Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,907 members, 7,876,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3951) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8906173 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3948) (3949) (3950) (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
Our counter attacks are disgraceful.
One of the many reasons why mourinho us frustrated
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rashford is wasted on that left
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
I thought Sunderland were a man down.

We should be all over these guys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Red card well deserved! Why take out the guys shin? Let's go and rack up the goals in the 2nd half and make this a 5 or 6 nil win!
5-0?? grin grin
Pls lets carry our 2-0 and be going to our house plis!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rashidi! Finally.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmaniac(m): 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
Solid 3 points in the bag! Top 4 race back on!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
I like the way Sunderland has resolutely kept the score line down despite being 1 man down.
All thanks to the wonderful manager. Ruudie was right, we should not have sacked him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
No draw soup today!

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
PietroRico:
We need to pump these guys by as many goals as possible.
Our goal difference is disgraceful

Hmm I wonder why

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Smalling Rashford and Martial,
Our three key players from last season have all regressed under Mourinho

Makes you start to wonder doesn't it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
elrony:

What am I not doing right? Pass me the 411 before Diggz come leapfrog me! cheesy

Elrony u no Sabi yah mate......u no get elders for Ur village ni? cheesy

Na me suppose chop meat first bf u na tongue

How Ur side? Congrats on ur match today though I pray we flog u guys black n blue when we meet tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
Bailly almost gifted Anichebe an easy goal, but thanks to Romero. If it were Smalling or Jones that mistake wouldn't have gone unnoticed on this thread. I am surprised no one mentioned it.

Our finishing, understanding and decision making are poor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
elampiro:
Bailly almost gifted Anichebe an easy goal, but thanks to Romero. If it were Smalling or Jones that mistake wouldn't have gone unnoticed on this thread. I am surprised no one mentioned it.

Our finishing, understanding and decision making are poor.
bailly get him detractors.
Pietrorico na number 1 and don forget the other guy.
if anichebe get small sense that na easy penalty because everybody see that leg wey bailly stick out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
sinizia:

How's it Pep Guardiola's fault that Stones is not living up to his hype?

How's it Klopp's fault that Mignolet and the players of Liverpool couldn't win matches in January and cost Liverpool the title?

How's it Enrique's fault that Barça players didn't play well yesterday and lost.

Why is Pep fingered for Bayern's inability to go past the semis, is he the one that told the players not outscore their opponents or told Muller to miss a PK?

Why is Pep called a fraud is it his fault that Debruyne is hitting the woodwork or City's strikers are missing goals?

Why label Mourinho's tenure a failure at Madrid is he the one that told Madrid players not to win the UCL?

Answer these questions and see how funny you sounded in your post. Your post deserves no answer, really.

1. stones was never a good defender to begin with

2. Liverpool's poor form in Jan was temporary, something every manager pass through, mignolet isn't that great

3. no manager is expected to win all the time, sir Alex lost matches too, was it because he changed tactics? no

4. i don't know

5. pep is called a fraud because he had it easy in the Spanish and German leagues where we know there isn't competition, pep's tactic in the premier league can be called into question too, city are actually converting their chances unlike united, question pep who wanted a ball playing goal keeper and defenders

6. him not winning the champions league is not a constant thing as he has won it twice before, refer back to number 3

now lets stick to the topic, cause honestly I don't see the correlation between the whys and my question

mourinho bought very good players, no?

our major problem this season have been our conversion rate which is a constant, are you trying to tell me that mourinho is to be blamed for our poor and constant conversion rate? we create many chances don't we? is mourinho to be blamed for ibrahimovic, mkhitaryan or rashford's inability to score simple tap ins?

if we were not creating the chances then we can question mourinho's tactics, but we are creating loads of chances, how is it mourinho's fault that the players are not killing them off?

how many chances did we create under van gaal? van gaal was obsessed with passing the ball, which called his tactics into question

you can't blame a coach for his players' inability to score simple tap ins

I teach you how to cook, you cooked well, do you still expect me to teach you how to eat?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
Gyalchester:

How many matches has Zlatan cost us, Who TF asked him to sign an old man?..

an old man that has 28 goals and 9 assists
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
eph12:

Things that happen outside the field also affects performance. For example you don't expect someone that is bereaved to give his best on the pitch.

I know that, my point is based on our poor conversion rate, don't you think bereaved players shouldn't be creating loads of chances
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

bailly get him detractors.
Pietrorico na number 1 and don forget the other guy.
if anichebe get small sense that na easy penalty because everybody see that leg wey bailly stick out.
Mogbe shocked

I'm not o
Is it because I can quick to call him out sometimes?

I'm like his style, but I'm more comfortable with Rojo and Jones, even though I hated the very sight of Rojo last season.
You will never catch me complaining about Baily making the team

It's Smallling that I cannot stand this season.

And I'm now among those that feel him and Jones need to be moved on. Jones for his lack of durability rather than any other thing.

We need people we can count on to be available, before any other thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
Gyalchester:

Hmm I wonder why
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
Honestly, Rashford should use his brain more rather than depend on his pace almost every time, Lingard for all his running around shouldn't be keeping Martial glued to the bench...
One thing that stood out for me today was seeing Shaw back on his feet after he fell awkwardly trying to challenge Ndong and wanting to continue, normal Shaw will ask to be substituted immediately...Tough love all the way...
We need to take our chances as they come as it may just come down to goal difference, better fighting on two front for a place in the UCL than putting all our hopes on UEL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
afrodoc2:

Every facet of the game is within the purview of of the manager.
You might ask well ask why should they blame a manager for a team conceding goals from set pieces or conceding lots of goals.
There is something called A TRAINING SESSION where the manager is meant to lead his players and ensure the players work on their shortcomings and improve on them.
The lack of good finishing calls into question not JM's tactical acumen but his training methods.
What time do they spend working on shape,defensive solidity and possession and what time and methods do they have to improve finishing in front of goal.
If finishing is poor for a few games you can blame bad luck but if it is for a whole season then one has to look deeper.

do you really believe mourinho hasn't tried to work on that aspect of our game? the same players that score the goals are the ones that miss those chances, how can we blame mourinho for that?

there are somethings you can blame a coach for, like poor chances creation, poor or wrong set up, wrong tactics etc but not players missing tap ins or goals from close range

we can only question the quality of players bought by the manager in this instance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
dopeJemi:

1. stones was never a good defender to begin with

2. Liverpool's poor form in Jan was temporary, something every manager pass through, mignolet isn't that great

3. no manager is expected to win all the time, sir Alex lost matches too, was it because he changed tactics? no

4. i don't know

5. pep is called a fraud because he had it easy in the Spanish and German leagues where we know there isn't competition, pep's tactic in the premier league can be called into question too, city are actually converting their chances unlike united, question pep who wanted a ball playing goal keeper and defenders

6. him not winning the champions league is not a constant thing as he has won it twice before, refer back to number 3

now lets stick to the topic, cause honestly I don't see the correlation between the whys and my question

mourinho bought very good players, no?

our major problem this season have been our conversion rate which is a constant, are you trying to tell me that mourinho is to be blamed for our poor and constant conversion rate? we create many chances don't we? is mourinho to be blamed for ibrahimovic, mkhitaryan or rashford's inability to score simple tap ins?

if we were not creating the chances then we can question mourinho's tactics, but we are creating loads of chances, how is it mourinho's fault that the players are not killing them off?

how many chances did we create under van gaal? van gaal was obsessed with passing the ball, which called his tactics into question

you can't blame a coach for his players' inability to score simple tap ins

I teach you how to cook, you cooked well, do you still expect me to teach you how to eat?
Psychology.

Mourinho gives his players poor psychology.

Strikers need confidence. A manager should be able to instill confidence in his players by supporting them when output is low and not comparing or publicly calling them out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

How is it Mourinhos credit when Strikers score goals some from unlikely scenarios. Did Mourinho teach those strikers how to score goals?

So if Mourinho gets credit when strikers score and win games then why isn't he at fault when they miss chances?

is it Pep's fault that aguero is missing seaters?

he will get the credit because he teaches them how to take their chances and not miss them

poor tactics don't lead to missing tap ins
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
dopeJemi:

do you really believe mourinho hasn't tried to work on that aspect of our game? the same players that score the goals are the ones that miss those chances, how can we blame mourinho for that?

there are somethings you can blame a coach for, like poor chances creation, poor or wrong set up, wrong tactics etc but not players missing tap ins or goals from close range

we can only question the quality of players bought by the manager in this instance

He was happy with the players before the season started. He said so himself.
He assessed the squad and asked for 4 players to add and he got all 4.
Why is he now crying for Chicharito?
The man has no hiding place in this situation.
It is either he chose the wrong players to start the season or he is not able to implement the right training methods to improve the finishing of our forwards.
ALL our forward players have in previous seasons shown that they have it within them to finish better than they have done this season, so what is happening this season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
Spy360:

Psychology.

Mourinho gives his players poor psychology.

Strikers need confidence. A manager should be able to instill confidence in his players by supporting them when output is low and not comparing or publicly calling them out.

I agree with the psychology, but will you tell me that it's poor psychology that is making our players miss an empty net?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
dopeJemi:

is it Pep's fault that aguero is missing seaters?

he will get the credit because he teaches them how to take their chances and not miss them

poor tactics don't lead to missing tap ins

But poor training can. Managing a team is more than just tactics. Training methods are important and then man management also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
dopeJemi:

an old man that has 28 goals and 9 assists

Nigga so?...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
afrodoc2:

He was happy with the players before the season started. He said so himself.
He assessed the squad and asked for 4 players to add and he got all 4.
Why is he now crying for Chicharito?
The man has no hiding place in this situation.
It is either he chose the wrong players to start the season or he is not able to implement the right training methods to improve the finishing of our forwards.
ALL our forward players have in previous seasons shown that they have it within them to finish better than they have done this season, so what is happening this season?

it's not like ibrahimovic doesn't have 28goals and 9 assists, its not like pogba doesn't have 7 goals and some assists, it's not like mkhitaryan doesn't have 8 goals some assists

I am not defending mourinho, he has gotten it wrong so many times this season, I am not denying that, but i refuse to blame him for the inability of players to score simple tap ins
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
Isnt it obvious here that some "Manchester united" fans are not happy that mou is managing the team..they keep on finding fault up and down,though he has his flaws,but it seems they want him just to fail...

if no one wants to hear d truth,but d fact is our attackers have let the team down this season....the. bad vibes that united fans give here is just too much,is it too much to show little support and faith?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
Gyalchester:

Nigga so?...

so call the last striker that played for united that scored that much with games to go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ibra wanted that goal for rashford bad.
He seems to have taken to the boy.
Sadly he's also apparently teaching him profligacy. grin
Rashford wey no dey use eye see goal last season, now squanders them anyhow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
afrodoc2:

But poor training can. Managing a team is more than just tactics. Training methods are important and then man management also.

let's be honest doc, do you really need training to know how to score goals? very simple goals at that, all the monkey post when we play when we small, how many trainings did we undergo before we scored goals from acute angles and tight corners?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
dopeJemi:

it's not like ibrahimovic doesn't have 28goals and 9 assists, its not like pogba doesn't have 7 goals and some assists, it's not like mkhitaryan doesn't have 8 goals some assists

I am not defending mourinho, he has gotten it wrong so many times this season, I am not denying that, but i refuse to blame him for the inability of players to score simple tap ins

If they have all these goals and assists as you have said why then are you complaining about them.
I don't want Mourinho sacked but his penchant for throwing his players under the bus and publicizing his love for departed strikers will in no way give his current players confidence in front of goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3948) (3949) (3950) (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07, Dantedasz(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.