Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,062 members, 7,896,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 03:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8971220 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6487) (6488) (6489) (6490) (6491) (6492) (6493) ... (14267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
GloryIsaac:

I'm not playing down anything, but what Ronaldo has done for Madrid is very similar to what De Gea has done for ManUtd in terms of impact.

There are other good players, but there is always that standout player people look to when the cards are down. It's unfortunate that in ManUtd's case, a goalkeeper is that player. Even Mourinho insulted Van Gaal for letting a goalkeeper win player of the season, he too came and a goalkeeper still won win player of the season.

Ronaldo was the standout player for Real Madrid.
Messi is the standout player for Barcelona
Hazard is the standout player for Chelsea

That's why they're the most criticized when the team loses..

Recently, Pogba has been stepping into that role, relieving De Gea to an extent.
every teams has a standout does not mean that team will be useless if that stand out guy is gone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
odizeey:

I don't understand your own pillar but messi has been the most influential player there since 2009.

Whatever 'word' you use to run around with, i don't care.

Why has Messi not won the World Cup for Argentina? Despite being surrounded by Star players and World-Class attackers?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Whatever 'word' you use to run around with, i don't care.

Why has Messi not won the World Cup for Argentina? Despite being surrounded by Star players and World-Class attackers?
you are playing into my hands. I wanted to let you all know that football is not about one man, even if he is better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2019
odizeey:
every teams has a standout does not mean that team will be useless if that stand out guy is gone.

Did Madrid qualify for UCL quarter-finals this season? Despite being defending champions who won it 3 times in 4 years?

Do you realize that De Gea is the reason United have had top four hopes since Fergie left? See how this season was when he lost form...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
odizeey:
you are playing into my hands. I wanted to let you all know that football is not about one man, even if he is better.

Don't twist it please, I hate amala turning.

Somebody mentioned that Ronaldo was the reason Madrid won all those UCLs, you replied by asking why he has not won the World Cup for Portugal.

By similarity, Messi is the pillar behind Barca's success, but he has not won the World Cup for a Star-studded Argentina...

So trying to use the World Cup as a standard for Ronaldo's dominance at Real Madrid is absolute trash.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Did Madrid qualify for UCL quarter-finals this season? Despite being defending champions who won it 3 times in 4 years?

Do you realize that De Gea is the reason United have had top four hopes since Fergie left? See how this season was when he lost form...

only Ronaldo left Madrid abi.

De gea has been outstanding and playing his part in the team, if the defenders were leaving him open all time you think we no go dey park goal abi.
If players no score and we draw all 38 matches, just do the maths.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:42pm On Mar 23, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Don't twist it please, I hate amala turning.

Somebody mentioned that Ronaldo was the reason Madrid won all those UCLs, you replied by asking why he has not won the World Cup for Portugal.

By similarity, Messi is the pillar behind Barca's success, but he has not won the World Cup for a Star-studded Argentina...

So trying to use the World Cup as a standard for Ronaldo's dominance at Real Madrid is absolute trash.
did anybody mention that messi gave barca all 3 UCL since 2009?

When you say give, that means you carry am as boss because na your own, give person.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 23, 2019
odizeey:
only Ronaldo left Madrid abi.

De gea has been outstanding and playing his part in the team, if the defenders were leaving him open all time you think we no go dey park goal abi.
If players no score and we draw all 38 matches, just do the maths.

Still can't see the light. Let's see how Madrid will fare now that Cristiano has left, but Zizou is around.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
odizeey:

Who did you call as the pillar behind their success?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Still can't see the light. Let's see how Madrid will fare now that Cristiano has left, but Zizou is around.
Let's see
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
odizeey:

When you say give, that means you carry am as boss because na your own, give person.

Smh, so this is what you understood by that comment?.. Forget it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Who did you call as the pillar behind their success?
if you build house, use one pillar abeg. No disturb me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
odizeey:

Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
ChristineC:
without Ronaldo, Real Madrid wouldn't win all those UCL titles. Fact is Ronaldo gave Real Madrid those titles, not the other way round.
Ronaldo would have achieved the same if he stayed in Man United and most certainly more domestic titles than he had with real Madrid.
he would have smashed the total number of EPL goals scored by a player long ago.
total EPL goals scored by a player in a single season.
existing highest total goals scored by a player for Man United would have been in the bins long ago.
his personal feats in the UCL up to this point wouldn't be any less.
yes he'd have been robbed of a few balon d'ors by the corrupt vultures circling UEFA but he'd have decent numbers there still.

My thought is, no comparison between de Gea impact and C.Ronaldo. it's a mile apart, de Gea winning anything there would have been down to Cristiano. CR is a god.
emphasis on the GAVE.

For God so love the world that he GAVE.

Since he is so good in giving he should go to his childhood club Sporting Lisbon and GIVE or stay in man utd to GIVE.

CC Gloryisaac
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2019
Lol, if you build house, use one pillar abeg

dis guy don craze grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2019
Odizeey Baba cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
SkimpleD:
Odizeey Baba cheesy
Boss I greet o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
weedtaker:
Lol, if you build house, use one pillar abeg

dis guy don craze grin grin

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
odizeey:
Boss I greet o
Drop it like it’s hot jaree.

Nothing do you. We the association of General Overseers in Sports thread got you covered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2019
engrelvis:
before pogba there was man utd.After pogba their will still man utd.Replacement or no replacement we will survive.One man loss is another man opportunity. If he want to go let him go.When Ronaldo left we nor die so Not talk of inconsistent pogba.
I don't like this hype of pogba, Yes, he is currently our best player. With pogba, we loss two nil at home against PSG, without him, we won 3-1 against PSG. If he want to leave, let him leave but we must get at least times two of what we paid for him

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TalabiAudu: 1:27am On Mar 24, 2019
Lmao...

When Lord Ororo wins the UCL for Juve, you go know say one pillar dey carry house

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neimar: 2:37am On Mar 24, 2019
TalabiAudu:
Lmao...

When Lord Ororo wins the UCL for Juve, you go know say one pillar dey carry house

u go wail taya....Dem tel say na Ronaldo dy carry Juve abi grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 5:07am On Mar 24, 2019
TalabiAudu:
Lmao...

I guess Ronaldo will defend and also keep Abi? Ronaldo will perform the role of 11 players. Pillar ko. Opkomulero ni

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 24, 2019
LoRdCaT:
I guess Ronaldo will defend and also keep Abi? Ronaldo will perform the role of 11 players. Pillar ko. Opkomulero ni

Why is it so tough to see the point?

Players like Ronaldo and Messi are game-changing players.

This is why some years back when there were rumors of United signing Griezmann, I and Elampiro didn't support it because Griezmann is not a game-changing player, he's good but not who you can hope on when things get really tough.

When things get tough at Barca, who do they pin their hopes on?

Back then at Madrid, who do they hope on?

When the team loses, who gets trolled? Aren't there 11 players, so why does 1 in particular get trolled?

Even in normal street football, there's always that one guy folks love to have on their team.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:43am On Mar 24, 2019
SkimpleD:

Drop it like it’s hot jaree.

Nothing do you. We the association of General Overseers in Sports thread got you covered.
hahaha. If e happen una go reject me o. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:50am On Mar 24, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Why is it so tough to see the point?

Players like Ronaldo and Messi are game-changing players.

This is why some years back when there were rumors of United signing Griezmann, I and Elampiro didn't support it because Griezmann is not a game-changing player, he's good but not who you can hope on when things get really tough.

When things get tough at Barca, who do they pin their hopes on?

Back then at Madrid, who do they hope on?

When the team loses, who gets trolled? Aren't there 11 players, so why does 1 in particular get trolled?

Even in normal street football, there's always that one guy folks love to have on their team.
please you are saying what we all know.
My argument is against one man been the sole reason why they win all trophies.

For the record I've seen pique, Ramos, xavi, benzema, Marcelo get trolled when they lose.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Like my statements, these are if statements. But the probability of my statements being reality are higher than yours because of the difference in the quality of Madrid's team and ours. And i was not comparing De Gea's impact to Ronaldo's. I was only trying to show why Pogba should not be overly criticized for saying "Madrid's every players dream" Also, someone was trying to downplay De gea's impact on the team, i was trying to show the person that Romero is nowhere near as important as De gea is to this team. Ronaldo is several levels above the regular world class player, but without quality teammates, he could not have achieved all he did. You would not regard him as a god today if he stayed at United, his transfer to Madrid made sure his Legendary status was secured.

the probability of achieving more in Man United was there because as at when Ronaldo left, he had played in two semi-finals and two UCL finals including winning it once. Man United still got to another with Rooney leading the charge just two years later after Ronaldo left, the "quality" in Real Madrid were still picking their noses.

He had already seen a 42-goal season playing as a wing-forward and already broken the hoodoo of an EPL player, rising above politics to deservedly win the WPOTY. He didn't need the "quality" of Real Madrid who were getting analy-zed by the likes of Roma AS in two rounds.

The United squad was still better than Real Madrid up till SAF last season with the club. We all saw how toothless Madrid was when pitched against United in the UCL knockout stage even with Ronaldo on their books.

Don't discount how many quality players would have preferred a move to Old Trafford because a player like Ronaldo is there, and I also do not think SAF would have retired with such quality player on his books.

Great career he's had, yet he'd have had it with or without Real Madrid; and even better if he remained in Man United.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 24, 2019
larride:

It seems its particular to Spanish team. Atl. Madrid did the same to Arsenal last season in the Europa but Arsenal has to subsidize their own ticket by half.

I’m glad MUFC is hitting them back in their own coin. Nothing like taking the higher ground, if they want to be cünt, then MUFC will show them we are cünt also.

Nonsense.
it’s no news that u guys are cunts

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 24, 2019
odizeey:
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:50am On Mar 24, 2019
ChristineC:

the probability of achieving more in Man United was there because as at when Ronaldo left, he had played in two semi-finals and two UCL finals including winning it once. Man United still got to another with Rooney leading the charge just two years later after Ronaldo left, the "quality" in Real Madrid were still picking their noses.

He had already seen a 42-goal season playing as a wing-forward and already broken the hoodoo of an EPL player, rising above politics to deservedly win the WPOTY. He didn't need the "quality" of Real Madrid who were getting analy-zed by the likes of Roma AS in two rounds.

The United squad was still better than Real Madrid up till SAF last season with the club. We all saw how toothless Madrid was when pitched against United in the UCL knockout stage even with Ronaldo on their books.

Don't discount how many quality players would have preferred a move to Old Trafford because a player like Ronaldo is there, and I also do not think SAF would have retired with such quality player on his books.

Great career he's had, yet he'd have had it with or without Real Madrid; and even better if he remained in Man United.
the only thing I like about your write up is the nice structure.

Ronaldo played six years in man utd and won UCL once with the quality players around. See before Madrid signed ororo they signed kaka, which means they were beginning to become serious abt their biz.

How Ronaldo won tk shine under Moyes na. How many quality signing did utd make with Ronaldo at his peak.

SAF was already old and fulfilled then.

You ppl are making Ronaldo look like a God.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:42am On Mar 24, 2019
This is quite interesting .

This short video clip shows who has spent the most money since the early 90's .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xee7Eh-iDrA

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2019
So I read Bailly Swallowed his tonguetongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6487) (6488) (6489) (6490) (6491) (6492) (6493) ... (14267) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.