Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,380 members, 7,877,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8910808 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) (3115) (3116) (3117) ... (14227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
SailorXY:
i said the 4-1-4-1 was the time United played with purpose going forward. PRIOR TO THAT PERIOD it was with a 4-4-2 diamond.

you read without understanding. this is basic grammar chairman.
Are you sure comprehension was his problem? How do you know he didn't understand you initially and is now resorting to lies to save face as usual?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
olabode89:

Bros....

When you goof, take a chill pill and regroup.

You claimed that Carrick played in a 4-1-4-1 "Diamond formation" and your error was pointed out.

You didn't mention 442... it is called a diamond because of the use of one DM, 2 CM and one AM with little or no midfield play from the wings.
Lol I said Carrick was the key to that diamond set up! That was my reply to Sailor who was making it out to look like Herrera, Fellaini and Di maria was what made the formation to work!

Bandwagons always try to read and comprehend the conversation before jumping on peoples' post.
@sailor. I'm still coming to your lies!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol I said Carrick was the key to that diamond set up! That was my reply to Sailor who was making it out to look like Herrera, Fellaini and Di maria was what made the formation to work!

Bandwagons always try to read and comprehend the conversation before jumping on peoples' post.
@sailor. I'm still coming to your lies!
what is a 4-1-4-1 diamond formation?

I'm very interested in knowing it. show me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
SailorXY:
i said the 4-1-4-1 was the time United played with purpose going forward. PRIOR TO THAT PERIOD it was with a 4-4-2 diamond.

you read without understanding. this is basic grammar chairman.

SailorXY:
let us be sincere to ourselves, we need a midfielder who can transit from defense to attack with force & verve.

In case you've not noticed our transition from back to front is still very slow & teams will cover the hell up before we get the chance to pick them apart on the counter.

Suggesting a clumsy fellow like Matic show you don't have a proper understanding of what Jose is trying to fix. Pogba brings long range efforts, pace, agility, close control, added height average & good passing.

Under LvG when we played a 4-1-4-1 with Herrera & Fellaini in AM & Carrick scheming behind with fleet wing play, United managed to produce performances littered with purpose & skill to the delight of the fans. Unfortunately, LvG scrapped that.

Prior to that, the time we played with any form of intent was using the diamond midfield. di Maria & Herrera supporting the AM, again with fleet wing play from the full backs finding so much space out wide.

What these formations had in common was more than one player acting as an offensive midfielder (Fellaini & Herrera) which gave way for the ball to flow outta defense faster via having more outlet to pass forward more quickly; & in the latter case (Rooney & Herrera) with di Maria adding quick feet to that multiple pass outlet, bringing ball from deep to the numbers already ahead of him.

I have said that signing Pogba to play in pivot will be a waste of resources. With Ibrahimovic & Rooney liking to drop deep, there will be a need for a decoy runner from behind the CF in addition to those sprinting from the wings. This is the only way Jose's tactics will produce goals.

Looking inwards I'd have Herrera/Henrikh play as No. 10 if Pogba fails & a guy like Matuidi joins. The reason for Herrera is simple, aside having an eye for passes albeit lesser than Mata but more athletic & tougher in the tackle, he puts in his defensive shift better when he has a "free role" upfront. In other words he has better offensive & defensive contributions when he plays as an AM.

You implied that the only time we looked threatening before the 4141 was the diamond formation.
However, the reality is Van gaal formation were mostly either 4231, 352 or 4141. So which formation were you talking about? You were making it look as if the likes of Herrera, Felliani et al were what make the formation to work out but on the other hand they stuck out as the real sore thumbs!

Whichever formation Van gaal employed (whether 433, 4141, 4231) or whichever diamond you imagined, Carrick was the key to it. That was my reply to your post!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
GBR1:

I understand some people do not know much and i have no problem with that. But it's pretty annoying when you make a claim about knowing stuff but it's false, and when you get corrected again, you refused to accept.

That dude is an embarrassment.

Open secret : Van Gaal approved the signing of Herrera & Shaw - he stated it categorically..

Nah - He was only supporting the new signings he met on ground. I need another proof.

Herrera corroborates LVG's assertion with a "vote of thanks" where he clearly expressed his gratitude to the Dutchman ( for signing him)

Nah - are you sure he said so? I need a link to the interview..

Nah - if he were to be his signing, he woulda started him continuously blahblahblah.

Open secret : Di Maria's dissapointing form at Old trafford could be partly attributed to LVG's cluelessness..

Nah - Van Gaal thought that ADM shone as a winger (not as an attacking midfielder) & bought him...let's not blame the Dutchman. shocked

And you expect this kinda person to agree even when his brainfart is stinking up the whole joint?

Lol!!

Yeye!!

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
GBR1:

what is a 4-1-4-1 diamond formation?

I'm very interested in knowing it. show me

Lol!

Van gaal used a diamond tactic in 4141 setup! Carrick was mostly dropping deep as far back as the defence while allowing the four in front of him to interplay. That was the key to Martial's form!

Well, my reasoning is far beyond what a lot of you can comprehend because I look deep into things and not the peripheral angles!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
Diademk07:

You implied that the only time we looked threatening before the 4141 was the diamond formation.
However, the reality is Van gaal formation were mostly either 4231, 352 or 4141. So which formation were you talking about? You were making it look as if the likes of Herrera, Felliani et al were what make the formation to work out but on the other hand they stuck out as the real sore thumbs!

Whichever formation Van gaal employed (whether 433, 4141, 4231) or whichever diamond you imagined, Carrick was the key to it. That was my reply to your post!
i am still searching for the lies tho...

if you must know, what i said (& meant) was diamond MIDFIELD {a diamond has 4 tip edges}
- - - - - - - - Rooney - - - - - - - -
Angel - - - - - - - - - - - Herrera
- - - - - - - - - Blind - - - - - - - - -
where was Mr. Carrick?
the overall emphasis was not on individuals, i have said you read with no understanding; the emphasis was on the number of players ahead of the central midfielders. in this case, we featured a two-striker system in addition to Rooney & in the 4-1-4-1 we featured 2 attacking midfielders in addition to the center forward.

you may want to download some games from LvG's first season featuring that midfield. i know you missed the live action.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

Van gaal used a diamond tactic in 4141 setup! Carrick was mostly dropping deep as far back as the defence while allowing the four in front of him to interplay. That was the key to Martial's form!

Well, my reasoning is far beyond what a lot of you can comprehend because I look deep into things and not the peripheral angles!

Lmao!

Bro! Where you dey see Diamond for 4-1-4-1?

Can you kindly provide a pictorial representation of the 4-1-4-1 formation, maybe we can see the shape of your own diamond...

The 4 midfielders bar the DM are usually flat... 4-1-4-1 formation does not have a designated AM which is the tip of the diamond formation. Look at the Arsenal formation that was posted some posts ago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lol
This guy is deluded. Na dis kind guys dey give the loudest chorus answer for class lecture but when formal test results come out now na epic fail.
4-1-4-1 diamond ?
I do not blame the beer parlor analyst but you guys engaging him in endless debates.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
GBR1:
This first image is a flat 4-4-2. This second image is a diamond 4-4-2. It is called diamond because the 4 players in midfield form a diamond shape. It has nothing to do with the figure 4. If 4 was the reason, then every 4-4-2 or every formation with 4 in the midfield would be called a diamond formation

This is an example of 4-1-4-1. The players don't form a diamond; they simply do not. That's why it isn't a diamond formation and there are no variants of this formation that form that.

Another image showing 4-1-4-1. Bayern used it.

I ask again is 4231 a variation of 442 tactic? Why do some call it a diamond as well?

The reality is how a coach deploy his team on the pitch and not some stupid formation on paper.
Carrick was dropping back as far back to almost make the defence 3 while the four in front of him were combing forward.
Likewise the euro final where France had 442 on paper but a different thing on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

Show me the diamond tactics

Was it

You----You----You----You

------------You----------

------You--------You------

------------You-------------

-----------striker-----------

??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
We are still searching for the diamond in a 4-1-4-1 set up. Has anybody found it? Everybody on diadem07 case. Una won kill this guy tonight. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Diademk07, do you play football related games at all?

These your formation shape blunders are epic tho!.. how can you say 4-1-4-1 is a diamond?

Na wa 4 you o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
olabode89:

Lmao!

Bro! Where you dey see Diamond for 4-1-4-1?

Can you kindly provide a pictorial representation of the 4-1-4-1 formation, maybe we can see the shape of your own diamond...

The 4 midfielders bar the DM are usually flat... 4-1-4-1 formation does not have a designated AM which is the tip of the diamond formation. Look at the Arsenal formation that was posted some posts ago.

Yet you agreed with Gbr1 who believed na only 442 be diamond! What I've seen online is that 4-2-31/352 are also variants.
I've just checked more of it online and I think the tip is most important.
Anyway, that still made Gbr1 and Sailor wrong on his exclusion of 4231 or the other statement that the diamond made us look better under Van gaal. Upon all Gbr1 Bandwagon! Lol!
My own be say, Carrick was important in every formation used under Van gaal and not some stupid Herrera that Sailor implied!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
dopeJemi:

Show me the diamond tactics

Was it

You----You----You----You

------------You----------

------You--------You------

-----------striker-----------

??

You no say the Diamond tip can face any side, right? Lol!
To be frank, I was looking at the four shape in this way

You...............you

You...............you.

But I've realised the tip is important as well!
Anyway, whether na 4231/352 setup, Carrick was important to our setup! That was my argument with sailor! Van gaal hardly used 442 btw!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
Diademk07:

You no say the Diamond tip can face any side, right? Lol!
To be frank, I was looking at the four shape in this way

You...............you

You...............you.

But I've realised the tip is important as well!
Anyway, whether na 4231/352 setup, Carrick was important to our setup! That was my argument with sailor! Van gaal hardly used 442 btw!

Lol, carry on
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:15am On Aug 06, 2016
SailorXY:
i am still searching for the lies tho...

if you must know, what i said (& meant) was diamond MIDFIELD {a diamond has 4 tip edges}
- - - - - - - - Rooney - - - - - - - -
Angel - - - - - - - - - - - Herrera
- - - - - - - - - Blind - - - - - - - - -
where was Mr. Carrick?
the overall emphasis was not on individuals, i have said you read with no understanding; the emphasis was on the number of players ahead of the central midfielders. in this case, we featured a two-striker system in addition to Rooney & in the 4-1-4-1 we featured 2 attacking midfielders in addition to the center forward.

you may want to download some games from LvG's first season featuring that midfield. i know you missed the live action.

The truth is with all those players, we hardly played like a team while Carrick was injured!

We only won just 3 out of the 10 games the team played at the start of the season while Carrick was away but as soon he came back, we went on a 7 games winning streak and that was before the 4-1-4-1 tactic which got introduced at the latter stage of the season. When 4141 eventually got introduced, he was also the reason we went on consecutive winning streak until he got injured once again and we lost about 5-6 games subsequently!

Hence, Carrick was important in whatever formation we deployed! That was my main point!
And not some stupid Herrera, Dimaria or Fellaini who were all failures!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 06, 2016
Many are mad...Some are man Utd fans.

Diamond...I don't know if I should cry or laugh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:52am On Aug 06, 2016
Una get time to dey follow dis nigga argue o. Well sha, maybe if season start proper una go move on to better things than wasting ur mb on dis noob...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:05am On Aug 06, 2016
Whereas some are just useless and inconsequential on the forum other than posting meme or jumping like mad goat on every other thread to troll! Doesn't even worth a mention!
Lmao!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:25am On Aug 06, 2016
Lol. Nigga u think its everyone that's as stupîd and dâft as u?? U think its everybody that has time to be arguing everyday on a faceless forum?? Been there. Done that. I got beta tins to do these days dan sitting on NL looking for the slightest oppourtunity to be yarning dust. Abegi I dont ve the time to be babysitting noobs. So i'll just leave u to keep basking in ur own ignorance. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:32am On Aug 06, 2016
Lmao!

E pain am!

But e get time to dey troll or post meme ba?Lol!

Can's stop laughing!

I no get time to dey kabach with you! Go follow Mourinho do that!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:42am On Aug 06, 2016
Lmao. I dont know if i should cry or laugh at ur condition. U are quite unfortunate really. And i'll forever blame myself for having the misfortune of bumping into ur inherent stupîdity.

Since last season wrapped up, where u see me dey troll any thread or to dey post meme for that matter??

U are a useless waste of Oxygen.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:59am On Aug 06, 2016
Lana1:
Lmao. I dont know if i should cry or laugh at ur condition. U are quite unfortunate really. And i'll forever blame myself for having the misfortune of bumping into ur inherent stupîdity.

Since last season wrapped up, where u see me dey troll any thread or to dey post meme for that matter??

U are a useless waste of Oxygen.

Huh? Lol!
People knows my motto on here: liars and cowards don't sit well with me!
With that, I'll ignore you like I've always done.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:06am On Aug 06, 2016
Diademk07:

Huh? Lol!
People knows my motto on here: liars and cowards don't sit well with me!
With that, I'll ignore you like I've always done.
Lol. The only coward here is u. Point to a thread where i've trolled and posted memes since end of last season or shut the fûck up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:39am On Aug 06, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:

I can see you are a brain dead individual...How much did I contribute?

The cable bill and viewership rights do you know what bank accounts it's going to?...When you watch their matches do you know how viewership works.

Please shut it, if you don't have any intelligent thing to say

See dis scallywag!!! So, for your mind, u don yarn very "intelligent" thing. No be only cable na wire... na all the wasted effort upon your life I dey sorry for. Idiot!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:40am On Aug 06, 2016
PietroRico:
so, you too can vex grin

A no vex o...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:45am On Aug 06, 2016
4-1-4-1 diamond formation....I couldn't find it anywhere. Please kagawa come and post any link to it. I am interested in this new type of formation.I used to think the DM is the base of the diamond till i saw your post, then i discovered a DM can be the table the diamond is kept on.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:14am On Aug 06, 2016
LTSHANGY:

Tey tey grin
maybe all this China guys wey just buy AC Milan go pump money into the club. it is just too sad to see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 5:06am On Aug 06, 2016
So this Moyes played against Dortmund... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 06, 2016
RuuDie:

See dis scallywag!!! So, for your mind, u don yarn very "intelligent" thing. No be only cable na wire... na all the wasted effort upon your life I dey sorry for. Idiot!

Of course you are from the hood idiot...6 years ago I Watched my first and only Man Utd match during their tour...Where did my ticket go to?

Idiot...I bet you have never gone to a game or even watched any of their matches legally...If you don't argue intelligently then I suggest you STFU.

My cable bills do you know how much their Stations take from it?

Useless Vagabond
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 06, 2016
Diademk07:
Lmao!

E pain am!

But e get time to dey troll or post meme ba?Lol!

Can's stop laughing!

I no get time to dey kabach with you! Go follow Mourinho do that!

Idiot, I just saw your post...Look around you...I have been here less than a week and I can see you are the clown in this section

Bathroom analyst...Sit down for toilet, checking live score and come here to yarn nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) (3115) (3116) (3117) ... (14227) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.