Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8893591 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3270) (3271) (3272) (3273) (3274) (3275) (3276) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 10:16am On Sep 11, 2016
angry

That "lingaard experiment" should officially have ended yesterday!

Its better we let "martial"( wonder why he was even on the bench after scoring for france?) or even "depay" try to play their way back into form! Lingaard is "sub material"!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2016
There's rumour Shaw picked up hamstring injury. Hoping it's false
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2016
chrisley024:
There's rumour Shaw picked up hamstring injury. Hoping it's false
It better be false. He was one of the few bright players yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2016
elampiro:

Bailly is as culpable as Blind for the first goal we conceded.

Rooney's decision making and final balls are still the best in the team. Pogba decided to shoot from 30 yards even when Ibrahimovic had escaped from his marker reading for a drop ball to nod in. I have seen many like that in the team. SAF boys were very good at making the correct decision, the reason he didn't want to leave Giggs.

Ibrahimovic is great buy he needs to improve on his awareness in the fast paced EPL. He should have easily equalised just before half time if he was aware of his environment. The keeper was out, that he knew, but he failed to realize the man that was with him had long left to block the post.

There is big hope for this team.

You are joking right?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
patrickmuf:
You are joking right?

Correct 100%

He may have lost some of his pace, his shooting and dribbling. He has the sharpest awareness in the team and the best decision making.

I see many times Martial, Lingard, Young and Memphis would go behind the defence line from the wing, but their final pass to pick a man is mostly disappointing after initial good work. There are times they need to put the ball on someone's head, they would just hit a low cross, etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
patrickmuf:
You are joking right?
he's right though, which further highlights our failure of creativity through the middle even our wingers are not dishing out performance a team as big as united should be accustomed to, valencia and shaw ve been covering up their ass, (well they just got exposed yesterday.) we get europa game next, its time to give the others their chance to prove dia worth and most importantly revert to a 433 (which i personally think is the best for the squad we ve at our disposal)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
This club, ehh.

Theatre of nightmare cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
What a beauty and orgàsmic to the eyes, reading scummies typing that they have Europa league this Thursday.

How times have truly changed..... grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Seriously tho how person go get three haircuts in one month?? Oga o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney's decision making and final balls are still the best in the team.

AN HONEST ASSESSMENT:

"At this point we are duty-bound to praise
Rooney for ‘trying to make things happen’.
Which basically means "tearing around, chasing
balls, flying into tackles for which he really
should have been booked sooner, attempting to start a fight with Guardiola, taking all the set-pieces and appealing every time the ball hits an opposition player on any part of his body in the box."

"By the end of the game he had lost possession more times than anybody else on the pitch (23), which – granted – only happens when you are ‘trying to make things happen’. But for real influence, check out De Bruyne, nominally playing in the same position as Rooney at the opening whistle but making a lot less noise while having a lot more impact."

Sarah winterburn...www.football365.com

She's british, a respected soccer analyst and editor for one of the u.k's best soccer websites? Has worked extensively with media outlets such as sky, daily mail, daily mirror!

Elamps keep quiet abeg!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Yawnited
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
Thanks y'all was so happy yesterday, for the first time in my life took part in sport betting, I played bet9ja when I saw the odd was 3.5 for man city hated these scummies so much I placed a substantial amount on City to win and was handsomely rewarded. grin grin grin grin

Troll aside what I realised abt u peeps game prior to city is that there was nothing so spectacular abt it other than the fear factor.

Teams were playing against u guys conservatively perhaps due to the fear of the new manager or the big names and the noise ur transfers generated hence they hardly really attack. Your games were won not cos of some tactical genius.

Now that City has shown the world the fraud y'all are, I expect to C Watford run riot next week.
Hopefully you can encourage yourself to bet substantially on your team someday.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
weedtaker:
he's right though, which further highlights our failure of creativity through the middle even our wingers are not dishing out performance a team as big as united should be accustomed to, valencia and shaw ve been covering up their ass, (well they just got exposed yesterday.) we get europa game next, its time to give the others their chance to prove dia worth and most importantly revert to a 433 (which i personally think is the best for the squad we ve at our disposal)
what type of midfielder do we have in our team that can play the remain two positions in the midfield to make this work?
I haven't watched enough juve games to know how far.
am watching this derby game for the first time and Pogba no dey try at all except for some brief moments.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
This Europa level club? Seun, close this thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
SIRcumalot:

what type of midfielder do we have in our team that can play the remain two positions in the midfield to make this work?
I haven't watched enough juve games to know how far.
am watching this derby game for the first time and Pogba no dey try at all except for some brief moments.
Herera Fellaini Schenedelin Carrick Bastian. For this really to work our front three and full backs need to be very effective. When the full backs go marauding forward the two midfielders cover for them. In that way we have 3 attackers + 1 midfielder+ 2 full backs as part of the attacking set up. Gives the team width and makes them unpredictable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pataki:
What a beauty and orgàsmic to the eyes, reading scummies typing that they have Europa league this Thursday.

How times have truly changed..... grin
Their third appearance in three seasons, Europa is gradually becoming a natural habitat for scummies
No amount of money can redeem them and I won't be surprised if their Pogba finally dumps them for Real Madrid next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
Funlordjnr:

AN HONEST ASSESSMENT:

"At this point we are duty-bound to praise
Rooney for ‘trying to make things happen’.
Which basically means "tearing around, chasing
balls, flying into tackles for which he really
should have been booked sooner, attempting to start a fight with Guardiola, taking all the set-pieces and appealing every time the ball hits an opposition player on any part of his body in the box."

"By the end of the game he had lost possession more times than anybody else on the pitch (23), which – granted – only happens when you are ‘trying to make things happen’. But for real influence, check out De Bruyne, nominally playing in the same position as Rooney at the opening whistle but making a lot less noise while having a lot more impact."

Sarah winterburn...www.football365.com

She's british, a respected soccer analyst and editor for one of the u.k's best soccer websites? Has worked extensively with media outlets such as sky, daily mail, daily mirror!

Elamps keep quiet abeg!

See this article added unconnected corner kicks taken by Rooney, free kicks, Crosses and said Rooney lost most possession. I have my stats.

Even so, Mkhitaryan and Lingard lost possession most if prorated to the one half they played. Lingard was mainly anonymous, not necessarily losing possession.

Rooney was one of our top performers, it is even evident on the pitch

You no know ball. .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lana1:
Seriously tho how person go get three haircuts in one month?? Oga o
Now u know y u are MAGA yawnited.

Shawty say she no come for the BALLeee oooo, him come for the money oooo.......... whistles outta thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mourinho said he included Mkhitaryan and Lingard in anticipation of City boss Pep Guardiola trying to bring his full-backs into midfield as he has done during the opening weeks of the season.
However, the ove did not emerge during a pulsating contest and the Portuguese said the loss could not be attributed to a tactical breakdown.
"They respected our capacity to attack through the wings," he added. "They thought about [Antonio] Valencia, they thought about Luke Shaw, they thought about our wingers. They didn't do that.
"They brought [John] Stones into that space a few times. So we didn't have a tactical problem; we had a problem with poor performances – giving the ball away very, very easy.

"Our central defenders, who were top class until today, they lost easy balls. Bad, bad passes from [Eric] Bailly to [Marouane] Fellaini, from [Daley] Blind to [Paul] Pogba. We lost the ball in these kind of positions.

"So it was not just Mkhi and Jesse. It was much more than Mkhi and Jesse."

m.goal.com/s/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/09/10/27380612/dont-blame-mkhitaryan-and-lingard-for-derby-loss-mourinho?ICID=OP
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
eph12:

Herera Fellaini Schenedelin Carrick Bastian. For this really to work our front three and full backs need to be very effective. When the full backs go marauding forward the two midfielders cover for them. In that way we have 3 attackers + 1 midfielder+ 2 full backs as part of the attacking set up. Gives the team width and makes them unpredictable.
I don't believe any of these guys can provide effective cover when we lose the ball upfront it isn't like our forwards sabi press sef.
juventus defence is still one of the best in the world so dey can afford stuff like this.
Pogba's skill set should enable him to function well enough in our system,
hopefully yesterday na one-off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Funlord

If set plays and crossing from the wings are used as part of possession lost calculation, then Ozil and Silva would have the highest possession lost for their teams.

If you want to calculate possession lost, look at:

1. Dispossessed
2. Pass accuracy stat

Rooney had 80% pass accuracy which was the 3rd highest in the team, and 2nd among the players that ended the game. Only Valencia had higher pass accuracy among the players that finished the game.

Rooney had only 3 disposesion in the whole 90 minutes. He had zero unsuccessful touch. But Mkhitaryan had 3 dispossession and another 3 unsuccessful touch in just 45 minutes despite playing in the wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
I like the fact that people are intentionally ignoring the trolls like kokaneprodigy while he is trying so hard to poss someone off. Arsenal escaped with a 2-1 win and they are suddenly world class...lol. After barca 's loss at home to a newly promoted side yesterday I stopped feeling too bad about the game. We played a good team and Mourinho made the number one mistake of any game like this. Don't change ur winning formula, instead make improvements from ur last game like starting rashford, someone who is never scared of the occasion despite his age ..not people who just returned from injuries, fazed by derbies or never experienced a machester derby
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
joeace2020:
I like the fact that people are intentionally ignoring the trolls like kokaneprodigy while he is trying so hard to poss someone off. Arsenal escaped with a 2-1 win and they are suddenly world class...lol. After barca 's loss at home to a newly promoted side yesterday I stopped feeling too bad about the game. We played a good team and Mourinho made the number one mistake of any game like this. Don't change ur winning formula, instead make improvements from ur last game like starting rashford, someone who is never scared of the occasion despite his age ..not people who just returned from injuries, fazed by derbies or never experienced a machester derby

Arsenal were helped by a penalty that was not a penalty. It even came at 91st minute.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I don't believe any of these guys can provide effective cover when we lose the ball upfront it isn't like our forwards sabi press sef.
juventus defence is still one of the best in the world so dey can afford stuff like this.
Pogba's skill set should enable him to function well enough in our system,
hopefully yesterday na one-off.
If they put in their best they would make it work. They only need to take every match serious. This is one reason why I admire Pep teams. Football starts from the kick off. Not strolling around and waiting for nothing. When I was talking about style all play some of us were not getting me. I meant imposing style from the get go and not second half. That way we can win matches before half time therefore introducing fringe players and resting key players for the next match

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
elampiro:

Arsenal were helped by a penalty that was not a penalty. It even came at 91st minute.

Tomorrow they'll come here and scream pdp
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
joeace2020:
I like the fact that people are intentionally ignoring the trolls like kokane.prodigy while he is trying so hard to poss someone off. Arsenal escaped with a 2-1 win and they are suddenly world class...lol. After barca 's loss at home to a newly promoted side yesterday I stopped feeling too bad about the game. We played a good team and Mourinho made the number one mistake of any game like this. Don't change ur winning formula, instead make improvements from ur last game like starting rashford, someone who is never scared of the occasion despite his age ..not people who just returned from injuries, fazed by derbies or never experienced a machester derby
What would it benefit son of man to reply a cocaine addict?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
eph12:

If they put in their best they would make it work. They only need to take every match serious. This is one reason why I admire Pep teams. Football starts from the kick off. Not strolling around and waiting for nothing. When I was talking about style all play some of us were not getting me. I meant imposing style from the get go and not second half. That way we can win matches before half time therefore introducing fringe players and resting key placyers for the next match

Let's be real, there are not many teams in today's football that can play imposing style against a pep team from the get go. Look at in Spain barca could tap till forever while Madrid players kept fighting to keep up, collecting needless yellow cards n red cards, same in Germany with bayern n now he's turning this team to another tiki taka unit. Let's be honest the man can coach and tiki taka works anywhere. LVG tried it allbeit with average players and a too conservative style. The best anyone can do against his teams is come physical and play agressively. He's never liked his teams physical as is obvious from his transfers compared to ours. He likes smallish passes of the ball. The game yesterday needed physical guys as well as dribblers and martial and rashford are more physical than that annoying lingard and mikitaryan. The game plan was fine...the players on the pitch weren't. Did u notice he threw in fernadinho when he noticed how the match was tilting towards us. He was just lucky we started with the wrong people. In this league the most agressive team wins the league and Pep would learn that hard.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Their third appearance in three seasons, Europa is gradually becoming a natural habitat for scummies
No amount of money can redeem them and I won't be surprised if their Pogba finally dumps them for Real Madrid next season.

Our first appearance in the first season was against?

You are the most ignorant niggaa on the board, answer the question I asked you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
dopeJemi:

Our first appearance in the first season was against?

You are the most ignorant niggaa on the board, answer the question I asked you

Why do you bother? Do you do cocaine too?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
Where are the gays svcking baillys dìck before?

I maintain my stance, Mourinho signing Bailliy was an unnecessary waste of money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
eph12:

What would it benefit son of man to reply a cocaine addict?

Nothing except pages of nonsense back and forth garbage
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
joeace2020:

Why do you bother? Do you do cocaine too?

I love exposing ignorant niggas

(1) (2) (3) ... (3270) (3271) (3272) (3273) (3274) (3275) (3276) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.