Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8901874 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
tess_1:

Lol! Where is the superior argument? The article and Rooney's quote have already countered all the articles you posted. What remains to be countered are the facts/records presented by Coogar and I. And that is the truth. When there are facts/records, they will always remain the true source(s) of information. You need to go to the Courts and see where facts/records supersede oral evidence.

The article says nothing. Just general statements which I read a zillion years ago. You and Coogar have not brought any data. You brought a chart when Welbeck was 9 and Rooney was 10 in same match they played.

Rooney was played very deep in 2011/12. He also played in RM, CM too.

Chicha and Welbeck were 9. Chicjha alone had 16 matches and Welbeck 20. They might have a few in beween.

By this weekend, I will argue this matter better. Even if it means taking one match at a time over all 38 matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
coogar:

yes, it did.
the article generally summarised the difference in rooney's position. you need to learn the difference between CF/SS & AM. I think your problem is you dunno the difference between SS & AM.

Rooney has even played as no 9 in this season but elampiro may dispute this as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
elampiro:
The article says nothing. Just general statements which I read a zillion years ago. You and Coogar have not brought any data. You brought a chart when Welbeck was 9 and Rooney was 10 in same match they played.
Chicha and Welbeck were 9. Chicjha alone had 16 matches and Welbeck 20. They might have a few in beween.
By this weekend, I will argue this matter better. Even if it means taking one match at a time over all 38 matches.
undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
coogar:

yes, it did.
the article generally summarised the difference in rooney's position. you need to learn the difference between CF/SS & AM. I think your problem is you dunno the difference between SS & AM.

In 2011/2012 Rooney played mostly as an AM. He was dropping deep to exchange passes with Scholes while he frees himself into the box as crosses come in.

Something close to what he played against Norwich last week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
elampiro:

If you don't believe the article i posted, why should i believe yours. As far as i am concerned, those four articles have cancelled each order out. I even believe the one i posted the more because it aligned with the facts that are on ground. So your must be a dubious article.

So you want to tell me that you didn't see where it was written that the most used formation in that season was 4-4-2 and it was used 31 times out of 38 league matches. You need to go and get a pair of glasses to be able to read properly. Or is it that you were dazed by those facts?

I don't even have that time to continue an argument that is done and dusted.

I rest my case.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
tess_1:

Rooney has even played as no 9 in this season but elampiro may dispute this as well.

In what ratio to the times he played as 10? In 3 years time, you will argue he played 9 tthrough out.

Time for church. We will continue the argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
elampiro:
In 2011/2012 Rooney played mostly as an AM. He was dropping deep to exchange passes with Scholes while he frees himself into the box as crosses come in.

Something close to what he played against Norwich last week.

stop lying.....
in 11/12, rooney didn't drop deep anywhere. he scored plenty of goals & assisted less. how can rooney cop 2,800 mins with about 7 assists to show for it? number 10 & his productivity is 1 assist every 400 minutes? yea right!!!

tess_1:
If you don't believe the article i posted, why should i believe yours. As far as i am concerned, those four articles have cancelled each order out. I even believe the one i posted the more because it aligned with the facts that are on ground. So your must be a dubious article.
So you want to tell me that you didn't see where it was written that the most used formation in that season was 4-4-2 and it was used 31 times out of 38 league matches. You need to go and get a pair of glasses to be able to read properly. Or is it that you were dazed by those facts?
I rest my case.

elampiro doesn't see images on his phone so spare him. united played 4-4-2 formation 31 times that season. the creativity was from the flanks that season. it was ashley young, valencia & nani tasked with creating the goals.

rooney was in the box waiting for these crosses & he was scoring tap-ins for fun. there's no way mr rooney can be a 10 & post 7 league assists throughout the season. that bit is where elampiro got things screwed up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
tess_1:

I rest my case.

In 4-4-2 there is a lead striker. Always in Man United.

I have several articles about Rooney/Welbeck 2011/12. It was mainly 4-4-1-1 with Rooney dropping to midfield while Welbeck/Chicha led the attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
coogar:

stop lying.....
in 11/12, rooney didn't drop deep anywhere. he scored plenty of goals & assisted less. how can rooney cop 2,800 mins with about 7 assists to show for it? number 10 & his productivity is 1 assist every 400 minutes? yea right!!!

Liar.

Rooney was the 3rd highest passer in the final 3rd. The only number 10 player, other nine players are all midfielders.

Chichja had 16 games. Welbeck had 20 games. A chart here already showed Welbeck was used in front of Rooney in a 4-4-1-1 formation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
elampiro:
Liar.
Rooney was the 3rd highest passer in the final 3rd. The only number 10 player, other nine players are all midfielders.

stop talking like an idiöt.....
rooney had 7 assists...valencia(14), nani(12), young(11). between our wingers, they contributed 37 league assists that season. that alone should tell you united played 4-4-2 & not the lie you are telling us.

Chichja had 16 games. Welbeck had 20 games. A chart here already showed Welbeck was used in front of Rooney in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

you are a goat.....
4411 formation was only deployed twice. my chart even highlighted the result of those games. 442 was used 31 times & in a 442, there's no AM. there's a CF1 & CF2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
If Rooney played 9. He must be super human to be 3rd on this list.

Off to church. More info to come.

I will re-dig out the figures of other players.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
elampiro: If Rooney played 9. He must be super human to be 3rd on this list.

Off to church. More info to come.
I will re-dig out the figures of other players.

you are such an idïot.....
this is why illiterates shouldn't be allowed to handle stats. the stats you posted put rooney in passes in the final third(where strikers should be anyways). rooney i am sure played the most games in our team in the attack so how does your stats prove rooney played as a 10?

the FT, PD PA & PH percentages already tell me rooney was higher up the pitch than any other player in that list. rooney scored highest in passes attempted in the attacking half & scored lowest in the defensive half - the mark of a centre forward!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
elampiro n coogar..i hail una 2...

Ds na new year o,make una gv unaself hug abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
coogar:

stop talking like an idiöt.....
rooney had 7 assists...valencia(14), nani(12), young(11). between our wingers, they contributed 37 league assists that season. that alone should tell you united played 4-4-2 & not the lie you are telling us.

you are a goat.....
4411 formation was only deployed twice. my chart even highlighted the result of those games. 442 was used 31 times & in a 442, there's no AM. there's a CF1 & CF2

Rooney didn't play 9 again, now it's CF2. Ukwu!!! Dem do dey confess.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
elampiro:
Rooney didn't play 9 again, now it's CF2. Ukwu!!! Dem do dey confess.

9 is CF = centre forward.
if you are an illiterate, we are ready to give you football lessons free of charge here. i will see it as a humanitarian job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
coogar:

you are such an idïot.....
this is why illiterates shouldn't be allowed to handle stats. the stats you posted put rooney in passes in the final third(where strikers should be anyways). rooney i am sure played the most games in our team in the attack so how does your stats prove rooney played as a 10?

Ayagayagayagayo hei ayagayagauyagayo

What about other 19 teams numbers 9 and 10 strikers/players. Why are they not on the list? Only midfielders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy New Year people.

God's abundance blessings, love and prosperity shall be our inheritance.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
elampiro:
Ayagayagayagayo hei ayagayagauyagayo

What about other 19 teams numbers 9 and 10 strikers/players. Why are they not on the list? Only midfielders.

even if you are blind, you should see rooney had the lowest number of total passes in the list. he made the lowest passes in the defensive half & the highest passes in the attacking half. your stats have defeated you, elampiro.........go to bed!

this is the final nail on elampiro's coffin....

the similarity in 09/10 & 11/12 suggest rooney operated in the same position throughout. look at his assists in those seasons, min/goal, overall contribution & compare to the other seasons.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1492977_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

elampiro has been destroyed finally - this is another stat comparing RVP's stats with rooney's stat in 11/12 season. they had similar stats too(the stats of true centre forwards).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy new yr in advanCe my fellow red bruvs .... Abeg Baba elamps no Cawie arguement enta 2014....@h take God name beg u .... Dopejemi and coogar beg for me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
JayKayMaybachz: Happy new yr in advanCe my fellow red bruvs .... Abeg Baba elamps no Cawie arguement enta 2014....@h take God name beg u .... Dopejemi and coogar beg for me
leave them make them argue till 12, na their finaL argument be this, so Let them enjoy it, I'm sure they know they are not carrying this argument over to the new year
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ocephraim(m): 10:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy New Year in advance to us all... Elampiro n Coogar, abeg agree on one issue b4 the year ends grin ... #Our blood gats everly remain red.. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
Argument for me is a waste of talent
I think stating your points/back up/summary over 3 or 4 submissions does it
afterall, the guy who opposed ur points from the beginning will still stand his ground 10 pages later undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
DAMN see pages and pages of epistles. shocked

@ tess 1 welcome to our raucous thread. Happy new year to all. May be a fruitful one for us all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:00am On Jan 01, 2014
SailorXY: Argument for me is a waste of talent
I think stating your points/back up/summary over 3 or 4 submissions does it
afterall, the guy who opposed ur points from the beginning will still stand his ground 10 pages later undecided

Exactly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:18am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year red devils.. i pray we see even more elampiro vs. coogar epistles, lesser boredesliga pokenosers and a better perfomance from UNITED this year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2014
leggo: Happy New Year red devils.. i pray we see less of elampiro vs. coogar epistles, lesser boredesliga pokenosers and a better perfomance from UNITED this year.

Fixed. (Although it seems impossible)

Happy new year to all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 2:29am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year guys.

More trophies to our darling team and more success and achievements to us all.

Exceeding Grace is coming our way in 2014.

Proudly United.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:58am On Jan 01, 2014
HNY!

GGMU!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:09am On Jan 01, 2014
n0m0705:
Fixed
I think Rooney in the middle should be prioritized for now. This your format may work if Januzaj has the ability to play through that center as a 'false 9'
The front three of Januzaj - Welbeck - Kagawa starting against Spurs can do the job with the right tactics, dynamism & support from CM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:23am On Jan 01, 2014
May the New Year 2014 give you loads of reasons to celebrate and have wonderful days that are filled with laughter

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:05am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year my red brothers.....May u all be blessed IJN.....may God grant man utd and our the fans (we) our hrt desires
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:08am On Jan 01, 2014
SailorXY:
I think Rooney in the middle should be prioritized for now. This your format may work if Januzaj has the ability to play through that center as a 'false 9'
The front three of Januzaj - Welbeck - Kagawa starting against Spurs can do the job with the right tactics, dynamism & support from CM
Yeah bru.....buh d p here is Kagawa....that ninja gets bullied with ball easily....i miss Nani

(1) (2) (3) ... (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.