Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,590 members, 7,878,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4888) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8912463 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4885) (4886) (4887) (4888) (4889) (4890) (4891) ... (14228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

elrunning, Shey you watch Ronaldinho is it true that his dribbles don't lead to goals and assist

Lol, Dinho was one of the best to do it, no senseless dribbling or one corner dancing. Dribble and pass thru to goal, dribble and score.
Pass accuracy - Legit
Ball distribution - legit
Set Piece - Legit
Wonder goals - Legit

He didn't need to be banging goals like a striker for him to be crowned "world best".

His match performances were visible to the blind and audible to the deaf.

Who no claim Ronaldinho for street that year cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

Looks like many people have forgotten the man Ronaldinhp

Let me remind you of what he did in the big games

Ronaldinho dribble vs Ashley Cole led to assist

Ronaldinho dribble vs Nesta led to goal

Ronaldinho dribble vs Gattuso led to assist

Ronaldinho dribble led to assist

I wont even bother with the ones vs Ramos in ElClassico and many more

Remove these goals and assists after those dribbles from Rnaldinho and we have another Okocha

Its like you didn't read what I even wrote, my point is that dribbles leading to goals and assist does not mean that the dribbler must be the person to supply the final assist, a lot of things happen before then...
If you get time, check how many dribbles Ronaldinho get for him career and how many result to direct assist or goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
elrony:
Lol, Dinho was one of the best to do it, no senseless dribbling or one corner dancing. Dribble and pass thru to goal, dribble and score.
Pass accuracy - Legit
Set Piece - Legit
Wonder goals - Legit

He didn't need to be banging goals like a striker for him to be crowned "world best".

Who no claim Ronaldinho for street that year cheesy cheesy cheesy

If dem wan find equal for Hazard make dem go see Okocha Zaha Ikedia and those one corner dribble no output players

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

If dem wan find equal for Hazard make dem go see Okocha Zaha Ikedia and those one corner dribble no output players

Stop it! !! No mention Lord Jay Jay with Hazard abeg!!! angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
closerange:
Its like you didn't read what I even wrote, my point is that dribbles leading to goals and assist does not mean that the dribbler must be the person to supply the final assist, a lot of things happen before then...
If you get time, check how many dribbles Ronaldinho get for him career and how many result to direct assist or goal.

A lot of Ronaldinhos dribbles resulted directly into goals and assists, I have given you those in high profile games I can remember like the world cup, CL big games vs Milan,

Hazard dribbles most of them time results to nothing, He just dribbles to enjoy himself just like Okocha Quaresma etc. That is why he is topping takeon chart but hardly topping the assist charts

Hazard will be running with the ball, see open space, but he will break so that the defenders can recover and he will take time to dribble them all over again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
elrony:

Pass accuracy - Legit
Set Piece - Legit
Wonder goals - Legit

Who no claim Ronaldinho for street that year
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Come on!!! Will you taaaaaah dere angry you too dey claim streets for which year? If I hear pim again for your mouth angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
"They got so many points with Tony [Pulis] in the big matches. I think Tony assembled a very good squad, lots of experienced players, physical players who adapted to the Premier League, with know-how, lots of experience I repeat.

"So the squad is good, the players are good, the stadium is enthusiastic, the match is difficult."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
"We are second, the number of points could be first in other seasons, yes, but we are second.

"This is where we are. Not first, not third, we are second and, as I have been saying, match after match, one match at a time and let's see at the end of the season how many points and where we are."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
"I knew that was not going to be an easy job. I had that experience before. You go to clubs with a huge history where people look to the history and not to the moment and the expectations are high, but the job is difficult. But I have had that experience before at other clubs, so [it is] nothing new for me."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
“Bailly goes to surgery – the decision is made. I don’t say [he’s out] for the rest of the season but it’s for the next two or three months. 

“But now we have [Phil] Jones back and we have [Chris] Smalling, even [Daley] Blind, so it’s a position we have good cover in but of course we’ll miss the player.”

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
“A bit of recovering, a bit of rotation. I’ll change a few players from match to match because I think it is almost impossible for players to play all these matches in December and the beginning of January.”

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
diggz:

Come on!!! Will you taaaaaah dere angry you too dey claim streets for which year? If I hear pim again for your mouth angry

Bwahahahagrin grin grin wetin I do nah?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
Oasis007:
“Bailly goes to surgery – the decision is made. I don’t say [he’s out] for the rest of the season but it’s for the next two or three months. 

“But now we have [Phil] Jones back and we have [Chris] Smalling, even [Daley] Blind, so it’s a position we have good cover in but of course we’ll miss the player.”

- JOSE MOURINHO

Which kind spiritual injury Bailly get sef? .. Out of nowhere
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2017
Oasis007:

- JOSE MOURINHO
i wish him Bailly the quickest recovery.

Hope the rest of the team will be able to stand in for him especially Jones with that him self-inflict injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ctuagent007: 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
So all of a sudden we can't do without Pogba Yes, he has improved compared to last season but it's high time we start playing without a star man. This utd team should be built around at least 6-8 players & not Mou heavily relying on Pogba every now & then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
This Dayo of a man na real tortoise. See how he dey stylishly ignore parts of replies to him and dey focus on other things.
The kind of thing that makes on in the middle of an argument sigh and go 'fúck this shit I'm out'..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
LongD:
I just noticed that every match we lost this season apart from the UEFA super cup against Madrid, Pogba was not on the pitch. Even the Basel match where we dominated and conceded in the 90th minute Pogba was substituted like 20 minutes before then. Since mourihno took over we had been woeful away from home to top 6 teams. That trend was supposed to continue at Arsenal but there was a difference Pogba was playing. Yes we were dominated even more than the city game but we had a player who deliver good balls to our forwards. Not saying Pogba is god or anything cos even sometimes his performance is below par,but he's certainly our most important player this season. I am very certain that if he started against City being that we were at home, that match would have ended differently.

that's one of the factors I've been hammering on this season,not pet say pogba is our all and all,but that's the difference a quality player gives you..imagine if maybe,just maybe he played against Liverpool,Chelsea,and man city..things might have turned out differently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
ctuagent007:
So all of a sudden we can't do without Pogba Yes, he has improved compared to last season but it's high time we start playing without a star man. This utd team should be built around at least 6-8 players & not Mou heavily relying on Pogba every now & then.

bro the reason y its like that is because he's d only quality outfield player we have,we need more quality for this kind of things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
PietroRico:
This Dayo of a man na real tortoise. See how he dey stylishly ignore parts of replies to him and dey focus on other things.
The kind of thing that makes on in the middle of an argument sigh and go 'fúck this shit I'm out'..

WHich part did I ignore
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
dubylhover:

bro the reason y its like that is because he's d only quality outfield player we have,we need more quality for this kind of things

Pogba seems to be given free role in the team.

But others must have some sort of defensive role, even our CF don turn defensive striker.

Pogba is a very good player and will express him self when given the chance even with a little showboating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
codedguy1:

Pogba seems to be given free role in the team.

But others must have some sort of defensive role, even our CF don turn defensive striker.

Pogba is a very good player and will express him self when given the chance even with a little showboating.

all this talk about being defensive,its mostly against the big sides and besides mou is known for giving his attackers freedom to roam about,so pogba flourishing well isn't just because of his freedom,id that same freedom is given to Herrera or fellaini,it wont make a difference.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
dubylhover:

all this talk about being defensive,its mostly against the big sides and besides mou is known for giving his attackers freedom to roam about,so pogba flourishing well isn't just because of his freedom,id that same freedom is given to Herrera or fellaini,it wont make a difference.

I agree with your assertion about Herrera and Fellaini

I would rather more emphasis on attack be put on the likes of Martial and Rashford because I hate it when I here an attacking player was dropped or benched because he does not defend enough or failed to fall back to help the defense.

Why would Mourinho ALWAYS want to defend against top clubs. WTF is that all about.

He still doesn't really attack against the so called smaller clubs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2017
codedguy1:

I agree with your assertion about Herrera and Fellaini

I would rather more emphasis on attack be put on the likes of Martial and Rashford because I hate it when I here an attacking player was dropped or benched because he does not defend enough or failed to fall back to help the defense.

Why would Mourinho ALWAYS want to defend against top clubs. WTF is that all about.

He still doesn't really attack against the so called smaller clubs.

in all fairness,gas mou actually dropped Actually attacker this season because they didn't defend well? I don't think so..

and as for mou always defending against d top teams,I guess that's who he has always been,and why its more glaring in Manu is that he lacks d attackers and quality to kill games on the counter,so I guess he doesn't trust his players enough...honestly I also don't
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

Looks like many people have forgotten the man Ronaldinhp

Let me remind you of what he did in the big games

Ronaldinho dribble vs Ashley Cole led to assist

Ronaldinho dribble vs Nesta led to goal

Ronaldinho dribble vs Gattuso led to assist

Ronaldinho dribble led to assist

I wont even bother with the ones vs Ramos in ElClassico and many more

Remove these goals and assists after those dribbles from Rnaldinho and we have another Okocha

I decided to leave you and not respond again.

But let me point out to you that the quality of strikers and forward players you have determine how many Assists you can have.

If you play with Di Lima or Messi or Ronaldo or Raul or Inzaghi or Henry or Shearer, you would have many Assists. For instance, someone who had De Lima and Rivaldo as team mates would Assists more than one who has Lukaku and a forward like Mkhitaryan.

Nevertheless, as I said before, Ronaldinho didn’t have high games/assits ratio compared to many WF, FW, LF, RF, etc. He didn’t top Assists chart (among 5 European league) in any season when you add league+UCL Assists together. Ashley Young who didn't play UCL and with average team mates was able to top the chart once, and came second another season. Ronaldinho was known for his dribbling not Assists.

You are becoming a 'sinner' on top of this Hazard matter. I will be glad to have Hazard in my team. He has effective forward dribbling and has bailed Chelsea out many times with his consistent way of mounting pressure on oppositions.

Repent o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
^^I don't quite agree. We have been ruthless enough on the counters so far this season as long as the ball out of midfield is a quality pass. The problem is that the agents that deliver that quality ball from behind is not enough.

I can't stress the importance of Pogba in this team any more than I've done & his contribution was clear enough even with all the tantrums thrown his way last season; which brings me to a conclusion that we have better equipped attackers this season than the last.

Hererra & Matic are good players, 7/10 of the time they perform optimally but this team is looking more & more like a one-man team I'm afraid. Jose should look to improve the creative quality in the midfield by January.

As for those criticizing Mourinho, y'all should not forget that we have never been in 2nd position after a couple of games since SAF retired, & that was 4 years ago to date. Let us see what this season brings in terms of silverware. The progress may be slow or crooked but it's there & counting, it's a fact nobody can deny for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
elampiro:

I decided to leave you and not respond again.

But let me point out to you that the quality of strikers and forward players you have determine how many Assists you can have.

If you play with Di Lima or Messi or Ronaldo or Raul or Inzaghi or Henry or Shearer, you would have many Assists. For instance, someone who had De Lima and Rivaldo as team mates would Assists more than one who has Lukaku and a forward like Mkhitaryan.

Nevertheless, as I said before, Ronaldinho didn’t have high games/assits ratio compared to many WF, FW, LF, RF, etc. He didn’t top Assists chart (among 5 European league) in any season when you add league+UCL Assists together. Ashley Young who didn't play UCL and with average team mates was able to top the chart once, and came second another season. Ronaldinho was known for his dribbling not Assists.

You are becoming a 'sinner' on top of this Hazard matter. I will be glad to have Hazard in my team. He has effective forward dribbling and has bailed Chelsea out many times with his consistent way of mounting pressure on oppositions.

Repent o.

Hazard has played with Etoo, Drogba Torres, Costa Ba Morata Lukaku at some place or the other so who are the strikers who Hazard should play with

There are layers in the same team Hazard plays that top assist charts, e.g Fabregas

Hazard is a unproductive, I will only be glad to have Hazard in my team if I have a coach who can teach him how to be productive, if he wants to come and play one corner hopeless dribble like Okocha, I dont want

On Ronaldinho, his dribbles were always purposeful, see the clips I showed how he cribbled to create space for assist or shot not just roundabout like Pius Ikedia

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:49am On Dec 16, 2017
During an analysis session, Mkhitaryan called Jose 'olodo' so Jose kicked him out the door into the corridors grin. Seems Jose isn't done with his childish attitude.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by gift01: 5:49am On Dec 16, 2017
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is battling to save his Manchester United career after being dropped by Jose Mourinho following a row between the two men during a video analysis session at the club's Carrington training ground last month, sources have told ESPN FC. Mkhitaryan, 28, has been absent from seven of United's last eight matchday squads and sources at Old Trafford have confirmed that the former Borussia Dortmund midfielder angered Mourinho by disagreeing with the manager's assessment of his contribution during a substitute appearance against Brighton on Nov. 25. Mourinho was unhappy with Mkhitaryan's defensive work rate and a mistake made by the player, singling the Armenian international out for criticism in front of the rest of the first-team squad. Mkhitaryan responded to his manager's remarks, with the player continuing to debate Mourinho's assessment of his performance in the corridor outside the analysis suite at Carrington. Sources told ESPN FC in September that Mourinho was unhappy with Mkhitaryan's contribution against United's top-six rivals, but the player appeared to have overcome his manager's reservations by making an impressive start to the season with two goals and five assists in all competitions. However, Mourinho was unimpressed by Mkhitaryan's performance against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge at the beginning of November and has not selected him to start since. When asked on Wednesday why Mkhitaryan had not been in his plans recently, Mourinho said: "I can only have six [outfield] players on the bench and I try to have some balance on the bench -- I had two defenders and [Daley] Blind who can play in different areas. I had Ashley Young to cover me all of the wing and the wing-back position. "I had [Ander] Herrera as a midfield player, Zlatan [Ibrahimovic] as a striker and Marcus [Rashford] as a second striker and winger. I played [Anthony] Martial, [Juan] Mata and [Jesse] Lingard in the team. To have Micki means that I don't have one of them and, in this moment, I believe the other ones they deserve [the chance to play]." Inter Milan are keen to sign Mkhitaryan, who signed for United in July 2016, and could offer Portugal midfielder Joao Mario in an effort to negotiate a deal when the transfer window opens next month.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2017
raumdeuter:

If dem wan find equal for Hazard make dem go see Okocha Richarlison Zaha Ikedia and those one corner dribble no output players

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2017
Spy360:
During an analysis session, Mkhitaryan called Jose 'olodo' so Jose kicked him out the door into the corridors grin. Seems Jose isn't done with his childish attitude.
not in support of mourinho, but no be him use mhkitaryan leg to play spoil na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:22am On Dec 16, 2017
gift01:
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is battling to save his
Manchester United career after being dropped by
Jose Mourinho following a row between the two
men during a video analysis session at the club's
Carrington training ground last month, sources
have told ESPN FC.
Mkhitaryan, 28, has been absent from seven of
United's last eight matchday squads and sources
at Old Trafford have confirmed that the former
Borussia Dortmund midfielder angered Mourinho
by disagreeing with the manager's assessment
of his contribution during a substitute
appearance against Brighton on Nov. 25.
Mourinho was unhappy with Mkhitaryan's
defensive work rate
and a mistake made by the
player, singling the Armenian international out
for criticism in front of the rest of the first-team
squad.
Mkhitaryan responded to his manager's remarks,
with the player continuing to debate Mourinho's
assessment of his performance in the corridor
outside the analysis suite at Carrington.
Sources told ESPN FC in September that
Mourinho was unhappy with Mkhitaryan's
contribution against United's top-six rivals, but
the player appeared to have overcome his
manager's reservations by making an impressive
start to the season with two goals and five
assists in all competitions.
However, Mourinho was unimpressed by
Mkhitaryan's performance against Chelsea at
Stamford Bridge at the beginning of November
and has not selected him to start since.
When asked on Wednesday why Mkhitaryan had
not been in his plans recently, Mourinho said: "I
can only have six [outfield] players on the bench
and I try to have some balance on the bench -- I
had two defenders and [Daley] Blind who can
play in different areas. I had Ashley Young to
cover me all of the wing and the wing-back
position.
"I had [Ander] Herrera as a midfield player,
Zlatan [Ibrahimovic] as a striker and Marcus
[Rashford] as a second striker and winger. I
played [Anthony] Martial, [Juan] Mata and
[Jesse] Lingard in the team. To have Micki
means that I don't have one of them and, in this
moment, I believe the other ones they deserve
[the chance to play]."
Inter Milan are keen to sign Mkhitaryan, who
signed for United in July 2016, and could offer
Portugal midfielder Joao Mario in an effort to
negotiate a deal when the transfer window opens
next month.
I thought it's his efforts in the final third that we should be more concerned about?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:26am On Dec 16, 2017
eph12:

I thought it's his efforts in the final third that we should be more concerned about?

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4885) (4886) (4887) (4888) (4889) (4890) (4891) ... (14228) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.