Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,137 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8935610 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) ... (14246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Good one from the lads.
its in games as this that superior mentality of champions are proven.
The win is not as easy as it seems.
Jones was superb today. Even when beaten,still covered very well and first.
Credits go to Schmeichel. If you beat Leicester's defence, you have to cone up against him. Terrific goalkeeping.

i love this mentality.
kudos lads.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ibime:
Is Herrera still better than Kante?

Matic just did proof by induction.
Kante cannot bench either Matic or Pogba here cos he cannot perform any of their roles like they do.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
elampiro:

That was not Jones na. It was Blind
It was Jones.. The first person bfre He did same to blind few minutes later.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
afrodoc2:

It was Blind spinning like a turntable. Why can't we go for this Mahrez guy sef since JM wants a winger. Let him and Mata rotate that RW spot.
The first one was Jones. Remember he had to shoot after cutting in, which De Gae saved with his leg.?
The other was Blind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
olabode89:

I think it has to do with our improved gameplay coupled with an up in the tempo of our play.

Food for thought... all through 2016/17 season we scored just 13 goals in the last 20 mins of our matches. This season in 3 matches we have scored 7 goals in the last 20 mins of play.

Smalling and Lindelof will both get enough game time. From next month we will be playing 2 games a week.

Also this season, the team have a quick transition from the defence to attack. Our game is more faster than last season. With Zlatan injured, our attack setup moves with better intensity. Zlatan for his good, lacks the pace of Ukaku.

I also love Pogba's shots today, it's highly needed for all these bus-parking teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

Hererra's bench matter for me, is down to Mhikitaryan playing constantly as a 10 this season. A link I dropped this morning showed that Mourinho played Mhiki as a winger so many times last season, with Pogba given the AM in many matches. In some matches, Mourinho would play Carrick and Herrera as the DMs while Pogba is played behind Zlatan. But with Mhiki back as a 10, Pogba rightfully untouchable, and Matic being Mourinho's adopted son, Hererra and Carrick ended up as the losers.

The Madrid game also didn't do Herrera any good with Matic ending up exceling in that match. I feel for him, but Mou shouldn't alter this winning formula at all.

Not sure why you're wasting your time. They are not here for facts but to troll. Herrera is not being benched by Matic. He's on the bench due to a change in formation and will be back in the team once Jose wants to employ a more defensive approach against the bigger sides.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

It's normal that Blind was caught out of position coz he was helping out in attack. Leicester crowded their 18-yard box and Blind had to be up there to help whip in few crosses. He's caught out of position because Leicester just defend and kick the ball out with hope of counter-attacking us. They didn't come out to play. If Blind decided to not join the attack, his crosses wouldn't have happened.

Good thing is we have Bailly and Jones, two pacy and very strong defenders to thwart counters.

I totally concur!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
MRTA7:

Not sure why you're wasting your time. They are not here for facts but to troll. Herrera is not being benched by Matic. He's on the bench due to a change in formation and will be back in the team once Jose wants to employ a more defensive approach against the bigger sides.

You'd hardly see me quoting someone like Hensbën on this Kante-Hererra never-ending debate, the person I quoted is a sensible and respected Chelsea fan. He's not into all those senseless trolling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mhen, Jones and Baily combo na bomb.. No nonsense for anyone. I love how they both bully defender. Jones has been superb so far this season.

GGMU.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
chrisley024:
Kante cannot bench either Matic or Pogba here cos he cannot perform any of their roles like they do.

Story for the Gods. Matic can never be compared to Kante even by the most die hard Matic fan, yet Matic is sonning Herrera

sinizia:

Hererra's bench matter for me, is down to Mhikitaryan playing constantly as a 10 this season. A link I dropped this morning showed that Mourinho played Mhiki as a winger so many times last season, with Pogba given the AM in many matches. In some matches, Mourinho would play Carrick and Herrera as the DMs while Pogba is played behind Zlatan. But with Mhiki back as a 10, Pogba rightfully untouchable, and Matic being Mourinho's adopted son, Hererra and Carrick ended up as the losers.

This is a super story. JM played 2 CMs for most of last season, and again this season. The only difference is Matic benching Herrera.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

I think that's Gray. Tony V was probably exhausted that's why he got the better of him. The Gray guy is skillful, pacy and came on late, so he had his full strength with him. That's why.
Yea. Remember he scored against us last season when we trashed them?
The guy is good to me. Always ready to make an impact.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nice game today... Haters are delayed for another week..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
chidexxy007:
Nice game today... Haters are delayed for another week..
Tomorrow we are going to celebrate. Either at Gunners thread or the shekpite.

Cfc thread will be better. Enough wailing over there and trolling, also food to go round courtesy Me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
MRTA7:

the guy get bucket loads of time.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
hensben:
Only a sentimental being will compare Herrera to Kante. This is the sole reason I hate stat, it doesn't really tell the story. With stat an average joe will be compare to his superior. Herrera is trying to impress kind of player he do not have that[b] X factor [/b]in his play.

hope you are enjoying the X factor in your 8 years 59 goals striker? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
Odunharry:

Tomorrow we are going to celebrate. Either at Gunners thread or the shekpite.

Cfc thread will be better. Enough wailing over there and trolling, also food to go round courtesy Me

I bet Rooney will do us proud again. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2017
Meanwhile Rashford and Martial should go and beg Lingard to teach them how to make runs. I don't know why the least talented of them is the most savvy. The run he made for that Fellaini goal reminded me of Chicharito.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2017
Leyqute:

I bet Rooney will do us proud again. smiley
Lmao. As usual.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
afrodoc2:
Meanwhile Rashford and Martial should go and beg Lingard to teach them how to make runs. I don't know why the least talented of them is the most savvy. The run he made for that Fellaini goal reminded me of Chicharito.
everyone has their own specialty na. you want all in one?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
Leyqute:

About Jones, see what I said ^^.

About Valencia, he was lacking going forward. Most times, he had no clue what to do and kept passing backward.

You said Martial had less crosses than Valencia, yes, but his crosses were far more Dangerous. Pogba connected well with one in the first half but it didn't end in the back of the net. Most of Valencia's crosses were aimed at the leg of the man in front of him. We've been complaining about this for ages. It's the same today.

Even if you have a leftie in front of you, there's enough space to play a quick 1-2 pass with Pogba who was always available in midfield

I tell you, if the game had ended goalless guys would be demanding for his head on a plate at the moment.

Thank God we capped a very good performance with two goals.

Martial actually had 0/6 accurate crosses according to stat. But I thought he had a very very good game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ibime:

Story for the Gods. Matic can never be compared to Kante even by the most die hard Matic fan, yet Matic is sonning Herrera

This is a super story. JM played 2 CMs for most of last season, and again this season. The only difference is Matic benching Herrera.

Not most of last season. Carrick anchored most of last season for Pogba and Herrera.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
Odunharry:

He didn’t beat (minus) Jones. Jones dispossessed Mahrez and lost the ball when he mis-step. But Mahrez minus Blind completely the only time he faced him in the box.

The one Nihilist was asking about, I guess for sure it was when Mahrez minus Blind completely.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
MRTA7:

Not most of last season. Carrick anchored most of last season for Pogba and Herrera.

Ta! Carrick started less than half your EPL games last season.

Regardless, it is obvious who the best DM at Man Utd is this season.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
SailorXY:
everyone has their own specialty na. you want all in one?

This your mentality would not have led to the development of a Messi or a Ronaldo. Developing those qualities is what will take them to the next level. If not they will stagnate.
Rashford has to improve on his finishing and his aerial ability, Martial has to be more consistent and improve on his work rate. I see no problem in asking them to improve on the timing and routing of their runs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
Odunharry:

Ok, I didn’t see all his posts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
IMO Kante is better than Herrera. The eye test gives a resounding answer on that, stats are for close calls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
elampiro:

Martial actually had 0/6 accurate crosses according to stat. But I thought he had a very very good game.

What about the one Pogba connected with? Who made that cross?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
elampiro:

grin

Then whatever cooked up the Stat must be stupid!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
“I’m happy for them – all of them working hard, trying to be in the line-up. They are on the bench, they get one minute on the pitch and ready to give everything.

"I saw [Ander] Herrera on the bench, screaming, speaking, helping players and he wasn’t on the pitch. This is the group we have and the team we have.”

- Jose Mourinho

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ibime:

Ta! Carrick started less than half your EPL games last season.

Regardless, it is obvious who the best DM at Man Utd is this season.
Hererra is not a DM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
“It could be [one of those days] but the reality is that last season, for example against Bournemouth, we lost a penalty but after the penalty, we were emotionally in trouble and this time we missed a penalty and we weren’t emotionally in trouble.

"We kept playing and then I made the changes to intensify the dynamic in attack and to bring [on] Marcus [Rashford] who is obviously a completely different player than [Juan] Mata and then we score and Marouane [Fellaini] to play instead of Micki [Henrikh Mkhitaryan] who had a yellow card to control the aerial space in front of our box.

"So, I have the options, the players are giving me the answers and I’m really happy with this first month of the season.”

- Jose Mourinho

(1) (2) (3) ... (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) ... (14246) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: KingTom(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.