Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,695 members, 7,924,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 07:14 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9062878 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3650) (3651) (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) ... (14305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2016
elrony:
Merry Christmas everyone grin grin grin
Lmao .Merry Christmas.. No go chop wound urself o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 8:03am On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas all ye mancunians! I dey come everybody house with big spoon today oo..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Wingback is that you?

Legend has it that this account is run by Wingback sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:01am On Dec 25, 2016
Odunharry:

Lmao
.Merry Christmas..
No go chop wound urself o

Hehehehe. ..it's going down inna kitchen! !!! grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:03am On Dec 25, 2016
LoRdCaT:
Merry Christmas all ye mancunians! I dey come everybody house with big spoon today oo..

Hehehehe. ..that's if your belle go fit carry am. grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 10:29am On Dec 25, 2016
elrony:

Hehehehe. ..that's if your belle go fit carry am. grin cheesy
Hehehe.. Na drum i get for belle oo grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:37am On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas muthafuckas cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
Season greetings everyone..

I've just found time to follow this lindelof guy and what I've been hearing is quite similar to Stones, albeit he seems to be actually good on the ball but it's not that special BTW.

Anyway, the gist is that he's not that good in the air, shy away from tackles but good on the ball and even the stats on whoscored backs up the claim. Also, he's more comfortable as a Right CB than the left even though he's had no choice than to be deployed on the left after Benfica's most reliable defender, Jadel got injured.

I hope Benfica isn't trying to mug us the way they did to Bayern with Renato or City with their Mangala, Fernando etc.

I would have preferred a left footed CB because we have too many right footed CB except if it was a quality CB we couldn't pass up such as Van Djik.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Xmas everybody.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by momentarylapse: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
undecided
Kagawa10:

I've just found time to follow this lindelof guy and what I've been hearing is quite similar to Stones, albeit he seems to be actually good on the ball but it's not that special BTW.

Anyway, the gist is that he's not that good in the air, shy away from tackles but good on the ball and even the stats on whoscored backs up the claim. Also, he's more comfortable as a Right CB than the left even though he's had no choice than to be deployed on the left after Benfica's most reliable defender, Jadel got injured.

I hope Benfica isn't trying to mug us the way they did to Bayern with Renato or City with their Mangala, Fernando etc.

I would have preferred a left footed CB because we have too many right footed CB except if it was a quality CB we couldn't pass up such as Van Djik.

This one on christmas day again you wan complain dey find fault? Haba....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas.
E ku odun o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
Kagawa10:

Mangala and Fernando played for Porto.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas folks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
van djik don join city finish,soton can't say no to the kind of money city will throw at them.
Jose almost never buys a bad defender so I dey alright.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
momentarylapse:
undecided

This one of christmas day again you wan complain dey find fault? Haba....

The thing dey tire person.. Anyway Merry Christmas to everyone, lovers of United, pretenders, haters and gayners alike grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
Wishing us all the best of the season's tidings...Merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance folks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
SIRcumalot:
van djik don join city finish,soton can't say no to the kind of money city will throw at them.

Mourinho almost signed Stones at Chelsea if not for Abramovich who stalled the negotiation due to the high price.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
olabode89:

Mangala and Fernando played for Porto.

Apologies..

It's still all dem portuguese anyway. I think Benfica sold Gaitan who's flopping hard at Atletico, not to even mention how they were trying to force the same Gaitan on us few years back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
Kagawa10:

Apologies..

It's still all dem portuguese anyway. I think Benfica sold Gaitan who's flopping hard at Atletico, not to even mention how they were trying to force the same Gaitan on us few years back.

No p bro...

Truetalk though, of recent the Portuguese primera liga have been duping a lot of clubs with their overhyped players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
olabode89:

No p bro...

Truetalk though, of recent the Portuguese primera liga have been duping a lot of clubs with their overhyped players.

Exactly!

I hope the lindelof guy comes good though because I wouldn't want another Stones in our team, considering how hard I hoped that Mourinho wouldn't go back for Stones at united.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
I don't want any Portuguese league defender. Mangala and Otamendi were chairmen in that league facing mediocre strikers.
This Lindelof's whoscored page lists TACKLING as his major weakness, what kind of defender is that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas house.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
Van Dijk who is used to the league makes more sense and if we are going into Europe Varane, Marquinhos, Jose Gimenez are better or Romagnoli who is left footed is an attractive option.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
afrodoc2:

I don't want any Portuguese league defender. Mangala and Otamendi were chairmen in that league facing mediocre strikers.
This Lindelof's whoscored page lists TACKLING as his major weakness, what kind of defender is that?

Pep's kind of defender grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
SIRcumalot:
This thing dey vex me sha angry
So Linde-whatever wey we neva see b4 is beta dan Van Dijk wey don dey ball for Soton this season especially in the EPL??
Iss ok!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
Kagawa10:

Mourinho almost signed Stones at Chelsea if not for Abramovich who stalled the negotiation due to the high price.
and stones would be better today if he had joined.
he has played under two manager that praise his ball playing skill and ignored his primary craft.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lana1:
This thing dey vex me sha angry
So Linde-whatever wey we neva see b4 is beta dan Van Dijk wey don dey ball for Soton this season especially in the EPL??
Iss ok!!
I no sure say we fit enter bidding war with city for Van Dijk.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I no sure say we fit enter bidding war with city for Van Dijk.
Why not?? We ve money. They ve money. Make we sef place bid. And wherever Van Dijk ends up will be down to his own preference.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
afrodoc2:

Van Dijk who is used to the league makes more sense and if we are going into Europe Varane, Marquinhos, Jose Gimenez are better or Romagnoli who is left footed is an attractive option.

You know I'm not that comfortable when rating defenders except those I've seen played in matches such as Stones. The thing is defenders are not that easy to judge on few clips unlike midfielders and attackers whom I could easily watch their touches in 1 or 2 particular matches and see for myself and then proceed to judge such players like I mostly did with Renato and. Embolo even before the Euros.

However, defenders are different. They could make some howlers in some clips but I know that every defenders has 1 or few more mistakes in them, that doesn't make them a bad player unless they've been known for constant stupidity, for example, Stones.

That's why I'm really hoping that the Lindelof guy comes good.

As for Van djik, he's been exceptional this season, winning several MOTM awards for the saints and was outstanding against city. I think he caught Pep's eye in that game. Also, he's really good on the ball and has done better in his passing stats in the area of long passes and throughballs than Lindelof has even done. The thing is if Lindelof isn't good at tackling, he should be at least be fantastic at interception and aerial duels but his stats isn't that promising in that area as well. The only stats that looked promising is his passing skills and it's not even better than that of Van Djik.

Anyway, I hope he becomes great for us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
SIRcumalot:

and stones would be better today if he had joined.
he has played under two manager that praise his ball playing skill and ignored his primary craft.

You can't have predicted that.

Stones is just too stupid for a footballer, there's nothing Mourinho could have done. It's not like Martinez and Pep didn't try their best. Pep brought out the best in Boateng for example.

Pep may have made the comment about 'no tackling' but I think it's was a sarcastic comment and a sweeping blanket to protect his players. We've seen that he proceeded to bench Stones after that media talk because even Pep knows the importance of defensive stability in the defence regardless of how good a player is on the ball.

I don't even think Mourinho would give him any time of day after his first few fuckupss unlike how Pep persevered with him until he just had to let go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
"Merry Christmas to all United Fans on this Thread - The best, most active and most visited Thread in Sport Section on NAIRALAND."

- Oasis007

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
Kagawa10:

Stop whining about Left footed CBs....When I was in HS...I played Deeplying Play maker CDM before my coaches shoved me to Right Back for my speed in college. Occasionally in HS I was shoved into LCB on emergencies and made it my bìtch. If you are a top quality CB your Dominant foot is irrelevant.

I think he's a poor signing typical of Mourimho but find something better than wailing over Left footed CBS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3650) (3651) (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) ... (14305) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eleshin(m), Seunpapa65, Leyqute(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.