Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,202 members, 7,960,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 09:08 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9177411 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6843) (6844) (6845) (6846) (6847) (6848) (6849) ... (14386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
We desperately need Fernandes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
Those 3 touches Gomez had with the outside of his foot before slotting it home were majestic. Cool, sublime and brilliant.

Hope he keeps developing in the right direction.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
Chrisus:

Chong is the only right winger here and I don't see him getting much games this season if he doesn't go on loan.

The others are just stopgaps, same as Dalot.

I believe those ones are better and will offer more than Dalot attack wise... Are you not tired of this converting players from one wing to another?

Even Andreas Pereira can do a decent job on the right.

Dalot should be back up to Wan B. Young should geddifok angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
pharod:

I believe those ones are better and will offer more than Dalot attack wise... Are you not tired of this converting players from one wing to another?

Even Andreas Pereira can do a decent job on the right.

Dalot should be back up to Wan B. Young should geddifok angry

As far as Woodward doesn't make the required signings, conversions will always happen.

Pereira wey never know him best position, na him go come do decent job there?

As for Young, whether we like it or not, he's staying for this season at least.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
Bailly should be sold abeg, he is just too rash for a CB.

I don't understand what Solskjaer sees in Lingard, that guy should be trained to play as a wing back and not an attacking midfielder where I'd rather have Mata.
Mata for all his shortcomings on the right wing best interprete the role of an attacking midfielder, he is always available for a pass, sprays the ball around effortlessly and has the eye for that killer pass, only downside is his physique.

Matic is as fast as a snail, he should be used sparingly.

Tuanzebe is shaky, we need a leader at the back.

Fred is a mad man, he does one good thing and next he is frustrating you with a misplaced pass or poor touch.

We are not ready...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
While Madrid is done with most of their signing, This club doesnt seem like signing anybody again this summer, the future seems to depend on the growth of our youngsters.

This season will be one long drama as it is. 6th Position may even be hard to come by for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emnyte(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Axel Tuanzebe vs. Spurs
100% tackles won
94% pass accuracy

Looks to be developing a nice partnership with Lindel
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emnyte(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2019
Aaron Wan-Bissaka completed 100% of his passes and won 100% of his tackles in the first half vs. Tottenham.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2019
The Earlier we build our team around youngsters likke Gomez, Bissaka, Chong, Tuanzebe, James, Greenwood, Mctominay and the unfortunately Rashford the better. I just get frustrated seeing players who have consistently failed for 6 years still trusted to form the fulcrum of the team. Release these useless players for God's sake and absolve the lose. Even if these youngsters dont win anything, we will be comforted not the overhyped and overpaid prima donas playing nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
OGS will be to Man U: what David Moyes was for Everton for 10 years or so grin grin grin

only this time...it will be that Everton played more serious ball than what this Man U team will play

I honestly do not see this team topping a team like WOLVES this season on the table...TBVH

they are only good at making unnecessary noise during press conference et all

there's roughly 2 weeks left until the deadline...won't be surprised if the curtains have already been drawn in this transfer window

Unseriousness begets Sloppiness!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
grin

Board know there is hope in the Academy than expending lavishly on potential Flops, that's the major Reason Butt is promoted to take charge of the Responsibility.

Let's be patient Dudes, United is on the rise. Smalling, Rojo and Young can NEVER start at the same time, this is a Preseason, hence experimenting is welcomed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Zabiboy: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
I just laugh when i see people say Man Utd is not ready this season....
To me the only position we need now is a CB bcz bailly is injury prone nd smalling,jones,rojo nd young are not good enough...Tottenham did not buy any player last season but yet got to d UCL finals...ok yes they had better players but let me shock you....Harry kane was bought nd loaned twice to two different clubs in england division then he came back and nobody knew him yet tottenham made him their top striker and they were playing champions league....Dele Alli was bought from M.K DONS yes M.K DONS a team in england league 1...They sold their best RB to mancity (walker) nd used trippier a player from burnley....i repeat burnley to play all season now they have sold trippier nd using kyle-walker pieters ( a tennager) as RB...sissoko was bough from a relegated newcastle...Ben Davies (LB) was bought from swansea....YOU See, none of these players were stars before they were bought but now they are worth millions in the transfer market....ok look at Arnold in liverpool...instead of signing a new RB when clyne got injured, klopp trusted nd groomed Arnold...now at d age of 20 he is already making UCL first eleven....The first thing Zidane did when he was first appointed was to bring back Asensio from loan a player who turned out to b a fantastic player...Even more proofs..
All i'm saying is that PERREIRA, GREENWOOD, CHONG, GOMES can be groomed nd used instead of signing fernandes...even pogba can be our 10..So whether we sign or not, we have players who can turn out to be world class and save us millions in the hyper-inflated market...it just need proper training nd grooming and patience too....And remember i said we need one CB to....doesnt really has to be maguire cz maguire has his own bad sides too...it can be anybody but has to b a good defender..

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Manchester United have rejected Galatasaray's first loan offer for Fred, but are expected to make another attempt to sign him.

- Güneş

- Sport Witness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made it clear to United that he wants to sign Harry Maguire as soon as possible.

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Solskjær: "It [tough tackling] was a good preparation for the league. I have no qualms about some of the tackles. We didn’t just receive, we gave. I thought it was a very good game."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ole: “Gomes? The little boy he’s bright and sharp, i’m delighted for him. He’s been really sharp in pre-season. We have high hopes for him.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
Solskjær: “It seems as if he’s [Bailly] twisted his knee, we have to wait for some scans, at the time the first look didn’t look great.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
Solskjær: “It was a great workout from Anthony [Martial]. We want to get ready for the league and this was a really competitive game.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
Solskjær: "It was hard work and we made it harder than we had to in the second half, we didn’t keep the ball. When you have the kick off and concede a throw in at the corner after 10 seconds isn’t a good start.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Zabiboy: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2019
Zabiboy:
I just laugh when i see people say Man Utd is not ready this season....
To me the only position we need now is a CB bcz bailly is injury prone nd smalling,jones,rojo nd young are not good enough...Tottenham did not buy any player last season but yet got to d UCL finals...ok yes they had better players but let me shock you....Harry kane was bought nd loaned twice to two different clubs in england division then he came back and nobody knew him yet tottenham made him their top striker and they were playing champions league....Dele Alli was bought from M.K DONS yes M.K DONS a team in england league 1...They sold their best RB to mancity (walker) nd used trippier a player from burnley....i repeat burnley to play all season now they have sold trippier nd using kyle-walker pieters ( a tennager) as RB...sissoko was bough from a relegated newcastle...Ben Davies (LB) was bought from swansea....YOU See, none of these players were stars before they were bought but now they are worth millions in the transfer market....ok look at Arnold in liverpool...instead of signing a new RB when clyne got injured, klopp trusted nd groomed Arnold...now at d age of 20 he is already making UCL first eleven....The first thing Zidane did when he was first appointed was to bring back Asensio from loan a player who turned out to b a fantastic player...Even more proofs..
All i'm saying is that PERREIRA, GREENWOOD, CHONG, GOMES can be groomed nd used instead of signing fernandes...even pogba can be our 10..So whether we sign or not, we have players who can turn out to be world class and save us millions in the hyper-inflated market...it just need proper training nd grooming and patience too....And remember i said we need one CB to....doesnt really has to be maguire cz maguire has his own bad sides too...it can be anybody but has to b a good defender..

i'll be waiting for u guys views and opinions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
If I was Eric Bailly's family lawyer, I would be drafting up a suit against Heung-Min Son grin cheesy

I mean, how can you drimbbbu someone like that sotay he needs a stretcher with two niggas to carry it.

Son is heartless cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

Board know there is hope in the Academy than expending lavishly on potential Flops, that's the major Reason Butt is promoted to take charge of the Responsibility.

Let's be patient Dudes, United is on the rise. Smalling, Rojo and Young can NEVER start at the same time, this is a Preseason, hence experimenting is welcomed.
there's still need for a leader in the three sections of the pitch who'll be starters if the youth must have a good base.

a leader at the back (Bailly, Jones and Rojo will soon be in sickbay)
a leader in the middle (Matic can't work anymore, he's done)
an experienced forward (Rashford is just a waste of time).

players are overpriced right now but there's surely still some decent basic CB somewhere with the right persona to organize that defense.
for the midfield, there are very good options with the right ethics.
for the Frontline, just add the experience of Ben Yadder grin

at least 2/3 can work. someone make me the technical director undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrissylva(m): 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
ChristineC:
there's still need for a leader in the three sections of the pitch who'll be starters if the youth must have a good base.

a leader at the back (Bailly, Jones and Rojo will soon be in sickbay)
a leader in the middle (Matic can't work anymore, he's done)
an experienced forward (Rashford is just a waste of time).

players are overpriced right now but there's surely still some decent basic CB somewhere with the right persona to organize that defense.
for the midfield, there are very good options with the right ethics.
for the Frontline, just add the experience of Ben Yadder grin

at least 2/3 can work. someone make me the technical director undecided
make you technical director because
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
chrissylva:
make you technical director because

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
Solskjær on Pogba and McTominay playing in a pivot: "They haven't done it before and today I thought they really looked like a good pair - they controlled the game better. Second half we didn't keep the ball well enough. Disappointed with the second half."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Solskjær: "He [Pogba] can play in a two like he does for France, but he's also got the freedom of picking his moments, when to go forward. Same with Scott [McTominay], who's best position is also like a number 8."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
Solskjær on rotating Martial and Rashford between the number 9 role: "He's [Martial] done that really well before - his first season at the club. It depends on how we see the opposition. They might be able to play together as a pair. Both of them have done very well."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
I really do pray we get a very good CM and CB..Whatever Ole does, hope he keeps Martial as our CF this season..Looks like he's our best finisher..

DDG

AWB. Lindelof. Maguire. Shaw

Fernandes. Mctom

James. Pogba. Rashford

Martial

I hope our lineup looks like this on 11th August..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
Zabiboy:

i'll be waiting for u guys views and opinions

Ofcourse, those guys have shown potential to play at an excellent level, it's up to the coaches to ensure it happens.

And i'm happy with the fluid attack OGS has introduced to the team's front three.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
CrystalTiger:

DDG

AWB. Lindelof. Maguire. Shaw

Fernandes. Mctom

James. Pogba. Rashford

Martial

I hope our lineup looks like this on 11th August..

Pogba can’t play in that position in this system. He isn’t fast enough for the pressing game and isn’t mobile enough for attacks. But he will excel in setting the tone or initiating attacks from where he’s being played currently. Some goals and lots of assists.

Also, take away Rashford from that starting XI. He’s not ready. I’ll pick Someone else (even Gomes) for that position ahead of him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
We still need another attacker. Rashford is playing rubbish and Martial can pull a Martial anytime.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
Leyqute:

Pogba can’t play in that position in this system. He isn’t fast enough for the pressing game and isn’t mobile enough for attacks. But he will excel in setting the tone or initiating attacks from where he’s being played currently. Some goals and lots of assists.

Also, take away Rashford from that starting XI. He’s not ready. I’ll pick Someone else (even Gomes) for that position ahead of him.

I chose Trashford because of Chong's fragile nature else Trashford wouldn't have gotten near the bench at all..I hope Chong adds some muscles honestly he's very good..

For Pogba, do we even have any other person there?..Linzard is useless, reason I was low key hoping we got that Maddison from Leicester..

I really do think we need a very creative person..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6843) (6844) (6845) (6846) (6847) (6848) (6849) ... (14386) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: cdor777 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.