Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,751 members, 7,905,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8997313 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3425) (3426) (3427) (3428) (3429) (3430) (3431) ... (14274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
Rooney starting over Memphis

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jose don sign sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
#letMikiplay

;(
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
It's not a bad lineup...Damian hasn't really had much chance to prove himself this season and Rooney playing upfront won't stiffle our play.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by keypad1: 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
Party must dey here this nite.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Aha....

Mourihno had two centre-fowards on the bench and i think Demba Ba was a chelsea player at the time, yet he decided to start the game "Strikerless"

Torres came on...same way Azpilicueta & Mikel came on for Hazard and Schurlle respectively and you say he no park bus?

I don't believe he parked the bus. That's the time he was trying to sign Rooney. I believe he used that to prove that he didn't have confidence in the strikers he had.

That's the stats of the match. How can he park the bus with those stats? Can we equally say Pep parked the bus yesterday because he didn't play a known striker?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
UniqueGem:
No Mkhitaryan again. Mourinho what's wrong with you? He needs game time before introducing him to Chelsea.

And which assurance do we have that the lad would even make the bench against Chelsea?

If Mourihno doesnt want Miki again, make he sell am for January biko.

It's getting annoying! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
adebayo201:
#letMikiplay

;(

"You no know Ball"-Elampìro 2016.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
keypad1:
be warned...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wingback:

"You no know Ball"-Elampìro 2016.
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
keypad1:

Come FT, you won't have anything to type on your keypad.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
adebayo201:
undecided

Bathroom analyst...Micki just came back from an injury after his shocking display at Etihad, as a coach I wouldn't be too welcoming at introducing him back to the squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wingback:

Bathroom analyst...Micki just came back from an injury after his shocking display at Etihad, as a coach I wouldn't be too welcoming at introducing him back to the squad.
sorry canopy pundit... I'm not talking about starting him at least being on a bench will be a plus for him ahead of Chelsea game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wingback:

Well people that have been having bad games have been starting every match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
eph12:

Well people that have been having bad games have been starting every match

You mean Elampìros Boyfriend? cheesy

See, there's an heirarchy in squads and Mikitaryan has a low rank currently, I would love for him to start but so far he hasn't justified a place in the team yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
FOX sports is TRASH...I fvcking detest their deadpan commentary.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
Mou to park the bus, Manure to lose, RVP to score
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cocaine is a hell of a drug grin

How is Lingard a First Team player...This United is utter shìt

Na wa oh...These boys are rubbishing me here...FVCK you Lingard grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
And what's with the one player Kickoff...That's just shìt, I hope it doesn't come to the MLS...Anyways...Kickoff...I will be back to criticize Mourinhos every flaw while tactically evading giving him due praise...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
dopeJemi:

Really? When a team parks the bus, they are supposed to have less possession/ see less of the ball but in those games against Feyenoord and watford we had more possession, more passes completion, more shots, more corners

How is that? How can a team park the bus and still beat its opponent In every positive statistics? I'm finding it difficult to understand
A game is of two halves. United parked against City in the 1st half but came out in the 2nd half.

Against Feyenoord we played them in the first half and it was really close. Below is the stat as at half time.

But it was early in the 2nd half we parked right up to the point where Zlatan came in. That was when we started to show urgency in our game looking for the equalizer.

Can you also explain how boring mourinho's team has created more chances per possession than any other team in the top flight? How can a park the bus team achieve such?
Seriously?? I find that hard to believe.
Besides, when did u become an Arsenal fan that u'd be celebrating mediocre stats?? Besides even if those stats was true, can u confidently beat ur chest and say u are happy with it?? Especially with our poor form and poor results we've been having lately?? Abi shey u neva check table see wia we dey ni??

Anyways, match time don reach make we park this bus for now until later....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
tess1:

I don't believe he parked the bus. That's the time he was trying to sign Rooney. I believe he used that to prove that he didn't have confidence in the strikers he had.

Lmao...

Prior to that game, he started Torres vs (Hull) and Ba in the next game (vs Aston Villa).

His pursuit of Rooney had nothing to do with his decision to be typically defensive against potential title rivals away from home.

tess1:

That's the stats of the match. How can he park the bus with those stats? Can we equally say Pep parked the bus yesterday because he didn't play a known striker?

Those stats are kinda redudant cos i remember that Moyes was even criticized for the team's cautious approach that day - this even makes it worse as Mourihno literarily parked the bus against a team that was managed by a timid rookie who was also afraid of losing.

Everyone knows that Pep has always favoured the false 9 strategy and it is actually one of the tactics that has been used to implement his attacking and possession football over the years - this is a manager who had problems fitting Ibrahimovic into his side and rather prefered the likes of Pedro. This is the same manager who dropped Lewandowski on some ocassions and played Muller instead. Yesterday, Kevin De bruyne (one of the most inform attackers in Europe as we speak) started as a false 9 for Pep.

On the contrary, a manager (who has always been synonymous with ultra- defensive tactics) started Andre Schurlle (a winger known for his work ethics and tactical discipline) as lead striker while they had 3 centre fowards who were fit. He also made 2 ultra defensive substitutions during the game.

It is evident that Mou Parked the bus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Rooney is even too fat to take a throughball in his strides.

SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
AdisaOwala:
Rooney is even too fat to take a throughball in his strides.

SMH

LMFAO...What a waste of money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
Pogba... Smh. Modern day football has gone bunkers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
What's with all these Crosses, thought we got rid of van gaal^^^
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
Rooneys been demoted of penalties too?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
See that fine pass from Carrick!!
Pogba don mad for head finish
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
WTF is Pogba taking penalties...This is Shameful to say the least
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
Another penalty

That pass from Mata though.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hohohoho

The writing is on the wall in bright neon.

It's the end of an era
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
choi

see as dem use BAILY wipe grass
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nihilist:
Rooneys been demoted of penalties too?
elampiro wont agree. He will come and tell us Rooney allowed them to take it

(1) (2) (3) ... (3425) (3426) (3427) (3428) (3429) (3430) (3431) ... (14274) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.