Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,923 members, 7,924,894 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 03:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9066654 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7315) (7316) (7317) (7318) (7319) (7320) (7321) ... (14305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
patrickmuf:
I am saying with those guys behind them, they'd have looked way better...Alves created the most chances for Messi not Henry or Eto'o at any point or Villa or Ibra neither did Pedro or Cuenca. Xavi topped the assist chart at some point. Of late, Alba has done a good job making for for the creativity on the wings.

If what I have typed above isn't clear to you then we can move on to something else....

Messi mostly topped the chances created charts for Barca season after season except when Xavi or Fabregas displaced him. Sometimes Iniesta and Sanchez came higher than both Xavi and Alves.

Xavi vs Alves
2009/2010.....109/54
2010/2011 .....65/54
2011/2012....44/44
2012/2013.....47/36
2013/2014.....53/40

2015/16 Neymar 1st 102, Messi 2nd 77, Suarez 55, Rakitic 32, Inieta 22, Alves 21
2016/17 Neymay, Messi, Suarez

You were quick to call Alves and forgot to call Jodi Alba who was creating only 18, 19 chances. Don't you think Alba covered some lapses in the defence when may Pique will have to go cover for Alves. Bissaka can be our Alba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
Did you see that Neymar, Messi Suarez were the ones creating chances for themselves?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
What Scholes has said is spot on. I'll never understand why managers always make the same decisions over and over again expecting different results.

For example, in Mourinho's 2nd time out at Chelsea, i think the season he was sacked, he kept playing Ivanovic as his RB despite the guy getting roasted every matchday. Still he kept using Ivanovic instead of dumping him for Azpilicueta on the right and Filipe Luis on the left.

It's the same thing Ole is doing now. I dont understand this consistent over reliance on counter-attack, when you can attack right from the start and have a higher chance of getting the maximum points.

Even the DNA he is trying to emulate ditched defence for attack when we last won the league. SMH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2019
patrickmuf:
I am watching matchday on Supersport 3 right now and Paul Scholes just corroborated everything I and a few others have been saying. He said we are better off attacking than defending thus he saw no reason why Ole made that sub.
He also said we don't have an identity with regards to the constant changes in formation. For him, there's no reason for us to line up with 3 CBs against Sheffield United irrespective of their current form.
When the talk of missing McTominay came up, he and Sherwood said that the fact we are missing McSauce shows how far the standard has dropped.

Elampiro, rather listen to Neville, you should pay more attention to Scholes.

Paul Scholes is an elementary analyst compared to Garry Neville. If Scholes is paid 50k to analyse, Neville will be paid 300k. If 1m people listen to Scholes, Neville will be listened to by 10m grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
grin

Arsenal and Uselessness are like Siamese Twins. When last did Pukki score? Same Pukki almost all the FPL Players have sold for even Ayew?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

A particular Princess is viewing with her purple red Eyes. She's gonna feed on some Dudes soon.

LMAO!
Lol. How did you know my eyes are currently red? grin

Well, i have learnt long ago that emotional and fallacious arguments are the order of the day here. So i am minding my business before one dunce who can't argue logically tells me that i am not a Man Utd fan. According to you guys, "i am in siddon look mode" grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
elampiro:

Messi mostly topped the chances created charts for Barca season after season except when Xavi or Fabregas displaced him. Sometimes Iniesta and Sanchez came higher than both Xavi and Alves.

Xavi vs Alves
2009/2010.....109/54
2010/2011 .....65/54
2011/2012....44/44
2012/2013.....47/36
2013/2014.....53/40

2015/16 Neymar 1st 102, Messi 2nd 77, Suarez 55, Rakitic 32, Inieta 22, Alves 21
2016/17 Neymay, Messi, Suarez

You were quick to call Alves and forgot to call Jodi Alba who was creating only 18, 19 chances. Don't you think Alba covered some lapses in the defence when may Pique will have to go cover for Alves. Bissaka can be our Alba.
Hehehe Make I just laugh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2019
elampiro:

What you said in your previous post was wrong. I will highlight it for you.

Not once did Alves created more chances than Xav
I said Alves created more chances for Messi than any other forward he played with and you're telling me about Xavi...You opined that strikers should create chances for themselves and in response I told you that most of Messi chances were created by Alves a RB and not his fellow strikers in a bid to show you the effect of Fullbacks in progressive football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
grin

Lineup

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Do we have to care about others for now?! We've been caring about others since Sir Alex left, and what do we get in return?! Hiring and firing of Managers.

So if OGS is sacked, which Manager is available to build the Team and succeed immediately?!

Which team rebuilt and succeeded immediately

The liverpool sitting on top the table did they succeed immediately or shey na Man city succeed immediately
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Which team rebuilt and succeeded immediately

The liverpool sitting on top the table did they succeed immediately or shey na Man city succeed immediately

grin

But some of our Fans want immediate Success nah!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
purpleprincess:
Lol. How did you know my eyes are currently red? grin

Well, i have learnt long ago that emotional and fallacious arguments are the order of the day here. So i am minding my business before one dunce who can't argue logically tells me that i am not a Man Utd fan. According to you guys, "i am in siddon look mode" grin

grin

You finally spit the fire like Queen Dragon! You can burn everywhere with your Rage o!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

But some of our Fans want immediate Success nah!

Pep moved the team from 4th to 3rd to 1st
Klopp moved from 7th to 4th to 2nd and likely 1st

But Man utd wants a coach that will move them from 6th to 1st

Goodluck finding one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

Lineup

Juan Mata starting. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

You finally spit the fire like Queen Dragon! You can burn everywhere with your Rage o!
The crap i see here hurts my eyes.

I would rather burn a spliff. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Pep moved the team from 4th to 3rd to 1st
Klopp moved from 7th to 4th to 2nd and likely 1st

But Man utd wants a coach that will move them from 6th to 1st

Goodluck finding one

grin

..... Because other Clubs and their respective Managers are bunch of Dunces.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
purpleprincess:
The crap i see here hurts my eyes.

I would rather burn a spliff. cheesy grin

grin

The Wisemen are too much on our darling Thread nah.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
patrickmuf:
I said Alves created more chances for Messi than any other forward he played with and you're telling me about Xavi...You opined that strikers should create chances for themselves and in response I told you that most of Messi chances were created by Alves a RB and not his fellow strikers in a bid to show you the effect of Fullbacks in progressive football.

Because Alves took set plays.

Just like Ashley Young has created the highest chances in Manchester United this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
Perreira and Mata. God safe us today!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2019
elampiro:

Paul Scholes is an elementary analyst compared to Garry Neville. If Scholes is paid 50k to analyse, Neville will be paid 300k. If 1m people listen to Scholes, Neville will be listened to by 10m grin

That doesn't mean that he knows what he's talking about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lana1:
Lol. Starting at the same time.
Hmmm. Let's see how it pans out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2019
chrisley024:
Lol. Starting at the same time.
Hmmm. Let's see how it pans out
A chance has been handed to us to end the day in 5th place. I hope it ends in praise
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2019
When Klopp came, you could see the direction the team was headed even though the personnel were bad. Their intensity increased almost immediately and after each search, they made tremendous progress.

At City, it's the same thing, Pep didn't win any trophy in his first season but it was obvious from the get-go the kind of game he wanted to play and once he got in the necessary players, they won the league.

We can go about changing the personnel but whilst at it, we need to at least see progress on the field of play and our position on the log. Nobody is insinuating that things should change almost immediately but let's see a clear blueprint.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2019
pharod:

That doesn't mean that he knows what he's talking about.
Help me tell him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2019
elampiro:

Because Alves took set plays.

Just like Ashley Young has created the highest chances in Manchester United this season.
Alves took set plays? Oga it's facts or nothing. Alves take set pieces in a team with Messi and Xavi? Hmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lana1:
I'm always sad seeing those two in the starting lineup, especially Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ole really saw that performance from that midfield last week and decided to try it again. SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2019
eph12:

I'm always sad seeing those two in the starting lineup, especially Mata.
Garner and Levitt should be ahead of Pereira and I'll take Lingard over Pereira at the moment. Pereira has been poor thus far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2019
patrickmuf:
When Klopp came, you could see the direction the team was headed even though the personnel were bad. Their intensity increased almost immediately and after each search, they made tremendous progress.

At City, it's the same thing, Pep didn't win any trophy in his first season but it was obvious from the get-go the kind of game he wanted to play and once he got in the necessary players, they won the league.

We can go about changing the personnel but whilst at it, we need to at least see progress on the field of play and our position on the log. Nobody is insinuating that things should change almost immediately but let's see a clear blueprint.

How would you see a blueprint from a coach you didn't hire

For Pochetinno have you not seen his blueprint at Spurs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2019
patrickmuf:

If I may ask.... What was the Direction under LVG? Why was he sacked? What was the Direction under Mou and why was he sacked?! Were they wrong with their respective Directions?!

We wailed here that LVG possessional Football is boring, he was sacked despite winning a Trophy.

We accused Mou of packing-the-Bus like we didn't know before he was hired. He won Trophies, yet he was fired.

So which Direction are you Guys seeking? Offensive or Defensive? Experience Manager or a Rookie? Who's gonna give us the damn Direction?!

Who's the fuckîn Moses that gonna part the Red Sea and leads us to Israel ffs!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2019
patrickmuf:
Garner and Levitt should be ahead of Pereira and I'll take Lingard over Pereira at the moment. Pereira has been poor thus far.
I don't know how these coaches can so much believe in a player that has done nothing for over a year
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

How would you see a blueprint from a coach you didn't hire

For Pochetinno have you not seen his blueprint at Spurs
On the field of play, you will see whether or not the team was making progress. Why on earth were you against Kovac? You wanted him to get the sack but you want us to praise Ole over here.

Talking of Poch, nobody can rubbish his good works with Spurs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7315) (7316) (7317) (7318) (7319) (7320) (7321) ... (14305) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.