Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,828 members, 7,872,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8893745 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
elampiro:

Giggs should retire. Anderson should have played in his place. Then we should have had the triangle midfield of Cleverly, Carrick and Anderson. At least there should have been someone to be given the ball who could have held it a little for further strategy. Nani added a little bit of that despite being match rusty. Chicharito also added some options even though he too gave away some possessions.

Giggs is a legend and he should do the honourable thing and hang up his boots.
He has the odd few game changing moments now but that's just about it.
Even he should know it's time to let go for the benefit of the team.

We need to refocus on our wing play and forget this passing around the box ish we are trying.
We don't have the players to do that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
elampiro:

Giggs should retire. Anderson should have played in his place. Then we should have had the triangle midfield of Cleverly, Carrick and Anderson. At least there should have been someone to be given the ball who could have held it a little for further strategy. Nani added a little bit of that despite being match rusty. Chicharito also added some options even though he too gave away some possessions.
Team selection was thrash, & that was why we lost! We still had more possession & called their GK more than Liverpool did despite it being far & few. Van Persie is being isolated badly & we can't win games when we leave our time bomb un-utilised
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
you people should forget this game....

no need for the overanalysis - it was a standard anfield performance. we have never ever played well @ anfield. our fixture with them on that ground is like a world cup final for them. the average scouser is satisfied with a trophyless season as long as they beat united.

man utd(fergie)

vs swansea(1-1)
vs liverpool(2-1)
vs chelsea(0-1)

4 points from 3 games
3 goals scored, 3 conceded.

man utd(moyes)
vs swansea(4-1)
vs chelsea(0-0)
vs liverpool(0-1)

4 points from 3 games
4 goals scored, 2 conceded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
coogar: you people should forget this game....

...& what do u have to say about Mr. Young? Still think he should be an option on the LMF?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
SailorXY:
...& what do u have to say about Mr. Young? Still think he should be an option on the LMF?

young was very good...
minus his mistake of getting caught on the ball that led to the liverpool corner. we still had time to defend that corner, rio allowed agger to steal the header & sturridge just flicked with his head into the net....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sirlaw2(m): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
Dnt crucify the messenger... I heard dat Kagawa wasn't included because he z being used as part of a player plus cash deal to bring his former Dortmund teammate, ikay gundogan, to old trafford.... Apparently, Kagawa z never been in David Moyes's plans at all... Dats the rumour coming from Manchester this morning...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
elampiro:

I am not even looking at result. There was no stability.

I have never watched Man United played this way. We couldn't retain the ball for more than 30 seconds.

Maybe you haven't been watching united play for long. We've ha many similar performances under Fergie. Especially at anfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
SailorXY: 1. I have said Ferdinand/Vidic partnership in big games is nonsense. Vidic/any youngster is what's useful
2. with the signing of a better box-to-box man, Cleverley & Welbeck need to drop to the bench
3. I have also said playing Young on the left wing in a club like Man Utd is like eating Cabin biscuit & Agege bread together *total insanity*
4. I have also said it would have been better to play Valencia @ RB with Zaha or Nani in RMF instead of Jones
We are lacking creativity, yet Mr. Kagawa is not even considered This is baffling! Giggs played over an hour when Anderson was not even looked at. Cleverley is kind of reducing Carrick to his level *no confidence to do anything meaningful with the ball*
In fact, the next time Moyes starts Giggs, he should be sacked! There is Januzaj, Lingard, Buttner, Fabio who can @least play instead of Giggs mehn
i've alws sed it, and wld continue to say it; TOM CLEVERLEY AND WELBECK AINT GOOD ENOF TO PLAY FOR MAN UTD, AND AS LONG AS ENGLAND CONTINUE TO DEPEND ON SUCH PLAYERS, DEY WILL NEVA DO WELL IN ANY COMPETITION!! Sme pple here wld say cleverley's strenghths is his movement, and his ability to "keep it simple". Choi!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
SailorXY: 1. I have said Ferdinand/Vidic partnership in big games is nonsense. Vidic/any youngster is what's useful
2. with the signing of a better box-to-box man, Cleverley & Welbeck need to drop to the bench
3. I have also said playing Young on the left wing in a club like Man Utd is like eating Cabin biscuit & Agege bread together *total insanity*
4. I have also said it would have been better to play Valencia @ RB with Zaha or Nani in RMF instead of Jones
We are lacking creativity, yet Mr. Kagawa is not even considered This is baffling! Giggs played over an hour when Anderson was not even looked at. Cleverley is kind of reducing Carrick to his level *no confidence to do anything meaningful with the ball*
In fact, the next time Moyes starts Giggs, he should be sacked! There is Januzaj, Lingard, Buttner, Fabio who can @least play instead of Giggs mehn
i've alws sed it, and wld continue to say it; TOM CLEVERLEY AND WELBECK AINT GOOD ENOF TO PLAY FOR MAN UTD, AND AS LONG AS ENGLAND CONTINUE TO DEPEND ON SUCH PLAYERS, DEY WILL NEVA DO WELL IN ANY COMPETITION!! Sme pple here wld say cleverley's strenghths is his movement, and his ability to "keep it simple". Choi!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
sir.law:
Dnt crucify the messenger... I heard dat Kagawa wasn't included because he z being used as part of a player plus cash deal to bring his former Dortmund teammate, ikay gundogan, to old trafford.... Apparently, Kagawa z never been in David Moyes's plans at all... Dats the rumour coming from Manchester this morning...
God forbid!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
dademola: i've alws sed it, and wld continue to say it; TOM CLEVERLEY AND WELBECK AINT GOOD ENOF TO PLAY FOR MAN UTD, AND AS LONG AS ENGLAND CONTINUE TO DEPEND ON SUCH PLAYERS, DEY WILL NEVA DO WELL IN ANY COMPETITION!! Sme pple here wld say cleverley's strenghths is his movement, and his ability to "keep it simple". Choi!!

even when we had scholes & keane at their best, anfield was a difficult ground for united. i cannot judge our strength based on this match. the judgement would come if moyes flunks matches we would normally have won.

anfield is our bogey ground!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
coogar:

young was very good...

undecided maybe I was watching another game, but let's leave it @ that cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
coogar:

young was very good...
minus his mistake of getting caught on the ball that led to the liverpool corner. we still had time to defend that corner, rio allowed agger to steal the header & sturridge just flicked with his head into the net....

young was poor.he kept getting the ball backing his marker and as a result kept passing the ball back to vidic and rio

giggs and nani on the other hand were able to face the full backs even if their final ball was inconsistent.

vidic had a near howler back pass and rio was partially culpable for the goal after young's mess up.
poor performance all round
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
afrodoc:
young was poor.he kept getting the ball backing his marker and as a result kept passing the ball back to vidic and rio

how was young poor? he made the first cross as early as the 2nd or 3rd minute. he kept the ball well, retained possession and if evra had been more clever with the ball, something would have come out of their combo in the first half. young's side of the pitch was our only penetration in the game until nani/valencia were reunited!

giggs and nani on the other hand were able to face the full backs even if their final ball was inconsistent.

giggs/nani? mention one cross delivered by giggs - in short, mention one good thing giggs did today. it was young pinging one volley that was blocked outside the box. young did better than anyone in the midfield that started the game.

vidic had a near howler back pass and rio was partially culpable for the goal after young's mess up.
poor performance all round

the people making the backpasses take the blame - vidic is a left footer, if the ball is put to his right foot, he struggles. my problem today was the lack of mobility in the midfield - vidic/rio had no one to pass to when trying to distribute. it's the reason they make back passes - cleverley & carrick kept hiding instead of making themselves available to receive passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
coogar:

how was young poor? he made the first cross as early as the 2nd or 3rd minute. he kept the ball well, retained possession and if evra had been more clever with the ball, something would have come out of their combo in the first half. young's side of the pitch was our only penetration in the game until nani/valencia were reunited!

giggs/nani? mention one cross delivered by giggs - in short, mention one good thing giggs did today. it was young pinging one volley that was blocked outside the box. young did better than anyone in the midfield that started the game.

the people making the backpasses take the blame - vidic is a left footer, if the ball is put to his right foot, he struggles. my problem today was the lack of mobility in the midfield - vidic/rio had no one to pass to when trying to distribute. it's the reason they make back passes - cleverley & carrick kept hiding instead of making themselves available to receive passes.

I agree that giggs was poor,but young did not exactly cover himself in glory either.

FYI Nemanja Vidic is RIGHT FOOTED
just that he plays on d left side of defence usually cos he is more comfortable there than d other centrebacks apart from mayb evans
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
coogar: you people should forget this game....

no need for the overanalysis - it was a standard anfield performance. we have never ever played well @ anfield. our fixture with them on that ground is like a world cup final for them. the average scouser is satisfied with a trophyless season as long as they beat united.

man utd(fergie)

vs swansea(1-1)
vs liverpool(2-1)
vs chelsea(0-1)

4 points from 3 games
3 goals scored, 3 conceded.

man utd(moyes)
vs swansea(4-1)
vs chelsea(0-0)
vs liverpool(0-1)

4 points from 3 games
4 goals scored, 2 conceded.

I know you are aware that Fergie did such things and did go away with them, he would always start woefully and win the league, can Moyes do that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
I'm more irritated by the fact Giggs started this match while Moyes just said he had to choose between Kagawa and Nani for one place on the bench than anything else. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mr_TA: I'm more irritated by the fact Giggs started this match while Moyes just said he had to choose between Kagawa and Nani for one place on the bench than anything else. angry

is dt what he said?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
nitrogen:
I know you are aware that Fergie did such things and did go away with them, he would always start woefully and win the league, Can Moyes do that?

it remains to be seen.....
if we are not around the 1st/2nd position by christmas then we can start worrying...

afrodoc:
I agree that giggs was poor,but young did not exactly cover himself in glory either.

young did better than carrick/cleverley in the first half. carrick had a pass completion of 69% in the first half, i have never seen him that poor. no real support for van persie - the crosses were too close to the goalie or blocked by the first man.

FYI Nemanja Vidic is RIGHT FOOTED
just that he plays on d left side of defence usually cos he is more comfortable there than d other centrebacks apart from mayb evans

vidic is not comfortable with the ball at his feet!
he's so unsure of himself - he's too stiff! he takes forever to decide what to do with the ball. rio is just plain lazy - a defender of his experience should be communicating where he wants his midfielders to receive the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
Yep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
coogar:

it remains to be seen.....
if we are not around the 1st/2nd position by christmas then we can start worrying...

young did better than carrick/cleverley in the first half. carrick had a pass completion of 69% in the first half, i have never seen him that poor. no real support for van persie - the crosses were too close to the goalie or blocked by the first man.

vidic is not comfortable with the ball at his feet!
he's so unsure of himself - he's too stiff! he takes forever to decide what to do with the ball. rio is just plain lazy - a defender of his experience should be communicating where he wants his midfielders to receive the ball.

just correcting ur statement that vidic is left footed.we all know he is not comfortable with d ball at his feet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pls find replacement for this average Cleverly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mr_TA: Yep.

then ryan giggs is a selfish man....
if he's really putting himself ahead of nani & kagawa then he's a self-centred arrogant twit.

why do i think fergie helps moyes choose his team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
coogar:

even when we had scholes & keane at their best, anfield was a difficult ground for united. i cannot judge our strength based on this match. the judgement would come if moyes flunks matches we would normally have won.

anfield is our bogey ground!
yeah, our performances @ anfield hav been poor, bt d truth is dt some average playas hav been sabotaging d efforts of d team...especially in big matches where virtually averyone has to be effective! CLEVERLEY AND WELBECK HAV BECOME HABITUAL PASSENGERS IN THESE GAMES, wot dey hav to offer is simply not gud enof for a club of manutd's magnitude and class!! Wen i sed rvp won us d title last season, u guys sed i was yarning opaks. In dis fixture last season, we played badly, but rvp bailed us out. I reiterate; IF ANYFN HAPPENS TO RVP'S FORM THIS SEASON EHN....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
Honestly this looked like a Fergie team and performance. I didn't see much difference. Even down to the subs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
LIverpool 1-0 Manchester United: 5 Talking Points
Samuel LuckhurstSep 01, 2013
Liverpool defeated Manchester United 1-0 for a fourth Premier
League win from six at Anfield against their fiercest rivals.
Daniel Sturridge scored the only goal of the game inside four minutes as
a pedestrian United were outfought by a gutsy Liverpool.
Here are five talking points...
PEDESTRIAN UNITED STILL RUDDERLESS How many times
must a broken record continue before it is stopped? Liverpool have
outplayed United at Anfield on the majority of occasions over the last
six years despite being an inferior side, and United have negligently failed
to match their hosts' alacrity, primarily in midfield.
The next 30 hours are critical for David Moyes since they could
determine whether United can retain their Premier League title. Michael
Carrick, 32 now, experienced one of his worst games on Sunday and
Tom Cleverley is too cautious and comfortable for a first-teamer.
Both were ponderous on the ball and timid in the tackle as Lucas Leiva
chased every opponent like a yard dog following a ball in the park.
Carrick was overawed again at Anfield
What United lack in steel they do not compensate for with silk. There
is a startling lack of creativity and for the second match in succession
Robin van Persie was isolated. It took Javier Hernández, not renowned
for his link-up play, to spring the first great chance for the Dutchman in the 89th minute.
BACKWARD LIVERPOOL FANS MUST BE ADDRESSED Prior to the game, Liverpool paid tribute to Bill Shankly with a mosaic and
minute's applause on the eve of his 100th birthday. Similarly last year,
they emotionally acknowledged the exoneration of their fans in the
Hillsborough tragedy, but on both occasions they despicably sullied
themselves. Liverpool paid tribute to Shankly ahead of kick-off
Patrice Evra, racially abused by Luis Suárez, continues to be booed and labelled a "lying b*****d" by some on the Kop. This backward thinking sets a horrid example and though football has become ridiculously sanitised, the vilification of Evra should be publicly condemned by Liverpool.
TOO MUCH TOO YOUNG It remains a mystery why Sir Alex
Ferguson bought Ashley Young, a player who was not necessarily
needed and who rarely showed glimpses of the class which identified
him as a potential United player at Aston Villa. Young's antics made him
generally unpopular and over two years on, he is possibly disliked even
more by his own fans.
Young was woefully ineffectual at Anfield to the extent his corner-
taking - one of his great strengths - was worse than Ryan Giggs'. At
28, he is still struggling for consistency and it is hard to foresee Moyes tolerating his devastating lack of bravery for much longer either.
LUCAS CONTINUES TO DOMINATE UNITED He will never be
mentioned in the same breath as the greatest opponents to excel
against United, but Lucas Leiva consistently embarrasses Liverpool's
rivals at Anfield. He has played in four of the last five fixtures
between the two clubs in L4 and on the one occasion he was absent
United registered a rare victory at Anfield.
Lucas protected his back four superbly
Michael Carrick has played in all of those matches and is always
overwhelmed by the Brazilian. However classy a midfielder he is, his
preference for time on the ball is not granted by Lucas, who utterly
dominated Sunday's contest with typical gumption.
KAGAWA SHOULD ASK FOR TRANSFER When Geoff Shreeves conducted his pre-match interview with David Moyes he asked about Wayne Rooney's injury when the majority of United fans wanted to know why Shinji Kagawa was not in the 18-man squad. Moyes confirmed after the defeat he had to choose between Kagawa and Nani for a bench berth and the Portuguese was given the nod.
Kagawa, one of the best players in Europe's best league during his two seasons with Borussia Dortmund, should be an automatic pick for
United's XI. His former coach, Jürgen Klopp, lauded him as "one of the
best players in the world" but he continues to be unappreciated and
under-valued at Old Trafford.
Kagawa continues to be wasted by United
Moyes publicly criticised flair players at Everton and Kagawa, even at
this early juncture, appears to have occupied that slot at United. He did not have a proper pre-season but has been involved in United's first three matchday squads and fitness, as Moyes suggested, does not appear to be the issue. It is an insult to the 24-year-old someone as wasteful as Ryan Giggs and the profligate Danny Welbeck are preferred ahead of him.
m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/3852452?utm_hp_ref=uk?ncid=GEP
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
I'll walk out of ANY match Ryan Giggs takes a starting bierth. I did it today and I have no regrets whatsoever.
So long as that old mofo can't respect his old age and decline some certain favors for the benefit of his team, then to hell with him. What the heck are these guys (Alex and Moyes) thinking? What is Giggs giving them??

Am just disgusted by these clowns.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mr_TA: Honestly this looked like a Fergie team and performance. I didn't see much difference. Even down to the subs.
Exactly...
Except Fergie will not sub Giggs until the 83rd minute grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
if young knws he cant replicate his villa form here, he shud be shown d exit door.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
this moyes na were o.
so even with rooney injured kagawa cold not get a place on the bench?
AND he started an elder like giggs? what message does that tell the rest of the squad?
that a soon to be 40yr old player-coach who has been playing woefully is preferred to start important matches?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
Even Usain Bolt is angry & has now sent out a message to Moyes about purchasing proper midfield players!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
Even with our current players
-------de Gea-------
Rafael-Vidic---Evans-Evra
----Carrick--Anderson----
-------Kagawa------
Nani---van Persie---Rooney
Subs from: Chicharito, Zaha, Jones, Cleverley, Buttner, Valencia, Januzaj, Welbeck, Lindegaard, Smalling, Rio
Can give any team a run for their money.... BUT THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE naaaaa undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.