Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,893 members, 7,876,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8906038 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4513) (4514) (4515) (4516) (4517) (4518) (4519) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
Wura27:

grin grin grin grin That game killed us. Cant forget it and that nonsense Moyes was vexing that they dint allow them play their free kick when ref blew whistle.

Chai I don turn to bros in the group o....

@bolded, everyone thinks you're, especially as there are few female fans around here and you didn't exactly revealed your gender. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
As regards the match today, there is nothing I can say. I shudder seeing Southampton bossing possession against us, completing more passes against us.... it was just awful. I can't fit shout. the three points is the only positive...

we knew what we were getting when the club employed Jose Mourinho. so, we should not act surprised as regards match like this......don't even know who to blame. on to the next match.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
Why all this lamenting?..
Yes we didn't play well, but yet we went down to business which was 3valuable points at St Mary's...
What if we had played so well, but lost, what will be said.?

What do you expect 2 Slower midfielders Fellaini and Matic to do against a midfield trio comprising of very mobile and fast S'oton players of Romeu/Davies/Lenina.

At a point I was pissed off that they were not man marking the midfielders, until I knew they were trying to hold on till the end.

As for Mhki and Rashford.. The word I'll use is they were COASTING throughout the game.. Been carried along instead of making things happen..

Well, at the end, its 3 points that matters..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Victornezzar: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2017
Some people on this thread attacking Mourinho ain't manu fans at all.....I mean do u guys expect mou nd his team 2 trash Southampton 4-0.....Do u guys really know who Southampton are.....Dis man city side would av suffered again dis st mary side seriously.......City's defense ain't good like ours
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
Can people like you just shut up if you are not informed enough? Jeez! Ignorance at its peak!

You said: "Don't think it will be commercially viable for a real DSTV competitor to be that ridiculously cheap. Premiership broadcast right don't come cheap..."

I laugh at your ignorance! You think because DSTV are milking Nigerians dry you feel it okay for pay TV to be expensive right? Can you remember how MTN way back were stealing from Nigerians? There was no per second call billing, you call for 5 seconds and you are charged for 1 minute, if you recharge 1K you must use the airtime within a week or else the credit floats, and SIM cards were sold for 25K, etc, what happened when other networks came? Competition changed everything, what is happening now?

Now let me enlighten your parochial mind, premiership broadcast is not expensive! Over here in the south south part of Nigeria, we have been enjoying premiership coverage on BeIn sports for over 3 years now, we watch it on CTL pay TV platform and it cost just N3150 monthly for the full bouquet of all channels.
TSTV has all of the BeIn sports channels meaning you can watch ANY match in ANY league in the world.

In sub sahara Africa, SuperSport, Kwese Sports and Canal+ have the rights to show the EPL and TSTV also has Kwese Sports and Canal+ channels. You can Google about the channels that have EPL rights, it not only SuperSport.

You all thought watching EPL is expensive because greedy DSTV were milking us dry and that era is over!

Just saw this comment on the TSTV thread, seems DSTV would be packing out soon lmao!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Just saw this comment on the TSTV thread, seems DSTV would be packing out soon lmao!

October can't come fast enough. Competition is always good for consumers. Always.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
grin grin

I'm very very female o. Lol

I've seen Christy and I've also noticed a few other female names. We r all in d same Manutd family

Danhumprey:
@bolded, everyone thinks you're, especially as there are few female fans around here and you didn't exactly revealed your gender. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
Wura27:

grin grin

I'm very very female o. Lol

I've seen Christy and I've also noticed a few other female names. We r all in d same Manutd family

Honestly I didn't understand what you meant I thought you were speaking about age sorry ma grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Leyqute:

October can't come fast enough. Competition is always good for consumers. Always.

Naso HiTv came as "competitors" that year...where them dey as we speak?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Lukaku don join the tap in ministry... We Ronaldo fans welcome you

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
adisaaowala:

No mind those mumu people
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
Leyqute:

Hope this one has come to stay though.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 24, 2017
No wahala sir. I'm used to it here, it's a public forum wink smiley

KingTom:
Honestly I didn't understand what you meant I thought you were speaking about age sorry ma grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 3:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Linkfield:
Lukaku don join the tap in ministry...
We Ronaldo fans welcome you

Can you just shut up? You I.diots can't just pass up an opportunity to criticize Lukaku, since he joined United. from having a bad first touch, to being lazy and some Even said he is Jambody or whatever bullshit you folks can lay your filthy hands on. But he has scored in virtually all the matches he has played to silence his critics. Now you simpleton has resorted to "tap in" rubbish. Are you watching the back of a black and white TV when he headed the ball from Young's cross? Go away with your Ronaldo, we don't care

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:43am On Sep 24, 2017
adisaaowala:

Doesn't mean TStv will fail. Doesn't mean they'll succeed too. Hitv's failure has nada to do with TStv.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:54am On Sep 24, 2017
eph12:
It can.. A lose is worse
ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:03am On Sep 24, 2017
adisaaowala:

Tstv wont be like hitv.
They are not coming with like for like features. They are coming with new features that will cripple any other player in the market. If you understand strategic mgt, you'll know they will survive once they are let lose.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 24, 2017
CapitalCee:

Can you just shut up? You I.diots can't just pass up an opportunity to criticize Lukaku, since he joined United. from having a bad first touch, to being lazy and some Even said he is Jambody or whatever bullshit you folks can lay your filthy hands on. But he has scored in virtually all the matches he has played to silence his critics. Now you simpleton has resorted to "tap in" rubbish. Are you watching the back of a black and white TV when he headed the ball from Young's cross? Go away with your Ronaldo, we don't care

Na wa oh!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HeyBigHead: 5:26am On Sep 24, 2017
lekkie073:
to those downgrading the lethal strength of the Southampton attack line, can u please show me a more lethal attack quartet than
,......,.............Shane long.........
Redmond...Davies.........Tadic.

leave the top 6 EPL teams' attack line out the discussion.

Who The fvck are these...What is a shane, is He from a family of redheads why us be called r3dmond...I can't believe we nearly lost to these clowns.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:22am On Sep 24, 2017
lekkie073:
to those downgrading the lethal strength of the Southampton attack line, can u please show me a more lethal attack quartet than
,......,.............Shane long.........
Redmond...Davies.........Tadic.

leave the top 6 EPL teams' attack line out the discussion.
Watford Huddersfield Leicester Westham Burnley Newcastle have all scored more goals this season and they're not part of the top 6. Those guys have scored just 4 this season in 6 matches and those 4 we're scored in 2 games which means 3 games against much lesser sides they drew blank.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:23am On Sep 24, 2017
CapitalCee:

You should have ignored that guy. Every other person here ignored him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
grin

So Dudes are still lamenting till now?! Even though we ain't pleased with the Performance, we should appreciate the 3 Points in the Bag.

Let's assumed he introduced Martial in the Game, we were threatening the Opponents, kept them at Bay, but eventually got countered and a Goal scored, what would have been our Reactions here?!

Dudes would be saying - JM has lost his Mojo, he should have opted for Park-the-Bus Tactic in the final Stage of the Match and secured the 3 Points.

I felt kinda dejected, reading a Comment made by one of the Gladiators of this Thread - claiming United is toeing the Path of Crystal Palace. I was like, what tempted this Nigga to spit out this Ish?!

We ain't satisfy with the Team Performance, but we shouldn't forget the Days we were having Laugh Galore on the Thread courtesy of scintillating Performances from the Team.

Time to move on Dudes - we should expect classic Performances from the Team onwards. Mind you, the last Match also was a classic Performance but defensively.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:36am On Sep 24, 2017
"It’s a difficult place to come. Our team had chances to kill the game, but we didn’t. Then we put ourselves in a position where we had to defend to keep the result, which we did extremely well, with a good keeper, with good defenders, with the substitution of Smalling, so I am really happy."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2017
"lt felt like for the majority of the second half we couldn’t seem to get out [of our half]. Then when we did get the ball we gave it away too cheaply which you know caused them to come straight back at us. It was just back and forth, like a yo-yo, like a basketball match for all the second half but we showed character, resilience and fight. We dug in and got the three points."

- Phil Jones
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:38am On Sep 24, 2017
"Wins are better when they’re four-nils. You don’t have to run so much or defend so much but when you get that 1-0 win you just wait for the final whistle. We were digging deep and when the referee blew the whistle you could see how much it meant to everyone. It’s a tough place to come, it is going to be tough for teams to come down here but we’re delighted to get the three points and go home now."

- Ashley Young
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2017
"When you look back in April and May, every point is precious. This could be the most vital three points we get all season. We had to defend for our lives; Southampton gave everything in the second half and just couldn’t get a goal thankfully. Not every game is enjoyable to watch but we've hung on to get three points."

- Arthur Albiston
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2017
HeyBigHead:

Who The fvck are these...What is a shane, is He from a family of redheads why us be called r3dmond...I can't believe we nearly lost to drew these clowns.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2017
Wura27:

No wahala sir. I'm used to it here, it's a public forum wink smiley

cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2017
Leyqute:

1. Emphasis on slowly
2. Na so e dey pain-vex me
3. If we keep playing poorly we will surely drop points. Many points
4. We didn't have a poor day today alone. We've been having poor days. Today is the worst. That's the koko.
5. We haven't played any of the tough sides.
6. We started hot last season but didn't score goals. Now we're scoring goals but are growing cold. That's a red flag. A very red one.
7. The only thing about City I envy is their spirit and dedication. If we have that we will surely triumph.

We've been playing poorly but today's performance is the worst and it is very annoying. I'm happy with the win but these performances don't make you look forward to the next match.

Let me complain when I can complain. Is it when we play badly and lose, and those agberos are partying here that you want me to complain?

E don do sef. I won't talk about this again. angry
Dude this talk about drifting towards Crystal palace is silly at the very least(no insult intended). What even brought about such a notion? Whether fast or slowly, we should not be in any way compared to palace. I understand that you are mad at the team and Jose for this eyesore of a performance, I am too. But please don't bring palace into this. Or is it City you are drooling over?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2017
Linkfield:

Na wa oh!
Lol.. The bros dey para.. Abeg understand. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Oasis007:
grin

So Dudes are still lamenting till now?! Even though we ain't pleased with the Performance, we should appreciate the 3 Points in the Bag.

Let's assumed he introduced Martial in the Game, we were threatening the Opponents, kept them at Bay, but eventually got a Counter and scored, what would have been our Reactions here?!

Dudes would be saying - JM has lost his Mojo, he should have opted for Park-the-Bus Tactic in the final Stage of the Match and secured the 3 Points.

I felt kinda dejected, reading a Comment made by one of the Gladiators of this Thread - claiming United is toeing the Path of Crystal Palace. I was like, what tempted this Nigga to spit out this Ish?!

Because we ain't satisfy with the Team Performance, shouldn't mean - we should forget the glorious Day we were having Laugh Galore on the Thread as a Result of the Team Performances.

Time to move on Dudes - we should expect classic Performances from the Team onwards. Mind you, the last Match also was a classic Performance but defensively.
As in! I didn't really mind the other angry comments but that one about toeing the path of crystal palace made me go nuts. I had to wait until I had slept over it so I am calm enough to quote Leycute without insulting him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2017
LoRdCaT:
Dude this talk about drifting towards Crystal palace is silly at the very least(no insult intended). What even brought about such a notion? Whether fast or slowly, we should not be in any way compared to palace. I understand that you are mad at the team and Jose for this eyesore of a performance, I am too. But please don't bring palace into this. Or is it City you are drooling over?

grin

I couldn't believe the Statement was made by him of all People. He was angry at the awful Display which is understandable - but JM opting to go defensive to keep the 3 Points in the Bag should be appreciated.

We all clamored for Mkhitaryan to be played in the middle, JM listened to us and keeps playing Mkhitaryan there, yet we still want JM to make him scoring Goals and creating Chances.

Fans can go to any Length to criticize when ain't happy with a Result or a Display, but we shouldn't go ballistic because we didn't lose the Match. I was imagining what Dudes would have been spitting - had the Team drawn or lost the Match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4513) (4514) (4515) (4516) (4517) (4518) (4519) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.