Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,480 members, 7,895,041 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 08:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8961204 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3133) (3134) (3135) (3136) (3137) (3138) (3139) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
lordfalcao:
55 tackles seriously angry 42 key passes angry
When N'golo is averaging 170+ grin
comparion.... can ngolo Kante score 8 goals in a season?
can he make 12 assists ?

check out players role on d field before comparing.

BTW zhow me a player that recorded more assista than pogba in Italy last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
eph12:

You again? How do you watch or analyze your football? Di Maria at Madrid was the most hardworking player in that team ask barca fans. I don't just understand you. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Of course as a box-box CM in his 6 months wonder performance, his pressing was handy!
But Is that what we're talking about here?
Get off my face already!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
Dadehmola:

If your are attempting to compare a spurs side that only managed to qualify for the CL after 48years to a juve side that had experienced CL winners on their ranks, you are on your own.
This doesn't matter now. All that talk of "experienced CL winners" is just unnecessary oriki. In football, u can only beat the team that is in front of u. E no concern anybody if it took u 100 yrs to qualify for UCL or if ur team is filled with Balon D'Or winners. Inter was a team full of Champions and world class players at the time. Yet Bale still breezed past them. Maicon cant forget Bale in a hurry especially after that first leg.

When/How did Walcott destroy Milan in the CL??
sorry. I meant Liverpool. Bale's run for the first goal against Inter wasn't so different against Walcott's run and assist for Adebayor vs a decent Liverpool team that made UCL final the season b4 and were on their way to anoda UCL semifinal. But like i stated all b4, all that one na just achievement that wont help u beat the team u're currently facing.

When you break the transfer record for a midfielder (who isnt exactly gonna guarantee 20 goals a season like Frank Lampard) ,It isnt outta place to expect him to be one of the top 3 players in the world.
Pogba isn't a winger or a striker. So no way he'll guarantee anybody 20 goals per season. Frank Lampard was a beast. And no way the current Pogba will ever reach those heights. But he's still 23 and time still dey for improvements so there's still hope for him.
I also dint want Pogba signed for those fees. But u obviously will admit that Pogba is an upgrade on all the CMs we ve. Especially that Belgian Fig tree. So ni no fit complain much.

For me, Pogba has never been good enough to even make the top 5 list.
Yes for u. But both Fifa and Uefa still rate him highly above most CMs in the world right now.

Like i said earlier, it was perfectly okay to have criticized Bale's Transfer fee that year but if Madrid were all out to buy a potential goal-scoring/Assisting Genius (as evidenced by his exploits in England), the comparison with the present Pogba doesnt cut it.
Bale's transfer never gathered as much heat as this Pogba's transfer. Na wetin dey annoy me be dat. And if Madrid had signed him, we would ve hyeard of how Madrid was signing anoda world class player. But becoz say na United, na different story.

Pogba made both Uefa and Fifa best 11 last year. He was the best young player at the world cup. 4 time Italian league champion. Considering the craziness in today's transfer market, is transfer fee is well justified.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
lekkie073:
comparion....
can ngolo Kante score 8 goals in a season?

can he make 12 assists ?

check out players role on d field before comparing.

BTW
zhow me a player that recorded more assista than pogba in Italy last season.
No mind dem. They are all eager to troll and criticize Pogba now. But in truth, they'll take him over Oscar anyday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
dopeJemi:

You no go vex if person tell you that thing? Talk true
Considering i was making unfair remarks about a players transfer fee wey neva reach up to 24 hrs since he signed, i no fit vex
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
PietroRico:
If you like bring out your calculator and spreadsheet, do our accounting for us from now till tomorrow!
Na your container of zobo.

What concerns me is that, he is an upgrade on what we have and will definitely improve the team and the club makes enough money to afford him. It's not as if some sugar mummy is pumping free money from somewhere.

If you like ejaculąte on every foot he put wrong during the course of the season, na your balls go ache
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
Diademk07:

I already trashed out this argument. Just watch his Leicester/Newcastle/Wolfsburg/Stoke performance. He tends to follow the ball around while leaving his partner.

Furthermore, it his pace and strength to hold off attackers that makes him stand out but whenever other attackers can match him for that pace and strength, he often look clueless.
Even if I don't remember other matches I can remember Leicester. There was nothing he did wrong that was so obvious. For someone that had below par players around him last season he held his own well. Yes he does push ball forward and that's because of the useless midfield we have but he never neglects his defensive duties. Never! He may have caused us some trouble but he was one of the most consistent players in the league last season. Every opponent attack was direct to our defense because of the nonexistent midfield. Of course I don't expect you to know this not to talk of agreeing to this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
Diademk07:

Of course as a box-box CM in his 6 months wonder performance, his pressing was handy!
But Is that what we're talking about here?
Get off my face already!
6 months? When mourinho carried the league and Spanish cup Di Maria was very instrumental. When Ancelloti carried the champions league Di Maria was at his best throughout. Go watch that final against Athletico again. Bros na wa o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chestar5:
Money dont win league
lecture us on Chelshit's first league win after 50 years.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
PietroRico:
Lol.. Renato sanches looking like a very good deal already?
I can bet my left arm that, the story would have been completely different if United had payed 35m for an 18 year old jambody merchant with about 6 months of Football experience in the fúcking Portuguese top flight division.

We would have been seeing some yoruba words side by side with maga all over the board.

If you add other clauses in his contract, he's worth up to if not more than £65m. Gomes of Portugal nko? If you add clauses too then he's worth more than £50m. The transfer market is uber inflated, I can't really blame United on the fee, just wished we went for Kante/Matuidi instead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
eph12:

Even if I don't remember other matches I can remember Leicester. There was nothing he did wrong that was so obvious. For someone that had below par players around him last season he held his own well. Yes he does push ball forward and that's because of the useless midfield we have but he never neglects his defensive duties. Never! He may have caused us some trouble but he was one of the most consistent players in the league last season. Every opponent attack was direct to our defense because of the nonexistent midfield. Of course I don't expect you to know this not to talk of agreeing to this.

I don't even know how to respond to you because your opinion is always out of point.

Who said he neglected his defensive duties? I was talking about his tendency to follow the ball which could result to the opponent easily dribbling/pacing around him instead of him standing his ground..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
sinizia:

If you add other clauses in his contract, he's worth up to if not more than £65m. Gomes of Portugal nko? If you add clauses too then he's worth more than £50m. The transfer market is uber inflated, I can't really blame United on the fee, just wished we went for Kante/Matuidi instead.
We could go on and on.
At the end of the day, anyone that refuses to make peace with the reality on ground will be like someone who goes to the beach and starts screaming about indecent dressing.
Na him go tire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sunderland agree fee with #MUFC for Paddy McNair & Donald Love. [sky]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
Diademk07:

I don't even know how to respond to you because your opinion is always out of point.

Who said he neglected his defensive duties? I was talking about his tendency to follow the ball which could result to the opponent easily dribbling/pacing around him instead of him standing his ground..
Easily dribbling around Smalling? Lol. You are smart.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
eph12:

6 months? When mourinho carried the league and Spanish cup Di Maria was very instrumental. When Ancelloti carried the champions league Di Maria was at his best throughout. Go watch that final against Athletico again. Bros na wa o.

He was part of Mourinho team that won the league but was he consistent? I even remembered Ozil moving to the right wing to accommodate one spanish midfielder (I'll search for the name of that player later)/Kaka in the middle in their best run when they won the league.

And uneder Ancellotti, he was benched for majority of the 1st half of the season while Bale was out injured. The fact that he only made a come back as a makeshift box-box Cm after Khedira injury already tell the story.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
MrDojo:
Aaah bro, wen you get good netwrk abeg post those stats.......

Are you sure pogba had beta starts than bale pre-madrid...
Considerng the both play different roles, i'll limit the stats to goals, assists and any individual accolades.

Bale 6 yrs at Tottenham:
Apps: 139, Mins played: 11752
Goals: 47, Assists: 25

2 PFA Player of the year, 1 PFA young Player of the year, 1 UEFA team of the year.

Pogba 4 years at Juve:
Apps: 164, Mins played: 12907
Goals: 31, Assists: 28

4 time league Champion, 15/16 Top Assist provider, 2 Serie A TOTY, Best Young Player at the World Cup, 2015 Fifa TOTY, 2015 Uefa TOTY. I no wan add his 2013 Golden boy award b4 some people come and start saying something else lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
SailorXY:
lecture us on Chelshit's first league win after 50 years.

No mind that one. Since Chelshit can't out-spend other clubs like before, she's now on a hypocrisy Kool aid. She's conveniently forgotten Chelshit spent £30M each on Bathsauyi and Kante, and if the rumors are true, will fork out nothing less than 50M for Mahrez. Yeye!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chelsea offered €90 million for Paul Pogba last year but the player rejected the move. [Di Marzio] #MUFC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
eph12:

Easily dribbling around Smalling? Lol. You are smart.

Yes!
His pace and strength helps him a lot but he often look clueless with pacy attackers that can match him as well.
I don't know why I'm even arguing with you. Our Newcastle game where he was at fault for almost all the 3 goals tells the story.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
The fee for Paddy McNair and Donald Love agreed between #mufc and Sunderland is £5.5m [mail]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
Diademk07:

Yes!
His pace and strength helps him a lot but he often look clueless with pacy attackers that can match him as well.
I don't know why I'm even arguing with you. Our Newcastle game where he was at fault for almost all the 3 goals tells the story.
So you know before you can attach something with somebody it has to be consistent. Smalling has the ability to be the best defender in the world. He only needs quality midfield around him just like other world class defenders. But one thing am sure is that players don't easily go pass Smalling. At a time last season I was pitying Smalling and De Gea. They were the only two players in that team that were consistent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
Oasis007:

Who's had a better Summer between the two Manchester Clubs?!
Considering both teams and both managers, i'd say they've both done well. They've pointed out their team's weaknesses and ve identified their targets. So no clear winner on who's had the better summer.
Its when the season starts that all the signings would be justified......or not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
PietroRico:
The fee for Paddy McNair and Donald Love agreed between #mufc and Sunderland is £5.5m [mail]
Sunderland have agreed a joint fee of around £8m with United for Paddy McNair & Donald Love. [telegraph]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ramos to the rescue again..
I know why Madrid can't sell him to United or exchange him for De Gae.. Top defender

Sevilla no sabi defend honestly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Eph, The spanish guy was Granero and there were other players like Callejon and Higuian who were given plenty of game time.
Check this and tell me how Di Maria was important in Mourino"s title winning: www.transfermarkt.com/angel-di-maria/leistungsdaten/spieler/45320/plus/0?saison=2011
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
eph12:

So you know before you can attach something with somebody it has to be consistent. Smalling has the ability to be the best defender in the world. He only needs quality midfield around him just like other world class defenders. But one thing am sure is that players don't easily go pass Smalling. At a time last season I was pitying Smalling and De Gea. They were the only two players in that team that were consistent.

He still need to work on his positioning and reading of the game though. And his poor ball skills won't make him attain that height.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chestar5:
Money dont win league
how was mancity Able to win d league and arsenal could not in d last 10 yes if itsnot money ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
PietroRico:
Maybe Moyes can do some works for us there at S'land. He should come for more players like Young, etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chestar5:
Money dont win league

grin

Go back to Chelsea Thread NOW!!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
chrisley024:
Maybe Moyes can do some works for us there at S'land. He should come for more players like Young, etc
Abi o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrDojo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
I did nt even knw he had all those awards already.....most of the awards are young player of the year awards and team awards....hope the guy will step up for manure.....I like the player...just sad he went to a rival.....

I believe in the long term he will be a good buy.....but this season I tink the pressure on him will be too much for him...he can not afford to have a poor start.....every1 is after him...especially the English press...

@ least we get to see the Ninja Zebra in the EPL

Its good u did not include the Gloden boy award to me its shit ( becuz most of the winners never become superstars, except a few of them tho...messi, rooney,cesc n co )...
Lana1:
Considerng the both play different roles, i'll limit the stats to goals, assists and any individual accolades.

Bale 6 yrs at Tottenham:
Apps: 139, Mins played: 11752
Goals: 47, Assists: 25

2 PFA Player of the year, 1 PFA young Player of the year, 1 UEFA team of the year.

Pogba 4 years at Juve:
Apps: 164, Mins played: 12907
Goals: 31, Assists: 28

4 time league Champion, 15/16 Top Assist provider, 2 Serie A TOTY, Best Young Player at the World Cup, 2015 Fifa TOTY, 2015 Uefa TOTY. I no wan add his 2013 Golden boy award b4 some people come and start saying something else lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
Any update on swinesteger?

Apparently moaninghoe likes fellaini, someone should hook me up with his jazz master

Error 404 stupid hair, stupid brain, stupid pass, stupid pace, stupid wife, stupid car, stupid fashion, stupid goal

Everything is stupid

(1) (2) (3) ... (3133) (3134) (3135) (3136) (3137) (3138) (3139) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Joezinho and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.