Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8984474 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5135) (5136) (5137) (5138) (5139) (5140) (5141) ... (14270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

All these shows is that underdogs had more of a chance in the past decade when compared to the present times...

If more people are winning a prize, is it more or less difficult to win that prize
It shows you that the level of competition among peers is on a record high thus it is more difficult to have one individual dominate like we have now...That Milan team was better than this Madrid team but they couldn't win it twice in a row because you had others who were equally excellent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
patrickmuf:
It showed that we had more teams who were up to the standard. I am sure you don't enjoy the Bundesliga of recent...I am also sure you were happy to see Atletico Madrid challenging Real and Barcelona?
Back then, you had so many good teams that it was difficult for another to dominate completely...The competition was fiesty, a lot different fr what you have now.

Still trying to spin this narrative, i see. I wonder why u didn't answer my question...

That something is competitive doesn't mean it's quality... The Nigerian league is a case study for that...

During that time, Barca were not a superpower, and Madrid were in a mess... So it was not abundance of quality, rather it was paucity of quality and predominance of uniform averageness...

The only thing that has stopped athletico and juventus from multiple cl wins is the extraordinary brilliance of Barca and more recently Madrid...

When the best students in class are flopping, the average students who are naturally many would be forming activity but when the best students get their mojo back, it's back to business as usual

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
patrickmuf:
It shows you that the level of competition among peers is on a record high thus it is more difficult to have one individual dominate like we have now...That Milan team was better than this Madrid team but they couldn't win it twice in a row because you had others who were equally excellent.

Milan team was better than Madrid team? This has got to be a joke.

Milan that were in a league where inter, perpetual ucl flops were dominating?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

Still trying to spin this narrative, i see. I wonder why u didn't answer my question...

That something is competitive doesn't mean it's quality... The Nigerian league is a case study for that...

During that time, Barca were not a superpower, and Madrid were in a mess... So it was not abundance of quality, rather it was paucity of quality and predominance of uniform averageness...

The only thing that has stopped athletico and juventus from multiple cl wins is the extraordinary brilliance of Barca and more recently Madrid...

When the best students in class are flopping, the average students who are naturally many would be forming activity but when the best students get their mojo back, it's back to business as usual
Wow!!! Milan was average, Barcelona was average, Manchester United were average, The Galacticos were average, that Bayern team was average...Humor me more...The Juventus you have now won't stand a chance against the Del Piero, Nedved led Juventus.

This Atletico Madrid will be beaten blue black by that Milan team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
patrickmuf:
Is it not also foolhardy to consider Mourinho's early years as a coach? Is it not foolhardy to think Mourinho should have won more coaching moderately successful teams bar Madrid and now Manchester United who are only starting to rise after a slump occasioned by the retirement of Fergie?
Is it not foolhardy to talk about number of trophies won in relation to the number of years in the game without factoring in the amount spent in this period?

Why bar madrid? Why? So we should just ignore mourinho's biggest failure?

The fact is that guardiola has not tried to coach small teams and failed, so arguing from non existent circumstances...

Both of them have attempted roles in big clubs and guardiola did better by far
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

It's called analogy... If your reasoning is logical then it should hold true for the Walcott statement to... Logic is consistent...

Therefore, if you cannot agree that Walcott is better than mbappe on the basis of him scoring more goals despite playing a lot more games, then your statement about 19 and 22 is wrong because it's the same underlying principle

Miss me with the BS bruv!!!

You hop on my mention and assert that "Guardiola has effectively equaled mourinho's trophy haul in significantly less years " , a lie that you cannot prove in factual terms.

Here you are trying to concoct an aberration irrelevant to the discourse, and yet you speak of analogy and reasoning.

High time you stopped creating unnecessary arguments in your head manns, you've been running from pillar to post all day, over a goof which just happened to nullify your ("I am correct in my head narratives" ) undecided

I don't do back and forth projections, facts only.

Have a good night rest.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
patrickmuf:
Wow!!! Milan was average, Barcelona was average, Manchester United were average, The Galacticos were average, that Bayern team was average...Humor me more...The Juventus you have now won't stand a chance against the Del Piero, Nedved led Juventus.

This Atletico Madrid will be beaten blue black by that Milan team.

Don't try to switch mouths, u said Milan was better than the present Madrid team. Please explain

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

Milan team was better than Madrid team? This has got to be a joke.

Milan that were in a league where inter, perpetual ucl flops were dominating?
Care to compare their players?
Dida over Navas
Cafu over Carvajal
Stam over Varane or Pepe
Nesta over Ramos
Maldini over Marcelo
Gattuso over Casmeiro
Pirlo over Modric
Seedorf over Kroos
Kaka over Bale
Ronaldo over Crespo
Shevchenko over Benzema.

Let me see yours...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

Why bar madrid? Why? So we should just ignore mourinho's biggest failure?

The fact is that guardiola has not tried to coach small teams and failed, so arguing from non existent circumstances...

Both of them have attempted roles in big clubs and guardiola did better by far
But Mourinho has done it at two different clubs with different players, his methods not just the players at work.

Pep can't do shit without Messi, Xavi and Iniesta
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
elrony:

Miss me with the BS bruv!!!

You hop on my mention and assert that "Guardiola has effectively equaled mourinho's trophy haul in significantly less years " , a lie that you cannot prove in factual terms.

Here you are trying to concoct an aberration irrelevant to the discourse, and yet you speak of analogy and reasoning.

High time you stopped creating unnecessary arguments in your head manns, you've been running from pillar to post all day, over a goof which just happened to nullify your ("I am correct in my head narratives" ) undecided

I don't do back and forth projections, facts only.

Have a good night rest.

Keep holding to that line, no problem... People who are desperately in need of a lifeline tend to do that

Good night
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2018
patrickmuf:
Dida over Navas
Cafu over Carvajal
Stam over Varane or Pepe
Nesta over Ramos
Maldini over Marcelo
Gattuso over Casmeiro
Pirlo over Modric
Seedorf over Kroos
Kaka over Bale
Ronaldo over Crespo
Shevchenko over Benzema.

Let me see yours...

How many league titles did this team win... They were bested by inter Milan.... Good players, not the best of teams... The facts speak for themselves

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2018
patrickmuf:
But Mourinho has done it at two different clubs with different players, his methods not just the players at work.

Pep can't do shit without Messi, Xavi and Iniesta

Pep holds the consecutive record win in the three leagues he has coached, he has won the league three times consecutively on two different occasions... Let Mourinho first last three years in a club before you compare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

Keep holding to that line, no problem... People who are desperately in need of a lifeline tend to do that

Good night

Facts don't lie!

Good night
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
patrickmuf:
Dida over Navas
Cafu over Carvajal
Stam over Varane or Pepe
Nesta over Ramos
Maldini over Marcelo
Gattuso over Casmeiro
Pirlo over Modric
Seedorf over Kroos
Kaka over Bale
Ronaldo over Crespo
Shevchenko over Benzema.

Let me see yours...

Only a fool will try to twist this. I will pick this Ac Milan team any day anytime over this Madrid dross who have been so lucky.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

How many league titles did this team win... They were bested by inter Milan.... Good players, not the best of teams... The facts speak for themselves
League is local trophy...As good as this Milan team is, they were only able to win the UCL 1 time due to the competition on offer back then...I am happy you agree they are better than Madrid teams who have benefited from the obvious drop in quality opposition in recent times...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
joeace2020:

Only a fool will try to twist this. I will pick this Ac Milan team any day anytime over this Madrid dross who have been so lucky.
The guy is just tiring, he has now ran to league titles to justify his claims.
We saw the UCL back then and it was damn competitive, the likes of Lyon, PSV, Deportivo, Benfica, Valencia were capable to going toe to toe with the so called big boys...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
patrickmuf:
League is local trophy...As good as this Milan team is, they were only able to win the UCL 1 time due to the competition on offer back then...I am happy you agree they are better than Madrid teams who have benefited from the obvious drop in quality opposition in recent times...

What are you saying like this... If it's a local league, why didn't Milan dominate for years. At least it should be easier to win a local league...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

Pep holds the consecutive record win in the three leagues he has coached, he has won the league three times consecutively on two different occasions... Let Mourinho first last three years in a club before you compare
Record wins is trash, it doesn't count for anything except for those who have a thing for the Guinness book of records...League trophies in the Bundesliga with Bayern is akin to winning the Scottish leagie with Celtic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
randomperson:

What are you saying like this... If it's a local league, why didn't Milan dominate for years. At least it should be easier to win a local league...
Story...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
joeace2020:

The Madrid dross that has won 3 ucl in four years as compared to Milan that was playing second fiddle to inter Milan.... Hope this is not how u choose your girlfriends
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:01am On Jan 30, 2018
randomperson:

The Madrid dross that has won 3 ucl in four years as compared to Milan that was playing second fiddle to inter Milan.... Hope this is not how u choose your girlfriends
This Madrid team will struggle to make the UCL semis back then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:01am On Jan 30, 2018
randomperson:

It's not a goof. Anybody with elementary understanding of figure of speech would see the point of hat statement...

And since you insist the number of years spent achieving something doesn't matter, lemme say a little prayer for you:

"The money your rivals make in 10 years, you will make it in 20 years"

I dare you to say amen grin grin
You see how you will just be disappointing yourself. If my rival makes 1 billion in 10 years and I make 1.1 billion in 20 years who is richer at the end of those years? Who will be rated more by Forbes or any other body u can think of?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 12:02am On Jan 30, 2018
patrickmuf:
Record wins is trash, it doesn't count for anything except for those who have a thing for the Guinness book of records...League trophies in the Bundesliga with Bayern is akin to winning the Scottish leagie with Celtic.

YY, that's why ancelloti is getting sacked halfway into the season...Even Heyneckes didn't win the bundesliga thrice in a row
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:05am On Jan 30, 2018
randomperson:

YY, that's why ancelloti is getting sacked halfway into the season...Even Heyneckes didn't win the bundesliga thrice in a row
He was sacked not because he didn't win the league but because he lost the dressing room. He won the league last season and would have won it again. Even you with your funny analysis will coach Bayern to win that league...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 12:06am On Jan 30, 2018
eph12:

You see how you will just be disappointing yourself. If my rival makes 1 billion in 10 years and I make 1.1 billion in 20 years who is richer at the end of those years? Who will be rated more by Forbes or any other body u can think of?

Because your rival wouldn't work again, abi?

We are talking about efficiency here. If it takes Gates 10 years to make 10billion and it takes Buffet 20 years to make 11 billion, who's the more astute business man...

It's like all of you didn't do economics in secondary school abi? This ignorance of simple statistics is befuddling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:09am On Jan 30, 2018
patrickmuf:
You come here saying Pep has won more in 10 years compared to Mou who has spent 18 years but when you are asked to also check how much each of them have spent you start jumping from pillar to post like a cursed gorilla...

Na here we dey, this is not your thread where you just type whatever you feel like for the likes, you go run last last...
It's even more pathetic when you realize he has spent more in much lesser number of years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:09am On Jan 30, 2018
Pep took a year off but has spent more if not as much as Mourinho who has been in the game much longer...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 10Dove(m): 12:11am On Jan 30, 2018
Eric Bailey is one of the BEST defenders in europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:11am On Jan 30, 2018
eph12:

It's even more pathetic when you realize he has spent more in much lesser number of years
Don't forget he even took a year off...Cheque book manager...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 12:12am On Jan 30, 2018
patrickmuf:
He was sacked not because he didn't win the league but because he lost the dressing room. He won the league last season and would have won it again. Even you with your funny analysis will coach Bayern to win that league...

Bayern were struggling in the league and then they lost to psg in the cl.... That's why he was sacked.... Heyneckes, the treble winning coach didn't win the league every time... Guardiola sucked the life out of the league- they were winning the league with a lot of games still to play

And remember, ancelloti didn't make semis in last years cl. If it was guardiola now, we wouldn't hear word

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:12am On Jan 30, 2018
Anytime you feel like yarning bullocks, avoid this thread...Your half truths will be laid bare here and your lies exposed...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:14am On Jan 30, 2018
randomperson:

Because your rival wouldn't work again, abi?

We are talking about efficiency here. If it takes Gates 10 years to make 10billion and it takes Buffet 20 years to make 11 billion, who's the more astute business man...

It's like all of you didn't do economics in secondary school abi? This ignorance of simple statistics is befuddling
How we rate who is better when he has not actually bettered anything unless that in your imagination? Just a couple of months Madrid was adjudged to be better than every other team, and most likely to bully barca this season. Reality has set in and now the case is different. Pep may equal that trophy haul but for now he should take a sit please. Jose last won the champions league in 2010 while Pep in 2011 and you are here disturbing me about some local competition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5135) (5136) (5137) (5138) (5139) (5140) (5141) ... (14270) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.