Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8895470 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6327) (6328) (6329) (6330) (6331) (6332) (6333) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
"I'm here to help players, to guide players until the summer and I think when you sit him down and talk to him [Martial], for example, about Cristiano's career, what he's made of his career and how he's got there and we talk about all the fantastic players with the history they've got, I think Anthony just said, 'If I can be a part of this I'd like to'.

"I speak about my experience at this club and what [Martial] can achieve. I talk about Cristiano's career, what he's made, how he's got there.

"That's up to any player, how you make a decision on how to develop your own career. Cristiano was the best, the way he's changed to now; that's part of any player - you've got to model yourself on someone and you've got to have more challenges ahead of you."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
"Yeah, he has the capability but as I said here I’d like him to make a few more runs in behind because he doesn’t miss chances, he's a fantastic finisher, he needs to get more chances.

"I keep telling him [Martial] you need to read and sniff whether there's going to be a chance. Maybe get some scruffy goals as well.

"Him and Marcus (Rashford) score lots of 'worldy' goals, but those five or six extra goals that I used to do with tap-ins, by making those runs, go a long way.".

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2019
"Healthy competition [is between Martial and Rashford] but also they can create a relationship. They can play for many years together, hopefully.

"They can feed off each other because both are very good at coming off the left. If one plays central the other can do opposite movements.

"I think in the coming years we'll see loads of combinations between those two."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
"It didn’t surprise me [mid-week results], always happens in Premier League, anyone can beat anyone, we went up to Newcastle beat them and they go and beat City so every single game here you’ve got to be spot on, two or three instances cost us against Burnley."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2019
"It’s very equipped [the Squad],we’ve had now six weeks together, found out what strengths weaknesses we’ve got, we’ve risen to most of the challenges, maybe the setback of the Burnley goals we conceded, make us move to the next level because we’ve given ourselves a chance now to get into the top four earlier than we thought but there’s not too many games, tough opposition.

We start with this game against Liverpool, Fulham away as well and then the three big ones with PSG, Liverpool and Chelsea, Palace away, it’s a tough month but we’re ready, I’ve got a big squad, it’s only Marcos Rojo now who’s out for a period."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2019
"Definitely [Martial can play centrally], because Anthony’s preferred position would probably be a number nine, most of them want to play through the middle, but where you put out from the start it’s more the defensive position, we want them to rotate, interchange, you’ve got to get into the box to score."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2019
"They [Leicester] beat Chelsea. I watched the game Wednesday night, team full of energy pace, they defend well, drop back and defend so hard to break them down and they’ve got the pace up front so it’s gonna be a tough challenge but we like challenges."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
"We’ve not had a proper session since the game so hopefully both of them can get through that I don’t think there’s anything with Paul.

"Anthony will do some rehab work I would imagine him to be involved, he seemed happy yesterday."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2019
Y'all go vote OGS as manager of the month smiley

Link

https://www.premierleague.com/news/984087

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2019
You can also vote Sarriball, they just didn't include his name on the website wink.

Call their customer care for instructions on how to.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2019
PietroRick:
but ocean no dey between here and Ethiopia.
Why some people come dey say you swim ocean?

Not everyone posting on nairaland is sane. It's your responsibility to ignore stupid comments like that. If you now use such views for conclusions, there is no difference between you and those dolts.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2019
Oasis007:
"They [Leicester] beat Chelsea. I watched the game Wednesday night, team full of energy pace, they defend well, drop back and defend so hard to break them down and they’ve got the pace up front so it’s gonna be a tough challenge but we like challenges."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

Nice one, i like how you started Mata and Pereira against Burnley, you are on the right track.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2019
Brethren, the Lord has finally heard our cry....

Fellaini.. gone....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2019
pharod:

Fellaini.. gone....
Praise ye dah Lord!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
Oasis007:
"... but where you put out from the start it’s more the defensive position, we want them to rotate, interchange, you’ve got to get into the box to score."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
E b lyk say this man dey read my mind, wetin I dey think make dem dey do na im he just talk.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2019
Manchester United has provided the Premier League with an updated first-team squad list for the remainder of the 2018/19 season.

Senior squad list:

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Sergio Romero.

Defenders: Eric Bailly, Matteo Darmian, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Antonio Valencia.

Midfielders: Fred, Ander Herrera, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic,

Forwards: Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez.

Homegrown list:

Goalkeeper: Lee Grant.

Defenders: Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young.

Midfielders: Jesse Lingard, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba.

Forwards: Romelu Lukaku.

Under-21 list:

Defender: Diogo Dalot.

Forward: Marcus Rashford.

Of course, other youngsters who fall into this category are also available for selection.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2019
pharod:

Fellaini.. gone....

Finally, kudos to him for helping us qualify for R16 in the UCL...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
Lana1:
Praise ye dah Lord!!
Halleluyah!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2019
If we no at least make serious attempt for Nicolas pepe this summer, we will not be doing ourselves any favors. That boy is the truth man.
The best RW in the market at the moment, by a country mile too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
Afrodoc2, were you able to catch the u23 match today?
Levitt made his first start. There were a couple of other debutants too.
The team was basically the u18 team of last season, that McKenna was using to flog everybody. Word is that they played very well, even though they lost by a lone goal.
Be like them don chase all the average young adults out of the club either on loan or permanently.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:16am On Feb 02, 2019
PietroRick:
Afrodoc2, were you able to catch the u23 match today?
Levitt made his first start. There were a couple of other debutants too.
The team was basically the u18 team of last season, that McKenna was using to flog everybody. Word is that they played very well, even though they lost by a lone goal.
Be like them don chase all the average young adults out of the club either on loan or permanently.

Watched it. That Southampton team with older and bigger players parked the bus for 90mins.
Their coach Radhi Jaïdi should be ashamed.

George Tanner at RB was useless going forward, he is not going to make it here.
Williams at LB was quite good in both boxes even though he is right footed.
Our CBs can pass the ball but like i said earlier they are crap defenders.

Garner, Levitt, and Gomes bossed the midfield but struggled to really create chances.

Greenwood was not on form but he still created our best chances.
Chong didn’t have a good game, and he struggled with decision making.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:16am On Feb 02, 2019
Afro man don finally leave us, we should have kept him till summer shaa.
Would have been a great option to have off the bench for our current CL campaign and fight for top four.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 12:36am On Feb 02, 2019
afrodoc2:

Watched it. That Southampton team with older and bigger players parked the bus for 90mins.
Their coach Radhi Jaïdi should be ashamed.

George Tanner at RB was useless going forward, he is not going to make it here.
Williams at LB was quite good in both boxes even though he is right footed.
Our CBs can pass the ball but like i said earlier they are crap defenders.

Garner, Levitt, and Gomes bossed the midfield but struggled to really create chances.

Greenwood was not on form but he still created our best chances.
Chong didn’t have a good game, and he struggled with decision making.
Levitt's time away from the spotlight Greenwood, Garner et all have seems to be coming to an end too.

Its a good thing our next manager is going to be someone that won't ignore youth for sure. Anyone we end up with between Pochettino and Ole (if he continues to impress) will be fine.
They are both guaranteed to give what we have coming from within a proper look in.

Worst case scenario we fill up squad spaces with some of these guys in the next 2-3 years, even if they don't develop to be World beaters and then only go out to break the bank for confirmed gems.

Nicky Butt deserves credit for the way he's running the academy.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:54am On Feb 02, 2019
PietroRick:
Levitt's time away from the spotlight Greenwood, Garner et all have seems to be coming to an end too.

Its a good thing our next manager is going to be someone that won't ignore youth for sure. Anyone we end up with between Pochettino and Ole (if he continues to impress) will be fine.
They are both guaranteed to give what we have coming from within a proper look in.

Worst case scenario we fill up squad spaces with some of these guys in the next 2-3 years, even if they don't develop to be World beaters and then only go out to break the bank for confirmed gems.

Nicky Butt deserves credit for the way he's running the academy.

A good number of players with potential but i don’t think any of them is ready for the EPL.
The best thing that can be done is to keep them away from the first team until next season, UNLESS there is an injury crisis.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:53am On Feb 02, 2019
Afroman can look back on his time with and not have any regrets. I go Miss am sha.

Make we promote better prospect from how academy to take him spot.

Am glad Martial resign for five years but the rumored 250k seem a bit much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:27am On Feb 02, 2019
smiley

Loving Ole's pressers as always..

'People said going to Newcastle would be an easy game, we beat them but then they do and beat City'

In other words he's indirectly telling all those twats who would not shut up about how easy its been for him, that there are NO easy games in the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:31am On Feb 02, 2019
Aside from a goal in our 4-2 win over Manchester City and an injury time winner against Arsenal last season, Fellaini’s biggest moments came in semi-finals. He scored against former club Everton at Wembley in our 2-1 win in 2016 that booked our place in the final, in the League Cup semi-final against Hull in 2017, as well as the Europa League semi-final against Celta Vigo. Given these are the only three trophies we’ve won since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, his role in our success should be recognised.

However, he wasn’t what you would typically imagine when thinking of ‘a United player’ and now that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in charge, it feels like a turning point away from the approach of former three managers.

Still, United better hope that Ander Herrera or Nemanja Matic don’t pick up any injuries in the remaining months of the season, given how thin on the ground we are in this position. Maybe Solskjaer would rather given youngsters the opportunity, which is an admirable move, but one that doesn’t come without risk.

All the best, Marouane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2019
SIRcumalot:
Afroman can look back on his time with and not have any regrets. I go Miss am sha.

Make we promote better prospect from how academy to take him spot.

Am glad Martial resign for five years but the rumored 250k seem a bit much.
Dailymail said it's 200k
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Dailymail said it's 200k

Sky Says 250K
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2019
Even 200 is still too high.
That is premium fee for a player who hasn't maintained a level of excellence that price commands.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

Sky Says 250K
Well, i don't really care how much the club decides to pay him. All i care about is his onfield performance. I just want him to be at the top of his game, reach his full potential and drop worldclass performances consistently.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2019
SIRcumalot:
Even 200 is still too high.
That is premium fee for a player who hasn't maintained a level of excellence that price commands.
I guess the club did it to tie him down for a long time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6327) (6328) (6329) (6330) (6331) (6332) (6333) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Yemike(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.