Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,291 members, 7,925,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 05:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9071702 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7239) (7240) (7241) (7242) (7243) (7244) (7245) ... (14306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
chidexxy007:

Martial.... Lvg, Mou, Ole
Rashford.... Lvg, Mou, Ole

Ole agreed is clueless, LVG and Mou?
didn't Rashford have his most productive season under Jose? Despite jose being a defensive manager? Martial was also brilliant under LVG despite zombie football.

I'm not trying to elevate them to Sterling's level o, but they are good enough to challenge for top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
iamharkinwaley:
That Soyuncu really dey burst brain. I was pushed to browse about him.

Turkish Defender

We have our own Soyuncu in Bailly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
This argument bring to the fore again how the team set up.

A front three of Rashford, Martial, James should produce more than a front three of Barnes, Vardy and Perez even though I will take Vardy over any of our current strikers.

You look at Leicester midfield off the ball movement and you will swear on God that our players don’t do anything in training.

Arsenal were poor yesterday but see how Soyunuc and Evans move up the pitch and cover for when Youri and Madisson move up the pitch. Now that we don’t have Pogba in the team squad, Madison and Tielemans will stroll into our midfield and it’s not even funny.

Our team is badly coached quite alright but some of our players are bust. The earlier we come to term with that, the better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
Chrisus:

We have our own Soyuncu in Bailly

Baily na Akpruka defender grin cheesy grin Calamity waiting to happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
Lana1:
A striker and an attacking midfielder is a must in the next two windows. At least one of those should come in January.

Anything short of that will be foolishness.

We need a proven scorer to play in any of the front 3 positions. Doesn’t have to be a CF. His Added quality will help the other forwards.

But more importantly, we need that AM who is only concerned about connecting midfield and attack. Dybala sef won’t do.

It doesn’t even have to be an AM. It could be an agile box to box CM.

Relying on Lingard, Nata and Pereira (though I like him) is futile.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
Leyqute:

Agreed. Martial is more clinical. But Why hasn’t he scored 20 league goals a season? He’s spent almost 4 years in the EPL.
he's playing as Wide forward, 20league goals Kwa? even eden hazard no reach those numbers.
In fact the last player to score 20league goals last for united was RVP.
Even Zlatan and lukaku no reach 20league goals seff.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2019
chidexxy007:

Martial.... Lvg, Mou, Ole
Rashford.... Lvg, Mou, Ole

Ole agreed is clueless, LVG and Mou?

Funny how Martial had his best season under LVG who is the only attacking coach among the trio. So you have successfully buttressed the guy's point grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
airmark:

How many great strikers are out there? How many will want to join a sinking ship?
Pulisic and Kovacic aren't strikers but even they still decided to join ur own capsizing ship.

Aside a change in taktiks and manager, United also need a proven goal scorer who is consistent for two out of three games.

Martial and Rashford have played under 3 different managers and proven that they aren't shït.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
Lana1:
Pulisic and Kovacic aren't strikers but even they still decided to join ur own capsizing ship.

Aside a change in taktiks and manager, United also need a proven goal scorer who is consistent for two out of three games.

Martial and Rashford have played under 3 different managers and proven that they aren't shït.
How? As wingforwards under defensive managers they have done well.

At least to make them good and starting players for any team that want to finish in the top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
weedtaker:
didn't Rashford have his most productive season under Jose? Despite jose being a defensive manager? Martial was also brilliant under LVG despite zombie football.

I'm not trying to elevate them to Sterling's level o, but they are good enough to challenge for top 4.
Best moment of 12goals in 40+ matches in all competitions..

Na wetin u wan use compete for league? LMAO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
larride:
This argument bring to the fore again how the team set up.

A front three of Rashford, Martial, James should produce more than a front three of Barnes, Vardy and Perez even though I will take Vardy over any of our current strikers.

You look at Leicester midfield off the ball movement and you will swear on God that our players don’t do anything in training .

I’d rather prefer Vardy in the Martial - James mix. Rashford can be left out- he doesn’t score a lot and doesn’t create a lot. James’ focus is creating. And Martial is a mix.

Vardy is heads and shoulders ahead of our current strikers in scoring goals.

And no , I’m not talking about skills or whatever. I’m talking about putting it in the net. Anyhow. It’s more than technique. It’s instinct and a willing determination to bury half chances, however it comes. 1 vs 1, 1 vs 2, crosses, tapins, headings.

V. Nistelrooy. Talentless mudafoka. Fox in the box. Scores all kinds of goals.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
Elnino4ladies:

Baily na Akpruka defender grin cheesy grin Calamity waiting to happen

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
weedtaker:
he's playing as Wide forward, 20league goals Kwa? even eden hazard no reach those numbers.
In fact the last player to score 20league goals last for united was RVP.
Even Zlatan and lukaku no reach 20league goals seff.

If you think 20 league goals is too much for a MU forward I have nothing more to discuss with you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
chidexxy007:

Best moment of 12goals in 40+ matches in all competitions..

Na wetin u wan use compete for league? LMAO
And who's talking about competing for the league? how many wey willian de score for chelsea when dem de make top4? Son nkor? moura?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
Leyqute:

If you think 20 league goals is too much for a MU forward I have nothing more to discuss with you.
And when has Martial played as the undisputed no.9? [ not that he's even a center Forward] we've a player that can score 20league goals and ur rookie manager sold and replaced him with a CB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2019
Leyqute:

I seriously don’t know which I’ll pick but Vardy is heads and shoulders ahead of our current strikers in scoring goals.

And no , I’m not talking about skills or whatever. I’m talking about putting it in the net. Anyhow. It’s more than technique. It’s instinct and a willing determination to bury half chances, however it comes. 1 vs 1, 1 vs 2, crosses, tapins, headings.

V. Nistelrooy. Talentless mudafoka. Fox in the box. Scores all kinds of goals.

Well those players can argue they are not pure strikers. At least Rashford doesn’t play like someone that’s a pure striker. He might be one in his early days but not anymore.

Same as Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
MRTA7:

I wish him a speedy recovery. All the best.

Thanks sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
pharod:

Thank God he's alright.. Speedy recovery bro

Thanks a lot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
larride:

Well those players can argue they are not pure strikers. At least Rashford doesn’t play like someone that’s a pure striker. He might be one in his early days but not anymore.

Same as Martial.
None of them are center forwards so the vardy comparison is silly, Vardy is a poacher.

We've lukaku who's a better scorer and better player than vardy but allowed our rookie manager to sell and replace him with a CB
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
weedtaker:
Speedy Recovery, man.

Thanks a lot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2019
patrickmuf:
Our strikers are not the problem for now. Aguero will miss 2-3 chances but you'll hardly panic if you had him to score on your bet that's because of the number of chances they create same for the Liverpool forwards. Yesterday I had Leicester to win and to be honest, never at any point was I in doubt.

I don’t disagree that we need to create more chances. I’m just saying our strikers need to (create and ) score more goals.

With his running and positioning, Aguero can draw out defenders and create chances for Sterling or KDB. It’s not same for Utd.

Rashford had loads of chances in the last EL game at OT. He didn’t score them and he hardly created for his teammates.

The midfield is currently comatose. There isn’t enough positioning or running into spaces to create spaces for teammates. This extends to the forwards too.

There’s enough blames to go around. Ole has his own share too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2019
Dopejemi sorry you got mugged. Wish you a speedy recovery.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
Leyqute:
Dopejemi sorry you got mugged. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks a lot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
weedtaker:
And when has Martial played as the undisputed no.9? [ not that he's even a center Forward] we've a player that can score 20league goals and ur rookie manager sold and replaced him with a CB.

When has Mané played as the undisputed number 9? Sterling?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2019
larride:

Same as Martial.

You don’t have to be a pure striker to bang in goals na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
I think Ole will start Mata today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
Leyqute:

When has Mané played as the undisputed number 9? Sterling?
Good question what were their respective output before klopp and Pep happened? Am not even factoring the fact they are younger than mane sterling.

Salah at Rashford and Martial age was a flop at chelsea and wasn't pulling trees in the serie A .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
Lana1:

Who's this proven goal scorer, who will be ready to play with Lingard, Fred and Matic, in europa league next season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
Leyqute:

I don’t disagree that we need to create more chances. I’m just saying our strikers need to (create and ) score more goals.

With his running and positioning, Aguero can draw out defenders and create chances for Sterling or KDB. It’s not same for Utd.

Rashford had loads of chances in the last EL game at OT. He didn’t score them and he hardly created for his teammates.

The midfield is currently comatose. There isn’t enough positioning or running into spaces to create spaces for teammates. This extends to the forwards too.

There’s enough blames to go around. Ole has his own share too.
Ole is de no.1 and biggest problem. our attacking play is poor. I wonder wetin carrick and makeena de even do seff.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
Williams start

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
ILLICITblood:
Williams start
Maguire captain?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
I forgot like make Rojo start ahead of lindelof and greenwood ahead of Pereira.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7239) (7240) (7241) (7242) (7243) (7244) (7245) ... (14306) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 24 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.