smart in their transfer dealings....hope you now understand that pogba is a one eyed king at manu..

cc sircumalot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:59am On Jul 22, 2016
Dadehmola:

Madrid were looking to offload Di maria, his prefered club (PSG) couldnt pay up and we served as an escape route.. only for him to get his dream move a season after.

As regards his status as a flop... if you wanna debate this, you are on your own.

Whats there to love? from all indications, "proving stubborn to madrid" seems to be more of a priority to you.

If anything, i'd rather concern myself with our ability to keep our best players by offering them deals as early as possible.

As a matter of fact, we have outspent all other PL teams in the last 5 seasons..
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Bros - Nobody said we shouldnt spend. striving to buy the right players at the right prices (by avoiding overhyped players like pogba ) is the crux of the matter here.

oga - Pogba is an overated player we can do without. all these erections you are having about outbidding and "crushing" Madrid (even when their transfer dealings have been better and smarter than ours recently) dont cut it for me.

Oga, we are spending plenty of money and the results arent commensurate with the investments. Ostentatious spending hasnt neccesarily translated into the desired results - a situation that probably requires us be weary of paying premium on just any player, you are here describing F1 racing and Lexus Auctions. grin

With all the "speed" wey we don dey move for the past 2 years (in the context of transfers), where we dey presently? where has it landed us?

4th and 5th positions respectively. Embarrassing results. negative records here & there etc.

What is this?

So because they have decided not too, it means we are richer and we should celebrate it as an achievemnent even when it is so obvious Madrid feel Pogba isnt worth the price being quoted? undecided

Didnt Bayern get Lewandowski ( a better CF who is 7 years younger ) free of charge?

bruh God bless you,i dont get this obsession of proving a point to Madrid,at least it should b for the right players..when we got falcao i always wondered y they passed up d chance since they always fancied him..i guess they were advised not to..make no mistake i love spending on players,if Suarez was available for 150m pounds..I support..at least we should break d bank for players worth it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:55am On Jul 22, 2016
dubylhover:

bruh God bless you,i dont get this obsession of proving a point to Madrid,at least it should b for the right players..when we got falcao i always wondered y they passed up d chance since they always fancied him..i guess they were advised not to..make no mistake i love spending on players,if Suarez was available for 150m pounds..I support..at least we should break d bank for players worth it

Florentino Perez:

We considered signing Falcao," Perez said.
But in this club we follow a sporting-economic equation which (former club president Santiago) Bernabeu taught us, and we decided not to do so.
"

That's an excerpt from an interview Perez Granted a few days after we signed Failcow

At that time, SailorXY and some other Utd faithfuls were probably jubilating & Celebrating "another victory over Real Madrid". grin

*Fast forward a year after*

We were looking to offload the Columbian after paying Ridiculously hefty wages for some shockingly awful performances.

Maybe the obsession with Madrid dey among the things wey dey bring bad luck to the club sef cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:02am On Jul 22, 2016
Siddon look mode activated. I am not in support of buying a player for 100m especially one that does not want to come anyway and that wont score goals at Cronaldo levels.
We will "crush" Madrid by buying the right players at the right price and defeating them at the Champs League final NOT by wasting money on players while other clubs like Barca, Real, Juve and Bayern add wisely to their squads.
We wasted money on Falcao, wasted money on Di Maria and hopefully this wont be another waste. These Glazers are natural misers people should not think the funds will continue to flow like this, the money should be used in the best way possible cos these funds whether you accept it or not are limited.
Pogba is good but at this point i believe we need someone in the mode of Verrati, Modric ,Kroos e.t.c And actually this Pogba money could get 2 classy midfielders e.g Verrati n Modric/Kroos e.t.c
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:11am On Jul 22, 2016
I don't think the Pogba deal is a feck you to Madrid. I don't view it that way.

It's clear that mourinho has a clear vision of how he wants his side to play this season. He already knows his first choice line up and what tactics will be used. Pogba was probably key to that.

We have a transfer budget of 200 million for this summer. Signing Pogba will mean we've spent between 150 to 160 million of it already.

Under Van Gaal that was the same amount we spent per summer and he used it to buy 6 to 7 good players. Where have those good players taken us? 4th and 5th place. I prefer this new strategy. We're still spending the same amount of money but we've gone for less quantity and more quality.

Reports are also saying we've made a bid for Gabriel Jesus a Brazilian attacker. Along with Gabriel Barbosa he's the next big thing out of Brazil since Neymar. You guys can check them out at the coming Olympics.

Abeg with Gabriel and Jesus on our side why teams no go fear.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:28am On Jul 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

Siddon look mode activated. I am not in support of buying a player for 100m especially one that does not want to come anyway and that wont score goals at Cronaldo levels.
We will "crush" Madrid by buying the right players at the right price and defeating them at the Champs League final NOT by wasting money on players while other clubs like Barca, Real, Juve and Bayern add wisely to their squads.
We wasted money on Falcao, wasted money on Di Maria and hopefully this wont be another waste. These Glazers are natural misers people should not think the funds will continue to flow like this, the money should be used in the best way possible cos these funds whether you accept it or not are limited.
Pogba is good but at this point i believe we need someone in the mode of Verrati, Modric ,Kroos e.t.c And actually this Pogba money could get 2 classy midfielders e.g Verrati n Modric/Kroos e.t.c
Guy Madrid have wasted money on countless players who flopped. Kaka for example at Madrid, ibra and kleberson at barca, goetze at bayern, e.T.c. Every transfer is a risk none is 100% guaranteed.

We are not in a battle with Madrid. We are simply trying to improve out team.

Also the major reason Di Maria flopped was Van Gaal and his tactics. Look at the amount of players that have flopped under Van Gaal despite being very good players when they came here: Darmian, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Deepay, Di Maria, Falcao, Van Persie. There's no way these amount of good players would flop under managers like Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, e.T.c

We bought Di Maria because he just had a world class season for Madrid playing in a 3 man midfield. He started his first few games for us in that position and was the best player on the field. All of a sudden Van Gaal thought it wise to move him to the wing and striker positions and that's when the trouble started.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:56am On Jul 22, 2016
Dadehmola:

What is this?

I believe from this point forward we'll just be repeating ourselves, so let's move on cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2016
Dadehmola:

That's an excerpt from an interview Perez Granted a few days after we signed Failcow

At that time, SailorXY and some other Utd faithfuls were probably jubilating & Celebrating "another victory over Real Madrid". grin

*Fast forward a year after*

We were looking to offload the Columbian after paying Ridiculously hefty wages for some shockingly awful performances.

Maybe the obsession with Madrid dey among the things wey dey bring bad luck to the club sef cry

grin grin grin quite funny....at least they spend on players who are worth it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:06am On Jul 22, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

Guy Madrid have wasted money on countless players who flopped. Kaka for example at Madrid, ibra and kleberson at barca, goetze at bayern, e.T.c. Every transfer is a risk none is 100% guaranteed.

We are not in a battle with Madrid. We are simply trying to improve out team.

Also the major reason Di Maria flopped was Van Gaal and his tactics. Look at the amount of players that have flopped under Van Gaal despite being very good players when they came here: Darmian, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Deepay, Di Maria, Falcao, Van Persie. There's no way these amount of good players would flop under managers like Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, e.T.c

We bought Di Maria because he just had a world class season for Madrid playing in a 3 man midfield. He started his first few games for us in that position and was the best player on the field. All of a sudden Van Gaal thought it wise to move him to the wing and striker positions and that's when the trouble started.
See how they are putting prudent behind Madrid like say them just born us yesterday. Funny how it's easy to throw di Maria under the bus & painting the club as stop-gap of some sort when we can point out the number of good players who became buns under LvG.

There's no need for long arguments, Jose identified those he thinks can work for him & are after them the way he want. Those suggesting where or how the cash should be spent can apply to the Old Trafford job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:06am On Jul 22, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:
I don't think the Pogba deal is a feck you to Madrid. I don't view it that way.

It's clear that mourinho has a clear vision of how he wants his side to play this season. He already knows his first choice line up and what tactics will be used. Pogba was probably key to that.

We have a transfer budget of 200 million for this summer. Signing Pogba will mean we've spent between 150 to 160 million of it already.

Under Van Gaal that was the same amount we spent per summer and he used it to buy 6 to 7 good players. Where have those good players taken us? 4th and 5th place. I prefer this new strategy. We're still spending the same amount of money but we've gone for less quantity and more quality.

Reports are also saying we've made a bid for Gabriel Jesus a Brazilian attacker. Along with Gabriel Barbosa he's the next big thing out of Brazil since Neymar. You guys can check them out at the coming Olympics.

Abeg with Gabriel and Jesus on our side why teams no go fear.

grin grin grin,i get that mou has a system and plan on how to use pogba,but im not in that school of thought who thinks this is a victory over madrid...d only victory over them i want should b on the pitch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2016
elampiro:

BBC
But the United fans continued to sing Moyes's name and saw their side level seven minutes later when Rooney expertly steered Shinji Kagawa's cross into the corner of the net.

The home side improved as the game went on, and took the lead just before half-time when Kagawa's pass, intended for Rooney, ran through to Mata inside the box. He turned inside Bacuna but was sent tumbling as the Villa defender dived in, and Rooney made no mistake from the spot.
m.bbc.com/sport/football/26694513

You can see from above that I know what I am saying. You claim Rooney effort from outside the box gave Kagawa the Assist against Norwich, so I can also claim that Rooney's expertly guided header gave Kagawa the Assist against Villa. grin

Lol!
Oh, that Rooney headed in the ball into the net, Kagawa's fantastic cross became insignificant?
More so, the other pass was intended for Mata. It was a through ball pass for crying out loud and not a pass that was ricocheted off a defender. This was Skysports report on the same match: http://www.skysports.com/football/man-utd-vs-a-villa/287600 The Espn report is also similar to the skysports report.
The fact that BBC is English player bias and Rooney darling just as yourself doesn't make others the same.
Lastly, between the Month of March ending and April, 3 players were nominated as our player of the month and they include Mata, Kagawa and Jones. Mata won it, closely followed by Kagawa in the second place (www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Apr/vote-for-the-manchester-united-player-of-the-month-for-april-2014.aspx).
At least, Manutd fans agreed that Kagawa had his best matches in the period Mata started to play in the centre.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2016
dubylhover:
so if manu was interested in courtois and his price was 60m,so because theres a desperate party out there willing to pay means we shud pay?when we have a better keeper?that's d case with Madrid and pogba,yes they wanted him but they have kroos and modric who pogba isnt as good as,so you'd expect them to break d world record to buy a player whose position has 2 better players??

the fact is that Madrid have gotten smart in their transfer dealings....hope you now understand that pogba is a one eyed king at manu..

cc sircumalot

have you forgotten so soon how much James cost? is he a flop? how is he better than di Maria?

except you are saying Zidane want Pogba to come & warm the bench then this doesn't make sense. nobody seek to invest a world record fee for bench warmers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:36am On Jul 22, 2016
SailorXY:

have you forgotten so soon how much James cost? is he a flop? how is he better than di Maria?

except you are saying Zidane want Pogba to come & warm the bench then this doesn't make sense. nobody seek to invest a world record fee for bench warmers

james was bought for 60m and he was fairly decent nd just had one poor season,he was great his first season,anyways lets wait nd see
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2016
elampiro:

I don tire for you.

You see things from one angle. Kagawa was awesome as a number 10 against Leverkusen, you said. But Nani, Rooney, Giggs were far better than Kagawa. It was Nani's night. One of those nights Nani was in his element.

Rooney had 4 Assists (although two opta Assists), Nani scored a goal. Kagawa had no attacking stats. Just check this chart, Kagawa was only rated higher than the substituted Evra. Kagawa did not score, he did not Assist, he did not provide key passes as such, he did not do well in pass accuracy. Kagawa only touched the ball 49 times while Giggs touched it 78 times. Even defensive stats, Nani, Giggs and Valencia had more defensive stats than Kagawa. Oh! Nani, six interceptions, the highest on the night, on top of a great counter attacking play, he also had to one tackle and Clearance.

Kagawa tried in interchange of passes with Rooney who was the arrow, head. But don't make it look like he was magical or one of the better players. In fact Rooney in the number 10 role in the first leg had a better outing than Kagawa in the second leg .
Lol!
I don't watch game by stats though. I watch it with my eyes. Till today, there's an highlight showcasing Kagawa forming a triangle with Giggs and Jones in the Leverkusen Match. He was dropping deep as far back as the central midfield to form a 3-man midfield. His movement, intelligent passes and spatial awareness were something else in the match even when he has yet to gell with his team-mates enough to know their movement.
No wonder Giggs as a coach thought Kagawa would be perfect fit as a CM, just as the way he deployed him against Southampton and Hull city in the last 4 games he coached Manutd. No doubt Kagawa can operate in the central midfield like he did for Dortmund on many occasion last season but he would have to operate in a 3-man midfield set up and not the 2-man midfield Giggs kept deploying him.
Back to the Leverkusen match, this was the Yoube showcasing Jones, Giggs and Jones tandem (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMucC_zamZk).
Watch that and tell how Kagawa wasn't good. This was a player whose his teammates rarely knew his movement nor the way he plays due to his lack of playing time with them.
In that same clip, there were passes he made while our other players were just ball watching or too slow to react. There were even 2 goals that he assisted the assist man in that clip.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

PSG has stated Verrati is nontransferable. They won't sell, even at the prices we offering Juventus for Pogba or even for more insane fees. Be truthful to yourself at least. Verrati is gonna cost far more Pogba if were to have any hope of signing him. People should stop throwing the name around to promote arguments against Pogba's signing. It's quite annoying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2016
I understand some fans are against United signing Pogba and while that's normal, i haven't seen them presenting any worthy/truthful reasons to support them.

It's just the usual regurgitating of poor excuses and falsehood that're being peddled. I have resumed posting again and would address most of them shortly.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2016
Jose Mourinho has said there "is space" for Juan Mata in his Manchester United squad and expects the player to fight for his place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 11:13am On Jul 22, 2016
cool

BOSS..................

"It is the power of Man United but it is also the power of football because in this moment the market is going in such a direction where I never know what is expensive, I never
know what is cheap.

Because what one season is very expensive,
the next season is very cheap, so the market is going in that direction. We are in a comfortable position but we know what it is wrong and what is right. We know what
the balance is and, I repeat, we are not going to be only focusing on one player.

We are not going to be in the hands of one club that may sell and maybe doesn't sell. We need a 4th player with a certain profile and we're going to get it. Everybody speaks about one, but it wouldn't be a surprise for me if it is not him and it is another one because we went for profile.

We have two more options in front of us and we are going to close one. I am not going to try to make you naive and believe that we are not trying for one player. You have smoke, you have fire - you used to say something like that, right?

First of all, we know the player belongs to
another club, which is not a small club. It is also a big club, one with economic power to fight for their best players, to try and keep their best players. Apart from that, we know other clubs are also involved and for us it is not, 'Are we going to win the race or lose the race?' It is not a race, it is just the market. When you go to the market, you have other options. You cannot focus on one, so we are in a very comfortable situation.

My relationship with Mr Woodward is very good, it is very open. I never create a kind
of situation for him that is black or white. It is
not black or white, I give him options. Since day one I tried to be pragmatic in my analysis, I try to give him different options so he's not feeling the pressure that, 'I need to get
this player because this is the player the
manager wants.

The manager is trying to make things quite
simple for everyone. The market is already
difficult. My board doesn't need that pressure to come from the manager. My board needs to be calm and feel that we have other options."

www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10508472/man-united-keeping-options-open-amid-paul-pogba-reports-says-jose-mourinho

(Juve! Una don hear?).............
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:21am On Jul 22, 2016
dubylhover:
i honestly don't get how some united fans think that this pogba deal is one over Madrid...this is a club that has won d UCL 2 times in d last 3 seasons,it shows that the money they've been spending since is finally bringing out results..Madrid are not as desperate as manu now,I'm sure they must analysed d quality of players of players in their team and looked at pogba also,they found out that d money doesn't reflect d true worth and it would affect their balance a bit,y do you guys think barca and Madrid didn't bid the world record transfer? if Madrid actually felt they wanted him and he was worth the price,believe me he would b posing for the cameras with Perez...

You're being quite untruthfull here. Madrid hardly buys galaticos at prices that reflect their truth worth. Even with a good world cup, was James worth €80 million? After buying him, they finished trophy less in the season that he played with them though he played well. In the CL they just won, James wasn't even an integral figure in their XI. He got benched since Zidane decided to go with 3 midfielders in a 4-3-3 formation and now Madrid is looking to upload him as soon as possible. He has flopped. Wasn't that a waste of €80 million? of course it was because Madrid never even needed him in the first place just as currently they don't need Pogba but they want him. They have a good midfield already but don't care about that. All these "Pogba not reflecting true value" or whatever is bullsh1t, because that has hardly been Madrid's driving force for transfer.
They buy good players but it's usually the shiniest toy on the market and currently that player is Pogba but United have out priced them. Their wage bill is already enormous(they can't even offer Pogba galatico wages), and i'm not even sure they've the cash to bid and would have to offload James (and Morrata) to match the sum we've offered Juventus, who would only sell to the highest bidder. They simply cannot afford him currently given the conditions but we can.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2016
GBR1:

PSG has stated Verrati is nontransferable. They won't sell, even at the prices we offering Juventus for Pogba or even for more insane fees. Be truthful to yourself at least. Verrati is gonna cost far more Pogba if were to have any hope of signing him. People should stop throwing the name around to promote arguments against Pogba's signing. It's quite annoying.
I would take Oliver Torres before even looking at Pogba.
We're talking of the same Oliver Torres who not only dominated and outclassed Pogba at the u20 worldcup but did the same to Bayern midfield. Not forgetting the fact that he was Porto's best midfielder while he was on loan.. Caseimiro who was his midfield partner at Porto and wasn't even as good as Torres became an important part of Madrid midfield last season. So, what are we talking about?
It's not Torres fault that Simeone is a defensive coach who would rather use him on the wing in the few games he played him than in the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:44am On Jul 22, 2016
Diademk07:

I would take Oliver Torres before even looking at Pogba.
We're talking of the same Oliver Torres who not only dominated and outclassed Pogba at the u20 worldcup but did the same to Bayern midfield. Not forgetting the fact that he was Porto's best midfielder while he was on loan.. Caseimiro who was his midfield partner nd wasn't as good as Torres became an important apart of Madrid midfield. So, what are we talking about? It's not Torres fault that Simeone is a defensive coach who would rather use him on the wing in the few time he play him than in the midfield.
Oh now you've stop saying we should get Verrati since you've seen it was a poor reason as he's nontransferable or even costlier. Now it Oliver Torres FFS. cheesy You didn't even mention Koke or Niguez. Nonsense!

Stop associating "midfield domination" with Pogba. Pogba is not a midfielder or player you get to control or dominate midfield. That's how some of you folks kept on mentioning and comparing him with players like Verrati or even Kroos. He is simply not that kind of player currently and it's pretty stupid to judge/elevate him with such criteria. He's best as the furthest or attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3 (for example Lampard at Chelsea) or at worse a rampaging B2B midfielder ( Yaya Toure). In the former he's good enough for a CL winning side and in the latter only a league winning side because of the lack of defensive cover and we'd get punished in Europe for that.

Midfielders that control games are even supposed to be cheaper than the attacking ones and the funny thing is Verrati being even more costlier than Pogba, so just imagine how silly those comparisons have been all along.

Pogba got overrated by the excessive media attention he's received and that's no fault of his but in recent times I've noticed most folks now are currently underrating him and doing a poor job or even worse. I would start addressing this issue too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2016
Mourinho makes a lot of transfer but to be honest he has never bought a player as expensive as the prices being touted for Pogba. He is not LVG who would make a very expensive buy and won't actually know how to use the player so I've a lot of faith in this transfer. The conditions vary quite well from that of Di Maria and regardless it'll be stupid of us to stop making such buys because we failed previously at some.

I don't give a sh1t if we're overpaying or not. People simply don't understand some things. It's easier to strengthen from a position of strength and we're simply not in that kind of position right now. I hope we can go with the full galatico model, so we can get there in the shortest possibly period of time. We have money/funds unlike Madrid who had get involved in shady deals and got assisted by the governments in Spain when they started that policy.

Currently, i'm fully in the Pogba camp. On so many levels, there's a lot of sense in this transfer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
GBR1:

Oh now you've stop saying we should get Verrati since you've seen it was a poor reason as he's nontransferable or even costlier. Now it Oliver Torres FFS. cheesy You didn't even mention Koke or Niguez. Nonsense!

Stop associating "midfield domination" with Pogba. Pogba is not a midfielder or player you get to control or dominate midfield. That's how some of you folks kept on mentioning and comparing him with players like Verrati or even Kroos. He is simply not that kind of player currently and it's pretty stupid to judge/elevate him with such criteria. He's best as the furthest or attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3 (for example Lampard at Chelsea) or at worse a rampaging B2B midfielder ( Yaya Toure). Midfielders that control games are even supposed to be cheaper than the attacking ones and the funny thing is Verrati being even more costlier than Pogba, so just imagine how silly those comparisons have been all along.

Pogba got overrated by the excessive media attention but in recent times I've noticed most folks now are currently underrating him and doing a poor job or even worse. I would start addressing that too.
If you seen my other post, I did talk about Koke apart from Verratti and others.
And I disagree that playmaker should cost little. This kind of players are one in a generation. As a matter of fact, after the attackers, they should be the next in line. Players like Xavi, Zidane, Pirlo, Scholes etc were the constant reason their team became dominant even for a short while.
We all saw the Yaya Toure of this world who looked clueless for City as soon as he faced any decent orchestrator in the CL. Did you watch the cup game that involved Juve and Millan? Gwd! Pogba looked terrible in that match.
It's not even as if he has the most silky touch like Verratti/Iniesta/Zidane nor the best of vision as Ozil. His dribbles even look haphazard to me although he tends to be in control of it like Suarez does.
I just can't get my head around the price for him. Nobody is saying he's a poor player but he's not worth 50mil let alone 100mil. His game hasn't even developed from the time he left. I watch him when he came on as a teenager for us and in the U20 match and he was just the same. No wonder Scholes mentioned that Pogba wasn't good enough to displace him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

BARCELONA director Ariedo Braida claims Paul Pogba’s valuation is too overinflated for the Catalan giants.

Braida insists the La Liga outfit are admirers of the Frenchman, but his price tag has become too hefty.

He told The Sun: "Clearly when you talk about figures that go over €100m [£83m], you need to reflect on them.

"It all comes down to the TV rights that brought in a lot of money and completely changed the logic of the transfer market.

"Clearly all players are overrated to some degree or another at this stage.

"We know Pogba. He is a player who proved to be very strong and, for a while, Barcelona were interested.

“But clearly the dynamics changed and once the figures reached a certain point we were no longer interested.

"It's hard to keep up at some stage, because you don't only have to consider the price of the transfer fee, but also the player's salary.

“Over the course of five years, that can amount to tens of millions."
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/531945/Juventus-Barcelona-Paul-Pogba-Man-United-news-gossip

A director at the 2nd Richest Club in the world has spoken.

*In DJ Khaled's voice*

#AnotherOne#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
dubylhover:

cc sircumalot
somebody already mention Rodriguez above.
I think pogba is at least as good as kroos and if anything he is younger than Modric who go reach 31 this season.
that count for something
I said I won't bother about price no more.
trying to be sane in an already insane world will make you the crazy one.
another thing you didn't factor in his,if we didn't pay juve somebody else will pay over market value.
if he played another superb season with juventus that price goes up again.
Also we didn't start this trend see man city, Madrid and Barca.
we tried to be fiscally responsible e no work.
also we paying this amount for pogba is bad news for big teams because all the asking price for everybody else just doubled.
let wait and see how much juventus Pays for. 28yrs old higuain.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3070) (3071) (3072) (3073) (3074) (3075) (3076) ... (14248) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.