Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,534 members, 7,875,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8898064 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3939) (3940) (3941) (3942) (3943) (3944) (3945) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
"We know that we are going to have two very tough games and, of course, Anderlecht are not easy opponents.

"I realise some people think: ‘Ah, we’ve got Anderlecht, so it is going to be easy to beat them’ but it is not like that. I know this because I have watched some of their games during their participation in Europe and I can say they are playing very well and they have very good with players of high quality."

- Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
"It is one of my goals for this season – to win the Europa League. Of course, I know it is not going to be easy, particularly at this stage of the competition as there are no easy opponents. Obviously, we understand the importance of the tie with Anderlecht in the quarter-finals."

- Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
eph12:

We just wan argue. What sets players like Messi and Ronaldo apart from others is their ability to reproduce their skill, talent or whatever you call it every weekend consistently. Once in a while we see flashes of brilliance from hundreds of players across the globes. If you call it luck na you sabi. Even people say Ronaldo became who he is not because he had the talent but his hard work.

It's about talent, not consistency. If you are talented, consistency becomes a norm.

Do you think Roger Federer is talented or consistent? It is people who are not talented that show occasional brilliance. The fact that the talent is lacking means that they wouldn't get it right often.

Take for instance, Lampard and Gerald have the talent for accurate shots from outside the box, but that doesn't mean Carrick cannot hit a superb shot into the net once in two-three seasons. The difference is talent, not consistency. Or Scholes and Pirlo will get their long passes to wingers accurately well over 90% of the time, they even do it in a sexy/fancy way. That's talent. But it doesn't mean that Kante or Fernadinho will not throw such a long pass once in a while. The difference in consistency is the talent for long pass.

Berbatov will magnet the ball from a pass with his foot almost all the time. That is talent. Rashford will magnet the ball once in many attempts because he doesn't have such a ball trapping talent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
elampiro:

It's about talent, not consistency. If you are talented, consistency becomes a norm.

Do you think Roger Federer is talented or consistent? It is people who are not talented that show occasional brilliance. The fact that the talent is lacking means that they wouldn't get it right often.

Take for instance, Lampard and Gerald have the talent for accurate shots from outside the box, but that doesn't mean Carrick cannot hit a superb shot into the net once in two-three seasons. The difference is talent, not consistency. Or Scholes and Pirlo will get their long passes to wingers accurately well over 90% of the time, they even do it in a sexy/fancy way. That's talent. But it doesn't mean that Kante or Fernadinho will not thrown such a long pass once in a while. The difference in consistency is the talent for long pass.

Berbatov will magnet the ball from a pass with his foot almost all the time. That is talent. Rashford will magnet the ball once in many attempts because he didn’t have such a ball trapping talent.
So ball control, long shot, pass accuracy are no more skills but now talents?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Leyqute:
Note: We have 9 games left and will play Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham, all sandwiched between Europa league matches. I don't expect much from those games with the current way we're playing.

definitely should rest our guys in these game to go for the Europa.
we already messed up this top 4 finish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
eph12:

Skill and Talent = the same thing in this context.

But consistency is a different thing. If you had said the difference between Ahmed Musa and Messi is skills, I wouldn't have argued.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2017
elampiro:

No be by force to turn analyst.

grin grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
elampiro:

No be by force to turn analyst.
grin all join
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ebonyeyes88(f): 2:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
sod09:
lol....he's obviously scared of you
they are all scummies
yea I know kindness kills lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
eph12:

Skills are learnt, while talents are inborn.

Those qualities mentioned can fall into both categories.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 2:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
ebonyeyes88:
yea I know kindness kills lol
Good continue then, no one will tell him to back off
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
elampiro:

But consistency is a different thing. If you had said the difference between Ahmed Musa and Messi is skills, I wouldn't have argued.
I don hear
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
Spy360:
Skills are learnt, while talents are inborn.
Those qualities mentioned can fall into both categories.
Lol. Alright
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
How to get 6 man utd packs :

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ebonyeyes88(f): 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2017
sod09:
Good continue then, no one will tell him to back off
lol Apparently d guy has a few fake accounts. We both got into a Wordbrawl and in d end it was me who was banned. Now everything I say is targeted by a mod who hates me and tht cool but he didn't ban d asshole who started the bs..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
ebonyeyes88:
lol Apparently d guy has a few fake accounts. We both got into a Wordbrawl and in d end it was me who was banned. Now everything I say is targeted by a mod who hates me and tht cool but he didn't ban d asshole who started the bs..
welcome to nairaland where d victim is penalise Nd d culprit go Scot free.
u dont Have to reply everyone cool.
but this section is free from ban cos we troll alot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmaniac(m): 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
Jesse Lingard signs new £100,000 a week man united deal? undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Jesse Lingard signs new £100,000 a week man united deal? undecided

Lol....u are definitely not happy with this bruv cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
elampiro:

WHats the difference between Quaresma and Ronaldo?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
Elamps, is nani skillful?

If yes, was he consistent? Especially when we all could really see himwhile at man u.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
FVCK MOURINHO FVCK ED WOODWARD AND FVCK THE BOARD.

WTF is this shiť 200 fvcking Percent, Even if we were judging by his recent play his salary should depreciate by 69% stupid Manager...Only MOURINHO can approve of this as he doesn't give a fvck about club finances,
Uselesss Mercenary.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
raumdeuter:

WHats the difference between Quaresma and Ronaldo?

Ronaldo is far more talented footballer. At 33 Quaresma is working hard to be what Ronaldo was at 19.

Quaresma sabi play ball na he no dey play for Madrid or Barca?

When you look at the different attribute that makes one a talented footballer, you see that Ronaldo is far far ahead right from his teenage days. Shooting accuracy, heading accuracy, goal scoring techniques, forward dribbling and running, positioning, etc

If you take one item, like dribbling round and round or ball jogling, even Jajay Okocha fit beat Messi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
codedguy1:
Elamps, is nani skillful?

If yes, was he consistent? Especially when we all could really see himwhile at man u.

Nani is talented/skillful with limits. For instance, he cannot head. His shot accuracy is like 30% (compared to Ronaldo, Robben, Messi, etc with 70% and above). Nani has no great pass. He is behind Giggs in crossing.

But Nani is great at short dribbling, zigzaging, speed-stop-break movement and pace.

So Nani is very skillful in some areas while lacking the required skills in other key footballing areas, hence his lack of consistency to be a world class.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
Let me tell give another example to make you guys understand.

There is a football training ground I go to from time to time to watch guys play. The guys are mostly in their 20s. When these guys are playing free kicks, I join to participate. They wonder how I am able to hit the ball so accurately with bullet shots. And I don't train, I only join them in kicks once in a while. These guys train everyday and play matches here and there. Even a close by University school players train with them.

I am far older than these guys, but they cannot strike the ball accurately like I do. They train every day, but I used only the skills I learnt decades back. I started playing football when I was four and played till I did NYSC.

The difference between me and these guys is talent/skills. Ryan Giggs will still cross the ball better than anyone at Manchester United today.

The coach of that training ground has pleaded with me several times to come train with them even if it is once a week. But I just think I am not in good physical fitness to run around at same pace with the young guys. I may have to do individual training and jogging for two months or more. Although I have trained like thrice as a late substitute.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
elampiro:

Ronaldo is far more talented footballer. At 33 Quaresma is working hard to be what Ronaldo was at 19.

Quaresma sabi play ball na he no dey play for Madrid or Barca?

When you look at the different attribute that makes one a talented footballer, you see that Ronaldo is far far ahead right from his teenage days. Shooting accuracy, heading accuracy, goal scoring techniques, forward dribbling and running, positioning, etc

If you take one item, like dribbling round and round or ball jogling, even Jajay Okocha fit beat Messi.

You are very wrong. As far as talent goes, Quaresma is as talented as Ronaldo is not more, What made Ronaldo different is he worked 10 times harder than Quaresma did.

When Ronaldo got to Man Utd there were many things he couldnt do all he was good at then was dribbling. After regular training Ronaldo spent hours behind training his shot, his free kick he had to train himself, headers he trained himself, I have seen a show where a corner will be taken and they will switch off the light immediately and Ronaldo will still try to head the ball in the dark

There are very few players who worked as hard as Ronaldo on their game. He takes care of his body, he is disciplined and worked hard, without these hardwork, Ronaldo will just be another Simao Sabrosa. Actually by 2005 some people were already giving up on Ronaldo, After that 2006 world cup he turned it up and became a beast. See how he turned his skinny frame into a mass of muscle you see now

Quaresma was so talented that Barcelona got him at 20 but he didnt apply himself anymore he didnt work hard, If Quaresma put half the work of Ronaldo we would be looking at a totally different player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 07, 2017
elampiro:
Let me tell give another example to make you guys understand.

There is a football training ground I go to from time to time to watch guys play. The guys are mostly in their 20s. When these guys are playing free kicks, I join to participate. They wonder how I am able to hit the ball so accurately with bullet shots. And I don't train, I only join them in kicks once in a while. These guys train everyday and play matches here and there. Even a close by University school players train with them.

I am far older than these guys, but they cannot strike the ball accurately like I do. They train every day, but I used only the skills I learnt decades back. I started playing football when I was four and played till I did NYSC.

The difference between me and these guys is talent/skills. Ryan Giggs will still cross the ball better than anyone at Manchester United today.

The coach of that training ground has pleaded with me several times to come train with them even if it is once a week. But I just think I am not in good physical fitness to run around at same pace with the young guys. I may have to do individual training and jogging for two months or more. Although I have trained like thrice as a late substitute.

Look at the way you are hyping yourself, Papa Elamps for Ballondor 2018

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ebonyeyes88(f): 2:17am On Apr 07, 2017
sod09:
welcome to nairaland where d victim is penalise Nd d culprit go Scot free.
u dont Have to reply everyone cool.
but this section is free from ban cos we troll alot
lol hmm I see...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 7:49am On Apr 07, 2017
elampiro:

Nani is talented/skillful with limits. For instance, he cannot head. His shot accuracy is like 30% (compared to Ronaldo, Robben, Messi, etc with 70% and above). Nani has no great pass. He is behind Giggs in crossing.

But Nani is great at short dribbling, zigzaging, speed-stop-break movement and pace.

So Nani is very skillful in some areas while lacking the required skills in other key footballing areas, hence his lack of consistency to be a world class.
Ronaldo doesn't have 70% shooting accuracy... Not sure even Messi has that..
I get your point
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:03am On Apr 07, 2017
raumdeuter:

You are very wrong. As far as talent goes, Quaresma is as talented as Ronaldo is not more, What made Ronaldo different is he worked 10 times harder than Quaresma did.

When Ronaldo got to Man Utd there were many things he couldnt do all he was good at then was dribbling. After regular training Ronaldo spent hours behind training his shot, his free kick he had to train himself, headers he trained himself, I have seen a show where a corner will be taken and they will switch off the light immediately and Ronaldo will still try to head the ball in the dark

There are very few players who worked as hard as Ronaldo on their game. He takes care of his body, he is disciplined and worked hard, without these hardwork, Ronaldo will just be another Simao Sabrosa. Actually by 2005 some people were already giving up on Ronaldo, After that 2006 world cup he turned it up and became a beast. See how he turned his skinny frame into a mass of muscle you see now

Quaresma was so talented that Barcelona got him at 20 but he didnt apply himself anymore he didnt work hard, If Quaresma put half the work of Ronaldo we would be looking at a totally different player

The thing is even if Quaresma or Nani trained as hard as Ronaldo, they wouldn't be as good. Do you know Ibrahimovic train very hard, if not hander than Ronaldo?

Rafael Da Silva was said to trained like a beast according to Ferguson. He spent more hours training alone after everyone had gone. But Rafael has never been the best right back in football, not even his league.

It is not the people who train most that are the most talented. Talent/skills is partly natural and partly gotten from training. It is what your brain and body inherited permanently from training that makes your talent.

In other words, talent is something that sits permanently in your brain and body, but mostly in your brain. Once there you don't force it, you just do things like you were born with it. You become consistent. But the untalented person forces things and get things right once in a long while.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:09am On Apr 07, 2017
elampiro:

From your aguement with eph1 you made it sound like once you are talented/skill ful the player will be consistent, which is what am trying to make you understand is not exactly true.

There are many things involved in a players development. Talent , skills, discipline, hard work, these attributes are what will most llikely give a player consistency. Even Ronaldo just like raumdeuter pointed out was not consistent in his early days at man u but he put in the work.

Discipline and hard work are MORE likely to give a player consistency than just being talented or skillful.

so when a talented and skillful player decides to be disciplined and hardworking, you get a consistent player like Ronaldo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:16am On Apr 07, 2017
randomperson:

Ronaldo doesn't have 70% shooting accuracy... Not sure even Messi has that..
I get your point

Not every goal attempt is a shooting accuracy in the context I speak. There are times you just make attempts for the sake of that is logical to do under the circumstance. But what I mean is shooting particularly from outside the box or just inside it after the way is clear to hit target with a powerful shot, either curly it or hitting a rocket. Nani mostly balloon from there while Ronaldo, Robben and Messi mostly hit target from such clear shooting position.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2017
codedguy1:

From your aguement with eph1 you made it sound like once you are talented/skill ful the player will be consistent, which is what am trying to make you understand is not exactly true.

There are many things involved in a players development. Talent , skills, discipline, hard work, these attributes are what will most llikely give a player consistency. Even Ronaldo just like raumdeuter pointed out was not consistent in his early days at man u but he put in the work.

Discipline and hard work are MORE likely to give a player consistency than just being talented or skillful.

so when a talented and skillful player decides to be disciplined and hardworking, you get a consistent player like Ronaldo.

The mistake you people make here is bringing in development years into the argument.

Eph1 brought the cases of Messi and Ahmed Musa, two players who have fully developed and are approaching 30 years. So bringing Ronaldo of 18 years into the argument doesn't make sense.

The difference between Messi and Ahmed Musa is talent and skills not consistentency. These players have gone through all the training and hardwork that should make the talent they are. They are both graduates in their field. Just like we can say the difference between Roger Federer and Nduka Odizo is talent. The defence between Celine Dion and Janet Jackson is talent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3939) (3940) (3941) (3942) (3943) (3944) (3945) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.